Opinion on M/M and F/F Options

Aestury

You're at a forum solely dedicated to discussing Fire Emblem Fates, so chances are you'll see both a lot of praise and hate of the game, since the game contains a lot of good and bad. It's entirely possible to criticize or dislike parts of something while still enjoying it as a whole. Calling out people trying to have a discussion is not constructive in any way.

And I care how? because I dont. I dont care about other people irl and I certainly dont on the Internet.

Edited by GrayClouds23

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meanwhile, Benny is the almost ideal choice for fans of Bara like myself, but he's unobtainable.

ofcourse i think they picked the choices solely because they were the most 'yaoi and yaoi fanboy/girl bait" and not for any actual homosexual's.

This is really what it boils down to, isn't it?

I hope they take note for the next game, if we'll have Avatar romance (we'll probably do). Whenever I see Niles I really ponder what the average gay man would find in him, seeing how I've seen many gay guys say they're not into yaoi and bishonen. I'm not saying all gay guys are not attracted to Niles, but simply that it's not common.

Another thing they could've avoided was not splitting in two the homosexual options. Why not 2 boys and 2 girls for each version? Oh and I agree that Rhajat was not a very good option, since she is not a new character at all.

And I care how? because I dont. I dont care about other people irl and I certainly dont on the Internet.

You clearly cared enough to post in the thread at all.

I can't deny I'm disappointed they made the only F/F option a Tharja clone, and a child unit at that. Niles I'm better with if only because he's an actually new character. And also because he's in Conquest and I'm biased towards that version of the game.

I'm hoping for better next time around, but I'd be lying if I said I expect better.

You clearly cared enough to post in the thread at all.

I can't deny I'm disappointed they made the only F/F option a Tharja clone, and a child unit at that. Niles I'm better with if only because he's an actually new character. And also because he's in Conquest and I'm biased towards that version of the game.

I'm hoping for better next time around, but I'd be lying if I said I expect better.

But does that mean I truly care, deep down in the bottom of my soul? Also tharja hate seems to be everywhere. Sigh.

Citation needed. Nintendo says otherwise actually.

One of the developers or NoJ officials (don't bother bringing up a NoA spokesman) said same-sex pairings are there to be inclusive or pander to SJWs?

But the option was added most likely because A) the tomodotchi life backlash

That backlash was a case of SJWs acting up over a Japanese game apparently not being Western enough. Fire Emblem is a niche series that was redesigned for a different audience than the the SJWs who acted up over that anyway.

and B) lots of people wanted same sex romance in Awakening.

For ''inclusiveness''?

I think people overestimate how big the yaoi/Yuri crowd is.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Fire Emblem was redesigned to draw more of the animu crowd. And I don't know if you've seen this but same-sex is a noticeable sexual fetish.

One of the developers or NoJ officials (don't bother bringing up a NoA spokesman) said same-sex pairings are there to be inclusive or pander to SJWs?

That backlash was a case of SJWs acting up over a Japanese game apparently not being Western enough. Fire Emblem is a niche series that was redesigned for a different audience than the the SJWs who acted up over that anyway.

For ''inclusiveness''?

I don't know if you've noticed, but Fire Emblem was redesigned to draw more of the animu crowd. And I don't know if you've seen this but same-sex is a noticeable sexual fetish.

You've got that right about people complaining about it after the change, it makes me cringe everytime. Its laughable too.

Is all you people do is complain? Hmm if anything Forrest and Soleil make more sense for the same sex options. Or they could have been extra ones.

I dont believe most people here are exactly complaining, we're more talking about the options and that hopefully maybe they can increase the options in later games. Forrest and soleil are better options though but if what we have is final which it probably is I wouldnt really mind. At least its there.

I dont believe most people here are exactly complaining, we're more talking about the options and that hopefully maybe they can increase the options in later games. Forrest and soleil are better options though but if what we have is final which it probably is I wouldnt really mind. At least its there.

Ah, well I also heard they were putting in more same sex options, but that must have been a big rumor. Kind of upsets me. Not only that but have you seen Corrin and Forrest's support? He says he prefers girls, so wow, thanks Japan.

On 25/02/2016 at 1:43 PM, ChaosFox said:

I'm wondering why they didn't make the corrinsexuals bi either. They already can only marry Corrin so why not let them marry both genders?

Yeeeeees, same. Since they can literally only marry Kamui, why not let them marry both? Also, I wish Joker and Felicia were options. Both of them give off lovey dovey vibes no matter what Corn you pick, imo, so it'd be nice.

Edit: A little extra: I'm kinda sad the only F/F option is a second gen. Kamui x 2nd gen marriage feels so weird that I'd literally never consider it. :/

Edited by Matt-hue

Yes, yes, this is my sentiment exactly. Since they can literally only marry Kamui, why not allow them to marry both? Also, I wish Joker and Felicia were options. Both of them give off romantic vibes no matter what Kamui you pick, imo, so it'd be nice.

oh my gosh. I would love to be able to marry Jakob, he reminds me of myself. Also havent people been wishing Inigo/Laslow was a choice?

What I'd REALLY like was if there were 2 options on each side.

The boys could choose between:

-Jakob and Silas in all routes

-Niles and Lazlow in Conquest

-Subaki and Kaden in Birthright

Meanwhile, girls could choose between:

-Felicia and Azura in all routes

-Soleil and Selena in Conquest

-Rhajat and Orochi in Birthright

This would just be my ideal vision. They're probably bad choices.

I honestly can't take people who use the term "SJW" seriously. Or the word "pander" which people only seem to apply when someone other than themselves gets something. A NoA representative is more proof than no one saying it was made to appeal to yaoi and Yuri fans. It's clear that they did this because of previous criticism from TL and Awakening, a lot of which was from LGBT people.

Or it was because LGBT people wanted to play as themselves..? You seem to hate "SJW." Can't really tell what you're arguing, is this about "SJW pandering" or the games feature being for yaoi/Yuri fans?

For ''inclusiveness''?

"Yes"

FE was always animu, and it was redesigned to have more broad appeal period, not specifically for the "animu" crowd which actually doesn't consist of that many people. This is why they added a casual mode and promoted a demo for Awakening. Same sex marriage in this game was obviously added to make the game more inclusive, my main point (which you didn't seem to quote) is that Japan's only mainstream frame of reference to LGBT people and their lives is yaoi/yuri so of course they're going to use the tropes from those, because it's easy. Western media had the same problem with every LGBT person being a stereotype or trope and that's only recently changed.

No, I quite like them actaully.

If Silas was a bi option, (which I wish he was so I could also marry him on male runs) I would have called him Bilas for sure.

Edited by ChaosFox

Hmm, I personally would put Benoit instead of Lazlow and Hinata instead of Kaden.

But does that mean I truly care, deep down in the bottom of my soul? Also tharja hate seems to be everywhere. Sigh.

I didn't mean to imply I hate Tharja (I don't like her, but I don't hate her either), merely disappointment that the only F/F option is a clone of a previous character instead of a more original one.

I would have been all about Felicia.

My heart is forever broken that I can't date the cute maid and instead am stuck with a rude butler.

Add Fuga and Benny and I'm happy, the other guys frankly don't interest me.

I didn't mean to imply I hate Tharja (I don't like her, but I don't hate her either), merely disappointment that the only F/F option is a clone of a previous character instead of a more original one.

My heart is forever broken that I can't date the cute maid and instead am stuck with a rude butler.

You know what> I feel the same way, also Izana would have made a good choice.

I was really happy to figure out there was a bi option for Fates, I didn't really mind that it was version exclusive since I like both genders so I didn't have to worry to much about it but having a girl option is always nice to me. I don't hate Tharja myself, she was never really interesting to me and sometimes a bit off putting, So when she was announced as the f/f option I was sad because I got a character I already didn't care for from a previous game as my only female option. (I mean Azura and Felicia are right there and Soeil is really weird for not being an option.) I can understand and respect people who will want to marry her, but I myself am not to pleased with it. I can deal with it, but I'm not to happy about it.

Yeah, I don't hate Tharja, I hate that they got lazy with the lesbian option. When they have a few legit new characters that could have been a great lesbian option, it sucks they stuck us with a clone.

Yeah but what're you gonna do, the world can only handle one lesbian at a time, you know.