Opinion on M/M and F/F Options

Aestury

I honestly like Niles. Interesting (if sometimes disturbing) character, great unit, sexy man with a sexy voice, the whole nine yards.

However, I don't know how long it will take IS to figure out that allowing MU to marry any member of the cast regardless of gender is a good way to go. It's simple: Just make Corrin pop the question in the S Support, have some awkward "but you're a dude/chick and I'm a dude/chick" stuff (like Niles x M!Corrin in Japanese) and then an eventual acceptance to the proposal. Boom.

i want my pineapple ;^;

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly like Niles. Interesting (if sometimes disturbing) character, great unit, sexy man with a sexy voice, the whole nine yards.

However, I don't know how long it will take IS to figure out that allowing MU to marry any member of the cast regardless of gender is a good way to go. It's simple: Just make Corrin pop the question in the S Support, have some awkward "but you're a dude/chick and I'm a dude/chick" stuff (like Niles x M!Corrin in Japanese) and then an eventual acceptance to the proposal. Boom.

i want my pineapple ;^;

Have u given him a bath towel? He says its kinky and wants to try it on haha

In my own silly ideal world:

All versions:

• MaMui and Silas
  • FeMui and Azura

Birthright:

• MaMui and Kaden or Takumi
  • FeMui and Orochi or Reina
  • Kagerou and Orochi

Conquest:

• MaMui and Niles or Benny
  • FeMui and Soleil or Selena
  • Niles and Harold

Revelations:

• Takumi and Leon
  • Oboro and Belka

I think it's safe to say that IS will explore this more in their next entry in the franchise. Consider that Niles, when you exclude the royals, was among the top percentile of most popular units and that the inclusion of gay marriage has had a (mostly) positive reception.

Yeah, the options are VERY limited, but I'm happy that they included it.

I hope and pray that there will be no time-traveling or deep realm kids in the next entry. Can't we just focus on a smaller cast for once, like Path of Radiance size? =/

I say this because going gay for Niles makes you miss two paralogues; it's detrimental, gameplay-wise. That's why I don't want to have a second generation anymore.

Edited by Leif

I honestly can't take people who use the term "SJW" seriously. Or the word "pander" which people only seem to apply when someone other than themselves gets something. A NoA representative is more proof than no one saying it was made to appeal to yaoi and Yuri fans.

If you say so.

It's clear that they did this because of previous criticism from TL and Awakening, a lot of which was from LGBT people.

NoJ is a Japanese company that's been going strong. I assure you, they don't really care that much what some uppity Yankees say about how they design their games beyond dealing with localization.

Or it was because LGBT people wanted to play as themselves..?

Not every game is going to be designed for everybody. Especially for games from a nation that doesn't have sex identity politics like America does.

FE was always animu, and it was redesigned to have more broad appeal period, not specifically for the "animu" crowd which actually doesn't consist of that many people.

Oh please. From the character designs to character ''quirks'' to the waifuing, it's transparent that Awakening was trying to draw in more of the current animu crowd. Fates continued that. And the animu crowd is big enough to keep up the anime industry even if anime is niche at large (but then again, so are video games).

This is why they added a casual mode and promoted a demo for Awakening.

And that's all?

Same sex marriage in this game was obviously added to make the game more inclusive

If by ''inclusive'' you mean ''draw in those who are into girl-on-girl and boy-on-boy'', then sure.

I don't really have an opinion on them because they don't concern me, but I do think it is a bit odd that they didn't pick Soleil as the female option.

It's not so odd when you consider that Soleil is Fire Emblem' version of a Class S girl. To keep it shorter, it's a habit in Japanese pop culture of girls hugging around with other girls until they either stay with women or move to men. Edited by Alazen

i want my pineapple ;^;

You mean the Dragon age II approach where every character is Bi when it comes to Hawk? I don't think that is the way to go. It was actually criticized and ridiculed a fair bit when the game came out.

I'm all for expanding on the same sex pairings to some extend but it would be odd if you're entire army or even the half of it was Bi.

Niles: Actual decent character. Don't like him too much because of what he does to Nina but that's more personal opinion than his character is terrible.

Rhajat: Shitty Tharja clone who's F!Corrin support was made even shittier in localization. I hate her and now pretty much all I can think is "This is supposed to be my F/F option?"

Thankfully UnassumingVenasaur is amazing and I'm marrying Orochi.

I just want options that don't involve Kamui. I don't care for the self-insert stuff and the main character tends to be dull as dirt. I'd much rather be able to pair some of the other guys/girls together, like Soleil and Ophelia or Xander and Ryoma.

As for what we got, I like Niles just fine, though I prefer the pre-localized version of Rhajat.

With regards to other options for s/s supports, Soleil is a blindingly obvious choice who really should have been a female option. As for another male one, I think people will just say whoever their personal preference is. Personally I find Silas bland, and would much rather have had Keaton or Hinata. I don't think either of them fit better than anybody else, just my tastes.

I just want options that don't involve Kamui. I don't care for the self-insert stuff and the main character tends to be dull as dirt. I'd much rather be able to pair some of the other guys/girls together, like Soleil and Ophelia or Xander and Ryoma.

As for what we got, I like Niles just fine, though I prefer the pre-localized version of Rhajat.

With regards to other options for s/s supports, Soleil is a blindingly obvious choice who really should have been a female option. As for another male one, I think people will just say whoever their personal preference is. Personally I find Silas bland, and would much rather have had Keaton or Hinata. I don't think either of them fit better than anybody else, just my tastes.

Bruh, you don't know how much I've been fantasizing about my Nles/Arthur and Leo/Takumi S-rank.

Why does everybody have to like Kamui? Why can't they like each other? The world is indeed cruel.

I am summoned by the sound of Ryoumarx

but yeah. I agree with this a lot. I don't really give two fucks about Kamui--They should still have a few more options, but I feel the gay/bi characters shouldn't cater exclusively to Kamui. Make them love each other! There's fair number of m/m and f/f pairs that have a lot of good and even shippy chemistry in their C-A---far more than some of those C-S supports, why not capitalize on at least some of those?

I'd be very happy for them to include more gay romance options, as long as they don't do the DA2/Bethesda thing and make everyone bisexual (I hate it when Devs do that).

If you ask me, the best thing to do would be to have a total of 8 same sex characters in the game; 2 male and 2 female bisexuals, 2 male and 2 female homosexuals (plus the Avatar).

Niles: Actual decent character. Don't like him too much because of what he does to Nina but that's more personal opinion than his character is terrible.

Rhajat: Shitty Tharja clone who's F!Corrin support was made even shittier in localization. I hate her and now pretty much all I can think is "This is supposed to be my F/F option?"

Thankfully UnassumingVenasaur is amazing and I'm marrying Orochi.

u wot

omfg dish about unassumingvenasaur i must know!!!

oboro marriage? :C

The whole samesex stuff is just stupid imo. They should just leave the characters the way they are M/F. I think the incest is really weird as well.

54172320.jpg

But there isn't any incest.

That first statement, though, I will not touch.

Revelation Chapter 24 says hello

I'd be very happy for them to include more gay romance options, as long as they don't do the DA2/Bethesda thing and make everyone bisexual (I hate it when Devs do that).

If you ask me, the best thing to do would be to have a total of 8 same sex characters in the game; 2 male and 2 female bisexuals, 2 male and 2 female homosexuals (plus the Avatar).

I will note that the idea that everyone in the army (even of just one sex) is willing to marry the avatar is already at least as ridiculous as everyone being bi, as far as this sort of relationship pandering goes... but I agree with your conclusion anyway. A small number of homosexual and bisexual characters feels realistic and the way to go.

I'd love it if we got a few more same-sex pairings next time out, and certainly not just ones involving the avatar. FE still has a ways to go in this regard but it's nice to see them catching up.

While I have no particularattachment to the kids, I don't think they need prevent gay marriage from becoming a thing, should FE choose to continue having children in future FEs. Surrogate mothers and sperm donors do exist! And about the only thing passed down which has to be genetic is manakete/beastperson/etc. blood... which as long as you assume the manakete parent is the biological parent, isn't a problem. Everything else which gets passed down (stats, skills) could just as easily be nurture as nature, and I'd argue makes more sense as the former, in fact. This is far, far less mental gymnastics than the mechanics needed for the kids to fight alongside their parents in the first place.

The whole samesex stuff is just stupid imo. They should just leave the characters the way they are M/F. I think the incest is really weird as well.

The whole heterosexual stuff is just stupid imo. They should just make the characters all F/F or M/M

Oh God this just made my entire day, thank you!

now oboro can be my real waifu

If you need any help getting the hack to work you can Pm me ^u^

If you need any help getting the hack to work you can Pm me ^u^

Okay.

it has flora x leo and scarlet x ryouma my FANFIC CAN BE REAAAAAAAAL

Well these are loaded statements.