Recruiting Player's units

tofuproductionz

I currently have Birthright and I'm trying to recruit other people's units in their castle. I want the Nohr siblings. I've beaten other castles from Nohr games using no handicaps and in my castle, but I still can't recruit units. I also seized their castle as well.

After beating them, I get the message "Would you like to add a character to your log book" and that's it. I've heard it should say "would you like to recruit?" Am I doing something wrong? And what should I do to get the Nohr siblings recruited in my game?

You can't win in their castle using handicaps. Hence the bonus that is mentioned beforehand. After winning you have the choice to recruit a character as a Einherjar or buy a skill for a reasonable price.

So I have to beat them in their castle with no handicaps? I don't usually use handicaps when I fight in my castle. I rarely fight in other people's castles.

I just got my first bond unit. It resembled the other players avatar, but with the tatto on his face. His starting class was my (or the other one's) secondary, mercenary. I'm not sure since the third accesible class was samurai, so I don't know if it was because of being both classes the same, thus giving the alternative, or it was the other player's own alternative class. His personal skill wasn't a lucky one: Magic+2. Not very useful on a physical class.