Are these characters good?

thejayeagle

When I play fire emblem, I like to take things nice and slowly and I dont always use all of my movement (so that is not a factor here) I never use prepromotes so please dont say "neither, use *insert premote here*"

Is Wallace any good?

Is Canas any good?

Is Oswin any good? is he better or worse than Wallace?

Serra or Pricilla.

Is Nino any good?

Which pegasus sister is the best and if there is no best, please tell me the pros and cons of each one.

Kent or Lowen. (I already know Sain is the best, so i'm only comparing these 2)

Will or Rebecca. please tell me the pros and cons of each. and i dont care about the no upclose attacking so please dont say neither.

Dart or Bartre (i already know Dorcas is inferior)

Guy or Raven (please give me pros and cons)

Wallace can be good if you train him, but he'll take a lot of work to even recruit.

Oswin is great, better than Wallace.

Canas is also good.

Priscilla.

Nino can be good but takes a LOT of effort to train, you WILL have to baby her.

All three Pegasus sisters are good. Florina has the earliest join time but is a bit more frail, Fiora is sturdier but slower, and Farina joins pretty late in the game.

Kent.

Rebecca is faster, Wil is stronger. Take your pick.

Bartre.

Raven, easier to train and less frail.

For what it's worth, the only time you'll have Wallace not as a General is if you play Lyn Hard Mode. Otherwise, he autopromotes, or joins as a promoted unit

When I play fire emblem, I like to take things nice and slowly and I dont always use all of my movement (so that is not a factor here) I never use prepromotes so please dont say "neither, use *insert premote here*"

Is Wallace any good?

Is Canas any good?

Serra or Pricilla.

Is Nino any good?

Which pegasus sister is the best and if there is no best, please tell me the pros and cons of each one.

Will or Rebecca. please tell me the pros and cons of each. and i dont care about the no upclose attacking so please dont say neither.

No (also, Wallace might not even be recruitable depending on what you do with your lords)

He is the only dark magic user you get in the entire game, other than a certain someone I ain't at liberty to mention because spoilers

Yes and yes

Priscilla has a horse, Serra has Lyn mode and joins earlier

No

The user above went into detail on them all, but Farina is only available on Hector route

Kent

Rebecca

Neither (Dart requires a one-of-a-kind item to promote and his accuracy stinks by FE7 standards, whereas Bartre isn't much better than Dorcas)

Guy gets a crit bonus, Raven gets axes (I'd take the latter, personally)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Wallace is dependent on how much you train your lords and will be promoted in Lyn Normal.

There are a lot of powerful Anima users late in the game, so Canas is definitely helpful.

Oswin is objectively better, especially if you want to level your lords a lot.

Depends on if your strategy is Light dependent or Anima dependent.

Nino can be helpful, but needs babying.

All of them are good.

Lowen for balance, Kent for speed.

Wil is better for tanking and damage, Rebecca better at dodging.

I have a bias for Berserkers and Pirates, so Dart (note: Dart requires an Ocean Seal to promote, with it's location randomized in a section of desert in Ch.22E/23H.

Raven fits my playstyle better.

Is Wallace any good?

Is Canas any good?

Serra or Pricilla.

Is Nino any good?

Wallace is bad.

Canas is good.

Oswin is one of the best armor Knights in the series.

Priscilla is better than Serra.

Nino is one of the worst units in the game. She joins about 5 chapters before Endgame with awful stats.

I'd say Florina is the best for her join time.

Lowen isn't very good, Kent.

Wil and Rebecca are both terrible units in general, Wil if you absolutely must use one.

Bartre is better, promoting Dart is a waste.

Guy is good or bad depending on his Strength, Raven's bases make him one of the best units in HHM.

It is dependent on your playstyle, whether you like to use powerful characters or characters whose personalities you like, and the every volatile RNG goddess. But here is my two cents.

Is Wallace any good?

Never used him. The fact that he is a prepromote unless you do Lyn's hard mode is a downside.

Is Canas any good?

He will be your only dark magic user, so he definitely has his uses there. A little slow for my tastes as I like my mages fast and dodgy, but I know several people who swear by him.

Oswin is fantastic and I definitely recommend using him. By the end of the game most regular enemy attacks just plink off of him.

Serra or Pricilla.

By the time Pricilla joins you can already have a whole lot of investment put into Serra, making her the far easier unit to promote. Pricilla's higher mobility is nice, but if you don't see yourself playing with other high mobility units then there really isn't any reason not to use Serra. Plus her supports with Erk are hilarious.

Is Nino any good?

Yes, with effort put in. She is powerful, but at that point in the game you will already have mages with a lot more experience. If you aren't careful everything will kill Nino, since she comes in at such a low level. But she is a sweetheart and her supports with Jaffar are great!

I have only ever used Florina because by the time the other sisters join I have put a great deal of effort into training her up and I almost always have better units to field than untrained pegasus knights.

Kent. I tried using Lowen once, it didn't work out. His level ups were meh and he was very quickly outclassed by Kent.

I've had better luck with Rebecca because her speed growths have been more consistent. Will has a higher strength growth I believe, but I prefer the ability to double attack with more regularity.

Never used either, I dislike fighters as a general rule and have a personal vendetta towards FE pirates.

Both are good. Raven is a typical merc, strong, reasonably tanky and fast. I don't typically add new units to my fighting roster later in game but I try to make an exception for Raven. He may be the more useful of the two, but I genuinely like Guy better. You don't need to be tanky if nothing can hit you and swordmaster critical rates are fantastic. Support him up with Matthew and nothing will touch either of them. Park him on top of a hill in a defensive line and he will hold that line as well as any general.

I know you've gotten your answers. I'm just bored.

Is Wallace any good?

Nah. Not only does he require you to keep your Lords at lower levels, he also doesn't really add a whole lot to your team. He's also a pain to recruit if you didn't level Kent/Sain. In Lyn easy mode he's useful though.

Is Canas any good?

Yes. The Dragonslayer himself.

Much better than Wallace. Better growths, comes at a useful stage with solid stats and a good level.

Serra or Pricilla.

Pricilla is usually the better pick, if only for the fact that her mount allows her to keep up with the frontline. Other than that, her superior bases is also good.

Is Nino any good?

Nah, not really. Requires a lot of babysitting, and by the time you get her your squad is well-equipped to deal with the remaining chapters. Basically, she's an OP unit once trained, but the FE7 endgame is easy enough that you don't need that brokeness...

Florina is faster, Fiora is sturdier, Farina has a better con. I prefer Fiora, personally.

Kent.

I usually pick Will, because levelling Rebecca is a pain. She doesn't double anything at the start, and her damage is also laughably weak. Will doesn't double anything either, but he actually has some hurt to dish out.

I prefer Bartre.

I prefer Raven. In fact, I've never actually gotten a Guy beyond level 9 in any of my millions of runs. I just dislike him.

Is Wallace any good?

No

Is Canas any good?

He's alright

Pretty decent, definitely beats Wallace

Serra or Pricilla.

Priscilla

Is Nino any good?

No

Farina if hard mode, if not either Florina or Fiora would work

Kent

Probably Wil, but I would say neither because there are better bow users, like Rath or Geitz

Hawkeye, also Geitz

Guy has a small availability lead but Raven has better everything else, Raven wins