What was your first Fire Emblem game?

DarkDestr0yer61

422 members have voted

1. 1. What is the first Fire Emblem game that you have played?

• FE 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    • FE 2: Gaiden
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 1)
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 2)
    • FE 4: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • FE 5: Thracia 776
    • FE 6: Binding Blade
    • FE 7: Blazing Sword
    • FE 8: Sacred Stones
    • FE 9: Path of Radiance
    • FE 10: Radiant Dawn
    • FE 11: Shadow Dragon
    • FE 12: Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • FE 13: Awakening
    • FE 14: Fates Birthright
    • FE 14: Fates Conquest
    • FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)

I came into the series from Shadow Dragon! I loved Melee when I was a kid and Marth was my favorite character in that game. I was sad to hear that Fire Emblem was a japan only game..... I never knew that 2 of the gba titles got localized till long after Brawl game out. When Brawl came out, I was shocked to hear that Ike can speak english and that he had his game released in the US. It wasn't long after that I spotted Shadow Dragon at Walmart and decided to buy that game immediately. I absolutely loved that game and when I was doing some research, I learned that FE 12 got released in japan..... only for it not to localized in the US. I did eventually play it and I absolutely loved both of those games. I went on to play Awakening and then some of the older titles only to notice some flaws regarding Shadow Dragon. Shadow Dragon may not be my favorite game in the series, but it still has a special place in my heart and I still love playing it today despite its flaws.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Melee and wondered who Marth and Roy were, I read their trophies and later learned on vacation in Texas that Fire Emblem, better known here as Blazing Sword or FE7, was there at Gamestop, I got the game and fell in love with the series, all the characters and everything.

So I'd later play FE8 and FE6, FE9 and FE10 I got on their opening days, same with 11, and of course Fates, but the other games I'd play through various means, so I'm what you'd call a veteran, considering I've played near the entire series now.

Love every game too.

I also started with Shadow Dragon, but it wasn't until I played Awakening that I was convinced to try to play the other series. Being introduced to emulation via a desire to play New Mystery didn't hurt either. Now I've played almost every game- Birthright and Revelations being the ones I haven't- and have enjoyed almost every single moment of it all. I love the series to death.

I found FE10 for a very low price by absolute accident. Only came to this game by the appearance of Ike in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

It introduced me into this great series... and it became my absolute favorite videogame of all time until now.

No single part after that could ever reach FE10's gameplay quality.

FE6 was my first time playing an FE game, kind of strange when I think about it. I didn't even know there was a tutorial in the menu, kind of learned as I went along by playing the first chapter.

After that, I played (and fully completed) FE7, FE13, FE4, FE8 in that order. In between though, I've played most of FE5, FE9, FE11, FE12. I've completed a few chapters of FE3, FE10, and I have yet to play Fates when I do eventually get around to buying it. Also have yet to play Gaiden which is something I've been meaning to do.

FE is special to me in that it's the only franchise I've gotten so engrossed in, that I came upon by my own curiosity, rather than someone recommending it to me.

Edited by DragonLord

I played Shining Force 2 back in the day (and honestly I love that game just as much as I do Fire Emblem). And I found out that Nintendo had it's own strategy rpg series .. and started playing around with FE4.

This friend of mine was a Fire Emblem fan long before me, he had the GBA games and talked about them a lot.

One day I'm in a Gamestop and I see Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon on a shelf, and I'm like "hey it's that game" and Marth just happened to be my Brawl main too and the rest is history I suppose.

My first TRUE (as in first owned played more than just the prologue) Fire Emblem was FE.

In fact I wandered through the prologue of Shadow Dragon. I digged info about FE thanks to Ike. I wasn't the one handling my money yet, so I couldn't buy any FE games. But I was given the chance to try a bit of SD. However, I disliked the interface/animations/design... And I couldn't ge't past the prologue (... I didn't understood how the mechanics worked at the time, no one showed me..... Not to mention my sillyness) I might certainly not remember correctly, but the enemy crit'd me or destroyed Marth in a few turns or something like this and I somehow didn't know how to heal... So I tried to reset, same thing happened so I quit. (Don't laugh...)

Thanks to the Ambassador Program, I could actually try it again with FE8 a long time later then, and got hooked.

I played Advanced War, I loved Advanced Wars and I wanted more so though Melee I learned about Fire Emblem, I then picked up FE 7 soon after release and Loved that game so deeply I have been a day 1 owner of every American released fire emblem since then (expect shadow dragon which came out during my DS emulation phase so I never physically bought it...).

Edited by Locke087

Found a copy of PoR in a local GameStop after reading about the game after getting into playing Ike in Brawl. I freaking loved it and Ike and then got RD and loved Ike even more as well as the game. That's all. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I'm probably a bit of an oddball. I think I saw Marth in Smash and then decided to try the first game in the series. I skipped over 1 and 2 because they didn't have translations so I jumped straight to 3!

Like many people, I first heard about the Fire Emblem series through Super Smash Bros. Melee when I unlocked Marth and Roy. I found out that their games were only released in Japan and frowned in disappointment, thinking I'd never experience the series. After that, I never knew an FE game had been released internationally until I saw Ike in Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I never once saw a commercial for any internationally released FE game, I never once saw them in stores, I never once heard about them from any friends. When I found out that it had started getting international releases, I gradually tracked them down, and the first one I got was Shadow Dragon. I found it at Walmart for ten dollars. I fell in love with it and the rest of the series.

The first time I heard about Fire Emblem was a long time ago, a bit after FE7 was released in the west. A friend of mine got it and we'd argue about which one was better, it or FFTA, which I had. I'd be the one defending FFTA without even trying FE7, and in the end I managed to convince this friend of mine that FFTA was better. Then, back in 2012 or so, I started lurking video game forums, Neogaf in particular. There I read about how the newest Fire Emblem game that had just been released on Japan was amazing and all of the Awakening hype talk. Then in February 2013 I was kind of bored, thinking of a game to play and decided to buy it.

Since then, I've spent a lot of time with Fire Emblem and played almost all of them. Funniest thing is that nowadays Fire Emblem 7 is my favorite game overall, and I've beaten it more times than I can even count (probably up in the 50s). It's definitely better than FFTA!

Edited by Nobody

I first found out about FE when I was looking for a turn-based strategy RPG for the GBA similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. Started with Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones and fell in love with the series almost immediately.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I once bought this SNES emulator CD , which I didn't even know was an emulator at that time , when I was used to be a little kid. Apparently there was FE3 and 4 present in the pile of other ROMs that emulator offered , so I kind of got hooked for a short period (also played them untranslated , because I didn't know what patches were at the time lol). Just last year did I actually become a fan of the game that I check the latest news and discover more about this franchise.

I turned to fire emblem when I saw how strong Ike was in smash bros. brawl. Not knowing what fire emblem was, I decided to buy radiant dawn for the wii and try my hand at managing an army. I thought it was cool. Until I found out I had bought a strategy game. 15 year old me: WTH? I failed at FE 10 and decided to get Shadow dragon. I thought it would not be a strategy game like radiant dawn. My stupidity had no boundaries.

Anyway, after failing Shadow dragon, rage-quitting Radiant dawn, and beating both after a 2 month break, I realized how much I loved the game play. I was ecstatic when I learned that there was more to the series. Then I bought #13 (I don't love that one, but It's still a good game) then had my fair share of being a fire emblem fan. So far, I've played 6-13 not beaten 9, but there's no rush.

(Copy/paste from my introduction)

EDIT: I've also beaten FE's 1 (in Japs) and 2 (Best FE game, hands down) and am in the middle of FE 4

Edited by Lord Tullus