What was your first Fire Emblem game?

DarkDestr0yer61

422 members have voted

1. 1. What is the first Fire Emblem game that you have played?

• FE 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    • FE 2: Gaiden
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 1)
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 2)
    • FE 4: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • FE 5: Thracia 776
    • FE 6: Binding Blade
    • FE 7: Blazing Sword
    • FE 8: Sacred Stones
    • FE 9: Path of Radiance
    • FE 10: Radiant Dawn
    • FE 11: Shadow Dragon
    • FE 12: Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • FE 13: Awakening
    • FE 14: Fates Birthright
    • FE 14: Fates Conquest
    • FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)

I remember playing Sacred Stones on a GB in Walmart back when they still had those. I got everyone but Eirika and Seth killed. Obviously. My parents bought it for me eventually, after that I just bought any I came across. FE8>FE9>FE10>FE7>FE11>FE13 and finally Conquest.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing about the series in a JWittz video, talking about Fire Emblem: Awakening where you can marry any character in the game that's the opposite gender of your avatar. I decided to check out the series with by emulating Sacred Stones, but only played the first few chapters. Then I played the game Blazing Sword, and fell in love with the series. Still, I'll put in SS because I actually played that one first.

Found out about FE via Super Smash Brothers Melee, and was interested in the characters of FE (Roy was my favorite in that game). Also, I had Nintendo Power and Electronic Gaming Monthly back then (showing my age) and they previewed and reviewed FE7, so I got even more interested in the series. Eventually, I picked up the game used from GameStop, and loved the series to death ever since. I never did play RD and the remakes of FE though, which I regret a bit.

I selected Path of Radiance as my first because it was the one I walked into Gamestop for and bought with my own money way back when, then proceeded to play and wholeheartedly enjoy. However, thinking back on it, I did play a bit of Blazing Sword because my cousin had it in his home and never played it, so I took a look at it. It completely failed to catch my interest, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't even thinking of that game when I purchased PoR.

Regardless, from there I went on to buy Radiant Dawn and Awakening when they came out (don't know why I skipped Shadow Dragon, but I can live with that), and since senior year of high school and into college, I've been emulating the SNES and GBA games, where I fell in love with Sacred Stones and entered a long-term abusive relationship with Genealogy and Thracia.

10 years ago, had a friend on the internet back in my chatroom days who'd go on and on about Fire Emblem being her favorite game series of all time. I scoffed at it back then, thinking it was some lame DnD-esque game. Upon her urging and a bit of curiosity on my part, I relented and casually added it to my Christmas wish list along with Resident Evil 4. My uncle shows up with both. It was amazing in every way. If it wasn't for FE7's story, which is still the best in the series, Path of Radiance may have even become my favorite FE game. But alas, it now ranks behind Shadow Dragon as a worthy third.

Edited by Inference

Like most my first contact was with Smash Bros. But that actually didn't spark my interest at all.
Then when I found out about the Ambassador programm I looked what games were available.
Since Sacred Stones was there and I was actually interested in Awakening's ads I thought "Why not give this series a try?".

Radiant Dawn is definitely a favorite of mine. It was what introduced me to the series, and I think the story is one of the best I have played through. There are very few things I dont like about the game, that being the support system, the higher difficulties needlessly removing features, and the lack of endings for some characters like Gatrie.

I will say Fates is a close second. I loved all the characters, the gameplay is probably one of the absolute best in the series, and I really like My Castle. I like the support system, I personally enjoyed the my room interaction even if it was limited, and I like the online aspect being more refined than in the past, though it still needs some work. Out of the three paths I would likely say Revelations was my favorite just from being able to combine the two forces together, and having a mix of conquest and birthright in terms of difficulty and the ability to grind. I thought the maps had some interesting ideas that made them both difficult and enjoyable, though I do think Conquest had the better maps in terms of difficulty.

Sacred Stones. I remember it so clearly. I spend hours on the level trying to get Joshua. He was a cheeky SOB. But I finally managed to get him. Then he died against the demon king.

Wow! According to my poll, atleast someone has started with a different FE game in the series, minus Revelation. It is interesting that there are people who started with Gaiden and Holy War. 2 games that were not only not released outside of Japan, but are the 2 games that play differently than the rest of the series. (Gaiden more so than Holy War)

My first FE game was Awakening. I had been playing SB Brawl and later saw a Fire Emblem game in the Nintendo E Shop, and decided to play the demo. I fell in love with it immediately afterwards and bought the game.Now I have played Awakening, Fates (Conquest) and am currently playing Fates (Birthright). I am nowhere NEAR a FE veteran, but I am most certainly a huge fan of the series.

I technically played an emulated FE7 first when I was on an emulator binge at my grandparents, but Awakening was the first in the series I legitimately owned and played so I voted it. That said, FE7 and 13 will always hold a special place in my heart for being awesome games even if I doubt I will ever go back to 13 due to how superior 14 is.

A friend of mine was playing FE7 soon after it came out stateside and he lent it to me for a few weeks. Needless to say, it both got me into the series, and honestly helped me into the field of turn-based strategy games.

Fire Emblem 7 was my first... I think I actually got it around 2003 or early 2004, since I clearly remember seeing promotional materials for the then-upcoming Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance after having already been into Fire Emblem for a while.

I really loved FE7, though; the story and characters enchanted me, and the gameplay was totally unique compared to anything I'd played before.

Like many people, I was introduced to the characters through Marth and Roy in Super Smash Bros., except that, while I did think Eliwood was Roy at first, I actually thought the tactician was Marth; I guess I thought "Mark" was a mistranslation of "Marth"... somehow.

Since then, I've played almost every Fire Emblem game in the series (although not all of them to completion), and I've loved almost all of them!

Well, you're really asking two questions there...

The first takes me back to when I actually enjoyed playing Ike in Brawl. I had read that Ike's games were in English, so I decided to find a playthrough online of a Fire Emblem game... and lo and behold, a favourite LPer of mine had done Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn- so I learned Tellius mythology.

Surprisingly recently, I was rewatching the Runaway Guys playthrough of Brawl, and was laughing derisively at the fact that Proton Jon didn't know much about the character of Ike, despite him being his Brawl main. I quickly realised that my Smash 4 main was Roy, and I hadn't branched out from Tellius yet. Luckily, Slim was also starting Sacred Stones around this time, so I started burrowing around. I eventually found playthroughs of every main game apart of Fates to familiarise myself with the games. Oddly, I learned Marth's story from FE1 and FE12.

The second question, the one you're really asking, is the first Fire Emblem I personally played. When I was younger, my step-father frequently procured what I now assume were pirated DS games on R4 cards. Me and my brothers used cheats, so I dipped my nose in Shadow Dragon with cheats to trivialise levels and gold... but still somehow turned up poorly, as well as getting cold feet when I learned about the killing guys to unlock stuff thing.

However, recently someone had pointed out that it was weird I was an FE encyclopedia with no real experience, so I resolved to get an FE once I knew how much money the Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC needed. Now that that's done, I'm on my way to finishing my first Fire Emblem game, Blazing Sword.

...So sorry for carrying on...

Mine's a fun story:

I was first introduced to the Fire Emblem series through Super Smash Bros. Looked into the series a bit and learned about its difficulty and permanent death feature, which initially scared me off.

Years later, an awesome trailer came out revealing Lucina and Robin as playable characters in Smash 4. I took a strong interest in these characters, particularly Robin who is now one of my mains in Smash.

Months later I FINALLY bought a 3DS... along with A Link Between Worlds. I love the game, but I ended up beating it twice in two weeks. "I need another 3DS game," I thought, "how about Awakening?"

Did some research about the game mechanics (Casual mode was a much needed relief then), went to GameStop, and bought a gently used copy. Been hooked ever since.

Now I'm currently doing the Revelation route in Fates, with Birthright and Conquest beaten. I also downloaded other Fire Emblem games via emulation, but I have yet to really play them.

Edited by Fastesthe1

Pretty long story! My first encounter was probably back in 2005-6-ish, when I plyed a bit of Melee at my cousin's house. I played Kirby and Luigi. I sucked. My only opinion on the FE characters at the time was "who the heck are these guys." Then I went home, and didn't touch a Smash game for years.

About four to five years ago, my friend revealed to me that she owned a copy of Brawl. Absolutely delighted at the fact that I felt like I've rediscovered part of my childhood, we played every time I went over to her house. Now, I initially mained Meta Knight, but she mained Marth, and ater a while, I shifted to Pit- Then finally shifted to Marth after realising that I was, indeed, best with the japanese sword guy. About a year later, I looked into FE as a whole, saw that Awakening was a Thing that Existed, but sadly, I didn't own a 3DS because handhelds were apparently bad for my already not great eyes. I did, however, own a Wii, but at that time, I wasn't aware of RD's existence.

Then my pal got Awakening. I played on an empty save occasionally, so Awakening indirectly counts as my first FE, but I din't get too invested yet. Then, two years ago, my father went on a trip to the US. I asked him if he could get RD or PoR for me. Ater what apparently was a massive ordeal that I didn't know would happen, my dad managed to fish out a used copy at GameStop for sixty bucks.

I was absolutely delighted. The game was love at first sight. Even though I died a lot and had to reset every second level.

That aside, I really don't think Radiant Dawn is a good place to start out at. I had to give up on my first run because I screwed up on leveling everybody decently during part one big-time. To the point the DB would've gotted decimated by the GM once those chapters rolled around.

When I finally figured out how to play FE properly, though, I got overly attached pretty quickly. Now I'm neck-deep in heck and can't get out.

Edited by lughnasadh

I joined the series at Blazing Sword, so that game holds special meaning to me, on top of it being a very good game.

I do like the changes in Awakening and Fates, but I feel like there is way to much pressure to make the most and get the best units, levels and skills i.e. to get a unit with the skills you want you have to be very economical. With the classic FE games its a lot easier to just go along with campaign, and decisions who to train wasnt that hard.

Just wondering, looking at the poll what wrong with Fates Revelations?

FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)
, out of birthright, conquest and revelation I think I liked revelation the most

I joined the series at Blazing Sword, so that game holds special meaning to me, on top of it being a very good game.

I do like the changes in Awakening and Fates, but I feel like there is way to much pressure to make the most and get the best units, levels and skills i.e. to get a unit with the skills you want you have to be very economical. With the classic FE games its a lot easier to just go along with campaign, and decisions who to train wasnt that hard.

Just wondering, looking at the poll what wrong with Fates Revelations?

FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)[/size]
, out of birthright, conquest and revelation I think I liked revelation the most

the game literally tells you to play the other two first

Edited by maybe