What was your first Fire Emblem game?

DarkDestr0yer61

422 members have voted

1. 1. What is the first Fire Emblem game that you have played?

• FE 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    • FE 2: Gaiden
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 1)
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 2)
    • FE 4: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • FE 5: Thracia 776
    • FE 6: Binding Blade
    • FE 7: Blazing Sword
    • FE 8: Sacred Stones
    • FE 9: Path of Radiance
    • FE 10: Radiant Dawn
    • FE 11: Shadow Dragon
    • FE 12: Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • FE 13: Awakening
    • FE 14: Fates Birthright
    • FE 14: Fates Conquest
    • FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)

Blazing Sword! My buddy was trying to get me to check it out and I was initially reluctant because I was intimidated by all of the "anime". It seems more than a little silly in retrospect, but I was only fifteen at the time.

That was nearly half of my life ago. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been meaning to begin playing Fire Emblem as early as Path of Radiance..and that was after Super Smash Bros. Brawl's North American release.

The game (as well as the series as a whole, sans Brawl) kinda fell off my radar until about 2014, after Robin and Lucina were revealed for Super Smash Bros. 4 lol. I downloaded the demo for Awakening while on vacation, and..I pretty much fell in love with it. XD (I almost wish I asked for that game that Christmas..oh well!)

Fast-forward to October 2015, and I'm lookin' for a game on the eShop with the $40 I just got. Need I mention which game I picked up?

I'm as new as newbies get. The whole reason I'm into this series is just bescause I liked the character customization... Seriously... I'm planning on getting Awakening once i get a new 3DS, then probably some fates DLC.

While my interest in FE peaked after playing FE: Awakening's demo (thanks to SSB4), I'd have to give my hats to Sacred Stones - my sister got herself a 3DS prior to the price drop in 2011, and via the Ambassador Program we snagged what was - in my eyes - a great FE GBA game.

Just a shame it took me FOUR GOD FORSAKEN years to give it notice... :KnollRoll:

Blazing Sword, thankfully. To this day, I think it's the better balanced game in the franchise in terms of all units being usable and not so strong that they can solo the game. This, cupled with the absence of skills, reclassing, branching promotions and trainees/3rd tiers, makes it the best game to start with in my opinion.

I'm really of a newbie to FE and actually, I've never heard of the series until the worldwide release of Fates this year. The graphics of that game caught me then later on I searched more about the series then started playing with FE7 the Blazing Sword. It was a great srpg, balanced and challenging, what can I say more..

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I have quite a history with Fire Emblem, ever since I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl for my 10th Christmas, in 2011 (I'm not much of a competetive Smash player, I'm more casual).

Anyway...

I saw Ike, and learned he was from a franchise I had never even heard of, called "Fire Emblem". I didn't mind it too much, and kept playing the game. As I was unlocking characters thanks to a guide, I saw the first 2 I could easily unlock-- Ness and Marth. 10-year-old me didn't know the names of either. I eventually found out Ness is from the Mother series alongside Lucas, and then I unlocked Marth. Little would you know, Marth would become my Brawl main alongside Samus. As I dedicated myself to git gud as Marth, I saw he was also from Fire Emblem. I thought, "Wow, awesome sword guys from this game?"

Then after a few days, I looked up "Fire Emblem Online Free" on Google, and I found a browser-installed version of Fire Emblem Gaiden. I decided to download an NES Emulator (I played a lot of browser games, and I knew they pretty much never save data) and a ROM of Fire Emblem Gaiden. It was here I learned how to patch ROMs. Once I patched Gaiden, I began playing it. I did two playthroughs of it and loved the hell out of it.

However, I continued playing Brawl once I finished those playthroughs and eventually forgot about Fire Emblem games in spite of playing as Marth almost all the time (I don't know how I did it either). One and a half years later, April of 2013, I was with my dad shopping for a camera at Target. I then notice Fire Emblem: Awakening on the store shelves. I ask for it for my birthday, and I receive it. I played the living hell out of it, to the point where I would go out of my way to play every other FE in existance (Except I couldn't get Shadow Dragon or Heroes of Light and Shadow... rip).

Once I was done, I sold all the physical copies of some of the games I owned (Sacred Stones, PoR, RD) because I just preferred the ones I had, and I needed money to buy something. So, that left me with Gaiden, Shadow Dragon NES, Mystery of the Emblem, Blazing Sword, and Binding Blade on emulators, with my only physical copy being Awakening.

On Easter of 2016, I purchased Fire Emblem: Fates ~ Birthright off of the Nintendo E-Shop. I eventually beat the main two paths, and then I joined SerenesForest on June 1st, 2016, and met a lot of great people and made great friends in such short time. Later, I got Revelation on my birthday of 2016 (And I've yet to beat it... demands a lot of grinding.).

So, that's my history with Fire Emblem. Sorry for the ridiculously long post...

• 1 month later...

FE7. For summer vacation my parents would always let my brother and me get 1 handheld game each. In 2004 I found Fire Emblem on a shelf and went with it because it had those guys with swords from Melee. The series has consumed me ever since.

FE6. When playing Smash Bros melee I just looked up Fire Emblem and played the newest game despite it being Japanese.

You were hardcore from the very beginning! Edited by Florete

Blazing Sword. I picked it up for GBA back when it was first released because I liked the look of the front cover and haven't looked back since. I've played every official English translated FE game since then. This includes Path of Radiance, despite not owning a Gamecube. I bought a Gamecube memory card and controller, and played it on the Wii.