Online Ranked Battle System

GageLax

Hey, everyone! While playing the fates online battle feature, I have been a little disappointed. There is no real organization. There are people running a muck just using the blue shield units that they get from the my castle feature, little balance or match-making based off of power or in-game chapter progression, and no real reward.

I have an idea. What if, as a community, we came together somehow and made sort of a ranked battle system? We would have a set of rules, i.e., no blue shield units, such and such is skilled is deemed OP and is banned, a match-making system where two players add each other then battle, the winner moving up the ladder and the loser moving down.

I have no idea how to make this or how any sort of development of this would work at all, but I think it would be very fun and awesome to put together a set of rules and develop a meta for online battles to make them more fun, organized, and neat.

I apologize if something like this has already been posted on the thread; I didn't see anything else like this while browsing. Please let me know if this has already been discussed.

Thank you everyone, and I hope to know back your thoughts on this!

Guten Tag,

i realy like your idea. But to make such a ranked system (or league type format) you need a ruleset everyone commits to.

I dunno, I don't really see the multiplayer aspect lending itself to competitive play. 5 on 5 doesn't really give you much room to work with the strategy aspect and even then luck will play a huge part in it.

Yeah, luck IS a part, but this why would that make that a non.competetiv game? For example in pokemon the luck/hax are also real, hitting or missing, bonus effects on attacks/abilitys/items. Its just the same. But the pokemon competetiv scene is HUGE.

Also 5 on 5 keeps the turns short. A battle with 10 vs 10 would just be too long, also punish a false decision to hard. 5v5 is more forgiving, also easier to keep the view over every unit.

With a proper ruleset this can be done.

The hardest party on this will be finding the ruleset. Everyone has their own view on it. It should also be fair for everyone.

For example something like this:

- Best of 3, 3 minutes turn time.

(best of three to reduce the impact of possible hax, 3 minutes bc thats enought to move 5 units)

- Some kind of map pick system, hard to call out now.

- No "blue shild" units, no eternal seal uses, no forged Yato's or weapons of the royal familys.

(For balance, since the skill/luck + 5 mess around with the activation rates of some skills)

- Only ONE royal (including Kamui) per team, to push variaty of troops and balance. Aqua is an exeption however, because oh her lack of special weapon (as far as i know) and also to give her a special niche.

- Ban DLC-Skills "Warp" & "Galeforce". for balance reasons.

(No real counterplay, to strong snowball and unfair tactics with "Warp")

These are just my thoughts. You can tell its just early, not even released in europe, so it will be hard to determine the rules now. Regardless of that, im sure we can find enougth people to try at least, or make some kind of tornement.

We finally get the option for multiplayer online-matches. We should take it!

Guten Tag,

i realy like your idea. But to make such a ranked system (or league type format) you need a ruleset everyone commits to.

Yeah, luck IS a part, but this why would that make that a non.competetiv game? For example in pokemon the luck/hax are also real, hitting or missing, bonus effects on attacks/abilitys/items. Its just the same. But the pokemon competetiv scene is HUGE.

Also 5 on 5 keeps the turns short. A battle with 10 vs 10 would just be too long, also punish a false decision to hard. 5v5 is more forgiving, also easier to keep the view over every unit.

The hardest party on this will be finding the ruleset. Everyone has their own view on it. It should also be fair for everyone.

(best of three to reduce the impact of possible hax, 3 minutes bc thats enought to move 5 units)

- No "blue shild" units, no eternal seal uses, no forged Yato's or weapons of the royal familys.

(For balance, since the skill/luck + 5 mess around with the activation rates of some skills)

- Only ONE royal (including Kamui) per team, to push variaty of troops and balance. Aqua is an exeption however, because oh her lack of special weapon (as far as i know) and also to give her a special niche.

These are just my thoughts. You can tell its just early, not even released in europe, so it will be hard to determine the rules now. Regardless of that, im sure we can find enougth people to try at least, or make some kind of tornement.

You missed alot.

First of all you can't forge weapons like Yato or ANY weapon like that (Rajintou for exaple) cause they're only one in game, if you met forged (which i doubt) hacked.

I don't see point on benching royals in PVP, Brothers are that good only because of thier weapons anyway when two maxed teams fights they won't be much of diffrence.

About skills, Warp you cant get yet, also Warp alone isn't that good exept of Azura (singing).

Galeforce got nerfed alot, it won't proc if you're in attack or guard stance and you won't probably kill anyone with single unit so what's the point?

Really, royals after min-maxing aren't overpowered, 3'rd gen, Kanna or basically most of Kids would handle them EASLY, after min-maxing there is really no problem, you oneshot enemy or enemy oneshot you. (or more if you're general lol)

You missed alot.

First of all you can't forge weapons like Yato or ANY weapon like that (Rajintou for exaple) cause they're only one in game, if you met forged (which i doubt) hacked.

I don't see point on benching royals in PVP, Brothers are that good only because of thier weapons anyway when two maxed teams fights they won't be much of diffrence.

About skills, Warp you cant get yet, also Warp alone isn't that good exept of Azura (singing).

Galeforce got nerfed alot, it won't proc if you're in attack or guard stance and you won't probably kill anyone with single unit so what's the point?

Really, royals after min-maxing aren't overpowered, 3'rd gen, Kanna or basically most of Kids would handle them EASLY, after min-maxing there is really no problem, you oneshot enemy or enemy oneshot you. (or more if you're general lol)

Guten Tag,

I dunno, I don't really see the multiplayer aspect lending itself to competitive play. 5 on 5 doesn't really give you much room to work with the strategy aspect and even then luck will play a huge part in it.

Thank you all for responding! I appreciate the feedback. I do agree with some of the things you said, HerrWolfsklaue, but Magikarpador also has some good points.

I think what should be done is that I could make a set of beta rules of sort, and host a challonge tournament.

Here's what I'm thinking.

1. No 'Blue Shield' Units. Only use units that you yourself have obtained and trained through the game legitimately.

2. Map: Quick Prep

3. Handicap: Off

4. Eternal Seals are Banned.

5. Matches will be a best of 3.

In the actual post I think I'll go more in depth in explaining how it will work and such. Thanks guys for your help! :)

You missed alot.

Thx for the replay.

As mentiant ealier, i havent gotten my hands on a game thus far, since i am from europe. All my knolege commes from online reading. There for this are my thoughts atm.

There was a way in the japanese version to modify safe files to get things like a second Yato into your game, and the stats on +7 Omega Yato for example are just strait BS. Thats why im just for banning those things: Any forged weapon, which should only exist 1 per game, should be banned. Not the normal versions.

Yeah even if you cant get Warp yet, we know it will come soon. I wanna think for the future, not the present. Wanna make a list that works even after the dlc's. And Warp is, i hope you can agree, not realy balanced and combined with rescue staffs and those things pretty much lets you attack without any giving the enemy a chance to strike back.

I didnt know the kids are as good as in awekening, wasnt focussing on them. Tbh i didnt care much about them, just bc they not look very interessting to me.

Yeah galeforce got nerfed, but its still very strong. Its also DLC exclusiv. In order to have as much players as possible on board we should try not to use DLC-thingys. Not everyone has acces to them.

Lastly I like to hear things from people like you, who seem to have real knowlage about the game, not just 3th party information like me. I would love to see your idea's about that topic if you are interested in it.

Thx for the replay.

As mentiant ealier, i havent gotten my hands on a game thus far, since i am from europe. All my knolege commes from online reading. There for this are my thoughts atm.

There was a way in the japanese version to modify safe files to get things like a second Yato into your game, and the stats on +7 Omega Yato for example are just strait BS. Thats why im just for banning those things: Any forged weapon, which should only exist 1 per game, should be banned. Not the normal versions.

Yeah even if you cant get Warp yet, we know it will come soon. I wanna think for the future, not the present. Wanna make a list that works even after the dlc's. And Warp is, i hope you can agree, not realy balanced and combined with rescue staffs and those things pretty much lets you attack without any giving the enemy a chance to strike back.

I didnt know the kids are as good as in awekening, wasnt focussing on them. Tbh i didnt care much about them, just bc they not look very interessting to me.

Yeah galeforce got nerfed, but its still very strong. Its also DLC exclusiv. In order to have as much players as possible on board we should try not to use DLC-thingys. Not everyone has acces to them.

Lastly I like to hear things from people like you, who seem to have real knowlage about the game, not just 3th party information like me. I would love to see your idea's about that topic if you are interested in it.

I can't play as well yet *eu* but for your info i wanted to say that special weapons can't be forged, it sounded like they can be which is wrong~

Also this is what makes Big Brothers good in early - thier personal weapons. That's all. For min-maxing they won't have that easy job fighting with other characters.

Thank you all for responding! I appreciate the feedback. I do agree with some of the things you said, HerrWolfsklaue, but Magikarpador also has some good points.

I think what should be done is that I could make a set of beta rules of sort, and host a challonge tournament.

Here's what I'm thinking.

1. No 'Blue Shield' Units. Only use units that you yourself have obtained and trained through the game legitimately.

2. Map: Quick Prep

3. Handicap: Off

4. Eternal Seals are Banned.

5. Matches will be a best of 3.

In the actual post I think I'll go more in depth in explaining how it will work and such. Thanks guys for your help! :)

No blue shields means no 3rd gen. Kanna team, nice thought tho, dreams~

Edited by Eriotto