Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Team Plasma isn't obviously in the wrong here. Yes, their rank and file may be hypocrites, but N does bring up legitimate points. I do somewhat agree about N, but he was indoctrinated from an early age by Ghetsis, so that was why it took so much to get him to accept that other viewpoints were legitimate.

No I didn't mean they were, I just said in general and referred to shit writing like Naruto and Sasuke where the narrative tried making it look like planning to commit genocide (or mass, mass murder) was justifiable.

But you said it yourself, the team comes across as morons, and that's one of the main problems with the Pokémon games' story - again, I know I shouldn' expect much, but beating up idiots en masse gets old fast.

However, once again, I agree, I like N. Not his stupid name maybe, but the fact that he raises good points. Still, if I were him, I'd try to settle it over a coffee or something, rather than through doing the very same thing you're trying to stop.

It's kind of odd that they showed us almost nothing in this direct, despite the game coming out this year. If those logos and pieces of concept art are most of what they have, I really worry that they're going to rush these games.

The only thing we had for ORAS at announcement was boxart.

I wouldn't worry.

So if Trainer customization returns and there's an option for blonde pigtails on a female trainer, how many Usagis, Tsukinos, or Serenas are we going to see, do you think?

Not directly answering your question, but I'd really like a more complex trainer creation system.

Hey, there's an analysis video by Game Explain.

Pretty good theories, imo. But I wish people would quit saying "POHK-ee-mon." It's also FER-froo, not FER-frow. xP
Also, I noticed that this time, the word "version" has been ditched in the titles. XY didn't have it either. I always thought that was kind of silly, so I'm glad they're keeping to not using the word "version."
Edited by Anacybele

and it wasn't really made clear why N is a King; does he have royal blood or something?

It was part of Team Plasma's whole medieval knight thematic. They're meant to portray the image of a "corrupted knight in dulled armor", it's symbolic and nothing more.

I liked N quite a bit. He's absolutely one of the most interesting and dynamic Pokémon characters, and I loved him for it.

It's kind of odd that they showed us almost nothing in this direct, despite the game coming out this year. If those logos and pieces of concept art are most of what they have, I really worry that they're going to rush these games.

If the games are not ready by the release date, they will be delayed; Nintendo are not those kinds of people. Don't worry.

No I didn't mean they were, I just said in general and referred to shit writing like Naruto and Sasuke where the narrative tried making it look like planning to commit genocide (or mass, mass murder) was justifiable.

But you said it yourself, the team comes across as morons, and that's one of the main problems with the Pokémon games' story - again, I know I shouldn' expect much, but beating up idiots en masse gets old fast.

However, once again, I agree, I like N. Not his stupid name maybe, but the fact that he raises good points. Still, if I were him, I'd try to settle it over a coffee or something, rather than through doing the very same thing you're trying to stop.

Eh, don't know enough about Naruto; the only thing I've really heard is that the writer apparently said he can't write women. If you can't write half of the human race, maybe you shouldn't be a writer? Agree on everything else.

All new games.

No remakes. This is awesome! :D

Just now have to wait for the official release date while downloading our Pokes from our Red/Blue and Yellow digital games.

I'm hoping it's either 6.5 or sequels like gen 2 was to gen 1.

I'm personally leaning towards this. We've got too much stuff on Perfect Zygarde for it to even be considered strategic misdirection.

I don't mind that they just announced it. I think that alone is still enough for hype (I'm certainly excited!) I can't wait to see new Pokemon and new areas!

I'm hoping it's either 6.5 or sequels like gen 2 was to gen 1.

Ooo, this would be so exciting! Kind of like BW2? (never played those but that's what I'm assuming?)

Edited by bowfanatic

If Zygarde has his new forms in this game, then I bet this will be a sequel like Gen 2 is a sequel to Gen 1. I wouldn't even be surprised if you can go back to Kalos.

Gamexplain's analysis pointed out that the region might be like Singapore or Pacific Asia, which I think would be really interesting. I wonder what kind of Pokemon such a region would have?

The tag the Pokémon Company is using is #PokemonSunMoon. Of course, I've also seen plenty of "Pokemon Moon Moon" jokes.

Something to keep in mind for these games is that Pokémon has an extremely time-honored tradition of hinting at ordinary future-generation 'mons while still in the current generation, going all the way back to Togepi's appearance in certain first-generation resources.

While admittedly we are a bit anemic on the side of new information, we have enough to consider Sun/Moon a very likely Gen VII.

. . . by the way, I want to point out something else that separates X/Y from Sun/Moon: their Japanese logos. For X and Y, the "n" kana is stylized with the Mega Evolution symbol, a feature that ended up the defining hallmark Gen VI's mechanical contributions (alongside the clear makeover of the Type chart). For Sun and Moon, though, that same kana is instead stylized with a crystalline-looking item, which is colored differently for the different versions. I wonder what this could mean . . . ?

Isn't ORAS Gen 6.5. I mean, you can't have ORAS megas in X/Y. If we're gonna get new pokemon or megas that ORAS or prior gens never referenced or even ORAS and X/Y can't have, it might as well be a new Generation.

Ah great. I just realized what the abbreviations for these games will be.

Wonderful. How many google searches will be ruined by that?

Seriously tho, after typing it in, the internet is already begun to be flooded with the Sun and Moon S&M than the other.

Originally I thought this would be a new generation like Sapphire and Ruby to generation one and two, but now I'm not sure what to believe. After watching some YouTubers' thoughts I must admit there's simply way too much still left in the sixth generation, like Zygarde's forms and the obvious similarities between Diance and Magiana. Now I sort of feel like it can go either way, but it wouldn't make sense to hype up Zygarde like this and then just not do anything with it.

Although I was more looking forward to XY2, if they let us visit Kalos in SM, then I'd be really happy.

Whatever it is, I really hope it's another Pokémon version of an overseas region that has accurately portrayed geography like XY and GSC, and not like ORAS. No, seriously, this is all I ask for.

Maybe Zygarde's payoff is in Sun and Moon. It's not something they've done before, but it isn't too far of a stretch if the game is a sequel in some way to X and Y.

Maybe Zygarde's payoff is in Sun and Moon. It's not something they've done before,

Didn't Deoxys "debut" in Gen III but have its "payoff" in Gen IV? Or maybe I could be misremembering that.

Of course I suppose that comparison isn't entirely fair, since Zygarde isn't exactly on the level of something like Deoxys or Shaymin.

You could get Deoxys's different forms in Gen III, but you had to trade them to the right game to get the form you want. (Ruby=Attack, Sapphire=Defence, Emerald=Speed, FRLG=Normal)

In Gen IV, you could just get any form you want from the meteorites in any game.