Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowlet is the first starter to be dual-typed out of the gate.

Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison though.

I think trainer customization is back; the protagonists look very unmemorable and generic at first glance.

Grass/Flying, huh? Never liked that combo.

So what's the consensus? It wasn't anything mindblowing if you ask me.

Just because it's an Owl, doesn't mean it's going to be a flying type.

EDIT: My mistake, it was confirmed to be flying type.

Regardless, that Owl is adorable! And so is the Water type starter! I love the circus theme!

And as I though, the Sun legendary is a Lion, but the Moon legendary is very pretty!

Edited by Water Mage

Litten looks great, I think I know my starter already.

Also I really like the LION LEGENDARY design, so yeah I said Sun when they first announced these, this all confirms I'm getting Sun.

Edited by Jedi

Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison though.

I think trainer customization is back; the protagonists look very unmemorable and generic at first glance.

Huh. I thought it didn't become that until Ivysaur.

I personally hope they let you do more with customization; basically, FE-avatar level with the added bonus of being able to mix-and-match outfits.

EDIT: I just added "undecided" options to the poll... partially because I myself am undecided on starters.

Edited by The DanMan

I also gotta add I like the Tropical Island look, now I just hope they don't try to force a story on us like in X/Y, and we'll be golden.

Pokemon is at its best when its more a personal story imo, because its you just exploring a region, maybe stopping some minor threat, but since R/S/E they really like pushing global plots into the mix which are annoying at best.

The more plot focused stuff like Mystery Dungeon (and somewhat Colliseum and XD which actually do it well) can be the plot focused stuff, lets just have our fun adventures with no major gameplay interruptions please.

Edited by Jedi

I also gotta add I like the Tropical Island look, now I just hope they don't try to force a story on us like in X/Y, and we'll be golden.

Pokemon is at its best when its more a personal story imo, because its you just exploring a region, maybe stopping some minor threat, but since R/S/E they really like pushing global plots into the mix which are annoying at best.

The more plot focused stuff like Mystery Dungeon (and somewhat Colliseum and XD which actually do it well) can be the plot focused stuff, lets just have our fun adventures with no major gameplay interruptions please.

I honestly kinda hope that they take notes from 5th-gen. There, the over-arching plot was actually a consistent part of things from almost the very beginning; it was actually handeld decently enough, and had one helluva of a climax.

X and Y felt too much like Ruby and Sapphire; there bits and pieces of involvement until "Uh oh you've got your seventh gym badge now raid the villain's HQ and grab the mascot legendary". I also think that it tried a little too hard to come off as serious (the "ultimate weapon" is basically a miniaturized Halo ring in function; the game makes it perfectly clear that Lysandre intends to kill everything not on Team Flare with it), making the whole episode feel like a "big-lipped alligator moment".

Also, from Serebii: the region is the Alola region, and Rowlet knows a move called Leafedge. In addition, you can alter your trainer's skin pigment.

Not trying to start a fight, but I disagree. I personally like the games where you stop a major threat to the world/universe/whatever have you. Maybe its because there's more to than just journeying in pokemon, because once story stuff is over, Pokemon gets pretty boring. I can't understand your opinion, but I do respect it.

You know, I noticed that a lot of people liked the fire starter and wasn't impressed with the water starter.

It reminds me of X and Y when everyone loved Fennekin from the start but disliked Froakie, but then a lot of people hated Delphox and loved Greninja.

I wonder if the same thing will happen with Litten and Popplio.

Oshawott was a similar case, everyone thought it was derpy, but later everyone thought it's final evolution was incredible badass.

I really like this gen's take on the main theme; it manages to sound unique and epic without being quite as overbearing as the 5th gen's theme. And I'm a sucker for almost anything choral in music.

Whoa this looks great!

Alola region looks very vibrant and colorful, sounds good to me! And it is based on Hawai!

RMiSXx0.png

Boy Trainer looks cool, but Girl Trainer is May levels of cute.

The customization looks cool, I'll go with the generic boy, but will see any other options regardless.

Now onto the starters, I totally adore Rowlet! I don't care it's typing is defensively terrible but I don't even play pokemon on a competitive scene. The other starters are likable too, I wonder what will their evolutions be?

Aaaaaannd totally going for Moon, the legendary looks pretty awesome and it suits my tastes. Now I do wonder its typing: my bet is Flying as well, and either Ice, Ghost, Dark or Psychic? The lion looks badass too, but bats>lions this time.

Edit:

rowlet.jpg

litten.jpg

popplio.jpg

Man these starters are so adorbs

Edited by Quintessence