Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does the picture of the region doesn't look... big enough...?

Yeah, I think it'll match with the geography of Hawaii and maybe be an archipelago like the Sevii Islands. Its definitely too small to be the WHOLE region. I mean this current island seems to match the geography of Oahu.

Edited by Naui

...Wow, I am very disappointed. These starters all look like garbage to me and the Sun legendary is a boring lion while the Moon one is a boring bat. We have plenty of both of these.

Boy trainer looks okay, girl looks too much like ORAS May to me.

I might pass on these entirely. I'm not seeing anything I like at all. Though Hawaii as our region could be nice.

Edited by Anacybele

PAL regions get the short end of the release date stick once again, good times, good times

November 23rd is only five days after the NA release; it's not massive. Heck, it's half the time the region had to wait for ORAS.

Edited by The DanMan

OMG a KITTY STARTER

GEN 6 HAD A FOX, NOW 7 HAS A CAT

MY FAVORITES

AND THE SEAL AND OWL OMG SO CUUUUUUUTE

Ahem.

Getting Moon for how awesome the legendary looks.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Yeah, I think it'll match with the geography of Hawaii and maybe be an archipelago like the Sevii Islands. Its definitely too small to be the WHOLE region.

Yeah, I was also kinda thinking it's going to be an archipielago and we're just seeing one of the islands. Although it doesn't look to me like it looks like any of Hawaii's. Since at least landmass shapes are more or less consistent to their real-world counterparts. But it could just be me not seeing it.

I think we can all agree that Rowlet is the best and nothing else can compare to its glory. I will now preach the glory of Rowlet from sea to shining sea.

Alola region looks amazing, black male trainer looks awesome, and November 18 needs to get over here already.

November 23rd is only five days after the NA release; it's not massive. Heck, it's half the time the region had to wait for ORAS.

Not getting to talk and play along with my US friends is a big enough deal to me, frankly. Five days is plenty enough to be done with the entire story. Being able to share an experience at the same time, comparing discoveries and opinions while progressing was one of the best things about XY when I first played it.

Yeah, I was also kinda thinking it's going to be an archipielago and we're just seeing one of the islands. Although it doesn't look to me like it looks like any of Hawaii's. Since at least landmass shapes are more or less consistent to their real-world counterparts. But it could just be me not seeing it.

Nope, it matches the Island of Oahu:

1. the Volcano/Crater in the south is Diamond Head/Kaimanahila

2. There is a harbor in the south which is Pearl Harbor

3. The giant pink building seems to be based on Tripler Army Medical Center a famous Hawaii Landmark.

4. I think the main town is based on Downtown Honolulu.

5. The enclosed bay on the East side seems to be based on Hanauma Bay

Edited by Naui

The cat looks fire/dark and the seal water/psychic. The owl is definitely my favorite of the three. Im probably going for Moon because bats.

...Wow, I am very disappointed. These starters all look like garbage to me and the Sun legendary is a boring lion while the Moon one is a boring bat. We have plenty of both of these.

Boy trainer looks okay, girl looks too much like ORAS May to me.

I might pass on these entirely. I'm not seeing anything I like at all. Though Hawaii as our region could be nice.

Every new generation has a bunch of people saying the exact same things.

Don't jump the gun; reserve judgement. I myself am not exactly feeling any of the starters right now.

Not getting to talk and play along with my US friends is a big enough deal to me, frankly. Five days is plenty enough to be done with the entire story. Being able to share an experience at the same time, comparing discoveries and opinions while progressing was one of the best things about XY when I first played it.

I was just trying to make the best of a non-optimal situation.

I was just trying to make the best of a non-optimal situation.

Yeah sorry man, didn't mean to go off on you, haha

I guess it's a pretty sore subject for me.

Admitedly, considering the sort of person I am, I'm not really fond it's getting out here same time as Japan. But that's just me.

Nope, it matches the Island of Oahu:

1. the Volcano/Crater in the south is Diamond Head/Kaimanahila

2. There is a harbor in the south which is Pearl Harbor

3. The giant pink building seems to be based on Tripler Army Medical Center a famous Hawaii Landmark.

4. I think the main town is based on Downtown Honolulu.

5. The enclosed bay on the East side seems to be based on Hanauma Bay

Oh, now I see it. So it's like Hoenn in that it was a rotated Kyushu. So now it's a rotated Oahu.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh, now I see it. So it's like Hoenn in that it was a rotated Kyushu. So now it's a rotated Oahu.

Assuming that the crater is the southern most part of the island, then sure, it's Oahu rotated about 15 degrees clockwise.

Edited by Naui

Not trying to start a fight, but I disagree. I personally like the games where you stop a major threat to the world/universe/whatever have you. Maybe its because there's more to than just journeying in pokemon, because once story stuff is over, Pokemon gets pretty boring. I can't understand your opinion, but I do respect it.

I can also understand yours, sorry if I sounded a bit like "THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE" Its just how I see it.

You know, that bat is pretty sick looking. I wonder what typing it'll be?

Also, Rowlet is pretty cute. I like it the most, really.

You know, that bat is pretty sick looking. I wonder what typing it'll be?

Also, Rowlet is pretty cute. I like it the most, really.

Fairy/Dark, maybe?

Rowlet is starting to grow on me, but I need to see evolutions before I can decide for certain.

The typing is unfortunate.

It's cute at least. All three are huggable as a kitten

All three are amazing. Cute and brimming with tons of potential. I can't wait to see where the three go.

KuLrxaZ.png

I'M SO FUCKING HYPED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't wait to explore these tropical islands.

Gotta have some nice music with em, and i'm sure GF will deliver.

Edited by Jedi

All three are amazing. Cute and brimming with tons of potential. I can't wait to see where the three go.

KuLrxaZ.png

I'M SO FUCKING HYPED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know, right? Cute things are great! I hope they stay cute as they evolve. There's nothing better than a cute but strong Pokémon! Edited by Glaceon Mage