Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

...What?

Honestly, what? You still aren't telling me WHY you think it's terrible, and you're contradicting yourself here. You say you lean towards low quality for some reason, then say make it high quality? Can you please make sense?

I probably worded it poorly. When I said they look horrible is because they look cheap and low quality to me.

It would be cool if Rowlet and Popplio got evolutions like that, but don't we already know 1. Rowlet's gimmick is powerful kicks and 2. Rowlet will be grass/ground, Litten will be Fire, and Popplio will be water/fighting from the Pokemon JP website's accidental exposure of those type icons in that order? Cause those don't seem to fight the concepts that Gamefreak seems to be putting forth...

And yeah, I reaaaally want Litten to stay a quadraped. As for Popplio, it kinda looks too feminine to be its evolution knowing that starters are 82.5% male...not that there can't be fabulous merdudes and that there hasn't been unusually feminine Pokemon in the past with an even/male biased split (Eeveelutions, Gardevoir, Braixen) but none of the starter final forms have ever looked "female".

The fact that Popplio learns Disarming Voice is a point I would use to its final evolution being Fighting. It would be really weird for a pokemon to learn Disarming Voice and end up being Fighting. So far, no Fighting type is able to use Disarming Voice. Though if true, it would be kinda awkward.

Also, some cool info for people in Japan!

Pokémon Sun & Moon
Two special edition Pokémon Sun & Moon New Nintendo 3DS LL Consoles have been announced for Japan. The first of these models is black and features Solagaleo & Lunala while the second is yellow and features Pikachu. They will be released on November 18th 2016 for 18,800¥ each. Neither of them come with the games of Pokémon Sun & Moon. We'll bring more on any international launch as it comes

smconsole1.jpg

smconsole2.jpg

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Double Pack
It has been confirmed that in Japan, Pokémon Sun & Moon will be released in a double pack. This pack will contain both versions of the game as well as two sets of Serial Codes offering 100 Poké Balls each. This can be reserved from July 16th 2016 and available from launch on November 18th 2016.

smdouble.jpg

Source: http://serebii.net/

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Double Pack
It has been confirmed that in Japan, Pokémon Sun & Moon will be released in a double pack. This pack will contain both versions of the game as well as two sets of Serial Codes offering 100 Poké Balls each. This can be reserved from July 16th 2016 and available from launch on November 18th 2016.

smdouble.jpg

>200 Poké balls

Edited by Konnor97

What in the actual.... ?

Zygarde 100% looks out-of-this-world. It's design does NOT fit with the Pokemon Universe at all. I mean, Kyurem looks more like a pokemon than that monstrosity does.

Whose idea was it to put the mecha in Pokemon? :P:

Yes, yes, Genesect, but I tend to forget about its existence :P:

Zygarde 10% looks like something out of Resident Evil.

---

- Pikipek looks adorable. . .for now. If I have to fight that thing on every other route, my opinion will probably change.

- Yungoos the blond mongoose. It mirrors the story of the mongoose over here~! And yes, we still have to deal with mongoose to this day.

- Not liking Grubbin, but that's because that thing reminds me of the various bugs I've seen around here. Complete with String Shot.

- A Steel/Fairy clockwork bunny? 'k.

- Battle Royale has my attention.

Why would we need both? Do you think they'll actually be significantly different from one another? I mean they've never done that before or do we really need 200 pokeballs?

For completists and those who would share one of the games with a friend or loved one. As for the Pokéballs, free Pokéballs are always welcome. It encourages the younger ones to catch Pokémon like crazy.

Yungoos the blond mongoose. It mirrors the story of the mongoose over here~! And yes, we still have to deal with mongoose to this day.

So the mongoose thing is true?

That's really awesome!

Makes me wonder how many real things from Hawaii Game Freak is gonna put in the game.

I've heard a Hawaiian say on another site that is actually schocking how accurate this game is when it comes to Hawaii.

Not liking Grubbin, but that's because that thing reminds me of the various bugs I've seen around here. Complete with String Shot.

Funny you should mention that Grubbin reminds you of a real life bug because it might be based on these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiatic_rhinoceros_beetle

And the larva: http://lh4.ggpht.com/GSUW8zBokcRloTI10QEd6r_g1w2bxz1boUaGu5ARYZqD_hterSRxR4BkLZiP9lECxDmaY4jo_olHmtqBArKc=s580

So the mongoose thing is true?

That's really awesome!

Makes me wonder how many real things from Hawaii Game Freak is gonna put in the game.

I've heard a Hawaiian say on another site that is actually schocking how accurate this game is when it comes to Hawaii.

Funny you should mention that Grubbin reminds you of a real life bug because it might be based on these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asiatic_rhinoceros_beetle

And the larva: http://lh4.ggpht.com/GSUW8zBokcRloTI10QEd6r_g1w2bxz1boUaGu5ARYZqD_hterSRxR4BkLZiP9lECxDmaY4jo_olHmtqBArKc=s580

I don't think the accuracy should be so shocking actually.

If Kalos is any indication, they spent lot of time exploring Hawaii, taking pictures and researching about it.

I remember that, for Kalos, they didn't knew about the menhirs, dolmens, and other stone circles in Britain before coming in France. But it inspired them so much they decided to put it in the game.

Though it seems they put even more work here.

Oh my god, Battle Royal looks amazing! Unfortunately it probably wont be very prevalent in multiplayer.

One has to wonder how earthquake/surf will work, though; I'd assume that they only target a single player, because if not things get really broken really quickly.

One has to wonder how earthquake/surf will work, though; I'd assume that they only target a single player, because if not things get really broken really quickly.

From what we've seen, I'd imagine that all Pokémon are considered "adjacent", which means all would be targeted.

Which does indeed seem broken.

Actually an idea I had for that was it would target ALL Pokemon, including your own. Either that, or it would have a MASSIVE power penalty, so it would be impractical unless all three opponents are in red. The latter is more likely, TBH.

Honestly, I don't see them changing the mechanics of the move. The three opposing Pokemon would likely count just the same as, say, a horde battle. Changing multi-target moves just for one multiplayer function seems rather out of the way. Unless they revamp the move completely through the game. And again, no real reason. And in the case of the above post: Why would they give these moves a 100% recoil just for multiplayer Battle Royal. Why would you conjuring a giant wave of water hurt the one doing it? Doesn't really make much logical sense. These things aren't guaranteed OHKOs, either, so I don't get all the fuss over it being overpowered. Train your Pokemon well enough and you don't have to worry about it. Fussing like this is like fussing over Razor Leaf (or some similar move) in a double battle, at least in my eyes. Not to mention, most Pokemon have access to at least one multi-target move. Be it Discharge, Boomburst, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Surf, etc. So things are still relatively even ground. Not to mention, there are things that can resist moves like Earthquake and Surf, so if that's really such a big concern to you and you're going to complain about it being "broken", find yourself a good Dragon-Type that can resist most of these moves, or simply don't do Battle Royal. It is an optional style of multiplayer battle after all (at least from all we've seen so far)

Edited by Rethel34

- Not liking Grubbin, but that's because that thing reminds me of the various bugs I've seen around here. Complete with String Shot.

Eclipse, if you wouldn't mind, could you take a guess at what bug Grubbin is based off of? It's more than likely a Hawaiian beetle, and you seem to know the most about Hawaii.

EDIT: I just watched the 40 minute video of Sun and Moon gameplay, and I hate to admit it but Popplio has grown on me a bit. It's idle animation shows off a smarmy smugness that I just adore. Evolutions will still be the deciding factor on starter choice though.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Eclipse, if you wouldn't mind, could you take a guess at what bug Grubbin is based off of? It's more than likely a Hawaiian beetle, and you seem to know the most about Hawaii.

EDIT: I just watched the 40 minute video of Sun and Moon gameplay, and I hate to admit it but Popplio has grown on me a bit. It's idle animation shows off a smarmy smugness that I just adore. Evolutions will still be the deciding factor on starter choice though.

This reminds me more of Heracross

This, on the other hand. . .maybe. I see those traps in my neighborhood. . .

I don't really think it matters if Grubbin is Hawaiian or not. Hawlucha is not a French animal.
I mean, Grubbin is a Sheargrub from Pikmin first and foremost.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

This reminds me more of Heracross

This, on the other hand. . .maybe. I see those traps in my neighborhood. . .

Either of those would work. Heracross is based off the Hercules Beetle and not the Asiatic Rhinocerous Beetle. Thank you Eclipse, any info on my favorite new pokemon is appreciated. Here's hoping for coconut beetle.

I don't really think it matters if Grubbin is Hawaiian or not. Hawlucha is not a French animal.

I mean, Grubbin is a Sheargrub from Pikmin first and foremost.

While the Hawlucha example is true, I don't recall anyone ever remarking on the accuracy of Kalos. Meanwhile time and time again people talk about how accurate Alola is to Hawaii. Do I expect it to be a one for one copy? No, of course not, Nekkoala was leaked after all. But it is still a good starting point to look at Hawaiian and possibly Australian critters. Plus Eclipse had mentioned that it reminded her of beetle larvae she'd seen in Hawaii.

While we're on the subject of Grubbin, does anyone else think it looks like he's got a little hardhat on his head? There's also a theory running around that he'll have a divergent evolution into either a Bug/Electric or Bug/Ground type.

I don't mean to turn this into the Grubbin thread. So here's a picture of the starters I found: [spoiler=Alchemy Bro]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CksXcLCWYAAjQVS.jpg

That sulfur symbol is also used as the symbol for witches, to keep them away or something like that. I learned this from a Scooby Doo episode (I thought that symbol looked familiar and then it hit me), and Googling it told me the same thing. And guess what pet witches often have? A cat. Which is what Litten is.

This is what makes me think Litten will evolve into a witch-like Fire/Dark tiger.

Edited by Anacybele

This is what makes me think Litten will evolve into a witch-like Fire/Dark tiger.

So you basically want four-legged Delphox with Dark type instead of Psychic type.

Just because it's related to a witch doesn't mean it's the same as Delphox. Delphox is not a cat of any form. It's more closely related to a fox, which is in its name. (Fennekin was a Fennec, as well, which is related to the Fox). Especially if the Dark-Type is used instead of Psychic, Litten's full evo could turn out rather different from Delphox. If it does become Psychic, then I might have issues, because then we'd be starting a new trend in Fire-Type starters. Rather than the Fire Fighters, we'd have the PK Fire starters. Needs to remain exclusive to Fennekin's family, IMO.

But then again, it wouldn't have to become a witch. If these truly are alchemically-related starters, it'd be neat, but one could go a number of different ways. I personally am kind of excited to see if they continue with this trend. Guess only time will tell, huh?

So you basically want four-legged Delphox with Dark type instead of Psychic type.

Uh, no. Delphox is based on a mage. Not a witch. They're NOT the same. Witches are portrayed as evil (note that the Dark type is the Evil type in Japanese) and wielding bad magic and their weakness is water, because they melt when water is thrown on them. WATER. Litten is Fire type.

Mages are more generic and can be good and use other kinds of magic.

Witch cat/tiger plz, GameFreak. This actually sounds really awesome now, even if Litten's final form is on two legs, actually.

...But man, between a potential witch cat/tiger for Litten and a Water/Fairy type for Popplio, I may have a HARD time deciding which of these two to pick.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, no. Delphox is based on a mage. Not a witch. They're NOT the same. Witches are portrayed as evil (note that the Dark type is the Evil type in Japanese) and wielding bad magic and their weakness is water, because they melt when water is thrown on them. WATER. Litten is Fire type.

Mages are more generic and can be good and use other kinds of magic.

Witch cat/tiger plz, GameFreak. This actually sounds really awesome now, even if Litten's final form is on two legs, actually.

...But man, between a potential witch cat/tiger for Litten and a Water/Fairy type for Popplio, I may have a HARD time deciding which of these two to pick.

Actually, through history there has actually been portrayals of good witches. The terms White Witch, or Good Witch, or Folk Healer, was used by those claimed their witchcraft was only for benevolent purposes.

Weakness of water? I've read of many weaknesses that witches have in many folklore... and to be honest, the only time I heard of water melted them was in Oz fiction. It was only invented for that particular book series. It's not folklore from ancient times or something like that. Which makes it much more recent than, say, the belief that braiding your hair would make you inmune to magic that needed your eyes to curse you.

That said, witch cat idea ain't sound bad. Then again, I have a bias for felines.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, yeah, there ARE some good witches (like the good witch of the North in the Wizard of Oz), but most are bad/evil.

I didn't know that water thing was only in the Wizard of Oz though. Oops. xP