Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

In fact during the anti-witchcraft hysteria, they thought witches couldn't drown. Hence why they threw girls into water to see if they would float and survive, and if they survived they were burned at the stake for witchcraft.... if they drowned, tough luck.

Honestly sulfur does imply poison or dark if it does become dual type, as it has associations with brimstone and hellfire. However most of sulfur's lore is based around its flammability and use in black powder so I think pure fire is within the realms of possibility. Fire could use a break from being so heavily dual typed. Rowlet as Salt also implies solidity, which points to a very defensive and steady grass type and also lends a lot of credence to a ground typing. Mercury implies fluidity, perfect for a water type but I'm not sure how fighting type relates to that in the future if it is indeed water/fighting.

Anyway nice catch that the starters are shaped as the three symbols of Paracelsus. I think the symbology is pretty strong! I wonder what influence will be stronger down the line, the alchemy or the circus?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT IF each starter's secondary type is good against its primary rival?

Let's say, if Litten ends up Fire/Poison, Fire may be good agains Rowlet and Poison would be good against Popplio by being Water/Fairy on final stage. Thing is, Rowlet would need to be either Psychic or Ground and being effective against Fire/Poison Rowlet. But my theory breaks on that Fairy is not effective against Ground or Psychic. But that's just me making up ideas in my mind.

In fact during the anti-witchcraft hysteria, they thought witches couldn't drown. Hence why they threw girls into water to see if they would float and survive, and if they survived they were burned at the stake for witchcraft.... if they drowned, tough luck.

Honestly sulfur does imply poison or dark if it does become dual type, as it has associations with brimstone and hellfire. However most of sulfur's lore is based around its flammability and use in black powder so I think pure fire is within the realms of possibility. Fire could use a break from being so heavily dual typed. Rowlet as Salt also implies solidity, which points to a very defensive and steady grass type and also lends a lot of credence to a ground typing. Mercury implies fluidity, perfect for a water type but I'm not sure how fighting type relates to that in the future if it is indeed water/fighting.

Anyway nice catch that the starters are shaped as the three symbols of Paracelsus. I think the symbology is pretty strong! I wonder what influence will be stronger down the line, the alchemy or the circus?

My guess is alchemy will win out. By the way you guys remember how they said the starters and Iwanko share a secret? It probably ties into alchemy, and people have compared Iwanko to lead in alchemy. Although I may be mistaken on that.

The only thing that bugs me with the alchemy stuff is where Lunaala fits in. It just seems so out of place in all this.

EDIT: I found the image comparison. [spoiler=Bro, Alchemy!]

Pokemon-Sun-And-Moon-Alchemy-Theory-Reve

Edited by Honey Bunny

Methinks somebody needs to watch Kiki's Delivery Service. One of my favorite Miyazaki films, and has an interesting portrayal of witches, too.

Also, I didn't realize this until just now but I don't really like any of the three starters .-. Maybe I'll eventually change my mind. But I'm 99% sure I am not picking the fire starter type. It creeps me out for some reason.

This is something small, but I think it's worth posting:

c6c.jpg

This is Magearna during the era of the ancient civilization that created it.

It's going to appear in the Movie, and it's just Magearna in a different color, but could this imply that Magearna will get another form?

I also can't take my eyes away from the guy with the Glalie hat.

In other news, brought from serebii.net:

Pokémon Sun & Noon - Fan Editions

Two special Fan Editions of Pokémon Sun & Moon have been confirmed for Europe on November 23rd 2016. These special editions come with the retail version of the game but released in a special Steel Book showing both Solgaleo or Lunala depending on the version. Pricing for this has yet to be announced

sunfan.jpg

moonfan.jpg

Pokémon New Nintendo 3DS XL

Following the announcement for it in Japan last week, it has now been confirmed by Nintendo Europe that the special Solgaleo & Lunala themed New Nintendo 3DS XL is to be released in Europe and Australia this November. We currently don't have any details such as specific dates and prices, but we'll bring more as and when it comes so keep checking back

sunmoon3dsllth.jpg

Edited by Quintessence

Only for Europe? Ugh, I want that pretty all-gold Sun case. :(

But now NA is the only region without a special edition of some kind. We better get one, though, it's only fair.

Edited by Anacybele

I would mind. Because as I said, it's all in fairness.

I get that Europe and Australia get shafted sometimes, which sucks. But that doesn't mean that when they do get something, someone else has to be shafted instead. NOBODY should get shafted. I mean no region at all. Every region has a lot of fans, after all.

Well, look how much time Europe took for having Fates :P.

We can't always have everything first xD.

Edited by Nym

Honestly, the only place that won't get shafted is Japan. Just how it works.

Not quite. It's pretty rare because it's Japan, but it happens. Gold Mario Amiibo, anyone? Japan never got it, as far as I know. If they did, they were last. By far.

Not quite. It's pretty rare because it's Japan, but it happens. Gold Mario Amiibo, anyone? Japan never got it, as far as I know. If they did, they were last. By far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3slb7g/lucas_and_gold_mario_amiibo_releasing_in_japan_on/

They got it.

I wonder how they'll handle Zygarde's ​four signature moves now? They'll need to restrict it in some way. I presume that they'll only allow one out of Land's Wrath, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves at a time, considering that they have the same power and PP. I'm liking Thousand Arrows the most at the moment, because of its ability to hit Flying types. I wonder what power Core Enforcer will have? It looks extremely powerful.