Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I noticed, thanks for the comment. :)

But I'm fully aware that Mega evolution isn't always the best solution. In fact, I think I would honestly prefer that Solrock and Lunatone get proper evolutions first and then Megas for said proper evolutions. And I would prefer the same for Pokemon like Dunsparce and Farfetch'd. Trust me, I definitely know where you're coming from there. Also, Infernape is a starter, don't forget, and those are getting Mega forms a lot lately.

Also, GameFreak doesn't seem to care whether some Pokemon actually needed Megas or not. xP Did Mewtwo, Garchomp, and Salamence really need them? I don't think they did. And I'm a fan of Garchomp.

GameFreak only give them a mega because of their popularity which is stupid since they were totaly fine already.

I know Infernape is a starter but I think Totodile and Chikorita would derserve it better since Cyndaquill is the more popular of the 3.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Glac, I made the Eeveelutions a pick in my vid! And I had you in mind when I did that part! Though I didn't mention Glaceon. I just didn't have any real ideas for it. And kinda still don't... xP

But yeah, Regenerator does look better than Healer.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey Glac, I made the Eeveelutions a pick in my vid! And I had you in mind when I did that part! Though I didn't mention Glaceon. I just didn't have any real ideas for it. And kinda still don't... xP

But yeah, Regenerator does look better than Healer.

Haha, yeah, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally would like to see Eeveelution megas. They're probably my most wanted megas. I found a pic a while back showcasing a Japanese fan's idea for what they might look like, which is in my prof.

Healer is entirely useless outside Doubles/Triples and even in them relies on chance. Regenerator is guaranteed healing when switched out, which can be a real lifesaver under the player's control.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Oh, I think I saw those before! Mega Flareon hardly looks any different to me there, but I still like how fluffy it looks, so I'd still use it anyway. :P But other than that, I think they all look great, honestly!

And yeah, that was my thought on those abilities too.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, I think I saw those before! Mega Flareon hardly looks any different to me there, but I still like how fluffy it looks, so I'd still use it anyway. :P But other than that, I think they all look great, honestly!

And yeah, that was my thought on those abilities too.

My favorite is probably the Leafeon one. You can tell it's Leafeon, but the addition of the leaves is very pretty to me. The mega Espeon looks really regal too...

Mega Flareon should get Speed Boost. Maybe then it could actually do something!

...Same for Glaceon, but it makes more sense on Flareon.

Mewtwo more or less needed it, mostly to cease flamewars between fans about Arceus vs Mewtwo. Not trying to start one here. Just saying, I think part of their goal was to put Mewtwo and Rayquaza on top.

Mewtwo more or less needed it, mostly to cease flamewars between fans about Arceus vs Mewtwo. Not trying to start one here. Just saying, I think part of their goal was to put Mewtwo and Rayquaza on top.

...Mewtwo needed it due to flamewars?

ngl, that is a really dumb reason to give Mewtwo (two!) megas. Mewtwo was powerful as is, why would fans be arguing about it and Arceus be enough to warrant that?

Same for Rayquaza, but it actually had a plot reason to mega evolve, whereas with Mewtwo it... didn't. Mega stones emerged from AZ using the ultimate weapon long before Mewtwo was actually created.

Though on that note, it's really stupid that Charizard has two megas but not Venusaur and Blastoise.

Regarding this flamewar, Arceus is now in need of an upgrade. It probably won't happen until the DP remakes, but Mewtwo was the most powerful amongst 151 Pokemon, not 720 and counting.

Though on that note, it's really stupid that Charizard has two megas but not Venusaur and Blastoise.

I agree with this point. It was only because of its popularity, but with that logic, Greninja and all other Pokemon that got above it in the polls should have special qualities as well.

Regarding this flamewar, Arceus is now in need of an upgrade. It probably won't happen until the DP remakes, but Mewtwo was the most powerful amongst 151 Pokemon, not 720 and counting.

I agree with this point. It was only because of its popularity, but with that logic, Greninja and all other Pokemon that got above it in the polls should have special qualities as well.

The popularity of Charizard is mostly out of Japan, especially in the US, where it frequently takes top in official polls.

It's still really stupid, but yeah.

I agree that Charizard shouldn't have gotten two Mega forms. I think it should've only had Zard X and that was it (because it's the way cooler one to me).

I don't really like Charizard personally, but I prefer X for having a very dandy offensive typing that doesn't have a crippling x4 weakness to Stealth Rock.

Still weak, but not to the same extent as Y.

Y gets props for Drought being an amazing ability though.

Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

I think Charizard Y looks way better. Charizard X packs on edgy elements like extra flames and a blue/black color scheme. Charizard Y actually looks like an extension of the real Charizard.

Charizard Y is also Fire/Flying, which I like.

I don't really like Charizard personally, but I prefer X for having a very dandy offensive typing that doesn't have a crippling x4 weakness to Stealth Rock.

This is another reason I prefer Zard X. As a player that favors the Fire type, Stealth Rock is annoying as hell to me. I also like the Dragon type a lot, which Zard X gets. And I love the black and blue color scheme with the spikes on the shoulders!

Shiny Zard X is also Christmas colored!

Edited by Anacybele

This is another reason I prefer Zard X. As a player that favors the Fire type, Stealth Rock is annoying as hell to me. I also like the Dragon type a lot, which Zard X gets. And I love the black and blue color scheme with the spikes on the shoulders!

Shiny Zard X is also Christmas colored!

Yeah, my top two Pokémon (Glaceon and Volcarona) are weak to SR, and the latter is x4 weak to it, sadly. Doesn't help that my favorite type is Bug, which is weak to Rock...

Stealth Rock is too good, there should be different type versions (but only one type can be active on a given side at a time) to at least encourage some variety with it.

Stealth Rock isn't too good lol. Rapid Spin and Defog take care of Stealth Rock quite nicely.

Toxic Spikes is worse. Aromatherapy and Heal Bell are the only moves to heal Poison. You can absorb the spikes with a Poison type, but that's still harder to do than carry a Pokemon with Rapid Spin/Defog.

Rock is also a horrible type, with no Physical Rock move having a power over 50 and an accuracy of 100 at the same time. Power Gem, Rock Polish, and Stealth Rock are the only really good Rock moves. Stone Edge is in the same category as Focus Miss.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

Different typed versions of it other than Spikes (and Toxic Spikes to a lesser extent) does sound like a good idea. But Stealth Rock is the ONE reason I really do not want Rapidash to Mega evolve into Fire/Flying if it gains wings. It should be Fire/Fairy to keep to a fitting typing while still avoiding that double weakness to Rock type moves.

EDIT: lol, what serious player uses either of those moves, Bunch?

Edited by Anacybele

Different typed versions of it other than Spikes (and Toxic Spikes to a lesser extent) does sound like a good idea. But Stealth Rock is the ONE reason I really do not want Rapidash to Mega evolve into Fire/Flying if it gains wings. It should be Fire/Fairy to keep to a fitting typing while still avoiding that double weakness to Rock type moves.

EDIT: lol, what serious player uses either of those moves, Bunch?

Are you joking? Rapid Spin and Defog are considered amazing moves. They get rid of Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web, and Rapid Spin cuts Leech Seed.

Forretress, Starmie, Excadrill, Cloyster, Tentacruel, Blastoise, and Ferrothorn are all great spinners. Skarmory and Zapdos are the chief Defog users.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

...What? Seriously, where are you getting this? Everything I've read says Defog is terrible and useless and I can see why. Rapid Spin is a really weak move. And those Pokemon you mentioned aren't very viable. I've never seen them talked about in the competitive metagame.

Stealth Rock isn't too good lol.

What.

Just what.

Stealth Rock is ridiculously powerful for an entry hazard. The ability to chop off up to half of an opposing Pokémon's health the instant they switch in is incredible. Rapid spin is really weak, and Defog is a double edged sword because it also removes the entry hazards you set.

There's a reason that the move is a meme.

It's also ridiculously widespread.

Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

If Stealth Rock is so great, then where is it in the modern metagame?

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/

There are a lot of Pokemon who exist to Spin/Defog here. Tornadus, Zapdos, Starmie, Excadrill, and probably a few more. Those Pokemon are quite viable.

Admittedly, I was under the assumption that Cloyster and Tentacruel were still OU. what happened lol