Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

About Pyukumuku and Wishiwashi's ability:

Innards out: ''If the user faints, it will be able to do a little bit of damage to its opponent before fainting, equal to the hp it had before receiving the final blow''.

Basically, Pyukumuku is a meat shield (or should I say, poké shield?). If you feel that your opponent is going to use a Z-move on you, switch your current pokémon to this little guy and watch his/her pokémon losing hp for free.

I'm not sure how Wishiwashi's ability works but according to the 2 trailers, I can understand 6 things:

1. Wishiwashi is useless in its solo form

2. Wishiwashi will unlock its ability in a certain level (min level 20?) which means if you want to raise one in the main story, it will be hard at the start

3. Wishiwashi in its School form is a powerful foe and should not be underestimate unless you want to be school by it

4. Its ability will wear off at half hp or less

5. Its ability will activate as soon as the battle start

6. Wishiwashi seems to learn powerful water moves really fast (it uses Hydro Pump at level 27 in the Japanese trailer)

Edited by Nym

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also guys, I have to show you their explanation about Alola Raichu:

Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, I bet they thought of this explanation in like 10 minutes xD.

Even Pokémon researchers don’t know why Raichu’s form changed in the Alola region. The people of Alola seem unconcerned by the question. Their guess: maybe it ate too many sweet and fluffy round pancakes!

If I could look that cute from eating pancakes, I'd eat a ton of pancakes!

We're all going to the nearest Denny's right now, we're gonna be the cutest forum posters on the BLOCK.

Edited by Vashiane

After looking at the trailer again... is it just me, or does Wishiwashi's school form work better in still art than 3d model? The individual Wishiwashis not moving much makes the whole school of fish look really artificial and not alive to me...

I do understand programming the model to have so many small movements would take more resources than makes sense to allocate to a single pokemon so it isn't surprising, just a bit disappointing.

I didn't realize this earlier, but Pyukumuku has an adorable as heck name.

I'm just curious. Did it reveal Lysandre before X & Y's release? Or was he revealed to be the boss of Flare once the game came out?

I doubt it, considering the game treats it as a reveal. An obvious and not-surprising-anyone one, but a spoilery reveal nonetheless.

Am I the only one hoping for a bigger secret boss who controls Team Edgelords from the shadows or something like that? I feel so spoiled and underwhelmed by the villain reveal.

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Am I the only one hoping for a bigger secret boss who controls Team Edgelords from the shadows or something like that? I feel so spoiled and underwhelmed by the villain reveal.

It must be Lillie who's really in charge!

I have an idea! How about a big dragon pokémon who lives underground and who can mind control peoples like the entire team.

<3

Edited by Nym

Innards out does as much damage to the enemy as Pyukumuku had before fainting. That's why it used Pain Split in the Japanese trailer.

Now that we have a little more context on Guzma's line, it seems like he's talking about him and Kukui being trial captain rejects, not him and other Team Skull members. Kukui probably decided to not let rejection bring him down, and he studied to become a professor, while Guzma was just bitter about it. Also Guzma does not in fact have a Z-Ring. It's just a watch.

I'm still confused on what it means by, "When a Wishiwashi reaches a certain level..." If it is level based, how is School Form different than an evolution? I see in the Japanese trailer it got knocked out of School Form, so I'm really confused.

Morelull getting Spore confirmed, though it was obvious as a mushroom pokemon.

[spoiler=Stat Stuff]

This is all assuming pokemon have 31 IVs in each stat, but 0 EVs, and neutral natures, based on Gyarados' HP. So don't take this as anything concrete.

Minior had 120 HP at level 50. So it should have a base HP of about 45. Hopefully its defenses are good when shelled, and its speed is good de-shelled.

Wishiwashi had 66 HP at level 27. So it should have a base HP of about 39.

Going on how a level 31 Magnezone did 50 damage to a level 27 Wishiwashi School Form, and assuming Wishiwashi has enough Speed to make Electro Ball have its minimum power of 60, Wishiwashi School Form has a base Special Defense somewhere from 124-140 (minimum damage roll) to 161-173 (maximum damage roll). The rather large variance comes from Wishiwashi and Magnezone being quite low leveled (presumably, as I don't know exactly how damage works, and I just use Showdown's calculator).

Wishiwashi School Form's Special Attack is harder to figure out. We do know that it put Magnezone into low red health, but it didn't activate Sturdy. I can't tell if it crit or not, but I don't think so. If someone knows what the text after Magnezone got hit by Hydro Pump, it would be appreciated. All I can tell is Magnezone's name. Anyway, it seems to have a base Special Attack stat of over 230, but I must be figuring something wrong. In Showdown's calculator, I have a level 27 Water type that has a neutral nature, 31 Special Attack IVs, and a base 230 Special Attack stat, resulting in a Special Attack stat of 137, using Hydro Pump against a level 31 Magnzone with a neutral nature, 31 Special Defense IVs, 31 HP IVs, and its normal base Special Defense and HP of 90 and 70 respectively, resulting in 70 and 94 stats respectively, and it does 67-79 damage, which doesn't look like it would lead to that small amount of health Magnezone has in the trailer.

Pykumuku had 79 HP at level 23. So it should have a base HP of about 85.

Alola Meowth seems to have the same HP and Attack as its normal form.

Alola Raichu seems to have slightly less HP than normal Raichu, at about 53 or 54 base HP.

Edited by Konnor97

"You thought that Guzma was leader of Team Skull, but it was me, Dio!"

Anyway, since I was bored here's a list of type combinations that don't exist as of Gen VI. Type combinations new to Gen VII are listed in bold:

Normal/Poison

Normal/Rock

Normal/Bug

Normal/Ghost

Normal/Steel

Normal/Ice

Normal/Dragon (Drampa)

Normal/Dark

Fighting/Ground

Fighting/Ghost

Fighting/Electric

Fighting/Ice

Fighting/Dragon

Fighting/Fairy

Poison/Rock

Poison/Steel

Poison/Fire (Salandit)

Poison/Electric

Poison/Psychic

Poison/Ice

Poison/Fairy

Ground/Fairy

Rock/Ghost

Rock/Electric

Bug/Psychic

Bug/Ice

Bug/Dragon

Bug/Dark

Bug/Fairy (Cutiefly)

Ghost/Fairy (Mimikyu)

Steel/Ice (Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Sandslash)

Fire/Grass

Fire/Ice

Fire/Fairy

Electric/Psychic (Alolan Raichu)

Electric/Dark

Ice/Fairy (Alolan Ninetales)

Dark/Fairy

There aren't actually as many missing as I previously thought... What other new type combinations will we get?

There aren't actually as many missing as I previously thought... What other new type combinations will we get?

We still need a Fire/Ice pokemon that just happens to be musical in nature.

:P:

Okay Team Skull is my favorite. They're a bunch of doofy metalheads who really think they're cool. Also I'm gonna say Guzma isn't the leader, very high ranking, sure, but he just doesn't give off that boss vibe. Plus he seemed a little low on pokemon to be the evil leader.

I'm not a huge fan of any of these new pokemon. Hopefully Pyukumuku has a cool evolution.

A little late but here are the bios on the some of the Pokemon:

"A single Wishiwashi is tiny and weak. Measuring just eight inches from nose to tail, Wishiwashi is very small even for a Pokémon. Yet the people of the Alola region seem to view it as a terrifying Pokémon... When its in danger, Wishiwashis glistening eyes catch the light and shine out, sending an SOS signal to its allies! Wishiwashi that have encountered many dangerous situations and have a lot of experience calling on their allies will be able to emit a bright light from their eyes. They can gather allies and transform into an even more powerful Pokémon! Even Gyarados flee from Wishiwashis School Form!"

"Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far theyre thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot. Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it wont budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, itll stay thereand starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku. Pyukumuku are covered with a slippery, viscous fluid that has a moisturizing effect. Pyukumuku can stay on land for a week without drying out. The people of Alola use this fluid for skincare products. Pyukumuku hate to have their spikes and mouths touched, and if you step on one, it will hurl out its fist-like inner organs to strike at you."

"Morelull are nocturnal Pokémon that walk around at night on their leg-like roots. They move because staying in one spot and sucking all the nutrients from the soil would cause surrounding plants to wither. Morelull uses its leg-like roots to make contact with its fellows and communicate with them. Morelull broadcast spores that glow brightly when they burst open. Looking at their pulsing light has a soporific effect. It seems that in times of danger, Morelull broadcast these spores."

Does anyone else fell sorry for Pyukumuku? The poor thing gets thrown around just bcause people don't like it.

And it starves because it won't move!

Edited by Water Mage

"Due to their appearance and their lifestyle, Pyukumuku are considered unappealing to tourists. Part-time work chucking Pyukumuku back into the sea is available at tourist beaches. But no matter how far they're thrown, Pyukumuku will always return to the same spot. Once a Pyukumuku finds a place it likes, it wont budge from it. If someone moves it away, back it comes to the same spot. If it runs out of food to eat in that spot, it'll stay there and starve. The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku. Pyukumuku are covered with a slippery, viscous fluid that has a moisturizing effect. Pyukumuku can stay on land for a week without drying out. The people of Alola use this fluid for skincare products. Pyukumuku hate to have their spikes and mouths touched, and if you step on one, it will hurl out its fist-like inner organs to strike at you."

Aw, this almost makes me want to use a Pyukumuku.

Okay Team Skull is my favorite. They're a bunch of doofy metalheads who really think they're cool. Also I'm gonna say Guzma isn't the leader, very high ranking, sure, but he just doesn't give off that boss vibe. Plus he seemed a little low on pokemon to be the evil leader.

I'm not a huge fan of any of these new pokemon. Hopefully Pyukumuku has a cool evolution.

Well, he's battled relatively early on, apparently.

He seems a little too hot headed to be a real Boss though, I'd agree.

Also, a funny detail : If you want to be a Team Skull member, you have to pay for your costume.

OMG, the Alola Marowak is Ghost type! That's so cool, cause it has to be a nod to the ghost Marowak from Kanto!

Also, I kinda want to name one David because that's the name of the fire dancer from Lilo & Stitch. :P

Edited by Anacybele

OMG, the Alola Marowak is Ghost type! That's so cool, cause it has to be a nod to the ghost Marowak from Kanto!

Also, I kinda want to name one David because that's the name of the fire dancer from Lilo & Stitch. :P

If it helps, Alola Marowak is used by a Trial Captain that seems to be a fire dancer.