Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Could you expand on what you mean by this exactly? From what I can tell, you're just assuming that the videos are completely made up.

As they said, I was talking about Arctic Fox.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only watched that first video TrueEm posted, and I can't say I'm a fan. While this guy is very well researched I find his logic lacking. The constant bouncing from religion to religion, it just seems a little farfetched to me.

He does stick with 3 main ones, and just adds in some extra with other religions and meanings etc. I do think he should've just stuck with the main 3 he said were the main 3, being Norse, Greek and Hawaiian(?).

Anyways, Pokemon has always gotten their inspiration from many sources at once, so it's not a big surprise to have people running to multiple places at once trying to find a reason.

He does stick with 3 main ones, and just adds in some extra with other religions and meanings etc. I do think he should've just stuck with the main 3 he said were the main 3, being Norse, Greek and Hawaiian(?).

Anyways, Pokemon has always gotten their inspiration from many sources at once, so it's not a big surprise to have people running to multiple places at once trying to find a reason.

That's the issue though Norse, Greek, and Hawaiian are plenty of inspiration. There must thousands of legends, tales, and myths between the three of them. Then, on top of all that you add alchemy? After all that you stir in some occultism, Hinduism, Abrahamic beliefs, and you've got a right mess of a theory.

I'm not saying that there isn't some truth to what he's saying, I'm now convinced Marshadow will be a partially bug type scorpion due to the chimerism theory. It just seemed like he was stretching to make a lot of that work.

That's the issue though Norse, Greek, and Hawaiian are plenty of inspiration. There must thousands of legends, tales, and myths between the three of them. Then, on top of all that you add alchemy? After all that you stir in some occultism, Hinduism, Abrahamic beliefs, and you've got a right mess of a theory.

I'm not saying that there isn't some truth to what he's saying, I'm now convinced Marshadow will be a partially bug type scorpion due to the chimerism theory. It just seemed like he was stretching to make a lot of that work.

The thing is many religions share certain things, so it's easy to get caught up in possible references in one, which leads to another.

Plus, like I already said, Pokemon isn't just based on one religion, it has so many inspirations. That's why there's so many different topics to cover.

Just look at the XY legendaries. They fit into Norse and Hinduism, like he said, plus Zygarde is going to have to fit in with Solgaleo and Lunaala. Not much in Pokemon is based on just one thing, they have so many possible inspirations.

The thing is many religions share certain things, so it's easy to get caught up in possible references in one, which leads to another.

Plus, like I already said, Pokemon isn't just based on one religion, it has so many inspirations. That's why there's so many different topics to cover.

Just look at the XY legendaries. They fit into Norse and Hinduism, like he said, plus Zygarde is going to have to fit in with Solgaleo and Lunaala. Not much in Pokemon is based on just one thing, they have so many possible inspirations.

Fair enough. However it still doesn't sit right with me that he had to use five+ religions to glue his theory together. If he wants his theory to seem more credible he should've kept it as simple as possible.

Fair enough. However it still doesn't sit right with me that he had to use five+ religions to glue his theory together. If he wants his theory to seem more credible he should've kept it as simple as possible.

He didn't really make the main part of his theory around more than just 2 or 3. There were just small offshoots that happened to be based on those other things that were related to it. I do think he should've focused a bit more.

Pokemon itself is becoming a lot less simple as well.

Besides, if we don't cover all our bases, how are we going to find the answer. If we don't expand beyond Norse and Greek, we'd probably get stuck with nowhere to go. We need to at least consider all the options.

I got Ninja'd

I have a theory about the aether Foundation. Why are they here? What IF,

THEY are revealed to be the game's true villain, and Team Skull is on the side of justice?

And that the ultrabeasts are created by The Aether Foundation.

Edited by Michelaar

What the... I literally had no idea we were supposed to get this update.

So, does this mean Moon version takes place at night all the time or something?

Lusamine... looks like a grown-up Lillie. Ah, the theories.

Gladion... obligatory pretty-boy.

Ultra Beasts? What.

I got Ninja'd

I have a theory about the aether Foundation. Why are they here? What IF,

THEY are revealed to be the game's true villain, and Team Skull is on the side of justice?

And that the ultrabeasts are created by The Aether Foundation.

I'm actually thinking that Lillie's father is the true president of the Aether Foundation, and that he's got Guzma on his payroll to stir up trouble, draw away suspicion, and in general make the Foundation look like heroes- all to disguise stuff they're doing behind the scenes.

Edited by The DanMan

Sun and Moon just got REAL weird. Holy crap.

NULL TYPE? Ultra Beasts?! UB-01?!

Lillie totally isn't related to the Aether Foundation at all. The Foundation is also a 100% totally benevolent organization. It isn't evil in the slightest.

What the... I literally had no idea we were supposed to get this update.

So, does this mean Moon version takes place at night all the time or something?

Lusamine... looks like a grown-up Lillie. I think we may know who the Aether Foundation's President is... .

Gladion... obligatory pretty-boy.

Ultra Beasts? What.

I'm actually thinking that Lillie's father is the true president of the Aether Foundation, and that he's got Guzma on his payroll to stir up trouble, draw away suspicion, and in general make the Foundation look like heroes- all to disguise stuff they're doing behind the scenes.

You do know that the Aether foundation;s president is thias woman called Lusamine? I actually think Gladion is related to The Aether foundation,

What if Lillie and Gladion are Siblings?

Edited by Michelaar

Sun and Moon just got REAL weird. Holy crap.

NULL TYPE? Ultra Beasts?! UB-01?!

Lillie totally isn't related to the Aether Foundation at all. The Foundation is also a 100% totally benevolent organization. It isn't evil in the slightest.

They're really changing things up.

Also, Lusamine has the exact same hair color and eye color as Lillie, as well as a very similar facial structure.

You do know that the Aether foundation;s president is thias woman called Lusamine? I actually think Gladion is related to The Aether foundation,

I didn't catch that Lusamine was the president at first- I edited my post accordingly once I realized that; hence "Lillie's father is the true President of the Aether Foundation".

Still working off of that leak for my theories.

They're really changing things up.

Also, Lusamine has the exact same hair color and eye color as Lillie, as well as a very similar facial structure.

I didn't catch that Lusamine was the president at first- I edited my post accordingly once I realized that; hence "Lillie's father is the true President of the Aether Foundation".

Still working off of that leak for my theories.

I know that. I was being sarcastic. :P

Lusamine is either Lillie's hot mama or big sister.

Alolan Raticate:

Because urban areas are their main habitat, their diet is higher in calories than ordinary Raticate. As a result, they have become hefty.

Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes.

Alolan Raticate continually stockpile huge amounts of food in their nests. They mostly prefer to send out Alolan Rattata to gather food while they themselves stay home in their nests and just eat.

Alolan Raticate is the Totem Pokémon of the trial that takes place in Verdant Cavern on Melemele Island in Pokémon Moon.* It summons Rattata to help it confront those who take on the trial.

*Gumshoos appears as the Totem Pokémon in Verdant Cavern in Pokémon Sun.

Jangmo-o:

Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior, although it remains humble about its capabilities. In its pursuit to become stronger, it never neglects its training.

Because Jangmo-o uses the scales on its head for both offense and defense, it never turns its back to its enemies. Many Trainers see this behavior and take it as proof that Jangmo-o is a valiant Pokémon.

Jangmo-o gather in harsh locales like canyons, where no other people or Pokémon are around, to live together as they train.

Type: Null:

This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.

UB-01:

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

My guess it that Yungoos and Alolan Rattata are version exclusives.

Edited by Lightchao42

I'm actually

really intrigued by all of this.

Lillie seems like she's clearly connected to the Aether Foundation - same color scheme, even looks like Lusamine. And since the Aether Foundation more likely that not is trying to stop Team Skull, so Lillie is probably related to the President (daughter? niece?) and uses her connections with them and the professor to assist you on your journey.

And all the new Pokemon look really cool - well, and then there's Raticate but... it's a Raticate. I don't know what you were expecting. But holy shit, Type: Null? UB-01? UB-01 is REALLY interesting because it's got nearly the exact same color scheme as Lillie. Crack-pot theory time. Lillie is actually a Pokemon disguised as a human trying to assist its fellow legendaries from being stolen and used for evil by Team Skull. Plot twist.

And ULTRA BEASTS. BOY. STUFF'S GETTING REAL.

(Also Gladion is cute af. I'd let him fight me.)

Also

Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes.

Amazing. Ratatouille is real and alive in 2016.

Edited by Vashiane

I dunno why but when Gladion's trainer intro came up I felt something cut me.

Ultra-Beasts look intresting, that screech from UB-01 though. Fucking cut my ears in half why don't you.

Type: Null is a weird name for a poke. I think it might be an artificially created pokemon like Mewtwo

They're related 100% percent. I''m guessing siblings since Lusamine looks WAY too young to be their mother

B/W2 mother wants to say hello.

But yeah, I'm definitely thinking siblings as well. Surprised I didn't catch Gladion immediately.