Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those reveals kinda eclipsed the other cool things. Moon and Sun have inversed day and night cycle.

And we have our Pokemon Snap sequel. Kinda...

I'm actually

really intrigued by all of this.

Lillie seems like she's clearly connected to the Aether Foundation - same color scheme, even looks like Lusamine. And since the Aether Foundation more likely that not is trying to stop Team Skull, so Lillie is probably related to the President (daughter? niece?) and uses her connections with them and the professor to assist you on your journey.

And all the new Pokemon look really cool - well, and then there's Raticate but... it's a Raticate. I don't know what you were expecting. But holy shit, Type: Null? UB-01? UB-01 is REALLY interesting because it's got nearly the exact same color scheme as Lillie. Crack-pot theory time. Lillie is actually a Pokemon disguised as a human trying to assist its fellow legendaries from being stolen and used for evil by Team Skull. Plot twist.

And ULTRA BEASTS. BOY. STUFF'S GETTING REAL.

(Also Gladion is cute af. I'd let him fight me.)

Also

Amazing. Ratatouille is real and alive in 2016.

UB-01's movements "ressemble those of a young girl." There's definitely a link between those two.

This may not be far from the truth, actually.

Ultra-Beasts reminds me about the eaters in Digimon Story : Cyber-Sleuths.

And in French, They're called Ultra-Chimeras, whiel an actual Chimera is revealed (Type:Null). Coincidence ?

I'm sensing some family drama in all of this! Kinda cool actually!

And Aether Foundantion is definitively evil.

Wait, does this mean that we might team up with Guzma?

Type: Null is...interesting. They have my attention...

And why do I get the feeling that UB-01 might not be a Pokemon at all...

Oh! And the bio seems to imply that the new Dragon type might end up Dragon/Fighting.

I'm sensing some family drama in all of this! Kinda cool actually!

And Aether Foundantion is definitively evil.

Wait, does this mean that we might team up with Guzma?

Type: Null is...interesting. They have my attention...

And why do I get the feeling that UB-01 might not be a Pokemon at all...

Oh! And the bio seems to imply that the new Dragon type might end up Dragon/Fighting.

Actually, Guzma's name derives from a type of flower that grows on trees... but doesn't really harm them.

Not to keep tooting my own horn, but I believe he's still a villain- but is linked to the Foundation. All guesses are that he's being payed to form and control Team Skull so the Foundation can gain a heroic reputation and mask their true intentions.

All those reveals kinda eclipsed the other cool things. Moon and Sun have inversed day and night cycle.

UB-01's movements "ressemble those of a young girl." There's definitely a link between those two.

And in French, They're called Ultra-Chimeras, whiel an actual Chimera is revealed (Type:Null). Coincidence ?

UB-01 looks an awful lot like Lille though.

What the actual ****.

What has Pokemon become anymore?

Edited by The DanMan

Well, I'm here and it shouldn't take too long so ~

If UB-01 is actually Lillie, I'll eat my own hat. (That's actually a little sad, in a way. You go and make a friend you thoroughly believe is human and then you find out they're the unnamed, unexplained monstrous threat and you're going to have to take them down.)

Okay but, with all this in mind. What if Lusamine is Lillie's mother? Just, not in the way we're expecting her to be. Lusamine created UB-01, and it takes the form of a young girl, which is its favorite form. Lusamine raised Lillie like she was her daughter and most people know nothing about the truth, because UB-01 is smart enough to not reveal itself.

Except Gladion knows. Gladion knows, and he knows that UB-01 is dangerous and he's sickened by the thought that Lusamine is just letting this thing wreck havoc for The Foundation's amusement, so he rebels against The Foundation and joins Team Skull, and tells Guzma, and Guzma makes Gladion his enforcer and sends him to scout out for UB-01 while Guzma and Plumeria build up their resources to confront The Foundation.

What the actual ****.

What has Pokemon become anymore?

Forgetting someone?

Actually let me be blatantly clear with what I'm referencing here: The Lostlorn Forest event in Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

TD;LR

a Zoroark deliberately takes the form of a human woman to trick people and pokemon away from her home.

Edited by Vashiane

I like how everyone is just assuming that the Aether Foundation is evil. I mean, they have a President, and that's a no-no for me, but come on! Although, if they are evil, that could be a decent plot twist for kids, and may I submit the following as the leader of the Aether Foundation and Lillie's father: Colress. I mean, it makes so much sense.

UB-01 looks an awful lot like Lille though.

Oops someone already said that. I agree. But more because of Hat/Hair/Leg similarities.

Holy shit, you're right. It's her hair and hat. O_o

Pokemon is totally going down the rabbit hole.

Actually, Guzma's name derives from a type of flower that grows on trees... but doesn't really harm them.

Not to keep tooting my own horn, but I believe he's still a villain- but is linked to the Foundation. All guesses are that he's being payed to form and control Team Skull so the Foundation can gain a heroic reputation and mask their true intentions.[/quote

The reason I think Team Skull is actually not evil, is the fact that they seem to honestly care about each other.

For example, the reason why Plumeria wants to battle you is the fact that the player kept picking on her younger brothers and sisters.

It seems to me that Team Skull might actually be simply a group of outcasts that found solace on each other. They might think of themselves as one big family.

Forgetting someone?

Actually let me be blatantly clear with what I'm referencing here: The Lostlorn Forest event in Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

TD;LR

a Zoroark deliberately takes the form of a human woman to trick people and pokemon away from her home.

Yeah, but still... there's "random Zoroark event" and there's "character who's said to be important to the story is actually a Pokemon".

So much of this is just so crazy- if any leak had said this stuff, it would've been dismissed outright.

Not to keep tooting my own horn, but I believe he's still a villain- but is linked to the Foundation. All guesses are that he's being payed to form and control Team Skull so the Foundation can gain a heroic reputation and mask their true intentions.[/quote

The reason I think Team Skull is actually not evil, is the fact that they seem to honestly care about each other.

For example, the reason why Plumeria wants to battle you is the fact that the player kept picking on her younger brothers and sisters.

It seems to me that Team Skull might actually be simply a group of outcasts that found solace on each other. They might think of themselves as one big family.

I didn't say Team Skull was evil- I'm saying that Guzma himself probably is. The average Skull Grunt wouldn't know about it- hence they could be mostly harmless people who Guzma riled up and banded together for his and his employer's intentions.

I like how everyone is just assuming that the Aether Foundation is evil. I mean, they have a President, and that's a no-no for me, but come on! Although, if they are evil, that could be a decent plot twist for kids, and may I submit the following as the leader of the Aether Foundation and Lillie's father: Colress. I mean, it makes so much sense.

They have actual goons, so having to fight them at some point wouldn't be impossible.

Design Wise, we have Faba who looks clearly evil, Wicke who looks clearly goo, and Lusamine who could go both way.

And some may also be influenced by the leak we had a while ago (Though the informations doesn't totally adds up so far...)

At first I thought they may be the Elite Four equivalent... Though both can be true actually.

​Colress... That's an interresting idea.

Yeah, but still... there's "random Zoroark event" and there's "character who's said to be important to the story is actually a Pokemon".

So much of this is just so crazy- if any leak had said this stuff, it would've been dismissed outright.

I didn't say Team Skull was evil- I'm saying that Guzma himself probably is. The average Skull Grunt wouldn't know about it- hence they could be mostly harmless people who Guzma riled up and banded together for his and his employer's intentions.

I mean, it's canonically happened though. Zoroark is known for being an illusion Pokemon. It has the same ability as Ditto, and isn't there something in canon about Ditto being able to shift into people, or is that also a theory?

Actually, speaking of theories we've already got that really popular theory that Ditto are actually failed clones of Mewtwo. Mewtwo, which is a created Pokemon.

They might have been trying to make something else and got UB-01 instead, which could tie into its instability and ability to change forms.

I mean, these are all just theories, but there's enough little hints from past instances with shifting into humans and the flavor text from the site itself to make this something to think about, at the least.

Can we take a moment to talk about how Gladios looks like a Stand User from jojo?

14225458_10209562852126510_7675346350407

Anyway, the differences of 12 hours between Sun and Moon seems to bring some minor but cool...well, differences between the games that aren't Pokemon.

Lusamine gives me Ghecis vibration with her "We want to help Pokemon :)" , when she most likely have different and probablt dangerous objectives in her mind.

UB-01 really intrigues me and I'm looking forward to see more of it.

Taken from YouTube:

"Aether Foundation and Team Skull are evil. Team Skull steals and profits off pokemon, while Aether takes pokemon to "protect them" from Team Skull and experiments on them creating artificial pokemon. The Legendary pokemons' power are probably being used to create the Ultra Beasts. The Ultra Beasts will be artificial pokemon. At some point in the game Professor Kukui and Team Skull's leader Guzma will make up and become friends again. Guzma will try to make amends for what he's done. Team Skull then helps you and the professor (along with most likely the Trial Captains) to defeat The Aether Foundation, the true bad guys of this game."

I think it sounds plausible, and it'd certainly make a rather interesting plot. UB-01's bio states it moves like a girl would, so I assume everyone is already suspecting it's related to Lilith.

So uh, family drama and botched experiments? I've got to say, I'm getting mighty interested in the story, even if they're nothing but theories at the present. I will say that if the Aether Foundation proves to be nothing but good, I'll be disappointed; they came on real strong in that trailer.

And unrelated to the plot: I think that the little dragon we saw will be the first Dragon/Fighting type, if its bio is any indication. If we get yet another Dragon/Ground or Dragon/Flying, I might just scream a little.

Edited by Thane

I think it sounds plausible, and it'd certainly make a rather interesting plot. UB-01's bio states it moves like a girl would, so I assume everyone is already suspecting it's related to Lilith.

Oh god, don't bring Fates into this!

Anyways, that was an overall nice surprise this morning.

Oh god, don't bring Fates into this!

Anyways, that was an overall nice surprise this morning.

tumblr_o8ji0u8HUI1v02uteo1_500.jpg

Well now that you mention it...

Edit: Oooh, her name is Lillie. Okay. Now I get it.

Let's hope Lillie doesn't become as meaningless to the story as Lilith did for some inexplicable reason.

Edited by Thane

Back when Lillie was revealed I didn't care much about her, now she has me stumped. I'm not sure whether I lean more towards her being a pokemon or her being related to those Team Skull and Aether Foundation characters. Or maybe the truth is somewhere in between.

Also thinking more about what I said in my last post, though I'm not sure how plausible it is I'll submit the idea of the Aether Foundation not being evil, but misguided in some of their methods(perhaps involving experiments with artificial pokemon).

While I was initially against Aether Foundation being evil because of predictability, but they could still do interesting stuff with that regardless. Also I love the idea of possibly teaming up with our boy Guzma.