Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Crazy theory time: Lillie and Lusamine are Ultra Beasts, with Lillie being UB-01, and Lusamine being UB-00. They are mother-daughter, with the father being the original Ultra Beast. The other notable Aether Foundation people may or not be Ultra Beasts too. I also think Gladion is Lusamine's child, but with a human, namely Guzma. Gladion has Ultra Beast DNA inside him, trying to change him, and that's why his left arm is always shaking. It may also be why he keeps his right eye hidden, as it's the most likely to go through changes (I know you can barely see it in his battle pose/whatever, but bear with me). He is UB-0.5 as he's only partially an Ultra Beast born from UB-00. He may have stole Type: Null from the Aether Foundation before running off and joining Team Skull and his father.

I know there's very little chance of all of this being true, but I'd be surprised if none of this is true, discounting obvious stuff.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE LET THIS BE THE CASE

Honestly, Guzma never struck me as a bad guy, or at least not bad enough to lead an evil team. There's a reason they showed us dialogue in his introduction trailer that seemed to humanize him somewhat. Hell, all of Team Skull so far has come across as rather comical, incompetent and almost misguided more than anything else, but I might be speaking too soon, of course.

I hope he's being manipulated (the good old fashioned kind of manipulation, not Pokémon magic mumbo jumbo) and then wants his revenge once he realizes what he's done/been fooled, so he teams up with us.

Also, another thing,

This reversal of time between versions bothers me for some reason.

I might change from Moon to Sun actually. Not sure yet.

What are your opinions on this time reversal thing?

This sounds interesting- not enough to make me change my purchase, of course.

I'm thinking that, for instance, Alolan Ratatta will be found in the spots Yungoose is found during nighttime and vice versa. They're not version exclusives as much as they are exclusive to certain times- which makes the former easier to get in Moon and the latter easier to get in Sun.

Can we take a moment to talk about how Gladios looks like a Stand User from jojo?

14225458_10209562852126510_7675346350407

Ow the edge.

Anyways, I'm thinking that if Lillie's UB-01, then Gladion may be UB-02 and Lusmine is UB-03- Lillie was the prototype, with the latter two being much more stable. She won't be dangerous as much as misunderstood, and is trying to work against the Aether Foundation- who paints her as a dangerous monstrosity.

Also it still keeps the sibling theming.

Anyways, I'm thinking that if Lillie's UB-01, then Gladion may be UB-02 and Lusmine is UB-03- Lillie was the prototype, with the latter two being much more stable. She won't be dangerous as much as misunderstood, and is trying to work against the Aether Foundation- who paints her as a dangerous monstrosity.

Also it still keeps the sibling theming.

I like it, but I personally believe/hope UB-01 is BASED on Lillie, not that they're one and the same. I don't expect that kind of plot twist here, but again I'm just stating my preferences and scattered thoughts.

This was one heck of a trailer, I must say. I really liked it.

Edit: so, if Type: Null is a chimera, and we've already got a lion eating the sun, they're really driving home that alchemy theme, huh? I've seen it being discussed before, but it's pretty cool stuff. I wonder where they'll go with this. Dare I hope for a good Pokémon story? Maybe the Aether Foundation are the ones constructing these new things.

Edited by Thane

Wow, just like others, I'm a little confused at this update too. :P

I'm the most confused about that creature called Type: Null. Why'd they name it THAT? What the heck's that supposed to mean? o.O

Otherwise, this stuff still looks neat anyway! Makes me really want to play the game now just to figure out what the hell all this stuff is. lol

Japanese trailer, has a lot more details and stuff.

EDIT: That music and those appearances... the people who give the Zygarde cube are Sina and Dexio, Sycamore's assistants.

Edited by The DanMan

Sun and Moon taking place 12 hours apart is pretty cool, but that could mean time isn't back. That'll stay day in Sun and night in Moon.

Wow, just like others, I'm a little confused at this update too. :P

I'm the most confused about that creature called Type: Null. Why'd they name it THAT? What the heck's that supposed to mean? o.O

Otherwise, this stuff still looks neat anyway! Makes me really want to play the game now just to figure out what the hell all this stuff is. lol

Type: Null is a synthetic Pokemon made to have the strength of various Pokemon (so that Skull could have a Pokemon stronger than a legendary) so they decided to name it type: nothing for the mask it wears, I think. Or something to do with that. They just decided to call it literally nothing.

[spoiler=UB-01 and Lillie]A lot of people have been connecting UB-01 to Lillie because of it's appearance and how it acts like a little girl. Either that she is UB-01, or just has UB-01 in her bag and it just acts like her. I doubt the bag theory because, since it's not a Pokemon, it couldn't go into a Pokeball. It would be interesting if she was UB-01 though.

Man, Sun and Moon have been getting a little darker. A fake Pokemon made basically from several other Pokemon and a blob that isn't even a Pokemon and acts like a little girl.

Umm everyone, nobody noticed the 2 kids who keeps updating the pokédex in x and y are in this game too (we even have the same music in the Japanese trailer)? But they are adults now, does that mean sun and moon is after x and y?

Edited by Nym

Speaking of Type: Null, there's something interesting that I' e noticed about it's name.

Null can mean empty or lacking and it's type is Normal, which can be considered an "empty" type. Normal type are even called Coloress in the Pokemon Card Game.

Could it be that there are other Type: Pokemon, of different types?

Such as Water-Type: Aqua, Fairy-Type: Fae, Fire-Type: Pyros and so on.

Or maybe, Type: Null can change types, like a certain legendary Pokemon...

c21.png

And the bio says:

"To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology"

In other words, it was created with legedary Pokemon in mind.

A new day, a new summary post. Let's just knock this out real quick, shall we?

*Just note that for this post to lay out The Facts so no theorycrafting from me in this post.

New Pokemon/Alolan Forms

We have a total of 3 (4?) new Pokemon shown off in this video. In this section I'm only going to mention 3 because frankly, the fourth deserves its own section.

Type: Null

d06a9fca548278a611312a9c1ffba8b9.png

4f9ff859388d8e02d950a95852407e01.png

This is a... very interesting Pokemon. Its category and its design clearly point to it being synthetic (it is literally known as the Synthetic Pokemon), and the helmet that Type: Null wears is said to hinder its agility but also that it was designed with the intent to rival legendary Pokemon in strength, meaning that it's likely to be a slow, but very hard-hitting.

It's also stated that Type: Null was created to "to complete a certain mission", and that mission required it to be able to be just as strong as legendaries. Interesting indeed.

Jangmo-o

8bf4c89940d3abe9ea8d1a2586098806.png

Precious smol.

Known as the Scaly Pokemon, it has a lot of pride in its tiny little body about its personal training regime, which it uses to hone its fighting skills and become stronger. It never turns it back on its opponent, so trainer of Alola believe that Jangmo-o is a very valiant and brave Pokemon (although really it's just more strategically sound for it to keep facing forward). They also tend to gather in groups in canyons and caves and help each other train (possibly a hoard encounter?).

Also interesting to note that while Bulletproof isn't a new ability, its only been seen as a hidden ability for a Gen 6 starter. Bulletproof renders bullet and bomb moves utterly ineffective, and some cannon moves.

Alolan Raticate

b8a0ab6e25bfe1aeb472eedf91ea8ad3.png

He Big.

Since these Raricates tend to live in urban areas, their diets are richer in calories and the end result is... [/gestures vaguely in AR's direction] That.

They're also appreciated by Alolan chefs because of their very advanced taste buds, so chefs will use Raticates to shop for ingredients and taste test new recipes. Raticatouille, anyone?

Time Differences

Pokemon Sun and Moon are set 12 hours apart, which will affect how various events in the game play out. This is... interesting, especially considering how Pokemon tends to function on the DS' internal clock. Will Pokemon Moon be twelve hours ahead? Or behind? As of yet, there's not enough information to draw on how things would change.

The Aether Foundation

The Aether Foundation is a organization that cares for injured Pokemon and operates from an artificial island called Aether Paraside. (Located on that odd island in the middle of the four main islands?) It's also stated that they conduct various research projects here.

Anyway, let's meet them!

Lusamine

3edf5a28c68da90c3ae641ee4898fb6e.png

Lusamine is the Aether Foundation's President, seemingly in charge of the entire organization. She appears to be quite caring, stating that she'll gladly share her love to all Pokemon in need of it, even Pokemon from other regions. (Although the word choice of being worthy of her love is interesting. What if something wasn't?)

Faba

31cc46a2518d212d8a1399ef90f687bb.png

Slim Shady.

Faba is known as a Branch Chief, an odd title as we're not certain what "branch" means. Do they have another location? Maybe smaller locations? It's currently up for speculation. We can't glean much about him (other than that he loves his sunglasses), but he does tell us where Aether Paradise is, which I've already mentioned above.

Wicke

8c555392482bd3a33d963b7f9cdcd916.png

Wicke is also as mystery, as she's mentioned to be an assistant Branch Chief, probably an assistant to Faba. She's said to be very caring and kind, making her well-loved by other Aether employees. She specifically mentions keeping Pokemon that are targeted by Team Skull here, and Pokemon that simply need extra protection. The first few Pokemon that come to mind are Pyukumuku, Bounsweet, Wimpod, and Wishiwashi (bless their tiny selves, they're trying), so it's possible that we'll meet a few in Aether Paradise.

The Aether organization also has employees under its service, essentially grunts, but it is interesting to note that it's mentioned that their uniform changes depending on which branch they work under. A little detail, but one to pay attention to in case it comes up.

Gladion

66a4c8f41dbee1437414b5170ec75797.png

Gladion is a Team Skull Enforcer, seemingly helping Guzma keep Team Skull's goals in order. He's also quite mysterious, but it's mentioned that his preferred Pokemon partner is Type: Null. This is definitely a fact to keep in mind for later, not to mention the possible questions that raise from his appearance.

Zygarde Cells and Cores

Another short section because there isn't much to mention that we didn't already know. Although, there IS one interesting bit, and that's exactly who is giving you the quest to search for the cells and cores: it's Dexio and Sina, Professor Sycamore's assistants. It's nice to see them again!

Pokemon Sna - uh, Poke Finder

d721317ec485c850c119c5fd7bf764a2.png42bd7d8f8bea45ef94a94fe71bd2437c.png

This is a very interesting feature, as it appears to be an interactive camera feature that allows you to share your photos with other players in some kind of online album where people can rate the quality of the photos they see. It's also been shown that your Rotom Pokedex can interact with both you and this feature, which is a nice touch!

Ultra Beasts

4ad20b713e3a1a4b0439a9354a7f0e13.png

Ultra Beasts are a new and extremely mysterious addition. They are deeply feared due to their strange powers and capability to pose a threat to both humans and Pokemon. There are multiple of these Ultra Beasts, and they're all referenced to be a code name. The Aether Foundation is also using its research branch to try and learn more about these creatures.

UB-01, the Ultra Beast introduced in this trailer, is described as being comprised of a glass-like substances, yet it can and does freely change shapes often. It is unknown whether the creature has any sense of willpower or capacity for emotions, it is observed to have some kind of survival instinct, and its movement often mimic a young girl's.

And that, I do believe, is everything. Sorry about the wait for this, typing this up took longer than it normally does. ~~

Edited by Vashiane

A new day, a new summary post. Let's just knock this out real quick, shall we?

*Just note that for this post to lay out The Facts so no theorycrafting from me in this post.

New Pokemon/Alolan Forms

We have a total of 3 (4?) new Pokemon shown off in this video. In this section I'm only going to mention 3 because frankly, the fourth deserves its own section.

Type: Null

d06a9fca548278a611312a9c1ffba8b9.png

4f9ff859388d8e02d950a95852407e01.png

This is a... very interesting Pokemon. Its category and its design clearly point to it being synthetic (it is literally known as the Synthetic Pokemon), and the helmet that Type: Null wears is said to hinder its agility but also that it was designed with the intent to rival legendary Pokemon in strength, meaning that it's likely to be a slow, but very hard-hitting.

It's also stated that Type: Null was created to "to complete a certain mission", and that mission required it to be able to be just as strong as legendaries. Interesting indeed.

Jangmo-o

8bf4c89940d3abe9ea8d1a2586098806.png

Precious smol.

Known as the Scaly Pokemon, it has a lot of pride in its tiny little body about its personal training regime, which it uses to hone its fighting skills and become stronger. It never turns it back on its opponent, so trainer of Alola believe that Jangmo-o is a very valiant and brave Pokemon (although really it's just more strategically sound for it to keep facing forward). They also tend to gather in groups in canyons and caves and help each other train (possibly a hoard encounter?).

Also interesting to note that while Bulletproof isn't a new ability, its only been seen as a hidden ability for a Gen 6 starter. Bulletproof renders bullet and bomb moves utterly ineffective, and some cannon moves.

Alolan Raticate

b8a0ab6e25bfe1aeb472eedf91ea8ad3.png

He Big.

Since these Raricates tend to live in urban areas, their diets are richer in calories and the end result is... [/gestures vaguely in AR's direction] That.

They're also appreciated by Alolan chefs because of their very advanced taste buds, so chefs will use Raticates to shop for ingredients and taste test new recipes. Raticatouille, anyone?

Time Differences

Pokemon Sun and Moon are set 12 hours apart, which will affect how various events in the game play out. This is... interesting, especially considering how Pokemon tends to function on the DS' internal clock. Will Pokemon Moon be twelve hours ahead? Or behind? As of yet, there's not enough information to draw on how things would change.

The Aether Foundation

The Aether Foundation is a organization that cares for injured Pokemon and operates from an artificial island called Aether Paraside. (Located on that odd island in the middle of the four main islands?) It's also stated that they conduct various research projects here.

Anyway, let's meet them!

Lusamine

3edf5a28c68da90c3ae641ee4898fb6e.png

Lusamine is the Aether Foundation's President, seemingly in charge of the entire organization. She appears to be quite caring, stating that she'll gladly share her love to all Pokemon in need of it, even Pokemon from other regions. (Although the word choice of being worthy of her love is interesting. What if something wasn't?)

Faba

31cc46a2518d212d8a1399ef90f687bb.png

Slim Shady.

Faba is known as a Branch Chief, an odd title as we're not certain what "branch" means. Do they have another location? Maybe smaller locations? It's currently up for speculation. We can't glean much about him (other than that he loves his sunglasses), but he does tell us where Aether Paradise is, which I've already mentioned above.

Wicke

8c555392482bd3a33d963b7f9cdcd916.png

Wicke is also as mystery, as she's mentioned to be an assistant Branch Chief, probably an assistant to Faba. She's said to be very caring and kind, making her well-loved by other Aether employees. She specifically mentions keeping Pokemon that are targeted by Team Skull here, and Pokemon that simply need extra protection. The first few Pokemon that come to mind are Pyukumuku, Bounsweet, Wimpod, and Wishiwashi (bless their tiny selves, they're trying), so it's possible that we'll meet a few in Aether Paradise.

The Aether organization also has employees under its service, essentially grunts, but it is interesting to note that it's mentioned that their uniform changes depending on which branch they work under. A little detail, but one to pay attention to in case it comes up.

Gladion

66a4c8f41dbee1437414b5170ec75797.png

Gladion is a Team Skull Enforcer, seemingly helping Guzma keep Team Skull's goals in order. He's also quite mysterious, but it's mentioned that his preferred Pokemon partner is Type: Null. This is definitely a fact to keep in mind for later, not to mention the possible questions that raise from his appearance.

Zygarde Cells and Cores

Another short section because there isn't much to mention that we didn't already know. Although, there IS one interesting bit, and that's exactly who is giving you the quest to search for the cells and cores: it's Dexio and Sina, Professor Sycamore's assistants. It's nice to see them again!

Pokemon Sna - uh, Poke Finder

d721317ec485c850c119c5fd7bf764a2.png42bd7d8f8bea45ef94a94fe71bd2437c.png

This is a very interesting feature, as it appears to be an interactive camera feature that allows you to share your photos with other players in some kind of online album where people can rate the quality of the photos they see. It's also been shown that your Rotom Pokedex can interact with both you and this feature, which is a nice touch!

Ultra Beasts

4ad20b713e3a1a4b0439a9354a7f0e13.png

Ultra Beasts are a new and extremely mysterious addition. They are deeply feared due to their strange powers and capability to pose a threat to both humans and Pokemon. There are multiple of these Ultra Beasts, and they're all referenced to be a code name. The Aether Foundation is also using its research branch to try and learn more about these creatures.

UB-01, the Ultra Beast introduced in this trailer, is described as being comprised of a glass-like substances, yet it can and does freely change shapes often. It is unknown whether the creature has any sense of willpower or capacity for emotions, it is observed to have some kind of survival instinct, and its movement often mimic a young girl's.

And that, I do believe, is everything. Sorry about the wait for this, typing this up took longer than it normally does. ~~

Thank you, as always.

The JP trailer shows what seems to be UB-01 coming out of a portal. Was it confirmed to be artificial...?

Also Gladion has that aching blood, his pokeball hand is twitching.

[/throws myself into a hole] I am never getting out of Owain hell ever, it seems.

Looks like the Japanese trailer debunks the Fighting type Alolan Alakazam rumor/leak. Unless GameFreak deliberately put in a normal one to keep the Alolan one hidden, but then why not just use a different Pokemon that won't get an Alolan form?

Train On #2

Cutiefly's evolution (whether the direct evolution or if there's a stage in between is unknown) at 1:01

Minior learns Swift

Mimikyu had 130 HP at level 50, so it probably has a base HP of 55.

Edited by Konnor97

Isn't aether an element or something? So there's another reference to alchemy. I'm guessing Lillie takes that appearance as a human since Lusamine made/found and treated her nice Treating experiments nice what is this?! WOW GUYS THERE'S AN EDGY GUY ON TEAM SKULL! THERE'S YOUR EDGY RIVAL YOU WANTED! But if Gladion is related to Lusamine I wonder why he joined team skull. So i'm guessing there might be more artificial pokemon and inanimate ones so prepare for some complaining by others.

I mean, it's Wikipedia, but here's a whole little explanation of the archaic meaning of aether.

It's basically classified as the fifth Western element, along the likes of fire, water, earth, and air, 'cept a lot of things prefer to stick to the classic four since aether is harder to grasp as a concept.