Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Well, isn't that where the "extremist" part comes in? His plan was to save the world, after all. Of course, I never did understand why he'd want to recreate the world with the Team Flare morons he assembled, but hey.

Oh absolutely, but I doubt they'd be introduced if they weren't going to be used as, well, expendables.

I'm sort of surprised it hasn't been done sooner, at least to my knowledge. Maybe it's too dark for the target audience? I mean, I believe UB-01 is based on Lillie, not that they're one and the same, but if it indeed IS Lillie, then that's some creepy shit.

The grunts will still be grunts, true- they just don't seem to be scumbags like in the past, and may have some doubts about their employer.

You want to know some creepy shit that I'd say is too dark for the target audience?

Somebody trying to commit genocide against virtually every living creature, human and animal alike.

The fact X and Y did it so thinly veiled and still got away with an E rating confuses me to this day. Also, in Malva's appearance in that games' Looker quest, she says "Make one wrong move and prepare to die for your actions." Yes, she actually says die.

Considering we have that as precedence, who knows what Sun and Moon will do- they've got an E rating, but that's pretty inconsequential given the above.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grunts will still be grunts, true- they just don't seem to be scumbags like in the past, and may have some doubts about their employer.

You want to know some creepy shit that I'd say is too dark for the target audience?

Somebody trying to commit genocide against virtually every living creature, human and animal alike.

The fact X and Y did it so thinly veiled and still got away with an E rating confuses me to this day. Also, in Malva's appearance in that games' Looker quest, she says "Make one wrong move and prepare to die for your actions." Yes, she actually says die.

Considering we have that as precedence, who knows what Sun and Moon will do- they've got an E rating, but that's pretty inconsequential given the above.

Don't forget about N's backstory.

Ghetsis isn't winning any parent of the year awards anytime soon.

I agree, at least from what we've seen so far.

Sure, but aren't 10-year-olds used to that sort of thing? Isn't the step after the generic "take over the world for the lulz" the equally generic "destroy the world for the lulz"? Don't get me wrong, I raised an eyebrow at that myself, but I feel as if though a girl being turned into a dangerous, unfeeling monster - provided that's what's going to happen - would be a lot darker and more personal. It's a lot more "faceless" to say you'll just destroy the world, as you don't focus on the details of what exactly that would entail.

Speaking of ages, isn't Pokémon's demographic aging rapidly? I could've sworn I read somewhere that Nintendo was discussing how more adults than kids play the games.

Edited by Thane

I agree, at least from what we've seen so far.

Sure, but aren't 10-year-olds used to that sort of thing? Isn't the step after the generic "take over the world for the lulz" the equally generic "destroy the world for the lulz"? Don't get me wrong, I raised an eyebrow at that myself, but I feel as if though a girl being turned into a dangerous, unfeeling monster - provided that's what's going to happen - would be a lot darker and more personal. It's a lot more "faceless" to say you'll just destroy the world, as you don't focus on the details of what exactly that would entail.

Speaking of ages, isn't Pokémon's demographic aging rapidly? I could've sworn I read somewhere that Nintendo was discussing how more adults than kids play the games.

The thing is, the game briefly focused upon it- they did a whole close-up of Lysandre shedding a tear, and there was some back-and-forth on the "no pokemon left" aspect part of it. While yeah it didn't dwell on it or the implications as a whole, the fact is that those implications could be easily drawn definitely feels a bit too dark for a game that's 7+ in the US/6+ in Europe. Actually, in Australia X and Y got a higher rating than other games in the series- presumably partially to do with the 3D graphics and Pokemon reacting to pain in battle, but I'd also say that this played a part in it.

Really, I'd say X and Y should be E10+.

As for Lillie being UB01, nobody knows- if she is, I'd say that she wouldn't be monstrous or villainous; just misunderstood and trying to get back at those who made her. I don't know, nor does anyone else. I'm open to the possibility of it being so, I'm open to it just being a lab creation trying to mimic her- there's so much that can be theorized about, which means there's so much we simply don't know.

The thing is, the game briefly focused upon it- they did a whole close-up of Lysandre shedding a tear, and there was some back-and-forth on the "no pokemon left" aspect part of it. While yeah it didn't dwell on it or the implications as a whole, the fact is that those implications could be easily drawn definitely feels a bit too dark for a game that's 7+ in the US/6+ in Europe. Actually, in Australia X and Y got a higher rating than other games in the series- presumably partially to do with the 3D graphics and Pokemon reacting to pain in battle, but I'd also say that this played a part in it.

Really, I'd say X and Y should be E10+.

Maybe you're right. I've never cared much for the ratings, so I won't pretend like I've got a good grasp of what's suitable and not. The rules do seem rather arbitrary at times though.

Lysandre shedding a tear is not really focusing on it though. Yeah it shows he's got a heart but we don't get to see those who'd be devestated by the world being destroyed. Personal conflicts, those that are more in-depth and focus on a few individuals, usually portray darker themes better and make them feel closer to the player, in my opinion, which is why I said Lillie being UB-01 had the potential to be more messed up.

As for Lillie being UB01, nobody knows- if she is, I'd say that she wouldn't be monstrous or villainous; just misunderstood and trying to get back at those who made her. I don't know, nor does anyone else. I'm open to the possibility of it being so, I'm open to it just being a lab creation trying to mimic her- there's so much that can be theorized about, which means there's so much we simply don't know.

Absolutely. While infuriating, it does make it sort of fun. I know I shouldn't, but I really hope they'll take this in an interesting direction. So long as there's a good mystery behind it and we don't just solve the Ultra Beast problem (if they even are one to begin with) via the power of friendship or something like that, I think I'll be satisfied.

Speaking of things we don't know, there's apparently more news coming our way on Wednesday. http://nintendonews.com/blog/batch-pokemon-sun-moon-info-september-14/

Children are still definitely the major demographic of Pokemon, by a long shot. I've taught at schools and the enthusiasm from kids is staggering compared to adults. I think older fans are there but we are still eclipsed by kids in the 6-10 year old range. They just can't voice their opinions on the internet so it's a silent demographic.

Speaking of things we don't know, there's apparently more news coming our way on Wednesday. http://nintendonews.com/blog/batch-pokemon-sun-moon-info-september-14/

Already knew this. Wonder what it'll be so soon after the previous trailer.

Funnily, we might actually get the contents of the trailer spoiled a day in advance- CoroCoro comes out on the 15th of each month, but usually leaks the 13th. Bets on it being a re-cap of both trailers.

Just hope they don't do what they did in X and Y and reveal virtually everything there is pre-release.

Just hope they don't do what they did in X and Y and reveal virtually everything there is pre-release.

I agree with this, and I also wonder what they'll show us so soon after such a big trailer. Do we know if it'll be a new trailer, or if they'll just release a few screen shots?

Back on the topic of Aether being possibly evil, they could be giving them "grunts" to fake us out.

Not super likely, but hey, it's not impossible either. I'd be up for some legit mind-games.

I'm still hoping Lusamine is a supporting character who shows up somewhat often.

I agree with this, and I also wonder what they'll show us so soon after such a big trailer. Do we know if it'll be a new trailer, or if they'll just release a few screen shots?

Don't know- I'd say it may be just a couple new 'mons and maybe, maaaybee UB-02. I'm almost certain it won't be as big as the most recent trailer.

Don't know- I'd say it may be just a couple new 'mons and maybe, maaaybee UB-02. I'm almost certain it won't be as big as the most recent trailer.

They'll probably talk about the Cutiefly evolution we saw and maybe Oak as well.

Some new leaks from Corocoro, but they don't reveal much actually.

3ae.jpg

1e9.jpg

Rockruff's evolution is called Lugarugan, and it's appearance depends on the time of the day that Rockruff evolves.

Other than that, no information was revealed. So we still don't know it's type or ability.

New Ultra Beasts

c9a.jpeg

The red one is called UB-02 Expansion and it's Sun exclusive.

The white one is called UB-02 Beauty and it's Moon exclusive.

UB-01's name is said to be a mystery, but it has a deep meaning.

Also, for those who are curious, according to the leak, Ash is gonna go back to school in the Sun and Moon anime.

Edited by Water Mage

UB-02 reminds me a lot of Lusamine + a Pokémon of Type Bug.

Maybe

Ultra beasts are created by mixing the DNA of a human and a Pokémon? I mean, It's probably something that a lot of people already tought, but still.

Btw, Lugarugan looks pretty cool, especially the nocturne version

Some new leaks from Corocoro, but they don't reveal much actually.

1e9.jpg

Rockruff's evolution is called Lugarugan, and it's appearance depends on the time of the day that Rockruff evolves.

Other than that, no information was revealed. So we still don't know it's type or ability.

Hey there, Keaton !

New Ultra Beasts

c9a.jpeg

The red one is called UB-02 Expansion and it's Sun exclusive.

The white one is called UB-02 Beauty and it's Moon exclusive.

UB-01's name is said to be a mystery, but it has a deep meaning.

UB-02 Beauty looks kinda like Lusamine. That, combined with UB-01 looking like Lillie, is starting to make me think that the whole Aether Foundation thing is just a coverup being run by the Ultra Beasts so they can observe Human/Pokemon society.

...Either that or the "UB-01 was created from/based on Lillie" theory is holding some water and UB-02 Beauty was created from/based on Lusamine. Or it's entirely unrelated and I'm seeing connections where there is none.

And I was juuuust about to swing in here with the images myself but -- there it is.

Okay Rockruff is awesome and I kind of want both forms but is anyone else looking at UB-02 Beauty and thinking what I'm thinking?

CsJkwrsWcAAW7Kv.jpg

Shame it doesn't give any indication of Lugarugan's typing.

As for UB-02 Beauty... yeah I'm thinking what everyone else is thinking.

But what's up with UB-02 Expansion? Is it the same as UB-02?

And I was juuuust about to swing in here with the images myself but -- there it is.

Okay Rockruff is awesome and I kind of want both forms but is anyone else looking at UB-02 Beauty and thinking what I'm thinking?

CsJkwrsWcAAW7Kv.jpg

Think just about every one of us is. Both theories each got a major boost here.

EDIT: Why didn't this occur to me sooner.

"Rockruff and the starters share a secret."

We know now that Rockruff has a split evolution depending on whether it evolves during the night or day.

Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that the starters will likewise have split evolutions determined by the time of day. I know they're not "split evolutions" technically, but look at Lugarugan's two forms: completely different designs, potentially different typing and abilities, almost certainly different stats. I'm kinda glad we have something this extreme compared to the "choose your secondary typing depending on what island it evolves on" rumors.

Edited by The DanMan

Shame it doesn't give any indication of Lugarugan's typing.

As for UB-02 Beauty... yeah I'm thinking what everyone else is thinking.

But what's up with UB-02 Expansion? Is it the same as UB-02?

Think just about every one of us is. Both theories each got a major boost here.

EDIT: Why didn't this occur to me sooner.

"Rockruff and the starters share a secret."

We know now that Rockruff has a split evolution depending on whether it evolves during the night or day.

Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that the starters will likewise have split evolutions determined by the time of day. I know they're not "split evolutions" technically, but look at Lugarugan's two forms: completely different designs, potentially different typing and abilities, almost certainly different stats. I'm kinda glad we have something this extreme compared to the "choose your secondary typing depending on what island it evolves on" rumors.

OMG

THIS WOULD BE SO COOL!

Maybe that's why the different versions are set at different times. While you could get either form in either day, maybe the daytime form will be more associated with Sun, and the nighttime form with Moon.

Watching Shofu's analysis, and saw that there's a screenshot of Expansion attacking Tapu Koko. ...Interesting.

EDIT: And Beauty is also shown fighting it! Expansion is during the day (Sun?), and Beauty is during the night (Moon?). Maybe Sun and Moon are going to take a page from recent FE games and have a scripted NPC battle or two?

EDIT: And he-llooo!

Beauty

UB02_Beauty_Posing.png

Lusamine

Screen_Shot_2016_09_06_at_9_34_34_AM.png

They're striking the exact same pose, but mirrored.

Edited by The DanMan

I must say I liked UB-01's design a LOT better; it looked so mysterious and otherwordly which would make it perfect for a good mystery. This design doesn't appeal to me at all, although I guess this essentially confirms a connection between Lillie and Lusamine somehow. I guess the question is figuring out just what that connection is; are they one and the same? Are the Ultra Beasts made from them somehow (or the other way around)? Are they just shaped in the image of them, or do they take their form? Remember that UB-01 often changes shape.

UB-02 Expansion...very obviously masculine...red and black color scheme...plus Beauty looking like Lusamine...Is that Gladion? It'd keep up with the theory they're related, and explain why he's having such trouble in his human form. It doesn't look half as much like Gladion as the others, possibly causing some issues between the two forms.

I'm surprised by Rockruff. I like the day evolution better.

Edited by Honey Bunny

I must say I liked UB-01's design a LOT better; it looked so mysterious and otherwordly which would make it perfect for a good mystery. This design doesn't appeal to me at all, although I guess this essentially confirms a connection between Lillie and Lusamine somehow. I guess the question is figuring out just what that connection is; are they one and the same? Are the Ultra Beasts made from them somehow (or the other way around)? Are they just shaped in the image of them, or do they take their form? Remember that UB-01 often changes shape.

Yeah- UB02 Beauty looks uncannily disturbing in an alien way, while as you said UB01 is otherworldly and unrelatable.

Also worth mentioning- apparently, UB01's name (we have UB02-Beauty and UB02-Expansion; therefore, I'm assuming it should be UB01-name) "is a mystery but may have a deep meaning."

Also, we'll see "the true strength of Type: Null" in the next CoroCoro.

UB-02 Expansion...very obviously masculine...red and black color scheme...plus Beauty looking like Lusamine...Is that Gladion? It'd keep up with the theory they're related, and explain why he's having such trouble in his human form. It doesn't look half as much like Gladion as the others, possibly causing some issues between the two forms.

Until we see more, I don't buy into the Gladion = Expansion theory. He has a tiny bit of a red, while Expansion has predominantly red. Considering they're both UB02 and have antenna, Expansion is probably just an alternate form for Beauty.