Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I wouldn't doubt it. They definitely don't feel like Pokemon. They feel like Etrian Odyssey bosses, actually...

I was thinking of something along those lines.

I just noticed something that reinforces the idea that Ultra Beasts are not Pokemon.

Usually, when a new Pokemon is revealed in a trailer, we can hear it's cry. However, when a Ultra Beast is revealed, there's no cry at all.

Maybe Ultra Beasts won't even have cries?

Well, the official site doesn't even consider them Pokemon (a threat to both humans and Pokemon), so I think it's safe to say that they won't be.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between Expansion and Absorption is an interesting one. Perhaps Absorption more accurately reflects how it expands...umm...grows in size...gets bigger...god this is hard.

god this is hard.

Awkwardness levels from these abilities turned up to 11.

I wouldn't doubt it. They definitely don't feel like Pokemon. They feel like Etrian Odyssey bosses, actually...

I didn't thought about that, but now that you says it.

...And considering EO2 plot, that could add water to the theories.

Also, I don't know who Drew your avi, but Lusamine looks even more like Stocking than usually.

Also, I don't know who Drew your avi, but Lusamine looks even more like Stocking than usually.

Kek, everyone with long hair and nice legs looks like Stocking.

Lusamine just happens to really fit.

G6Jr1FP.png

also here

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Lusamine-633070751 - My Avi

http://halphelt.deviantart.com/art/Lusamine-Daten-City-Form-635015779 - Image in Spoilers

If the Ultra Beasts aren't considered Pokemon, I wonder what they actually are supposed to be then... I guess just artificial creatures.

On another note, I forgot to add Alolan Raichu to that list of Pokemon I wanted to use that I mentioned earlier. xP

Gamexplain (and by Gamexplain, I mean Derrick Bitner, who seems to be pretty much solely running it nowadays) uploaded their analysis vids. Not much new outside of a few translations.

-When Hau is on Aether Paradise conversing with Lusamine, he points out how young she is. Big sis theory gains credibility.

-In the scene where Aether confronts Team Skull, Faba is actually present with one grunt (always saw it as two grunts).

-In the impending clash shots with UB02s, there's the collapsed remains of a bridge in the foreground of the Beauty shot- but not the Absorption one.

-The Trial Captains in the Japanese Overview Trailer were making the movements of the Z-moves related to their type.

Edited by The DanMan

-The Trial Captains in the Japanese Overview Trailer were making the movements of the Z-moves related to their type.

Not surprising, considering they most likely hold the Z-Crystals for their type.

-When Hau is on Aether Paradise conversing with Lusamine, he points out how young she is. Big sis theory gains credibility.

-In the impending clash shots with UB02s, there's the collapsed remains of a bridge in the foreground of the Beauty shot- but not the Absorption one.

Wait, these are news? Wasn't this in the English trailer as well?

Edited by Thane

Wait, these are news? Wasn't this in the English trailer as well?

Hau never said that in the English trailer. Also never made the connection between the poses the Trial Captains were doing and the Z-move poses. Ditto with the whole collapsed bridge situation with UB-02; didn't see it before or get pointed out.

Not "news" per se, but the most interesting things I took away from the analysis.

Edited by The DanMan

Hau never said that in the English trailer. Also never made the connection between the poses the Trial Captains were doing and the Z-move poses. Ditto with the whole collapsed bridge situation with UB-02; didn't see it before or get pointed out.

Not "news" per se, but the most interesting things I took away from the analysis.

Alright then. Personally the most interesting tidbit for me was that we get more news tomorrow, if I heard them right. The news just keep flooding in! Hopefully it's something a bit more substantial than last time, but maybe they'll keep that until the next issue of Corocoro.

Alright then. Personally the most interesting tidbit for me was that we get more news tomorrow, if I heard them right. The news just keep flooding in! Hopefully it's something a bit more substantial than last time, but maybe they'll keep that until the next issue of Corocoro.

All bets are on Rockruff's evolutions.

Edited by The DanMan

All bets are on Rockruff's evolutions.

Oh right, that makes sense. That's not much, but maybe we can get the typings at least.

It baffles me they're version exclusive when their evolutions are dependant on the time of day they evolve, but I didn't care for the edgehog anyway, and I think I'm getting Sun, so I suppose it matters little.

Oh right, that makes sense. That's not much, but maybe we can get the typings at least.

It baffles me they're version exclusive when their evolutions are dependant on the time of day they evolve, but I didn't care for the edgehog anyway, and I think I'm getting Sun, so I suppose it matters little.

Well, that's just what I expect for stuff we already know- there will probably be more than that.

And yeah, it's confusing as to why they're version exclusive rather than dependent on time of day. At least I like the werewolf more than the wolf wolf.

Sad that Lycanroc doesn't get any type changes- it's Midnight form screamed dark type.

Also... a rugby monkey.

A rugby monkey.

Rugby monkey.

You know, from the leaks?

Nothing mindblowing, but nice to see some version exclusives finally.

And I doubt that Z-move will effect Eevee's usage very much.

So the Monkey Pokemo. leak was true...

And Eevee's Z move is like:

"With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!"

I'm telling you, the Chinese leaks are from somebody on the Chinese localization team. They've been pretty legit so far, and these are the first Pokemon games to be localized in China after all.

Passimian:

Passimian is a Pokémon that only appears in Pokémon Sun. If you’re playing Pokémon Moon, you can obtain it by trading with someone playing Pokémon Sun.

Passimian live in troops of 20 to 30 individuals, all following a leader. This leader will take 10 of the individuals in the best condition to search for food. The troop’s teamwork is strong, and the boss of each troop decides what mark members will wear on their arms to distinguish the troops.

The boss puts the troop members through training to improve their coordination with one another and their skill in handling Berries. Apparently this training is so hard that some Passimian end up running away.

Lobbing Berries at foes is how Passimian attack. They sometimes work in coordination with others, passing Berries back and forth to bewilder their opponents. Passimian don’t just pitch hard Berries at opponents, either—they also have a technique that uses soft Berries to obscure their opponent’s ability to see.

Passimian wants its Trainer to have the qualities of a leader as well. It watches a Trainer’s form closely when he or she throws Poké Balls, and will not listen to the orders of a Trainer with poor form.

Passimian has a new Ability, Receiver, which no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Receiver Ability, this Pokémon can inherit the Ability of an ally who faints in battle.

Oranguru:

Oranguru is a Pokémon that appears only in Pokémon Moon. If you’re playing Pokémon Sun, you can obtain it by trading with someone playing Pokémon Moon.

Oranguru live solitary lives deep in the forests and do not usually take much action. Instead, they position themselves high up in the trees to meditate. Long ago, people thought that Oranguru were humans who dwelled in the forest depths, so they called them “the people of the forests.” Oranguru is kind to the other Pokémon living in the forest, providing medicine for injured Pokémon and food for the hungry.

Oranguru sometimes act on their own initiative and will use items that only humans normally use. From a Trainer’s perspective, they can be hard Pokémon to handle at times. Allegedly, there have been sightings of Oranguru using Poké Balls!

The fan-like objects held by Oranguru are handmade by the Oranguru themselves. These fans appear to be made of layers of leaves bound together with Oranguru’s own fur.

Instruct is a move that only Oranguru can learn. It can make the selected target use its most recent move again immediately.

Lycanroc (Midday):

When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Lycanroc lives solo in mountains and deserts, not creating a pack. Each has its own territory, and they live without interfering with one another, which helps to avoid unnecessary fights.

Lycanroc obeys its Trainer’s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners.

The Midday Form Lycanroc is known for speedy movements that leave its opponents bewildered. It dodges opponents’ strikes while attacking with the sharp rocks of its mane as it slips right past them.

Accelerock is a move that only Midday Form Lycanroc can learn. It slams into an opponent with quick moves. This move is guaranteed to strike first!

Lycanroc (Midnight):

When Rockruff is bathed in an abundance of lunar energy, it evolves into its Midnight Form. In the world of Pokémon Moon, Lunala’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Midnight Form Lycanroc provokes its opponents by pressing in hard and inviting their attack. When an opponent falls for this tactic and attacks, Lycanroc counters with its forte: a single devastating blow that finishes off its foe! The stronger its opponent is, the more excited for battle Lycanroc becomes. It doesn’t mind getting hurt if it means victory in battle. Battles thrill it so much that its eyes glow.

Contempt rises in this Pokémon for Trainers who give orders it doesn’t agree with or who try to force it to battle. On the other hand, it will feel a deep trust in a Trainer who can truly draw forth its power in battle.

Counter is a move that Rockruff can learn when it evolves into Midnight Form Lycanroc. When Lycanroc takes physical damage from an opponent, it deals double that damage back to the same opponent.
Edited by Lightchao42

I'm telling you, the Chinese leaks are from somebody on the Chinese localization team. They've been pretty legit so far, and these are the first Pokemon games to be localized in China after all.

What did the leak say again?

Also, I just realized that Eevee's Z move will make it into an absolute beast in Little Cup.

That Eevee Z move makes me worry that future gens might not add any more.

I didn't think they would expand it this gen, but I'm kinda worried future ones might not either...

Maybe I'm just being too worried.

I wouldn't worry.

They just would add the new Eeveevolution to the animation. It's simple enough.

Confirmation that we can change clothes and Haircut + Color change for hair/eyes/clothes.

Pokémon Amie is replaced by Pokémon refresh that can also cure Poison and Paralysis.

I just love how she throws Pikachu away with its Z move.

Yooooooo!

I kinda like Midday Lyconroc a bit more but Oranguru steals the cake for me. Moon It Is. (I mean, was there ever any doubt?)

Although since it's mentioned that Rockruff shares an evolutionary secret with the starters... and we've seen what it is... could it be...?

ALSO YOU CAN GROOM YOUR POKEMON
And I LOVE the new customization options. Dressing up was really fun in Kalos so it looks like it's gonna be a BLAST here.

And the animation for Pikachu's Z-move is adorable.

I'm squealing.