Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay but quickly: the music playing during the starter evolution reveal is rad as hell and I'm praying we get it to here it some more in game.

All I wanted to say. Carry on.

I admit, watching the Japanese trailer I lol'ed when the rearrangement of the main pokemon theme started playing there.

For once, the international trailer got better music.

You know what? I'm fine with everything that got shown. Even Megas. You know why?

Ahem...

New Rules for Championship Battles

The new fourth set of rules will allow Trainers to play year-round using the official rules set for the Pokémon World Championships, the competition that’s held every year to decide the world’s strongest Pokémon Trainers. You’ll be able to experience the WCS2017 rules right from the start, beginning on Friday, November 18.
The main points of the Pokémon WCS 2017 rules are
  • Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).
  • Use of Mega Stones is not allowed.
  • Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.
NO MEGAS IN VGC WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

You know what? I'm fine with everything that got shown. Even Megas. You know why?

Ahem...

The new fourth set of rules will allow Trainers to play year-round using the official rules set for the Pokémon World Championships, the competition that’s held every year to decide the world’s strongest Pokémon Trainers. You’ll be able to experience the WCS2017 rules right from the start, beginning on Friday, November 18.
  • Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).
  • Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.

I was kinda hoping for a refinement and expansion of Mega Evolutions rather than just bringing them back and then exiling them.

Ahem...

No Primal Groudon/Xerneas in VGC woo

Oh yeah, new online battle setting that should improve play.

"A new system being introduced to the battle time settings is “Your Time.” When using this method of time accounting, players will have a maximum of 60 seconds each turn to select a move or Pokémon, and they will also each be awarded 10 minutes of “Your Time.” Under these rules, if a player runs out of their 10 minutes before the battle ends, that player loses the match. This will mean matches can be decided more quickly than in the past, allowing players to enjoy thrilling battles."

btw "The next release of Pokémon Sun & Moon information will hit on October 14th at 22:00 JST, which is 00:00 AEDT, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT"

Edited by Konnor97

Actually, my problem with Brionne is the robe.

I'm not sure how it is made, and that disturb me.

What about Froslass's red band? Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle ribbons? Jynx's dress? And Murkrow and Honchkrow's hats? Like Sylveon, it seems to be part of their bodies as well. There are even more examples than those that I listed.

Body parts looking like clothes and accessories are actually pretty common in Pokemon, so Brionne is having a dress as part of it's body is nothing new.

Edited by Water Mage

If I didn't know any better I would think that GF was trying to phase out Mega Evolution, but it's too early come to that conclusion. Maybe they think that bringing Megas back, but banning them would appeal to people who liked Megas and people who didn't.

Anyway, the next wave of new information will be released on October 14th.

Edited by Lightchao42

What about Froslass's red band? Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle ribbons? Jynx's dress? And Murkrow and Honchkrow's hats? Like Sylveon, it seems to be part of their bodies as well. There are even more examples that those that I listed.

Body parts looking like clothes and accessories are actually pretty common in Pokemon, so Brionne is having a dress as part of it's body is nothing new.

For a millisecond I thought you meant something else there.

But yeah, don't see what the hubbub about the (bubble) pop(ping) star's skirt.

Dartrix looks like a witness from a Ace Attorney game to me... Something about its expressions.

Torracat is too precious, I don't want it to evolve again! It's pretty muscular so I can see how it becomes a wrestler.

Brionne definitely looks like it will evolve into a mermaid or siren-esque Pokemon. I'm looking forward to that.

Oh also, since I haven't said anything about it yet, I actually kinda dislike the Rowlet evo. Its just... not what I wanted. If it still has the same final Evolution, I'll be fine with it, but for now I'm actually going with Popplio. Brionne is just frickin' adorable. Plus the eventual Water Fairy typing we're all expecting.

Also Torracat looks good too.

Also, anyone else extremely satisfied by how they're handling Ash-Greninja? It's basically an event Pokemon, which is much better than all the leaks were saying.

also its most likely banned in vgc whoo

Edited by TrueEm

Oh also, since I haven't said anything about it yet, I actually kinda dislike the Rowlet evo. Its just... not what I wanted. If it still has the same final Evolution, I'll be fine with it, but for now I'm actually going with Popplio. Brionne is just frickin' adorable. Plus the eventual Water Fairy typing we're all expecting.

Also Torracat looks good too.

Also, anyone else extremely satisfied by how they're handling Ash-Greninja? It's basically an event Pokemon, which is much better than all the leaks were saying.

also its most likely banned in vgc whoo

I actually don't like how Ash Greninja was just thrown in- it's still cool, but it's just kinda underwhelming.

And Protean Greninja is probably still going to be better than it- this is a form shift, not a mega evolution. Don't see why it would be banned.

I actually don't like how Ash Greninja was just thrown in- it's still cool, but it's just kinda underwhelming.

And Protean Greninja is probably still going to be better than it- this is a form shift, not a mega evolution. Don't see why it would be banned.

It's banned because it's not in the Alola Pokedex most likely. It'll probably be available next year.

I'm just very happy it's not part of the main game, and works as an event. Plus it makes the Demo worth playing I guess. Hopefully we get other rewards like with ORAS' demo.

Even a Mega evolution style could struggle to beat protean greninja if it don't get simmilar ability

Protean Greninja effectively have 180 Base Special Attack, and 151 Attack bringing Greninja base stats up from 530 all the way into 666

Mega Evo only adds 100. For all we know its the next Mega Latios

Edited by JSND

Well, I rather liked Litten's middle tier evolution. Let's hope it doesn't have to become that abomination, and that it has a much more appealing final evolution as well.

Can't say a lot of things interested me this time around. I think the Ash-Greninja thing is silly; I didn't think Ash existed in the games?

I do like the "no megas" in VGC though. A few of them were really in almost every game that I've seen.

I think battle bond is exclusive to the Ash-greninja you get in the demo

That's what I thought, I'm just trying to figure out how it is from a mechanical standpoint. There's a max of three possible abilities/species in Gen VI, two normal and one hidden, but if this is exclusive to this event's Greninja, it would classify as "hidden" since regular Froakie line individuals won't be able to pass it on. The problem comes in that Greninja's two used slots are one normal and one hidden, meaning a third ability would be regular under current game mechanics.

Bringing Greninja base stats up from 530 all the way into 666.

Well that explains a lot.

That's what I thought, I'm just trying to figure out how it is from a mechanical standpoint. There's a max of three possible abilities/species in Gen VI, two normal and one hidden, but if this is exclusive to this event's Greninja, it would classify as "hidden" since regular Froakie line individuals won't be able to pass it on. The problem comes in that Greninja's two used slots are one normal and one hidden, meaning a third ability would be regular under current game mechanics.
Or they messed with the formula a little bit to make exceptions for certain Pokemon to have non-Hidden nor Regular abilities.
Edited by TrueEm

D models

What about Froslass's red band? Gothita, Gothorita and Gothitelle ribbons? Jynx's dress? And Murkrow and Honchkrow's hats? Like Sylveon, it seems to be part of their bodies as well. There are even more examples than those that I listed.

I had to think a little about this. I'm probably rationalizing, but let's see.

Gothita line and Jinx are humanoid. Human wears dress, so it isn't weird.

Not only is Frosslass an humanoid, but a ghost as well.

As for Munchkrow/Honchkrow... It's made of Feather, most probably, which is less weird than flesh.

The mix between the clear animal nature of Brionne, and is human element make the dress stands far more imo.

But the main reason is they appeared before the invention of 3D models, which makes it easier to forget (and I don't know if I really saw/paid attention too their game models in X Y). I had no problem when just looking at the art, but felt some trouble/disgust while watching it in action (especially the fact that the blue skin part break the "dress" illusion. It makes it looks kinda like jellyfish body part imo. Noyt Something you want to touch.)

I actually appreciate those remarks that allow me to clarify my feelings better.

Well, I rather liked Litten's middle tier evolution. Let's hope it doesn't have to become that abomination, and that it has a much more appealing final evolution as well.

Sorry to rain on your parade here, but it's got the tiger resemblance down pat- as well as a "flame sac" that looks and behaves like the belt buckle on the leaked design.

Just hope for two different final evolution forms.

Edited by The DanMan

Sorry to rain on your parade here, but it's got the tiger resemblance down pat- as well as a "flame sac" that looks like the belt buckle on the leaked design.

I know. That's why I hope it'll at least get a second evolution that doesn't look like ass.

I know. That's why I hope it'll at least get a second evolution that doesn't look like ass.

Agreed with this 100%.

I really want that stupid not-a-proper-cat leaked design to die in an ocean somewhere, or at least be one of two.