Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww c'mon you guys. I think Littens evo is grrrrrreat!

That's fine, I personally view it as an insult to cats with the overly muscled, bipedal design, especially since the first two stages actually do look pretty good imo. Edited by Glaceon Mage

That's fine, I personally view it as an insult to cats with the overly muscled, bipedal design, especially since the first two stages actually do look pretty good imo.

Yeah, it's not like they did the bipedal design over the past.

That's fine, I personally view it as an insult to cats with the overly muscled, bipedal design, especially since the first two stages actually do look pretty good imo.

He happened to be referencing

tony_the_tiger.jpg

I'm cool with Tony the Tiger the Pokemon

Don't know if I'll pick it but

Ice Stone is probably going to be for Alolan Ninetails and something new. There was a snowman pokemon mentioned in that same leak with rugby monkey, right? So possibly for that. I guess they can retcon Eevee's evolution into Glaceon to using this, but I don't know. I have a feeling Eevee is still going to evolve with the on-field ice stone.

We all know why I'm here and we're here so let's just speed on along.

New Pokemon

Only 3 new Pokemon revealed and they're all evolutions so there isn't much to really talk about here - other than that they're all pretty cute, in my opinion!

Dartrix, evolution of Rowlet

0d7fea857823050227115aecd9810583.png

Dartrix is known as the Blade Quill Pokemon, and is extremely sensitive to other presences around them and can strike at those presences without even seeing the threat for itself. It's known for being snobby and a stalwart perfectionist, sometimes making a bigger mess in attempt to gloss over its mistakes. It can become so distressed by these mistakes or by being dirty it may not be able to battle, or simply quit battling out of personal despair. Dartrix may be troublesome to deal with, but with love, care, and affection it will grow into something powerful.

I can't believe I'm finally a Pokemon.

Torracat, evolution of Litten

8efb542d626f1752427e548846655b01.png

Torracat, the Fire Cat Pokemon, has a mane that serves as an additional sensory organ, allowing it to detect what's going on around it even in pitch darkness. It can also use this mane to find hidden enemies. Torracat's "bell" is actually a flame sac that reacts to Torracat's emotions. When the Pokemon gets emotional, the organ heats up and produces flames, a high, clear sound rings out, leading to the assumption that the sac is a bell. Torracat is an avid fighter that can bend iron bars with a single blow, but it often acts like a spoiled child in front of Pokemon or Trainers it trusts.

Brionne, evolution of Popplio

b4ac616a9210b14f9eae519463034703.png

Brionne, the Pop Star Pokemon, learns how to dance by imitating others that live with it in its colony, and sometimes even from humans. It's a hard-working Pokemon and practices until it can memorize and execute its dances flawlessly, using those dances to distract and confuse opponents. It's common to find colonies of Brionne dancing together in the moonlight. It is a very positive and happy Pokemon, and will hide if it's feeling sad unless it's with a Pokemon or trainer it completely trusts.

Festival Plaza

2f984492dc22d758e83445499e728ce1.png

a464828c1a593209a95310401df489d7.png

The Festival Plaza is a feature that allows for interaction with other players (like the Mii Plaza I'm sure), and there you can complete requests given to you by other players for Festival Coins, which you can use to buy special clothes, dyes, and items. (Including what looks like special tourist items from each region?)

Seems like it'll be a nice, fun way to use the Streetpass function! (Considering I still don't know what the purpose of the XY Streetpass is, I quite like this...)

Poke Pelago

fab680f73f7ef4eef564f5b49e226bf8.png

Poke Pelago appears to be a resort-like area specifically for the Pokemon you've deposited the PC. Run by a person named Mohn, the island to engage in all kinds of activities. You can attract wild Pokemon with Pokebeans to join your game from an island called Isle Abeens (cute), Isle Aphun allows Pokemon to scavenge and mine for rare stones and items, and Isle Evelup allows your PC Pokemon to gain experience and train through activity and drinks (like the smoothies from Pokemon XY). A very cute way to let your PC Pokemon do more than take up space. I think this is a great feature and I'd love to see it in other games. (Like idk... remade Sinnoh maybe...)

Mega Evolution

Mega Evolution's back!

... I don't know what to say here, there aren't any new Mega Evolutions revealed so it's just. Well. Yay if you wanted it?

Sun/Moon Special Demo

8ccfade0f463f010f91c2ef0355dd8d7.png

The demo for Sun/Moon will be released on the eShop on October 18th, 2016, and feature a special event Pokemon that can be carried over to the full game when it releases - Ash-Greninja, with the new ability Battle Bond. There's... also not much else to say about this, it's just -- here it is, enjoy, if you want it.

And this is just about everything! Hopefully this is a good summary despite me being extra me today.

We all know why I'm here and we're here so let's just speed on along.

New Pokemon

Only 3 new Pokemon revealed and they're all evolutions so there isn't much to really talk about here - other than that they're all pretty cute, in my opinion!

Dartrix, evolution of Rowlet

0d7fea857823050227115aecd9810583.png

Dartrix is known as the Blade Quill Pokemon, and is extremely sensitive to other presences around them and can strike at those presences without even seeing the threat for itself. It's known for being snobby and a stalwart perfectionist, sometimes making a bigger mess in attempt to gloss over its mistakes. It can become so distressed by these mistakes or by being dirty it may not be able to battle, or simply quit battling out of personal despair. Dartrix may be troublesome to deal with, but with love, care, and affection it will grow into something powerful.

I can't believe I'm finally a Pokemon.

Torracat, evolution of Litten

8efb542d626f1752427e548846655b01.png

Torracat, the Fire Cat Pokemon, has a mane that serves as an additional sensory organ, allowing it to detect what's going on around it even in pitch darkness. It can also use this mane to find hidden enemies. Torracat's "bell" is actually a flame sac that reacts to Torracat's emotions. When the Pokemon gets emotional, the organ heats up and produces flames, a high, clear sound rings out, leading to the assumption that the sac is a bell. Torracat is an avid fighter that can bend iron bars with a single blow, but it often acts like a spoiled child in front of Pokemon or Trainers it trusts.

Brionne, evolution of Popplio

b4ac616a9210b14f9eae519463034703.png

Brionne, the Pop Star Pokemon, learns how to dance by imitating others that live with it in its colony, and sometimes even from humans. It's a hard-working Pokemon and practices until it can memorize and execute its dances flawlessly, using those dances to distract and confuse opponents. It's common to find colonies of Brionne dancing together in the moonlight. It is a very positive and happy Pokemon, and will hide if it's feeling sad unless it's with a Pokemon or trainer it completely trusts.

Festival Plaza

2f984492dc22d758e83445499e728ce1.png

a464828c1a593209a95310401df489d7.png

The Festival Plaza is a feature that allows for interaction with other players (like the Mii Plaza I'm sure), and there you can complete requests given to you by other players for Festival Coins, which you can use to buy special clothes, dyes, and items. (Including what looks like special tourist items from each region?)

Seems like it'll be a nice, fun way to use the Streetpass function! (Considering I still don't know what the purpose of the XY Streetpass is, I quite like this...)

Poke Pelago

fab680f73f7ef4eef564f5b49e226bf8.png

Poke Pelago appears to be a resort-like area specifically for the Pokemon you've deposited the PC. Run by a person named Mohn, the island to engage in all kinds of activities. You can attract wild Pokemon with Pokebeans to join your game from an island called Isle Abeens (cute), Isle Aphun allows Pokemon to scavenge and mine for rare stones and items, and Isle Evelup allows your PC Pokemon to gain experience and train through activity and drinks (like the smoothies from Pokemon XY). A very cute way to let your PC Pokemon do more than take up space. I think this is a great feature and I'd love to see it in other games. (Like idk... remade Sinnoh maybe...)

Mega Evolution

Mega Evolution's back!

... I don't know what to say here, there aren't any new Mega Evolutions revealed so it's just. Well. Yay if you wanted it?

Sun/Moon Special Demo

8ccfade0f463f010f91c2ef0355dd8d7.png

The demo for Sun/Moon will be released on the eShop on October 18th, 2016, and feature a special event Pokemon that can be carried over to the full game when it releases - Ash-Greninja, with the new ability Battle Bond. There's... also not much else to say about this, it's just -- here it is, enjoy, if you want it.

And this is just about everything! Hopefully this is a good summary despite me being extra me today.

It's after noon what is this ;)

Thanks for this as always!

Now to edit the OP without accidentally deleting the poll... .

Edited by The DanMan

Japanese trailer seems to show that berry growing is back, yayz. I'm always a bit scared it won't show up, because gen 5 lacked it. >.>

I also hate the leaked Litten final form. I'm a person that digs muscles, but not on cats. And I want a quadrupedal final Fire starter for once. I hope the speculated second form is this and gets a cool white tiger coloring for its shiny form.

Japanese trailer seems to show that berry growing is back, yayz. I'm always a bit scared it won't show up, because gen 5 lacked it. >.>

I also hate the leaked Litten final form. I'm a person that digs muscles, but not on cats. And I want a quadrupedal final Fire starter for once. I hope the speculated second form is this and gets a cool white tiger coloring for its shiny form.

Now that's not a sentence you read every day.

Gen V had berries grown via Dream World, which was stupid and no longer doable but present.

I want a slim quadruped, that actually says "cat" with its design. I'm a huge cat fan and seeing an adorable kitten become so non-catlike is saddening.

Depends on the company you keep.

It's after noon what is this ;)

Thanks for this as always!

Now to edit the OP without accidentally deleting the poll... .

Listen the starter summaries took a goddamn hour because I was trying not to just straight up quote the site.

OP is edited and topic poll is intact!

Looks like the Popplio Defense Squad has a narrow advantage, and the Moon Master Race is no more...?

Somebody wasn't around for the shirtless Ike controversy.

What? I've said I like muscles lots of times.

I think this is a great feature and I'd love to see it in other games. (Like idk... remade Sinnoh maybe...)

NO. This feature does sound awesome, but it cannot be in Sinnoh remakes. It has no reason to be when the Underground serves virtually the same purpose (mining for stones and rare items).

And I don't think people want to see the Underground go away because it had the popular secret bases.

Listen the starter summaries took a goddamn hour because I was trying not to just straight up quote the site.

I hope you realize that I was completely joking there. Playful ragging and all.

You go above and beyond the call of duty here- I'd have ended up doing just that, if much at all.

OP is edited and topic poll is intact!

Looks like the Popplio Defense Squad has a narrow advantage, and the Moon Master Race is no more...?

The drop in Litten's popularity was most likely due it's final evolution.

And the drop in Moon's popularity might be becuase the whole reverse time thing. Not sure on that one though.

Also an interesting thing to note as well as pointed out on another board

The Dartrix french name is EFFLECHE

Fleche = French for arrow

What? I've said I like muscles lots of times.

NO. This feature does sound awesome, but it cannot be in Sinnoh remakes. It has no reason to be when the Underground serves virtually the same purpose (mining for stones and rare items).

And I don't think people want to see the Underground go away because it had the popular secret bases.

That's... exactly why I kind of want it? I mean, the Underground is a nice concept but it never did look like something I'd go down and do myself. It's a bit like berry farming for me, unfortunately - useful, but frankly ignorable enough to where you can function fine even if you never use it. So I was thinking that for people who didn't like going down and exploring the Underground yourself, you could use your PC pokemon instead (probably for some kind of cost, of course, but that's fine).

I understand this is probably an unpopular opinion and you in no way have to agree but, I'm just sharing mine. Sorry.

I hope you realize that I was completely joking there. Playful ragging and all.

You go above and beyond the call of duty here- I'd have ended up doing just that, if much at all.

I know, I know. ... I wish I had been about the time. :P

But I'm glad I can be of service!

Edited by Vashiane

Nah, fam, I'm still on that #MoonRowlet team. That said, Brionne is really cute so I'm likely going to scoop one up after I complete the game.

Who actually used the underground function in GEN 4? Also, damn it, the demo is giving us

Ash Greninja!? WTF!?

The drop in Litten's popularity was most likely due it's final evolution.

And the drop in Moon's popularity might be becuase the whole reverse time thing. Not sure on that one though.

Also an interesting thing to note as well as pointed out on another board

The Dartrix french name is EFFLECHE

Fleche = French for arrow

Interesting detail on the name.

And after a quick glance, looks like Moon Master Race is back! I wonder if this will be a HG/SS or B/W situation where the secondary version outsells the primary.

And the PDS is at second placed- that's much better than hanging two votes above "undecided".

Just wanna say that the new Pokemon storage system thingy reminds me of the Digimon storage system from Cyber Sleuth. Right down to the looking for items, gaining "EVs", gaining exp AND NOT SITTING IN THE BOX FOR AN ETERNITY.

Anyways I'm liking it.

That's... exactly why I kind of want it? I mean, the Underground is a nice concept but it never did look like something I'd go down and do myself. It's a bit like berry farming for me, unfortunately - useful, but frankly ignorable enough to where you can function fine even if you never use it. So I was thinking that for people who didn't like going down and exploring the Underground yourself, you could use your PC pokemon instead (probably for some kind of cost, of course, but that's fine).

I understand this is probably an unpopular opinion and you in no way have to agree but, I'm just sharing mine. Sorry.

Ah, I see what you mean now. No worries, like you said, it's your opinion, even if I disagree and would rather keep the Underground because of secret bases and such. Oh, but another thing I just remembered: the Underground was needed to obtain Spiritomb (you had to meet 30 people there after putting the Odd Keystone in the Odd Tower). GF could easily change Spiritomb's requirements in the remakes, but I personally don't see a need for this when adding online to the Underground could just make the 30 people thing so much easier to get.