Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DanMan: Yeah, but then you have to think about games like FE: RD, which have an E10+ rating. Do you really think a Pokemon game should have the same rating as an FE game?

That's the thing- the ratings are so nebulous. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga is E10+ on consoles, for instance- there are tons of examples and counterexamples.

Water types have Scald. They don't need anymore cool toys. Waterfall and Aqua jet are good enough on the physical side.

Personally, I think doesn't have enough cool toys.

They need more good moves to become even stronger.

I thought Olivia's intro looked strange in the English trailer, but I didn't think they'd cut it in half!

Still, I whatever doubt there was about Type: Null being based on Arceus is officially gone, I think. Also, it was interesting to see Gladion with a Silvally at level 53, using the Fire version of its item for some reason - maybe because that trainer had picked Rowlet?

Huh, we'll get the demo in just a few days. I wonder what exactly will be revealed. Can someone tell me what you did in the ORAS demo? Was it a part of the game or a specially crafted zone?

I thought Olivia's intro looked strange in the English trailer, but I didn't think they'd cut it in half!

Still, I whatever doubt there was about Type: Null being based on Arceus is officially gone, I think. Also, it was interesting to see Gladion with a Silvally at level 53, using the Fire version of its item for some reason - maybe because that trainer had picked Rowlet?

Huh, we'll get the demo in just a few days. I wonder what exactly will be revealed. Can someone tell me what you did in the ORAS demo? Was it a part of the game or a specially crafted zone?

It was short missions around Mossdeep city. A part of the game, but a small one.

It was short missions around Mossdeep city. A part of the game, but a small one.

That's pretty late into the game as well. Still, it makes me happy to hear we might not get a few battles and nothing to really give us a feel of the game proper.

That's pretty late into the game as well. Still, it makes me happy to hear we might not get a few battles and nothing to really give us a feel of the game proper.

Well, keep in mind that it was a remake- not a whole lot was "new" to it.

But Gen 6 gave flying types the most love. It's one of the best offensive types now.

Flying have always been one of the best offensive type

The problem is we never really get good ones because good flying types usually don't have flying move. This is still an issue right now because the fact that Salamence become super broken just because it get Flying type move is really embarassing

The most buffed type in Gen 6 is actually Dark and Steel because the removal of Steel Resistances towards Dark + Knock Off is HUGE, and offensively speaking Steel gets both Fairy types and no more Dark resistance which results in Tyranitar able to smack Steels that happen to wall your own

Also Ground to a lesser extent because fuck not having to play against the cancer that is Politoed and Venusaur is so refreshing

Edited by JSND

I'll parrot others with Silvally's ability RKS System being really subtle. Looks cool though.

Bounsweet's evolutions look good. Steenee is really adorable. With Tsareena being a "high-kicking virtuoso", I wonder if it learns High Jump Kick. Queen Majesty seems good, and while it can't stop the bravest bird completely, it can help in doubles with Fake Out (that's a thing, right?). Trop Kick is nice, though I wonder if it guarantees the attack drop.

Ribombee is also really adorable. Probably shit though unless it evolves again. It seems to learn Absorb, and hopefully the entire line, and Dazzling Gleam (from the Japanese trailer)

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o have nice names, and Kommo-o looks cool too. They seem to learn Sky Uppercut. Changing Scales seems good.

I really like Alolan Grimer and Muk. STAB Crunch confirmed too.

Olivia looks fine as hell. Uses Nosepass, something else, and Lycanroc Midnight as her ace (maybe it changes depending on version).

Ilima looks good. Side note, for some reason Serebii keeps on calling him Ilmia.

Scyther in Japanese trailer has 133 at lvl, which is possible at an HP IV of 2 or 3. Normally IVs are 31 in these trailers, so these values may not be correct (and so they may have higher base HP values). I'll assume 31 IVs, which will be the lowest of the ranges.

Similarly Machamp has 115 HP at lvl 36 which is possible at an HP IV from 12-14.

128 HP lvl 50 Bruxish means 53-68 HP base stat.

88 HP lvl 28 Datrix means 74/75-90/91 HP base stat. That's pretty good for a mid stage.

154 HP lvl 54 Kommo-o means 68-84 HP base stat. Damn that's not that good.

99 HP lvl 35 Tsareena means 62/63-78 HP base stat.

Oh yeah, on Serebii's twitter there's new official secondary art of the starters' mid stages.

[spoiler=Images]XYoHIIJ.png

xsy62Qx.png

r9046AM.png

Hey so, if you want an update post from me I might be able to crunch one out real quick now or wait until I come back later this afternoon, whatever's cleverest for y'all.

I

just got up again and saw the news I haven't even watched it yet.

But I can see already that Gardevoir's going to have some competition in the Pokemon waifu department already........

Huh, I guess ESRB does give an odd ratiing here and there.

I can't wait to see what the demo shows too! I'm being careful not to spoil myself of anything that's found by stinking hackers beforehand though.

Tsareena looks really cool to me and I like its ability. But I have a feeling it'll be exclusive to Sun, though. I also wonder why it and Steenee aren't part fighting. Olivia is a babe, not gonna lie.

I wonder if I can use Silvally since it can be a grass type.

Hey so, if you want an update post from me I might be able to crunch one out real quick now or wait until I come back later this afternoon, whatever's cleverest for y'all.

I

just got up again and saw the news I haven't even watched it yet.

But I can see already that Gardevoir's going to have some competition in the Pokemon waifu department already........

Sure. Feel free to take your time.

Oh yeah, it occurred to me that Tsareena looks like it's pronounced like Serena. XD I can see Serena's reaction now.

"This is a...Serena? That's...kind of awkward."

"Nooo, it's spelled Tsareena! But it is weird, haha." is Ash's reply. :P

(note, I'm aware that "ts" and "s" are actually a little different, but they're still similar enough to me for the mistake to happen)

Edited by Anacybele

I can totally fire off some opinions real quick though, plus this gets them out of my head so I don't accidentally muck up the info post with 'em.

1. Silvally looks awesome. Awesome, and, now that we've seen what its typing/hold items allows it to do, this plus its description as being a Legendary-killer, I think we can safely guess what Pokemon its meant to rival. That has some... interesting implications.

2. I love the dragons, that's some of the coolest designs I've seen in a gen full of cool designs, I'm so hyped. (Also nice, Dragon/Fighting confirmed. I think this is a first for this typing.)

3. THE BOUNSWEET LINE IS SO CUTE. I mean, Tsareena is beautiful but Steenee is so frikkin' precious I might slap an Everstone on the thing. Or just never use its evolution stone, however it evolves.

4. RIBOMBEE'S LIL CAPE.

5. Okay while I was initially kind of "ugh, okay" about Alolan Muk... holy fucking shit. That Grimer. I... I actually want it. It looks badass.

6. I'm going to marry Olivia.

7. Ilima looks AMAZING. Oh my gosh I love them. Why are the normal-type trainers so cute???

Okay that's... all the opinion posts. Now post time.

Edited by Vashiane

Now that I have seen Tsareena, I can die happy. I can also now make a Monarchy themed Pokemon team: Empoleon, Nidoking, Slowking, Tsareena, Slaking, Kingdra. It shall be glorious!

Are you forgetting Tyrantrum? How can you create a royal team without a tyrant?

And fun fact: According to Ken Sugimori, Serperior is based on french royalty.

Are you forgetting Tyrantrum? How can you create a royal team without a tyrant?

And fun fact: According to Ken Sugimori, Serperior is based on french royalty.

Ah, how could I forget about Serperior? Okay, so it's Empoleon, Slowking, Tsareena, Serperior, Nidoking, Slaking. I'm not forgetting Tyrantrum: the tyrant in its original definition was a military dictator in Ancient Greece.