Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I prefer Pheromosa, but if you want that to tradeback as well, I'm fine with that.

While Pharomosa has grown on me, I wouldn't mind parting with it(her??) in favor of Buzzwole.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how relevant this is to the discussion, but how long do you guys think it will be before Bulbapedia floods with Sun and Moon entries? I give it maybe the weekend before most of the movesets are known.

We already know all movesets. Egg moves included. And stats as well actually.

It's spoiler stuff, so I won't post it here.

Edited by Water Mage

I also hope Bulbapedia will now start to put stuff up, because navigating, finding the right information and making sense of it is much easier than any alternative with their interface. I'm sure I'll be able to "get" some of the things I didn't get because they didn't have fancy colours to help me understand everything.

Serebii already had made a list today with types, abilities and stats.

Can I post it here, or is it spoilers?

EDIT: Actually, Serebii already has a all moves, locations and even Pokedex entries listed!

It's pretty much complete I think.

Edited by Water Mage

Serebii already had made a list with types, abilities and stats.

Can I post it here, or is it spoilers?

Certainly, under a spoiler tag.

Seems like Joe looked at all the info anyways, even though he didn't post it and whined on his twitter about it, claiming that "clearly global releases are the worst thing to happen to the series".

Certainly, under a spoiler tag.

Seems like Joe looked at all the info anyways, even though he didn't post it and whined on his twitter about it, claiming that "clearly global releases are the worst thing to happen to the series".

To be fair, the poor guy's job pretty much demanded him to have the entire game spoiled.

Anyway, here's Serebii's Gen 7 Dex, and it's seems to be already complete.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/

EDIT:Should I spoil this link?

Edited by Water Mage

To be fair, the poor guy's job pretty much demanded him to have the entire game spoiled.

Anyway, here's Serebii's Gen 7 Dex, and it's seems to be already complete.http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/

I mean it's a link, anyone who clicks should know what they're getting into.

Anyway, here's Serebii's Gen 7 Dex, and it's seems to be already complete.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/

Nah, it's okay. I was thinking you'd put everything in a post and not just link it for some reason.

Nah, it's okay. I was thinking you'd put everything in a post and not just link it for some reason.

There was way too much info to post here

I simply posted this link because I though it would be helpful to people. (It is helpful?) It doesn't have a lot of spoilers too. And the Serebii Pokedex is very well done.

Holy shit, guys.

I decided to try my luck at Thiefing wild Chansey for a Lucky Egg in Diamond, since that thing always helps in getting levels for Pokemon, and getting one from a wild Chansey is the only way to find one in this game. They have a low encounter rate and can also hold Oval Stones (and they'll have these more often), so I figured it'd take some time to find a Lucky Egg, even with my Butterfree.

But the first Chansey I ran into HAD ONE. Talk about LUCKY. Haha.

I'm glad later games just hand one to you via an NPC or make them more commonly found on other Pokemon though. Because, I mean, it really helps with Pokedex completion when you need to level up a Pokemon a lot to evolve it and get more entries. I hope Sun and Moon aren't any different here. I don't know if I'll try to complete the National Pokedex again, but I always look to complete the regional one.

Holy shit, guys.

I decided to try my luck at Thiefing wild Chansey for a Lucky Egg in Diamond, since that thing always helps in getting levels for Pokemon, and getting one from a wild Chansey is the only way to find one in this game. They have a low encounter rate and can also hold Oval Stones (and they'll have these more often), so I figured it'd take some time to find a Lucky Egg, even with my Butterfree.

But the first Chansey I ran into HAD ONE. Talk about LUCKY. Haha.

I'm glad later games just hand one to you via an NPC or make them more commonly found on other Pokemon though. Because, I mean, it really helps with Pokedex completion when you need to level up a Pokemon a lot to evolve it and get more entries. I hope Sun and Moon aren't any different here. I don't know if I'll try to complete the National Pokedex again, but I always look to complete the regional one.

Wow, talk about luck of the draw. Also, stealing from Wild Pelipper in ORAS sounds like a really cheap exploit to gain a lot of experience when coupled with the EXP Share.

In the midst of the news that Pokemon Bank won't update to be compatible with Sun and Moon until February, there was also another announcement: the National Pokedex will become part of Pokemon Bank, and is not initially available in Sun and Moon.

Pretty neutral on the matter personally, but there's people complaining about paywalls (like you really have any other way to get Pokemon outside of the Alolan dex besides using Pokemon Bank in the first place).

Okay, so quick question that might require someone who saw the leaks to know the answer to, asking here instead of the leak thread to avoid other spoilers myself

[spoiler=possibly]

How soon can the stuff from the demo be sent to the main game? Can you do it right away, or do you have to reach a certain point first?

So with the release of the game drawing ever-closer, and Moon already pre-loaded onto my 3DS, I figure I may as well ask this here. Is there anyone getting Sun that would be interested in being traded a Rockruff to evolve on Sun, and then trade back over to me? Midday Lycanroc is a lot more my style than Midnight form, but I didn't want to change games over one single Pokemon.

Wow, talk about luck of the draw. Also, stealing from Wild Pelipper in ORAS sounds like a really cheap exploit to gain a lot of experience when coupled with the EXP Share.

Yeah, and the Pokenav, since in ORAS it can tell you what item the Pokemon is holding so you don't have to try getting lucky and hope you don't end up with the wrong item if the Pokemon has multiple possible held items.

In the midst of the news that Pokemon Bank won't update to be compatible with Sun and Moon until February, there was also another announcement: the National Pokedex will become part of Pokemon Bank, and is not initially available in Sun and Moon.

The National Pokedex will become part of the Bank? I don't understand what this means or how it will work, but I suppose we'll wait and see.

So, does Skarmory have the catch rate of a legendary or something? I threw a ton of balls at one despite it being very low health and paralyzed and it wouldn't ever get caught. In fact, it broke out of most of those balls easily. The high level shouldn't matter, as I've had no trouble catching other Pokemon of similar levels.

Edited by Anacybele

So, does Skarmory have the catch rate of a legendary or something? I threw a ton of balls at one despite it being very low health and paralyzed and it wouldn't ever get caught. In fact, it broke out of most of those balls easily. The high level shouldn't matter, as I've had no trouble catching other Pokemon of similar levels.

It has a catch rate of 25, or a 3.3% chance of catching it it a standard Poke Ball at full health with no non-volatile status effects. Think how much worse it is in Gen II or III.

The National Pokedex will become part of the Bank? I don't understand what this means or how it will work, but I suppose we'll wait and see.

I'd assume that means that it won't be unlocked until Bank is accessible. Pretty sucky, but Oh well.

Also, yeah Skarmory does have a low rate. I think the catch rate is 45 25, which is lower than a few legendaries (Including Rayquaza), but it still sounds like some bad luck for you.

It has a catch rate of 25, or a 3.3% chance of catching it it a standard Poke Ball at full health with no non-volatile status effects. Think how much worse it is in Gen II or III.

Oh geez, I think I understand. Man, I hate you, though, Skarmory. xP (though you have a neat design)

Lower than some legendaries? That doesn't even make sense to me. Legendaries are supposed to be the hardest to catch because they're legendaries. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Oh geez, I think I understand. Man, I hate you, though, Skarmory. xP (though you have a neat design)

Lower than some legendaries? That doesn't even make sense to me. Legendaries are supposed to be the hardest to catch because they're legendaries. :/

I think a lot of it is because from 4th gen, they decided that giving all the legendaries a 3 catch rate was a bit much? But then why did they leave some unchanged (like the bird trio, which are still on a 3 catch rate)? Game Freak leaves a lot unanswered.

Also yeah, I do think that's silly. Especially when I'm trying to catch a Skarmory :P

What it means is that the National Pokedex is not part of Sun and Moon in any way, shape, or form- when Pokemon Bank updates everything that you'd find within the National Pokedex will be instead located within the app.

I don't count this as a spoiler as it was part of pre-release info, before anybody jumps on me. It was just generally overlooked.