Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

There are no new fossil pokemon this generation. First time since Gen 2.

Ah, what a shame, fossil pokémon rock! ​I'm sorry

​Not even a week and you guys almost already finished, I'll have to wait until I finish all my final exams :(.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no new fossil pokemon this generation. First time since Gen 2.

I don't really mind this all that much. All the fossils are at least okay and have their uses in every game. Also, Hawaii I believe was formed only thousands, not millions, of years ago, so there would not feasibly be any fossils found there, so the same logic is applicable to Alola, just as Kanto and Johto share a landmass and therefore have the same fossils in them.

Those who said there's a Thunder Stone behind the trailer on Route 8 are mistaken, there's nothing back there. I remember finding something there, but it wasn't a Thunder Stone since I don't have one.

I'll just buy one at Konikoni City.

Those who said there's a Thunder Stone behind the trailer on Route 8 are mistaken, there's nothing back there. I remember finding something there, but it wasn't a Thunder Stone since I don't have one.

I'll just buy one at Konikoni City.

There is most definitely a Thunderstone there, because I just found it. Are you sure you checked the right place? It's not behind the Aether Foundation building, it's behind the trailer past the tunnel near the Pokemon Center.

Edited by AzureSen

There is most definitely a Thunderstone there, because I just found it. Are you sure you checked the right place? It's not behind the Aether Foundation building, it's behind the trailer past the tunnel near the Pokemon Center.

Well, I thought that was the trailer they were talking about, my bad. I didn't know there was another one. I must have never seen it. It's too late now though, I already bought a stone. xP

Also, just found that Comfey was available in the Lush Jungle. Dang it. xP Well, I don't really need one, I have Primarina for a Fairy type now. So I suppose I'll catch one in the post game or something.

A serious warning people!

There has been reports of a very serious glitch in Sun and Moon.

People are reporting that saving in a Pokemon Center may cause your file to end up corrupt! It actually similar to the Lumiose glitch.

Do not save at a Pokemon Center until a patch comes out!

Wow, GameFreak didn't learn after the XY Lumiose episode? Just...wow.

Good thing I don't save in Pokemon Centers. I like to actually be able to see right away where I saved so I can figure out where exactly I left off in case I have to put the game down for a long period of time.

Also, guys:

I discovered an Alolan Geodude. Those eyebrows are so ridiculous. xP

Edited by Anacybele

You guys play through so fast. Didn't you leave yourselves time to really enjoy it? Like did you explore to find some items and more Pokemon and such?

I know I've been slow partly because I'm on vacation, but I did those things. xP

I have been playing for a long time over the weekend. It amounted to like 38 hours or so. I had more than plenty of time to explore :P.

I'm pretty much close to finishing the game, and I have to say, this is one of the hardest Pokemon games out there.

What really saved me during the boss trainers, was the fact that you switch Pokemon after defeating one of the opponent's Pokemon.

Since this can be turned off, I wonder how harder the game would be. I might try it one day.

What do you guys think? Would this game be much harder if the ability to switch Pokemon after defeating an opponent was turned off?

I play with the option to switch turned off. It makes it harder to play only against certain enemies, particularly in this game where bosses are more challenging. against wild pokemon and most trainers, there is really no reason to switch cause they tend to make weird decisions like a Haunter using shadow ball on Snorlax. However bosses tend to have better AI and if you have no pokemon that resist certain moves, you either lose a pokemon intentionally by leaving him there to take a super-effective hit, or you switch a pokemon on a neutral hit, which you know might do a lot of damage.

The free switch gives a very easy way to play with counters. The other doesnt because you basically give them a free turn to hurt you.

I'm honestly pretty impressed with the movesets and AI of some of the trainers.

Plenty of times I can get whupped because the opponent does actually have a decent moveset with a decent strategy and the like.
I'm very impressed with this game in general, and this is someone who doesn't really enjoy pokemon that much usually

Anyways, I can go pick up my Type:Null now, what's a good nature for it?
I like ev training pokemon even if I don't like competitive too often, so.

I have been playing for a long time over the weekend. It amounted to like 38 hours or so. I had more than plenty of time to explore :P.

Oh, that's cool then! I guess I'm just a Slowpoke, ha ha ha.

I got an Alolan Vulpix I like, yayz. Named it Elsa just like I said too. Now to finish leveling it up a little. It has Dark and Ghost type moves which will be handy for the next trial.

Maybe it'll get hard again later, but I haven't really had any trouble since the Water trial, and even then the only other fight I had a tough time with before that was Hala's fight. I do like that trainers have better AI and more diverse movesets, though.

I feel like the game gets pretty rough once you get to the fourth island.
My team was around low 40s once I got there, got into a wild battle in the very first route on the island, pokemon were low 40s as well.

I also didn't use exp share, but still.

I will admit I did grind up a level or 2 twice on the last island, arriving and before the end of the game, just so I wouldn't be completely underlevelled, so.

Also, would someone be kind to put in a spoiler the big things you can do during postgame?

Just so I don't miss anything.

EDIT: I meant postgame, not lategame, sorry

Edited by Sophie

Sadly, the only physical Ghost move that Alola Marowak learns is Shadow Bone which he learns at level 27.

I think you see the problem here.

I just found out about it recently. I was so sure it learned it upon evolution, but I was wrong.

Also he can't learn Shadow Claw.

Sadly, the only physical Ghost move that Alola Marowak learns is Shadow Bone which he learns at level 27.

I just found out about it recently. I was so sure it learned it upon evolution, but I was wrong.

Yeah A-Marowak suffers from very little stab moves through his level-ups. It really sucks, but it isnt the end of the world. Give him a thick club and bonemerang and brick break will hit like a truck ((but you get walled by ghastly and hunter)

I feel like the game gets pretty rough once you get to the fourth island.

My team was around low 40s once I got there, got into a wild battle in the very first route on the island, pokemon were low 40s as well.

I also didn't use exp share, but still.

I will admit I did grind up a level or 2 twice on the last island, arriving and before the end of the game, just so I wouldn't be completely underlevelled, so.

Admittedly I have been using the EXP Share, but my team is only in the mid 40s at Poni Island because I've been using it on and off. (For example, when Mimikyu first joined the team I turned it off so she could catch up in levels.)

Pokemon games also depend on how much you level in an area. Like if you get 10 levels ahead, and keep battling every wild pokemon you see, you are going to basically stay over leveled. Which is bad because you become a bit too op for trainer battles. Although it is really annoying that catching pokemon gives experience. I hate that so much.

A serious warning people!

There has been reports of a very serious glitch in Sun and Moon.

People are reporting that saving in a Pokemon Center may cause your file to end up corrupt! It actually similar to the Lumiose glitch.

Do not save at a Pokemon Center until a patch comes out!

Just reiterating this.

There is a video post on reddit about it.

Most people can't backup their saves like I can.

Although it is really annoying that catching pokemon gives experience. I hate that so much.

Kids would find that convenient.

Casuals like me might also like it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I already knew about Shadow Bone, I was planning to visit the move reminder when I find him (or her, whichever). But I figured it must be able to get a Fire type move too. Alolan Marowak is also Fire type, you know. :P

I also wish someone had told me that the Ghost Totem Pokemon was a Mimikyu... Ghost and Dark moves actually don't work well against it due to the Fairy typing. >_> It was lucky that I had Heavy Slam on my Mudsdale or I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Edited by Anacybele

I already knew about Shadow Bone, I was planning to visit the move reminder when I find him (or her, whichever). But I figured it must be able to get a Fire type move too. Alolan Marowak is also Fire type, you know. :P

I also wish someone had told me that the Ghost Totem Pokemon was a Mimikyu... Ghost and Dark moves actually don't work well against it due to the Fairy typing. >_> It was lucky that I had Heavy Slam on my Mudsdale or I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Actually, Ghost hits Fairy just fine.

That being said, Totem Mimikyu hits really hard.

And I think you're just about to hit the climax of the story.

So as someone who is just about to take on the Pokémon League (having caught Lunala already), my final team is...

Shigure the Primarina (Ice Beam, Hyper Voice, Sparkling Aria, Moonblast)

Primrose the Toucannon(Beak Blast, Roost, Fury Attack, Bullet Seed)

Vic Viper the Vikavolt (Bug Bite, Thunderbolt, Agility, Flash Cannon)

Aversa the Salazzle(Flamethrower, Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, Toxic)

Glowshroom the Shiinotic (Giga Drain, Moonblast, Spore, Strength Sap)

Shirasagi the Palossand(Shadow Ball, Sand Tomb, Giga Drain, Earth Power)

All are around level 50. Is there anything (without spoilers) that I should know going forward?

So as someone who is just about to take on the Pokémon League (having caught Lunala already), my final team is...

Shigure the Primarina (Ice Beam, Hyper Voice, Sparkling Aria, Moonblast)

Primrose the Toucannon(Beak Blast, Roost, Fury Attack, Bullet Seed)

Vic Viper the Vikavolt (Bug Bite, Thunderbolt, Agility, Flash Cannon)

Aversa the Salazzle(Flamethrower, Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, Toxic)

Glowshroom the Shiinotic (Giga Drain, Moonblast, Spore, Strength Sap)

Shirasagi the Palossand(Shadow Ball, Sand Tomb, Giga Drain, Earth Power)

All are around level 50. Is there anything (without spoilers) that I should know going forward?

Are team types a spoiler?

Fighting, Rock, Ghost, Flying, and mixed.

E4 have teams 54/55 (ace), and the last trainer has 56/57 (lead)/58 (ace). Beware the last trainer's Stealth Rocks.