Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that I've completed the game, it's on to the Ultra Beast quest!

Though considering how prominent they were prerelease, I expected them to play a bigger role before the postgame... Either way I have UB-01 (Nihilego, though it didn't look like a Rock/Poison type) and UB-02 Beauty (Pheromosa, but what am I going to do with four of those?) so far.

While I greatly enjoyed SuMo and think that it's better than XY, I thought the availability of some Pokémon was... really bad. Vikavolt only available once you reach the Victory Road analogue? Type: Null only available postgame? Alolan Vulpix, Sandshrew, and Crabominable only available immediately before the Elite Four? I hope that any potential third version fixes these. What's worse is that Vikavolt and Crabominable evolve from Pokémon you can get before the first trial.

Besides that, though, there's a special Pokémon that's available postgame. You probably won't stumble upon it by accident so here's how you obtain it:

Following the capture of Solgaleo/Lunala, you can return to the Alter of the Sunne/Moone and find an Ultra Wormhole. You can only enter it if you have the aforementioned legendary in you party and it is night (in the real world, so nighttime in Sun and daytime in Moon). Once you do, you find yourself in an alternate world... which is identical is the main one, except time is twelve hours apart, so the day/night cycle the same as it is in the opposite version. This can be useful for finding Zygarde Cells and time based evolutions, though Rockruff will still only evolve into Midday Lycanroc in Sun and Midnight Lycanroc in Moon, and version exclusive Pokémon are still version exclusive.

To obtain the special Pokémon, you need to head to the Lake of the Sunne/Moone in the alternate world. Where is that, you may ask? To get there, you need to head right near the exit of Ula'ula Meadow. Once you reach the alter (again, with the cover legend in your party), you will find...

Cosmog! This cosmic puffball will join you automatically without needing to be captured. It has poor stats and only knows Splash, and will only know Splash until level 23, when it will learn Teleport. But if you somehow level up little Cosmog to level 43, then...

it will evolve in Cosmoem! Cosmoem similarly features poor stats (except for high defenses) and learns no attacking moves. It's also noteworthy in that it weighs over a ton despite being four inches tall (it's simultaneously tied for being the smallest and heaviest Pokémon, being heavier than Primal Groudon). Makes you wonder how Lillie could carry it around... Either way, if you somehow level up little Cosmoem to level 53, then...

it will evolve into Solgaleo in Sun or Lunala in Moon! Of course, to obtain it you'll already have a Solgaleo or Lunala, but another one is always appreciated.

Edited by Lightchao42

Hey guys, it is just me, or are the male swimmers in this gen pretty sexy? ^^

I know, I find it pretty sexy myself.

Actually, most of the generic male trainer designs in this game are really good. Especially the male Ace Trainer. I absolutely love the male Ace Trainer design, it's really cool looking.

The generic female trainers designs are also good, but not as good as the male ones.

I also noticed that there no Psychic trainer class in this game.

EDIT: Lightchao42, you can actually capture Alola Vulpix, Alola Sandshrew, Vanillite, Absol and Snorunt just before the Ghost Trial.

They are on Tapu Village. But they are rathe rare.

Edited by Water Mage

And speaking of Alolan Vulpix, I found myself an Ice Stone in Po Town, so when's the best time to evolve it? Elsa's at lv. 39 right now and has Extrasensory, Hex, Faint Attack, and Ice Beam currently.

And speaking of Alolan Vulpix, I found myself an Ice Stone in Po Town, so when's the best time to evolve it? Elsa's at lv. 39 right now and has Extrasensory, Hex, Faint Attack, and Ice Beam currently.

Frankly you can evolve her now if you want to. And Alola Ninetales learns Dazzling Gleam when it evolves, similar to Alola Raichu learning Psychic upon evolution.

If you're curious, the moves that she has yet to learn are Blizzard at level 42, Grudge at level 44, Captivate at level 47 and Sheer Cold at level 50.

Hey guys, it is just me, or are the male swimmers in this gen pretty sexy? ^^

I thought so too. A lot of the NPC's are rather good looking actually.

Also what are some good natures for the legendaries in this game? I haven't started capturing them but I would like to know.

I'm thinking of catching a bunch of Abras, and get a whole collection of synchronize abra's with almost all the natures. Although they can be rather annoying to find. Good thing the place they are in is low level. Any tips?

EDIT: Lightchao42, you can actually capture Alola Vulpix, Alola Sandshrew, Vanillite, Absol and Snorunt just before the Ghost Trial.

They are on Tapu Village. But they are rathe rare.

Point taken, though it still applies to Crabominable (and Glaceon). I'll keep that in mind if I want to use any of those Pokémon in the future.

I still would like if Type: Null was available before postgame, but I'll have to live with raising mine into a Silvally during the Ultra Beast quest. I gave it a Soothe Bell to make evolving it easier. And Gladion was even nice enough to give me every memory, too, so it can change types as soon as it evolves.

Edited by Lightchao42

Frankly you can evolve her now if you want to. And Alola Ninetales learns Dazzling Gleam when it evolves, similar to Alola Raichu learning Psychic upon evolution.

If you're curious, the moves that she has yet to learn are Blizzard at level 42, Grudge at level 44, Captivate at level 47 and Sheer Cold at level 50.

Oh, okay. And Blizzard is still a TM, isn't it? I can still just use that if I want the move if that's the case. Sheer Cold is one of those automatic KO, but very inaccurate moves, so I ignore those. Don't need Grudge or Captivate either, I think.

Also, I need a bit of help now... I don't know what else to do in the Team Skull mansion now that I have all three passwords. The guy at the door to Guzma's room says I need to look around and learn more than just those passwords, but I can't find anything more. I've gone everywhere I can access in the building.

Edited by Anacybele

[spoiler=At Ana]At the end, when he says are you sure those are the passwords, say No!, it's hinted on one of the password clues, iirc

Edit: Double checked, I don't know if it's randomized or consistent, but in my game, it was on the Tapu Cocoa password in the back room "Remember: a true Team Skull member always butts heads and answers with a hearty "No!""

Edited by Ether

The male Ace Trainer reminds me a bit of Neku Sakuraba from TWEWY, which is pretty cool.

Also, I'm still on the third island. Took a long ass hiatus, needed to evolve my Eevee into Espeon (side note: why the fuck am I using so many things that evolve in the day when I'm practically nocturnal and play at night), and then took a detour to catch a Cottonee. My team has too many slow Pokemon on it.

The female ace trainer is adorable.

Also uh, has anyone found the Return tm?
I somehow didn't find it through the entire game and was too lazy to check where it actually was, so...

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, November 24, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 24, 2016 - No reason given

doublepost, sorry

Edited by Sophie

I somehow didn't find it through the entire game and was too lazy to check where it actually was, so...

You have to go to the malasada place in Malie City and talk to the Oranguru there, who will give you Frustration, and then a police officer will show up and give you Return. You can only do it at night, though.

Also, just beat Hapu's trial. The only Pokemon of hers I had trouble with was her Alolan Dugtrio, who was much faster than I anticipated, and who I lost two Pokemon to due to my own missteps (and one of Kyoko's Shadow Claws missing). Her Gastrodon was surprisingly bulky, but not particularly dangerous, and her other two Pokemon I two-shotted.

Edited by AzureSen

The female ace trainer is adorable.

Oranguru in the Malie City Malasada Shop at night in postgame.

Well, I officially deleted my file to start a Nuzlocke run. Luckily, I wasn't too attached to anything other than my money which, considering how generous the people of Alola are, should be easily replaceable even without the gifts from the demo. I mean, I only spent money on clothing and the occasional potion and balls every now and again, anyways.

I used a random generator website to decide which starter to choose, and it looks like I'm going Popplio. I think I will name him either Bishounen (which I do usually only name my male Milotics) or just Pretty Boy because Primarina is beautiful, damn it.

The male Ace Trainer reminds me a bit of Neku Sakuraba from TWEWY, which is pretty cool.

Also, I'm still on the third island. Took a long ass hiatus, needed to evolve my Eevee into Espeon (side note: why the fuck am I using so many things that evolve in the day when I'm practically nocturnal and play at night), and then took a detour to catch a Cottonee. My team has too many slow Pokemon on it.

Slow pokemon against trainers in this game are not in any particularly bad disadvantage. Most pokemon are slow as shit in this game, or don't hit hard enough to 2hko your mons.

Those into guys get the Swimmers, those into girls get the Ace Trainers.

AHEM. Veterans for us older ladies! :P:

---

So I decided to do some Pokemon capturing. . .capturing on camera, that is! The most accessible camera spot doesn't give out enough Likes for me, which is sad. I really like the Growlithe that runs around in there!

Hey, have the Pokemon XY&Z episodes beyond the 40th one been skipped for dubbing in favor of the Sun and Moon anime? I noticed that the latter has started in English, but the former doesn't have anymore episodes available in English. This sucks if that's the case. I don't really like Japanese voice acting. Female voices tend to be far too high pitched and male ones...well, I'm just much more used to English voices.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, have the Pokemon XY&Z episodes beyond the 40th one been skipped for dubbing in favor of the Sun and Moon anime? I noticed that the latter has started in English, but the former doesn't have anymore episodes available in English. This sucks if that's the case. I don't really like Japanese voice acting. Female voices tend to be far too high pitched and male ones...well, I'm just much more used to English voices.

Well, the Sun and Moon anime starts Dec. 5th, so there is a little bit before it starts. It also airs on Disney XD, so they may finish up the XYZ anime on Cartoon Network. We'll just need to wait and see.

Well, the Sun and Moon anime starts Dec. 5th, so there is a little bit before it starts. It also airs on Disney XD, so they may finish up the XYZ anime on Cartoon Network. We'll just need to wait and see.

Oh, I see. I guess so. I was just wondering since I've seen dubbing of anime go unfinished (mainly in Yu-Gi-Oh anime series...). I really hate when they do that.

I mean, I'm interested in the Sun and Moon anime, of course, but I'd like to finish XY & Z too.

I just got to Poni Island, and dang those last two fights were something. That was a solid 3 level jump after the last major battle, and there were only 2 battles in between! I had to Revive stall a little bit just to deal with the first one, but the second could've ended really nastily if I didn't have Mimikyu. Having a pokemon with only Normal and Fighting moves is not a good idea if ghosts are readily available. But yeah, considering I only have physical attackers, and it's a Fluffy!Bewear, things could've ended really badly.