Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I wish we could have 2-3 possible ages for trainer, like in Awakening/Fates. I prefer being an older trainer.

I got a Timid Solgaleo.

You know, I regret saving now; even though I tend to avoid using such Pokémon, my collection feels incomplete with inferior 'mons in it. At least the IV's are awesome, although I guess that doesn't matter in a game where you can fix that too, although I don't see myself training Pokémon to level 100 unless I discover a quick and easy way to do so.

You can change IVs now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish we could have 2-3 possible ages for trainer, like in Awakening/Fates. I prefer being an older trainer.

Yeah, playing as a kid just feels a bit odd to me. I wish they could've been a bit older at least; 11 seems like a step back after Black and White.

You can change IVs now?

A guy in Hau'oli City can "Hyper Train" your Pokémon's IV's in exchange for a bottle cap. The thing is, it's got to be level 100, and I've got no idea just how you're supposed pull that off without saintly patience, which I really don't possess.

I might be because in the Pokemon world, going on a journey with Pokemon seems to be a sort of coming of age ritual, which is why the player is a kid.

There's also the fact that while Pokemon has a fans of all ages, it's still primarily aimed at kids.

You can change IVs now?

Keep in mind...it doesn't actually change the IVs. It just makes the corresponding stat become what it would be if the Pokemon had 31 IVs in that stat.

Sorry to spam this thread, but I just remembered two things I'd like to ask (that are both tied to story spoilers)

[spoiler=Story spoilers]1) Where does Guzma go after getting out of the Ultra Wormhole and helping Lusamine on top of Hapu's Mudsdale? I know Plumeria can challenge you if you play through the Elite Four again, but is there any way to talk to Guzma again? I feel like he just disappeared way too suddenly from the game.

2) How would you train Nihilego? I simply can't make up my mind if I want a quick special sweeper or a bulky hazard-spreader. Curses, I wish we got more than one of those.

I might be because in the Pokemon world, going on a journey with Pokemon seems to be a sort of coming of age ritual, which is why the player is a kid.

There's also the fact that while Pokemon has a fans of all ages, it's still primarily aimed at kids.

There's been games were we had 16 year olds, so it doesn't always have to be 10-11. Plus there's tons of people who played Pokémon back in the day, and have kept up with the series. I was 12 when Pokémon came out, and still play it at 30. My son is starting to show interest in it, and it doesn't have to be for just one demographic.

Sorry to spam this thread, but I just remembered two things I'd like to ask (that are both tied to story spoilers)

[spoiler=Story spoilers]1) Where does Guzma go after getting out of the Ultra Wormhole and helping Lusamine on top of Hapu's Mudsdale? I know Plumeria can challenge you if you play through the Elite Four again, but is there any way to talk to Guzma again? I feel like he just disappeared way too suddenly from the game.

2) How would you train Nihilego? I simply can't make up my mind if I want a quick special sweeper or a bulky hazard-spreader. Curses, I wish we got more than one of those.

Guzma is at his house in Route 2.

As a fun extra try checking the picture frames in the house

For the first question...

You can find Guzma in the house on Route 2 (you can talk to his parents and learn some of his backstory too). Afterwards you can battle him at Hau'oli Beachfront.

Edited by Lightchao42

You can change IVs now?

Sort of.

It just changes the stat so that it's like "IV 31"

It doesn't affect breeding.

Nor can you minimize IV's.

Sort of.It just changes the stat so that it's like "IV 31"It doesn't affect breeding.Nor can you minimize IV's.

How hard is it to change it to 31 IV functionally? Is it ridiculously time consuming, or can it be feasibly grinded for?

Guzma is at his house in Route 2.

As a fun extra try checking the picture frames in the house

For the first question...

You can find Guzma in the house on Route 2 (you can talk to his parents and learn some of his backstory too). Afterwards you can battle him at Hau'oli Beachfront.

That's awesome, thanks guys. I'm so glad that was put in the game.

20 legendaries? That IS pretty ridiculous. Though I'm not sure whether to count the Ultra Beasts as legendaries since they may not even be true Pokemon and come from an entirely different dimension rather than Alola or another region.

To be fair, Sinnoh had that exact amount. A lore filled game has to add lore filled characters, I spose.

What else is there to do post game?

After the UB's?

If you haven't done the optional postgame fights(Red/Blue, Guzma, etc), then the Eeveelution Quest, Battle Tree, make competitive teams, the end.

So exactly when are the egg characteristics determined? I looked on game faqs and it seems (3 year ago) that they are determined the moment the egg is made. I took this to mean, the moment the nursery helper gives you the 'i have an egg stance'.

That is not the case though, since the egg always ends up being the same. Tried it four times, all yielded a Mild, inner Focus, Female, Abra. Two of which (i forgot to check the other 2), had a hates to lose characteristic.

Is the next egg made randomly the moment i pick up the first egg?

Edit: WooooooooooooooT got my rash abra. Ok i think i'll be done with breeding for a while. I'm scared my pad might have suffered. Although i decided to go to Heahea city and hatch five pokemon there instead of running in circles.

Edited by SlayerX

So exactly when are the egg characteristics determined? I looked on game faqs and it seems (3 year ago) that they are determined the moment the egg is made. I took this to mean, the moment the nursery helper gives you the 'i have an egg stance'.

That is not the case though, since the egg always ends up being the same. Tried it four times, all yielded a Mild, inner Focus, Female, Abra. Two of which (i forgot to check the other 2), had a hates to lose characteristic.

Is the next egg made randomly the moment i pick up the first egg?

Edit: WooooooooooooooT got my rash abra. Ok i think i'll be done with breeding for a while. I'm scared my pad might have suffered. Although i decided to go to Heahea city and hatch five pokemon there instead of running in circles.

Why Rash Abra? Wouldn't Modest be better, or do you need the Attack for something?

Why Rash Abra? Wouldn't Modest be better, or do you need the Attack for something?

I was making a bunch of synchronize abras with all possible natures. Since Hyper training is available, i figured i'll just train instead of breeding. Particularly because i don't mind leveling as much.

To be fair, Sinnoh had that exact amount. A lore filled game has to add lore filled characters, I spose.

After the UB's?

If you haven't done the optional postgame fights(Red/Blue, Guzma, etc), then the Eeveelution Quest, Battle Tree, make competitive teams, the end.

Oh thanks, I almost forgot about the eeveelution one

Jump a lot of pages because 2lazy2read them. If there's anything important to mention, then sorry ^^'

Was it mentioned that Paralysis debuff got reduced from 25% spe to 50% spe? Which means that it now halves spe.

wait i thought paralysis always halved speed

Edited by sylveonzoroark

Honestly, given that Team Skull is a deconstruction of sending 11-year-olds out on journeys alone, it feels a bit disingenuous for them to turn around and explicitly say that the protagonists are 11, or for GameFreak to keep making the protagonists explicitly preteens.

EDIT: Sorry for the broken spoiler tags.

Edited by AzureSen

This conversation about Trainers's ages, made me realize that Pokemon is probably the game with the best environment for the player to chose the age of the protagonist.

After all, in the games the Pokemon are the ones doing the fighting, so the age if the Trainer really doesn't matter.

Children, teens, adults and old people anyone can be a Trainer and compete on equal level. There are almost no limits in who can be a Trainer.

So it's a missed opportunity that Pokemon doesn't allow you to chose the age of the protagonist, because it's a universe where it can work.

Eh, I never cared that my trainer is a preteen kid.

Anyway, I got Solgaleo. It only took one Ultra Ball, so I bet it has a high catch rate, at least for a legendary. Though I did knock its HP down quite a bit and put it to sleep with Arie the Primarina's Sing.

That was craziness before this part though. I mean the part about Ultra Space. Dang.

I also climbed my way to the Pokemon League. Was rather disappointed to see no real equivalent to Victory Road, but at the same time, that might've felt a little overwhelming after just coming out of Poni Canyon.

Eh, I never cared that my trainer is a preteen kid.

Anyway, I got Solgaleo. It only took one Ultra Ball, so I bet it has a high catch rate, at least for a legendary. Though I did knock its HP down quite a bit and put it to sleep with Arie the Primarina's Sing.

That was craziness before this part though. I mean the part about Ultra Space. Dang.

I also climbed my way to the Pokemon League. Was rather disappointed to see no real equivalent to Victory Road, but at the same time, that might've felt a little overwhelming after just coming out of Poni Canyon.

Yeah the 'victory road' is very empty, though it is partly because it is so new. Either way, made me sad cause i needed to level up my team and it took a while to do so.

Also Solgaleo's catch rate is 45, which is great for soft-resetting.

Edited by SlayerX

I forget how X and Y handled it, but I'm glad the GTS lets you scroll through trade options instead of throwing up five of them randomly. Though there's a ton asking for Necrozma and Type: Null, it's much easier to find the actually reasonable trade requests.