Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could swear Burnet is not new and that I've seen her before Sun and Moon. Wasn't she the lady in that one side game that went with B2W2, where you could use your system's camera to find Pokemon? You could also use this game to get the Kami trio into your B2 or W2. I can't at all remember what it was called for some reason.

I could swear Burnet is not new and that I've seen her before Sun and Moon. Wasn't she the lady in that one side game that went with B2W2, where you could use your system's camera to find Pokemon? You could also use this game to get the Kami trio into your B2 or W2. I can't at all remember what it was called for some reason.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professor_Burnet

Huh, she was certainly seen first in Unova, that's for sure. Weird, I had no idea!

You know, I sort of like that, bringing back more obscure characters and showing them traveling and doing something with their lives. Makes the world seem more alive. Well, so long as it's not done ad absurdum, of course.

Even more concept art! This Gladion and Lily's time!

Gladion

dc0.jpg

If what I'm reading is right, the intentionally designed Gladion with an Emo in mind.

That's actually hilarious.

Lily

5c0.jpg

Edited by Water Mage

Gladion

dc0.jpg

If what I'm reading is right, the intentionally designed Gladion with an Emo in mind.

Lily

5c0.jpg

"Gotta express that middle school arrogance and being emo" HAH! That's a good one.

Also, I'm so glad Lillie turned out to be a good character. I was so afraid of her being Azura-fied.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professor_Burnet

Huh, she was certainly seen first in Unova, that's for sure. Weird, I had no idea!

You know, I sort of like that, bringing back more obscure characters and showing them traveling and doing something with their lives. Makes the world seem more alive. Well, so long as it's not done ad absurdum, of course.

I knew my memory wasn't wrong on this one! Pokemon Dream Radar, that's the side game I was thinking of.

Ugh, damn it, I accidentally knocked UB-01 out with a critical hit. Did I just screw myself out of being able to get it? I forgot to save after talking to Wicke...

No, after knocking it out all you have to do is encounter it again in the same area. This applies to every UB.

Edited by Lightchao42

No, after knocking it out all you have to do is encounter it again in the same area. This applies to every UB.

Yeeeah, I discovered that right after I posted. lol But thanks. I got it this time.

Nice art there ~

I'm amazed at how diverse is the early game in Sun and Moon. It offers a wide variety of typing right away while the rest of the Gens limited the player to Normal, Flying and Bug pokemon (which commonly were weak mons) and some of them gave the player Poison, Psychic, Dark and Electric, but that's really few options. Asides from offering a diversity of types, a lot of them are good mons and useful.

I was rigging some Abras in Hau'Oli city but they have terrible natures, the best I got was Rash. Just went to Route 2 and the Hau'Oli Cemetery but it's already night here and day on the game, so I'll suspend until tomorrow to catch Misdreavus and train it. Pokemon so far are Rowlet lv 16 and Slowpoke with Oblivious lv 14. Cursed Slowpoke hits like a TRUCK

I think the words "All right!" and "Ooh, yes!" are going to trigger me for the rest of my life now; every time I enter the Battle Tree, I inevitably lose to a Lass that says just that. I don't know how they manage to always have the answers to my teams, but damn if they don't sap any potential enjoyment to be had from the Battle Tree - I haven't even been able to scout a single famous trainer yet!

That's how things like the Battle Tower or Battle Tree work, the NPCs are specifically generated to counter your team.

The best way to explain this is a hackmon in Gen V

If you hack a Spiritomb or Sableye to have Wonder Guard (which at the time had no type weaknesses, making them invulnerable to direct attacks with wonder guard), the Battle Subway trainers will start packing status moves, abilities like Snow Warning and Sand Stream... and Fire Fang. For some reason, this specific move is exempt from Wonder Guard, which normally never comes up since Shedinja is weak to it anyway, yet the Battle Subway trainers somehow know this and use it.

Edit: so I just read on BGF that a bunch of megas (from Gen VI, of course) are coded into the game and can be used against you be random NPCs in battle facilities... But their mega stones cannot be player obtained at all.

Apparently, there are 27 of them:

Also, speaking of Pokemon Stars. Does anyone think it (or at least, whatever the next game is) will bring back the missing Mega Stones? Currently, the Pokemon who are missing their Mega Stones are Abomasnow, Aggron, Altaria, Ampharos, Audino, Banette, Beedrill, Blaziken, Camerupt, Diancie, Gallade, Gardevoir, Heracross, Houndoom, Latias, Latios, Loppunny, Manectric, Mawile, Medicham, Mewtwo X, Mewtwo Y, Pidgeot, Sceptile, Steelix, Swampert, and Tyranitar.

Anyone able to confirm this?

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Holy crap this game might have the best Elite Four theme in the series! (only BW might be better)

...though I still maintain that the champion is the seriest weakest. Not in terms of team, but in terms of character.

Gladion

dc0.jpg

Lily

5c0.jpg

HAH at Gladion's (though the game itself states that the holes in his clothing are from Type: Null attacking him at first).

And I'm not surprised there's an entire chart for Lillie's expressions- she had a lot of them. #9/Sophocles eyes (yes, he has them- kinda freaky when you really look at it) were mostly used as a transition into other expressions.

Also: is it just me, or does Lillie's theme sound a lot like something you'd hear Yoko Shimomura compose for Kingdom Hearts? Remove the harmonica and it would fit perfectly.

Holy crap this game might have the best Elite Four theme in the series! (only BW might be better)

...though I still maintain that the champion is the seriest weakest. Not in terms of team, but in terms of character.

To me, Kukui gets one over on Diantha easily- he actually has a defined character.

But yeah, the dude bro surfer act got old and the fact that he never seemed to really break from that kept him from feeling relatable.

And I was just thinking the same thing- BW's has that killer bass line and the Hoenn reprise bit, but the SM one is a close second. It feels so intense, thanks to the distorted electric guitar.

As a note to people catching the UB's, the Beast Ball multiplies their catch rate by 5x, which makes them extremely easy to capture at full health. The only one I had trouble with was UB-04 and that's mainly because of its huge Special Attack stat.

Speaking of the Champion Battle music, it's weird listening to it, and realizing that some of the music we've been listening to in the trailers were parts of it.

UB-04 is Kartana/Celesteela. Xurkitree is UB-03.

Edited by Konnor97

As a note to people catching the UB's, the Beast Ball multiplies their catch rate by 5x, which makes them extremely easy to capture at full health. The only one I had trouble with was UB-04 and that's mainly because of its huge Special Attack stat.

i wish i saw this sooner

To me, Kukui gets one over on Diantha easily- he actually has a defined character.

But yeah, the dude bro surfer act got old and the fact that he never seemed to really break from that kept him from feeling relatable.

I forgot about Diantha actually hahaha.

Though she does have a better theme than SM's champ though.

One thing I love about this game's elite four is how the characters are ones you've already encountered. It really adds to the world building imo.

Though who was the flying girl? Apparently she was in the demo?

Edited by Ema Skye

Really? I still lowered UB-01's HP and put it to sleep just to be safe. And I'll probably do that with the other UBs as well.