Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I forgot about Diantha actually hahaha.

Though she does have a better theme than SM's champ though.

One thing I love about this game's elite four is how the characters are ones you've already encountered. It really adds to the world building imo.

Though who was the flying girl? Apparently she was in the demo?

Kahili was mentioned in the demo by an Ace Trainer. She didn't actually appear in the demo.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I love about this game's elite four is how the characters are ones you've already encountered. It really adds to the world building imo.

Though who was the flying girl? Apparently she was in the demo?

She's mentioned in the demo multiple times, and in the actual game itself, which implied that she'd be the actual champion, iirc.

Really? I still lowered UB-01's HP and put it to sleep just to be safe. And I'll probably do that with the other UBs as well.

Yes. This is the modifier rate for every Ultra Beast except Necrozma and the Box Legendaries. If you want to read it yourself, go here.

Like I said, Xurkitree was the only one I struggled with, but the other 4 you'll get if you just chuck them like a mad-man/woman, you'll catch em anyway.

Because if ya don't, you'll be stuck with 50 Beast Balls you'll probably have no use for unless you want to catch a Beldum in one for the topest of kek's.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

She's mentioned in the demo multiple times, and in the actual game itself, which implied that she'd be the actual champion, iirc.

Yes. This is the modifier rate for every Ultra Beast except Necrozma and the Box Legendaries. If you want to read it yourself, go here.

Like I said, Xurkitree was the only one I struggled with, but the other 4 you'll get if you just chuck them like a mad-man/woman, you'll catch em anyway.

Because if ya don't, you'll be stuck with 50 Beast Balls you'll probably have no use for unless you want to catch a Beldum in one for the topest of kek's.

50? But I only received ten Beast Balls. I guess you get more later. :P

I envy you guys that have so much time to play. I'm still on the first Island and just finished Route 3.

Still, I'm very much enjoying the game. All the changes are a breath of fresh air.

Same here.

Even with Thanksgiving weekend, family events aren't really the place to bring one's 3ds.

I find it funny that the Beast Ball is known as the "Ultra Ball" in the Japanese version, since the English Ultra Ball is known as the "Hyper Ball" in Japan (which is why it has an "H" on it).

[spoiler=In regard to the champion, though...]

Leading up to the Elite Four I thought that the champion would be Hau, but he and Gladion were fought immediately before the Elite Four instead so it couldn't be them. So then the only real options were Kukui and Lillie, and I didn't think that Lillie would acquire a team of level 60 Pokémon without actually being a trainer.

[spoiler=And speaking of rare Pokémon...]

Is anyone actually expected to find Cosmog and Necrozma on their own? Cosmog's requirements are delightfully obscure (I made a post on it) and Necrozma is essentially a random encounter in an out of the way location that can only be found after the UB quest is complete. At least Looker indicates to you that it exists and that it's on Melemele. Though I did find Necrozma's location (and the Flyinium Z) while searching for it, I didn't think to search though the grass for a legendary and thus didn't know that it was there until I looked it up.

Edited by Lightchao42

I find it funny that the Beast Ball is known as the "Ultra Ball" in the Japanese version, since the English Ultra Ball is known as the "Hyper Ball" in Japan (which is why it has an "H" on it).

[spoiler=In regard to the champion, though...]

Leading up to the Elite Four I thought that the champion would be Hau, but he and Gladion were fought immediately before the Elite Four instead so it couldn't be them. So then the only real options were Kukui and Lillie, and I didn't think that Lillie would acquire a team of level 60 Pokémon without actually being a trainer.

[spoiler=And speaking of rare Pokémon...]

Is anyone actually expected to find Cosmog and Necrozma on their own? Cosmog's requirements are delightfully obscure (I made a post on it) and Necrozma is essentially a random encounter in an out of the way location that can only be found after the UB quest is complete. At least Looker indicates to you that it exists and that it's on Melemele. Though I did find Necrozma's location (and the Flyinium Z) while searching for it, I didn't think to search though the grass for a legendary and thus didn't know that it was there until I looked it up.

Not opening that spoiler... but it's just something you can't help.

Ultra ball for Ultra Beasts... whole in English... that name was already taken from a name since Gen 1.

Just finished the credits!

That ending picture with Lillie is adorable! I'm going to miss her...

This game's story in general is one of the series' strongest, if not the strongest.

That's a lot of notes for Mina, who didn't have a big role in the game, but almost nothing for Guzma, that's weird.

Also, "uses pictures to express herself when words fail her"...hmm...

tumblr_inline_mw2h3bPN9V1qkpnrw.gif

Edit: aaaah! I'm in need of immediate assistance! If I use Z-Accelrock, will it retain its increased priority? I'm at the 19:th game of the Battle Tree, and it all comes down to this. My opponent started with a Gliscor against my Tapu Koko, which used Agility, then Swords Dance and then Baton Pass to a Grass/Electric Rotom (useless SD, but still), and I've got a burned Tapu Koko with 8 HP left, one Lycanroc Day and an unhurt Water Silvally.

Again, tailor-made against my team.

Edited by Thane

That's a lot of notes for Mina, who didn't have a big role in the game, but almost nothing for Guzma, that's weird.

Also, "uses pictures to express herself when words fail her"...hmm...tumblr_inline_mw2h3bPN9V1qkpnrw.gif

Maybe she was meant to have a bigger role?

My theory is that she was going to have a trial before the battle with Hapu, but they decided not to do it because by the time you reach the fourth island, the story is at it's climax, and perhaps they didn't want to drag it out with another trial.

Maybe that's why the Dragon Trial was so short?

Not a great theory, but that's the best I could come up with.

EDIT: No, Z-Moves don't carry priority.

Edited by Water Mage

EDIT: No, Z-Moves don't carry priority.

Noooooooooooo!

Now, do I go for damage or do I expect the AI to do something stupid? It has Charge Beam, Will-o-Wisp, Hex and Ominous Wind, so at least my Silvally should be able to clean it up. Argh! I hate this place so much!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit: Got it! ...But now he's got a cursing Steelix. Welp.

Aaaand I'm out. He had the perfect team against mine. Lovely. I'll never get to the 20:th match unless I spam Ultra Beasts.

Edited by Thane

Noooooooooooo!

Now, do I go for damage or do I expect the AI to do something stupid? It has Charge Beam, Will-o-Wisp, Hex and Ominous Wind, so at least my Silvally should be able to clean it up. Argh! I hate this place so much!

Thanks for the quick reply.

No, and my best advice is to hope the AI do something stupid.

And there might actually be an explanation as for why the Battle Tree is starting to becoming hard for you.

I once heard to some Battle Facilities such as the Battle Tower and Maison has thing that after you start getting a long winning streak, the opponents will start having teams that are specifically made to counter yours.

Samson Oak and Grimsley art:

1480200406166.jpg

The sheer difference in the amount of notes on their art is kinda funny.

Considering the notes on Grimsley's section is safe to assume that Sun and Moon takes place two years after XY and Black2White2.

EDIT: I was beaten to it.

Edited by Water Mage

So uh...what made Grimsley age so poorly? Graying hair and sunken eyes; he didn't strike me as that old in Black and White, but he gives off a bit of a sickly vibe here.

It was probably stress.

According to the development team, Grimsley is the son of a distinguished family that fell into ruin. As a result, he developed a gambling addiction.

He does seem to act rather tired in Sun and Moon, perhaps due to the stress caused by compulsive gambling.

Edited by Water Mage

It was probably stress.

According to the development team, Grimsley is the son of a distinguished family that fell into ruin. As a result, he developed a gambling addiction.

He does seem to act rather tired in Sun and Moon, perhaps due to the stress caused by compulsive gambling.

Huh, I had no idea. I thought gambling was just his schtick; I've only played through Black and White once, since I don't personally own a regular DS.

Dang, Pokémon can get kind of dark sometimes. I'm glad they don't shy away from some heavier teams every now and again; I think it blends well with the overall cheerful tone of the series.

I would assume the big discrepancy in the number of notes is how much fun they had drawing the character and practicing them, most likely.

Makes sense to me.

Hapu is a myth...

Huh, I had no idea. I thought gambling was just his schtick; I've only played through Black and White once, since I don't personally own a regular DS.

Dang, Pokémon can get kind of dark sometimes. I'm glad they don't shy away from some heavier teams every now and again; I think it blends well with the overall cheerful tone of the series.

Speaking of heavier and realistic subjects, here are some interesting screenshots:

45f.png

a33.jpg

0a9.jpg

740.jpg

I play video games to escape real life problems dammit not to deal them!

Edited by Water Mage

I haven't played, but Silvally type of pokemon had a history of breaking tower type content. The strats is basically Parting Shot into set up mon/"broken mon with Dragon Dance"

The introduction to Z Move expand this strategy into Silvally, Set up mon, and Z Move nuke. I guess if you are tryhard enough you can try Silvally Gyarados Porygon-Z idk

Edited by JSND

Trying to get to the battle three aaaaand I am not ready for this...

I fucking love the new IV checker! Turns out i have a max IV att, sp def, and speed, with very good defense. So cool. HP is decent though... but that doesn't matter much

I also caugth two vulpix with snow warning which are pretty good, just wrong nature :V, one is max sp. att and spD and another max HP, sp. att and SpD with pretty good speed and max def.

This is great I love this feature!

Edited by SlayerX