Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just make PokeGen an unlockable feature after becoming champion or smth.

This, so much this. Pokemon is advance enough to influence the pokemon's dna at this point...

Anycase, ultra beast seem hard to catch. i heard they were really easy, even at full health with an ultra beast ball, but i just have terrible luck.

Anycase, ultra beast seem hard to catch. i heard they were really easy, even at full health with an ultra beast ball, but i just have terrible luck.

Only UB2B and UB4Blade are easy, with a 255 catch rate. That means, I believe, they have a 99.9% chance to be caught with a Beast Ball at full health.

The rest have varying catch rates, ranging from 45 - 15.

UB1: 45

UB2A: 25

UB3: 30

UB4Blaster: 25

UB5: 15

Edited by Emerson

Only UB2B and UB4Blade are easy, with a 255 catch rate. That means, I believe, they have a 99.9% chance to be caught with a Beast Ball at full health.

oh i see. Makes sense why this damn bug won't be caught so easily.

I caught all the UBs with little trouble. Maybe I got a little lucky? :P

It was mainly Buzzwole who gave me trouble. My team is mostly physical tanks, so it was a pain to get it down to low health :<

I had to stop because the game wouldnt give me a timid Xurkitree even with a synchronize timid kadabra for a lead (they grow up fast lol) and multiple resets.

Although i did get a Modest nihil, adamant and impish buzzwole so not all was wasted i guess.

Edited by SlayerX

Of course they'd make the most broken Pokémon in the game easy to catch... Of course. Typical Gamefreak.

Of course they'd make the most broken Pokémon in the game easy to catch... Of course. Typical Gamefreak.

On the bright side, it means resetting for natures/IVs is a lot less time-consuming!

the tauros thing is nice and all, but i miss my bike =(

same, it's just not the same. =(

really what i miss the most though is the feature in bw2 where it showed silhouettes of every pokemon available on a route and was like YEAH YOU DID IT when you got all of them. makes completing the pokedex a lot more satisfying!

A lot of things in BW2 should come back tbh, Habitat lists, difficulty selection, XTranceiver calls to get things like friendship ratings and evolution methods on the go, and all that side stuff those games had.

Hopefully done a lot better than it was in BW2, though. Considering each Pokemon game has so many features nowadays, I can understand why they'd cut some from the next game (even if they made things more convenient) but I don't really get how they choose what to cut and what gets kept in. I'd hope they'd at least keep things that made the game more convenient and things that added to the basic functionality of stuff that was already in the game to begin with (e.g. habitat lists, additional difficulties), but then they don't and I'm like "noooooooooo".

Hopefully done a lot better than it was in BW2, though. Considering each Pokemon game has so many features nowadays, I can understand why they'd cut some from the next game (even if they made things more convenient) but I don't really get how they choose what to cut and what gets kept in. I'd hope they'd at least keep things that made the game more convenient and things that added to the basic functionality of stuff that was already in the game to begin with (e.g. habitat lists, additional difficulties), but then they don't and I'm like "noooooooooo".

Yeah, difficulty selection, or more accurately, the method of unlocking it, was really awful in BW2. The modes themselves were fine, though.

And yeah, it's understandable why some things (like... the movies) got cut, but some cuts (minor convenience things like the XTransceiver stuff and Habitat Lists) just don't make sense.

I give more of a pass to XY than ORAS and SM though, since XY and B2W2 had largely simultaneous development by separate teams, but yeah, I really don't see why it stayed dropped.

All those Gamefaqs threads talking about "How will Sun and Moon be remembered?"

To me: Sun and Moon will be remembered as the Pokemon games with a blatant 100% intentional innuendo in the script.

As if the darker tone and complete aversion of "never say die" alongside the more reactive combat animations and some fanservicey designs didn't already make me question how the games got a flat "E" rating in the first place.

same, it's just not the same. =(

really what i miss the most though is the feature in bw2 where it showed silhouettes of every pokemon available on a route and was like YEAH YOU DID IT when you got all of them. makes completing the pokedex a lot more satisfying!

oh yeah i completely forgot about that feature! i was so disappointed when it didn't come back in gen 6 tbh

oh yeah i completely forgot about that feature! i was so disappointed when it didn't come back in gen 6 tbh

it kinda came back in ORAS, except better. Man, the DexNav was soooo good. I loved it, particularly cause i could choose which pokemon i could capture if i had it already.

Yeah, DexNav was really good as well. My favourite part was how you could get OP egg moves w/o putting in that much effort. I have a level 2 Tailow with Brave Bird on my file. It is the best thing.

Edited by Refa