Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they'd make the most broken Pokémon in the game easy to catch... Of course. Typical Gamefreak.

Well Salamence comes before first trial so....

BB Ninja best nature right now would be Timid but theres chance that Naive is better long tern

Edited by JSND

I think i'll go for a naive then. It's defenses are poor anyway... hope synchronize works with gifted pokemon :V

Oh hey IVs are set on this thing. Best IV's in sp. att, speed and att. Neat

Welp got my naive in a few resets. Was a bit scared it was just going to cycle through impish and docile there cause both showed up twice in the first four tries lol

Edited by SlayerX

All those Gamefaqs threads talking about "How will Sun and Moon be remembered?"

Para Para Pokemon and Alola forms, IMO.

But I'll remember it as the game where my home got some international representation, which was mostly correct.

To me: Sun and Moon will be remembered as the Pokemon games with a blatant 100% intentional innuendo in the script.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

8ec.jpg2ba.png817.png

None at all...

Though it's seriously funny they're all related to Mallow's challenge. Someone had a field day writing that one.

While I'm sharing pictures, I think this is one of the more surprising, minor plot twists in the entire game.

[spoiler=End game]60e.png

That is actually one of the most clever plot twist GF done really

The scary part is that it is actually no different than the attitude shown by Pokefan in general. I'm talking about these:

Spr_GS_Pok%C3%A9fan_M.png

He dressed his son in Pikachu themed clothes. Its really no different than Lusamine forcing Lilie to wear Nihilego themed clothing, just taken to its disturbing logical conclusion, and with a child twice/thrice the age

I have no idea what you're talking about.

8ec.jpg2ba.png817.png

None at all...

Though it's seriously funny they're all related to Mallow's challenge. Someone had a field day writing that one.

While I'm sharing pictures, I think this is one of the more surprising, minor plot twists in the entire game.

[spoiler=End game]60e.png

I'm talking about on Exeguttor Island.

After fighting the Exeguttor, Lillie says "So that was an Alolan Exeguttor. They've certainly grown more vigorously than I would've liked."

The cutscene then grinds to a complete halt as it does a closeup of her suddenly smiling and laughing to herself.

Catch all the UBs in a post game quest line. Your reward is at the end.

Man, you got that right. I was like "WHOA" when I got that reward.

But...what's next now?

Looker said he saw something black flying in the sky. I'm guessing that's either Marshadow or the black origami-like creature we saw in Coro-Coro. And I'd like to find both. Or just one if they're actually one in the same. But there doesn't seem to be a way to do that at present.

Man, you got that right. I was like "WHOA" when I got that reward.

But...what's next now?

Looker said he saw something black flying in the sky. I'm guessing that's either Marshadow or the black origami-like creature we saw in Coro-Coro. And I'd like to find both. Or just one if they're actually one in the same. But there doesn't seem to be a way to do that at present.

That black origami creature is in the game.

Try searching the grassy area of Ten Carat Hill.

After fighting the Exeguttor, Lillie says "So that was an Alolan Exeguttor. They've certainly grown more vigorously than I would've liked."

The cutscene then grinds to a complete halt as it does a closeup of her suddenly smiling and laughing to herself.

Oh I know, you mentioned it before, which was why I didn't include it in my little list. I just find it funny there's so much of it.

Like, wtf, Hau ?

You let Lillie got captured by those Skull guys, really dude ? How the heck ?... And he have the gale to smile after that !

Meanwhile, Gladio do Jojo's pose, 'just take his pokeballs', like you said, and go do what every poke-protag did in this kind of situations.

Glardion's cool.

Not gonna lie, I've seen that twist coming. Kinda.

Despite myself, I laughed, hard, way harder than I probably should have.

That black origami creature is in the game.

Try searching the grassy area of Ten Carat Hill.

Oh, really? Thanks! Did people just find this out randomly? I got like no hints. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, really? Thanks! Did people just find this out randomly? I got like no hints. xP

According to serebii

Apparently looker goes to Melemele island's motel, so he might give a hint about it. Idk though since i havent gotten that far. I will check though

I finally got my copy of Pokemon Sun today and so far its pretty good. Team Skull is charmingly dumb and Hau and Lillie are good so far.

Starting today i'm the proud owner of not one, not two, but fourteen cutieflies. only the last one decided not to have the useless honey gatherer as ability.

Lillie is mysterious. -.-

We have a new Pokeball to catch duck-inspired Pokemon? :P:

Same with the Beast Ball.

Well, I officially deleted my file to start a Nuzlocke run. Luckily, I wasn't too attached to anything other than my money which, considering how generous the people of Alola are, should be easily replaceable even without the gifts from the demo. I mean, I only spent money on clothing and the occasional potion and balls every now and again, anyways.

I used a random generator website to decide which starter to choose, and it looks like I'm going Popplio. I think I will name him either Bishounen (which I do usually only name my male Milotics) or just Pretty Boy because Primarina is beautiful, damn it.

The Mermaid pokemon. lol

Slow pokemon against trainers in this game are not in any particularly bad disadvantage. Most pokemon are slow as shit in this game, or don't hit hard enough to 2hko your mons.

Tis why I'm using Ash's Greninja instead after giving it it's EV's in the right places. Do this with all of the special event Pokemon main-game.

Ev's

102 Speed

156 Attk

252 Sp.Attk

Hey, have the Pokemon XY&Z episodes beyond the 40th one been skipped for dubbing in favor of the Sun and Moon anime? I noticed that the latter has started in English, but the former doesn't have anymore episodes available in English. This sucks if that's the case. I don't really like Japanese voice acting. Female voices tend to be far too high pitched and male ones...well, I'm just much more used to English voices.

Well, the Sun and Moon anime starts Dec. 5th, so there is a little bit before it starts. It also airs on Disney XD, so they may finish up the XYZ anime on Cartoon Network. We'll just need to wait and see.

...And can't wait to get it in my collection though it's still annoying to have Team Rocket around at this point. :/

Finished the first island and just arrived at the second. So far I'm really enjoying it. My interest in Pokemon really started to lower with Gen 6 after so much of the same, so this game feels quite refreshing with its new trial system.

Current team:

- Dartrix Lv.19 (Shinichi)

- Makuhita Lv.18 (Benny)

- Trumbeak Lv.17 (Donny)

- Magnemite Lv.17 (Ray)

- Wingull Lv.16 (Sophie)

- Petilil Lv.12 (Kirsikka)

cwA5KG.jpg
ndM2tW.jpg
Lli1nS.jpg
xygyiv.jpg
Still will miss them. Stupid Pokemon Bank secruity. -.-

Got my copy already yay!

Just started the game and I'm already rigging Rowlet's nature. The best I've got so far is Impish with perfect defense because Mild, Sassy and Naive are terrible ~

I just take any female starter and then breed a better one later on. =]

I'm at Poni Canyon now. And I must say, Lillie is my favorite character in this game (though I like Hau a lot too). Her development is SO good. She's really well written!

I also really like Hau because of just how damn cheerful and calm he is, even in a serious situation. He's so positive that it makes me feel just as positive! This guy just has all sorts of good vibes.

Only she is much like Azura(FEFates) hiding secrets. =p
Some folks get annoyed by it though.

Jolteon might be good. I'm currently using Magnemite as my Electric type, but it's not set in stone. I'm not sure when I'll get a Thunder Stone.

I'm sort of reddish-blonde/dirty blonde now, but I was pretty much platinum blonde as a kid.

I love the haircut option.
Giving mine(Me) straight blond Platinum hair with a flower hat to have me look like Lillie. ^_^

Yeah, but you can't change the IVs until you level up the Pokemon to 100.

Which is further irritating with the EXP formula from Gen V returning where you get lesser EXP the more that you level up.
It also doesn't give any to their usual..erm...it doesn't max them to 31, or raise any of their usual ones any higher. Just substitutes it.

Dark isn't Raichu's only weakness, you know... There's also Ground, Ghost, and probably Bug too. I did have trouble with it the first time Hau used it, but that was only because it caught me by complete surprise. I didn't actually think he'd have evolved his Pikachu that quickly. But after that I had no problem using Mudsdale or Marowak's Ground moves to beat it.

And there are non-Dark type Pokemon that know Dark type moves too.

Thank god that I won't evolve mine. Light Ball bonus+Want my run to be like the anime.

Oh, okay. That explains it.

I finished the league! Though...I got lucky in the final battle. If it hadn't been for my Marowak deciding to hang on at 1HP due to affection, I would've lost. I didn't have any Pokemon left that were effective against the opponent. Most of my team had been knocked out at this point. This was the most challenging champion battle I'd had since Cynthia.

But this game's champ has given Cynthia competition for my favorite champion in the series. :P

*Giggle*
The love for your Pokemon made this happen. I can't wait to take them in coordinating contests so they'll love me much more. ^.^

That's a lot of notes for Mina, who didn't have a big role in the game, but almost nothing for Guzma, that's weird.

Also, "uses pictures to express herself when words fail her"...hmm...

tumblr_inline_mw2h3bPN9V1qkpnrw.gif

Edit: aaaah! I'm in need of immediate assistance! If I use Z-Accelrock, will it retain its increased priority? I'm at the 19:th game of the Battle Tree, and it all comes down to this. My opponent started with a Gliscor against my Tapu Koko, which used Agility, then Swords Dance and then Baton Pass to a Grass/Electric Rotom (useless SD, but still), and I've got a burned Tapu Koko with 8 HP left, one Lycanroc Day and an unhurt Water Silvally.

Again, tailor-made against my team.

Vera_zps1c60a878.gif

Artists.

Catch all the UBs in a post game quest line. Your reward is at the end.

I sort of like this new feature giving what is more deserved rather than just hustling off of trainers.

What is a good nature for battle bond Greninja?

Well Salamence comes before first trial so....

BB Ninja best nature right now would be Timid but theres chance that Naive is better long tern

F9ZEHn.jpg
xpuvjN.jpg
Naive or Hasty.

Don't want to nerf it's attack powers in both Physical and Magical.

I think i'll go for a naive then. It's defenses are poor anyway... hope synchronize works with gifted pokemon :V

Oh hey IVs are set on this thing. Best IV's in sp. att, speed and att. Neat

Welp got my naive in a few resets. Was a bit scared it was just going to cycle through impish and docile there cause both showed up twice in the first four tries lol

Even though Smogon suggests Timid for Spike/Toxic Spikes. Suggesting Naive, or Hasty more because it's base attack is too good to nerf down.

-Toxic

-Spikes

-Night Slash

-Water Shuriken

Are what I'm giving mine.

My team so far...

-Happiny

-Greninja(Battle Bond)

-Pikachu(Light Ball)

-Trumbeak

Other two will be from the aloha region. 2 Trials passed!

Edited by PuffPuff

Wow, okay...um...

This black guy is either not a UB or just has a very low catch rate, because the Beast Balls don't work well at all, even when it's down to its last bit of health (I mistakenly KO'd it with a burn status). Is it not actually a UB? Would I have better luck with a different ball?

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, okay...um...

This black guy is either not a UB or just has a very low catch rate, because the Beast Balls don't work well at all, even when it's down to its last bit of health (I mistakenly KO'd it with a burn status). Is it not actually a UB? Would I have better luck with a different ball?

*Giggle*

This game is much more fun to play without knowing anything about Gen 7's Pokemon.

Only know the Pom Pom Chicken, the starters, Pipeck and Roruff. Only just finished Trial two. How's the game?!

----

I've looked at no spoiler tags of course as I'd like to avoid as much of it as possible.

Edited by PuffPuff

I did play it with knowing very little about them, and that doesn't answer my quesiton...

It doesn't.

But...I'm sure somebody can help. Seems that your having fun with it. XD

Wow, okay...um...

Necrozma might look very similar to the Ultra Beasts, but it's classified under 'Legendary" so Beast Balls aren't gonna work. So whatever you'd go for actual Legendaries works the best

Yeah, it was a pretty fun game! It's probably my new favorite along with gen 4.

Necrozma might look very similar to the Ultra Beasts, but it's classified under 'Legendary" so Beast Balls aren't gonna work. So whatever you'd go for actual Legendaries works the best

Oh. Huh... Mysterious!

Ive said it before, but this game is ridiculous with money XD

that mission reward :O. I saw it increase and i;m a little amazed lol

I kinda like it, not having to grind for money :D