Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clothes in hau'oli mall alone are soooo expensive... 50000 for a shirt? No thanks... Even the glasses, like wtf 39k ... yeah i wont be spending too much money there until like i am bored enough to grind for it.. OMG just saw the backpacks the fuck lol.

Edited by SlayerX

Wow, I guess the Hau'oli Mall is like the boutique in Lumiose City in XY. Super expensive clothing. :P

I caught that legendary, btw! I guess it actually has a higher catch rate than I thought, I just used one Ultra Ball. Catching legendaries sure isn't like the way it used to be. But I don't really mind, because in the past, they tended to be really frustrating to catch.

I'm visiting the Battle Tree next, since I can't find anything else to do besides Pokedex stuff. I probably won't actually battle there, I'm surely not a good enough player. I just want to see it.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, I guess the Hau'oli Mall is like the boutique in Lumiose City in XY. Super expensive clothing. :P

I caught that legendary, btw! I guess it actually has a higher catch rate than I thought, I just used one Ultra Ball. Catching legendaries sure isn't like the way it used to be. But I don't really mind, because in the past, they tended to be really frustrating to catch.

I'm visiting the Battle Tree next, since I can't find anything else to do besides Pokedex stuff. I probably won't actually battle there, I'm surely not a good enough player. I just want to see it.

You got lucky i think. The catch rate for that legendary is 3 according to serebii. (Assuming you are referring to the black legendary)

You got lucky i think. The catch rate for that legendary is 3 according to serebii. (Assuming you are referring to the black legendary)

Oh wow, if that's true, I DID get lucky. o.o Yeah, I was referring to the black origami creature.

Huh, interesting.

Also, I totally goofed up...

I didn't know you battled Red or Blue as soon as you entered the Battle Tree area, and my team was beat up from battles on the way there. So of course I lost and had to lose a lot of money in the process... >_<

[spoiler=About the last "UB" ] They dont mention at all his location. The best Looker says is that he saw it in Melemele, i guess they either expect you to use Serebii or just go around the island looking for it

Edited by SlayerX

You're a little late there. I realized that and finished catching it hours ago.

Yeah lol but I just got there :P.

Now I am thinking what nature i should give it... :V I'm thinking maybe Bold? Since its defensive stats are pretty great and it gets calm mind to boost it's SpD and SpA and also moonlight/sunlight to keep it topped off. Alternatively i could go full tank and lower Speed instead of attack, since it does have a few physical moves... Hmmm....

The UB Hunt begins!

Got a Timid Nihilego. Trying for Adamant Buzzwole, Modest Xurkitree, Jolly Kartana and pretty much anything -Speed on Guzzlord.

Edited by Ema Skye

The UB Hunt begins!

Got a Timid Nihilego. Trying for Adamant Buzzwole, Modest Xurkitree, Jolly Kartana and pretty much anything -Speed on Guzzlord.

You get 2 Buzzwoles, 2 Xurkitrees, and 4 Kartanas, so you could go for multiple natures (Jolly/Adamant/Careful/Impish on Buzzwole, Timid/Modest on Xurkitree, Jolly/Adamant/Impish on Kartana).

I hate only getting 1 Guzzlord since it has like more than 4 viable natures and I want all of them... but that means I have to keep replaying the entire game, including getting all the other UBs.

Not that I don't want to mind you...

First global mission is up...

We have to catch 100 million pokemon... lol

I hope previously caught ones count ;_; They dont lol well here is to completing the pokedex soon-er

Edited by SlayerX

What level is Nanu's team at before the Guzzlord fight? I want to make sure I don't get wiped.

level 63

Also you can sort of guesstimate EV's by looking at their summary page and pressing Y. That will switch the blue area in the pentagon to yellow for BST and the Orange for EVs unless it is maxed in which case the orange becomes a pale blue.

I don't think you can check what the actual values are though.

Edited by SlayerX

I finally beat Red in the Battle Tree! I almost lost on my way there due to an Araquanid with, I kid you not, Aqua Ring, Stockpile, Double Team and Toxic.

Judging from the moveset, I'd wager that it probably traded Water Bubble (doubles the power of water type moves) for Water Absorb (its hidden ability). Be glad you weren't using a rain team.

Edited by The DanMan

So i beat the first island challenge in Melemele Island. Caught my Misdreavus with Timid nature and apparently good IVs. Also caught a Modest Gastly and a Rash Abra, quite the good natures.

Fought Totem Raticate and, man, it's quite hard with my team. Had to Work Up and Razor Leaf with Dartrix and use 2 X Def to boost its defense. I must admit the sheer amount of thought and effort the team put into the game's difficulty. The AI actually has a strategy which makes the game more challenging, yet, enjoyable. I think this game is reaaally complete, the best game so far. Still, Hoenn and Johto are my favorite. But Sun/Moon mean so much of an improvement for the series. Gratz GF.

Judging from the moveset, I'd wager that it probably traded Water Bubble (doubles the power of water type moves) for Water Absorb (its hidden ability). Be glad you weren't using a rain team.

Sure did. I had hoped to lower its defense with my own Araquanid's Liquidation, but nope. If anything I should be glad I managed to hit twice in a row though with both my Psychic Silvally and Tapu Koko, the latter of which I only use for Battle Tree, since it's everywhere online. I'm way too much of a hipster to use something like that.

In the Competitive Battle Tree or the Initial Fight?

Competitive. I challenged Blue once I got there.

So, I lost the very first battle of the Super Single Challenge since a Vanilluxe froze two of my Pokémon with the first Ice Beam, so that was fun - took it around seven attacks to kill my Araquanid, but I didn't recover.

Then I reached Colress, but he floored me because of the Pokémon I used, so I'll change my team up a bit. At least you can challenge the guy after 10 fights as opposed to 20.

Oh yeah, so guys, if anyone is looking for the Flying Z Crystal, I found it! It's location is...

Past the big rock inside Ten Carat Hill that requires Machamp to move. Just move it with Machamp and follow the path up to the crystal.