Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Is it just me or is it now harder to flee from wild battles?

It's just that the Gen VII Pokemon are really slow. And I do mean slow.

Base 80 speed is fast by Alola standards.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the important story trainers have stepped up their game a bit in sun and moon. I had my Alolan Raichu outsped by a Hypno which wasn't very threatening, but it was something that surprised me. The boss trainers as a whole seem to get a lot more threatening just before the fourth island with more then 2 pokemon and some solid mons to use. Its nice to see that it isn't just the Totems that can be challenging.

Is it just me or is it now harder to flee from wild battles?

I did't notice that. Perhaps your team is a bit slower with so many of the new Pokemon being slow.

It seems like the important story trainers have stepped up their game a bit in sun and moon. I had my Alolan Raichu outsped by a Hypno which wasn't very threatening, but it was something that surprised me. The boss trainers as a whole seem to get a lot more threatening just before the fourth island with more then 2 pokemon and some solid mons to use. Its nice to see that it isn't just the Totems that can be challenging.

From what I've heard, boss trainers all have Pokemon with perfect IVs and Natures.

I believe the same applies to regular Trainers, but I don't have confirmation on this one, but I am sure that the boss trainers have Pokemon with perfect IVs and Natures.

From what I've heard, boss trainers all have Pokemon with perfect IVs and Natures.

I believe the same applies to regular Trainers, but I don't have confirmation on this one, but I am sure that the boss trainers have Pokemon with perfect IVs and Natures.

I really hope this is the case, and it should be the standard, honestly.

I can, but I'm busy right now so I'll let you know when I can help later.

I already evolved my Phantump. Thanks though.

I like how the first Minior I run into(and caught) is green,

Hey, has anyone found a way to Kala'e Bay? It's that area next to route 1 on Melemele Island, with a cave entrance out in the distance. I can't find any path to it. Is it some event-only place or something like Newmoon Island and the Canalave hotel were in Sinnoh?

Hey, has anyone found a way to Kala'e Bay? It's that area next to route 1 on Melemele Island, with a cave entrance out in the distance. I can't find any path to it. Is it some event-only place or something like Newmoon Island and the Canalave hotel were in Sinnoh?

In the south west corner of Melemele Meadow, there's a hole in the wall that leads to a cave. If you head south east from there, you should arrive in Kala'e Bay.

In the south west corner of Melemele Meadow, there's a hole in the wall that leads to a cave. If you head south east from there, you should arrive in Kala'e Bay.

Yeah those secret passages are fucked.

Although there seems to be a cave in Poni Meadows (in little lake where the water is like a few inches below you). I looked around (both in-game and online) and it seems to be merely for aesthetic purposes.

It's just that the Gen VII Pokemon are really slow. And I do mean slow.

Base 80 speed is fast by Alola standards.

I did't notice that. Perhaps your team is a bit slower with so many of the new Pokemon being slow.

Well I haven't used a brand new Alola pokemon other than Rowlet, but it happens a lot with Slowpoke, whom gets rekt and needs to be healed or switched afterwards.

Well I haven't used a brand new Alola pokemon other than Rowlet, but it happens a lot with Slowpoke, whom gets rekt and needs to be healed or switched afterwards.

Yeah it is definately Slowpokes speed that is causing it. I experience the same thing with Snorlax, Marowak, and Wishiwashi. All terribly slow and cant escape battles. On the other hand, lycanroc and Decidueye have no issues at all.

What did you guys use your master ball on? I think Ill use it on Necrozma... simply because its too much of a hassle if it turns out not to be the nature i want it to be

Edited by eggclipse

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, December 1, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, December 1, 2016 - No reason given

What did you guys use your master ball on? I think Ill use it on Necrozma... simply because its too much of a hassle if it turns out not to be the nature i want it to be

Edit: damn it didnt realise i was the last poster. Sorry about that.

Is this enough reason to use the report button? and by that i mean asking moderators to join the two posts? I'm curious cause of what it says

Please note: The moderator will be made aware of the link to the page you are reporting.
This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.
Edited by SlayerX

I used my Master Ball on my Solgaleo, Voltron, so if I did go after Necrozma, I would just do a league run and buy like 200 Dusk Balls after. I don't know if I'm even going bother getting Necrozma though, since I have zero interest in the UB subplot (the UBs are one of the biggest problems I have with the game, but that's neither here nor there), and you can only get it after that.

I used the Master Ball on Tapu Koko because the battle came out of nowhere for me right after completing the league and I wasn't sure if I'd have another chance to go for it at the time. I didn't have many Ultra Balls left and I didn't think using my Great Balls or regular Pokeballs at that time would be a good idea.

I haven't used my Master Ball and don't plan on doing so, because I want to keep it for completion reasons. I haven't caught Tapu Bulu or Tapu Fini yet so I might use it on one of them if I'm desperate.

I also accidentally used the only Fast Ball in the game on Tapu Koko (I was planning on keeping it and using a Quick Ball instead), which promptly caught it. Success?

Edited by Lightchao42

I used my Master Ball on my Solgaleo, Voltron, so if I did go after Necrozma, I would just do a league run and buy like 200 Dusk Balls after. I don't know if I'm even going bother getting Necrozma though, since I have zero interest in the UB subplot (the UBs are one of the biggest problems I have with the game, but that's neither here nor there), and you can only get it after that.

is it that most of them have a Min-maxed nature?

Also, i ended up using the master ball. Wasnt too beat up over it considering it took 4-5 max repels to actually encounter (tried to just encounter pokes and capturing them until Necro, but that proved too inefficient due to Carbink having a low catch rate)

Necrozma was Modest with Best IV in spA, spD, Def... unfortunately it is decent in speed and HP but meh, what you going to do. Guess I'll wait for bottle caps (although you cant use it in battle three so why do i even care really)

Edit: Trying to find a Bagon is painful... that 1% on route 3... why? I pity those who tried to get a salamence early game. This thing would take hours...

Edited by SlayerX

Yeah it is definately Slowpokes speed that is causing it. I experience the same thing with Snorlax, Marowak, and Wishiwashi. All terribly slow and cant escape battles. On the other hand, lycanroc and Decidueye have no issues at all.

I actually was never aware of slow pokemon having trouble with fleeing from battles. Probably because I mostly used fast pokemon.

Regarding Master Ball, I always use it in the box art legendary, so that means Lunaala will be the victim.

I actually was never aware of slow pokemon having trouble with fleeing from battles. Probably because I mostly used fast pokemon.

Regarding Master Ball, I always use it in the box art legendary, so that means Lunaala will be the victim.

There is an escape formula:

Probability = (((UserSpeed * 32)/ (OpponentSpeed / 4))+ 30 * AttemptNumber) / 256

from serebii

Also I generally am very cheap with master balls and never end up using them. Its a dumb habit but it also happens with RPGs that have super good items but only one of them available, or its really difficult to get them.

Edited by SlayerX

So i beat the first island challenge in Melemele Island. Caught my Misdreavus with Timid nature and apparently good IVs. Also caught a Modest Gastly and a Rash Abra, quite the good natures.

Fought Totem Raticate and, man, it's quite hard with my team. Had to Work Up and Razor Leaf with Dartrix and use 2 X Def to boost its defense. I must admit the sheer amount of thought and effort the team put into the game's difficulty. The AI actually has a strategy which makes the game more challenging, yet, enjoyable. I think this game is reaaally complete, the best game so far. Still, Hoenn and Johto are my favorite. But Sun/Moon mean so much of an improvement for the series. Gratz GF.

It nearly wrecked my team too as it is shown in the footage. lol

Thank god that Trumbeak pulled through after a revival and having Brick Break.

...And why that our Pokeballs get slapped away if we try to catch them. rofl

I used the Master Ball on Tapu Koko because the battle came out of nowhere for me right after completing the league and I wasn't sure if I'd have another chance to go for it at the time. I didn't have many Ultra Balls left and I didn't think using my Great Balls or regular Pokeballs at that time would be a good idea.

Ah.

The Lighting Poke that saved you at the start of the game are one of those that you have to chase around and catch. XD

*Giggle*

It really will put you to the test as a Pokemon trainer to catch them.

I haven't used my Master Ball and don't plan on doing so, because I want to keep it for completion reasons. I haven't caught Tapu Bulu or Tapu Fini yet so I might use it on one of them if I'm desperate.

I also accidentally used the only Fast Ball in the game on Tapu Koko (I was planning on keeping it and using a Quick Ball instead), which promptly caught it. Success?

Only downfall to these Pokes that you have to scan and trace around are a letdown to never usually getting good natures and IV's for them unless you use the Master Ball.

is it that most of them have a Min-maxed nature?

Also, i ended up using the master ball. Wasnt too beat up over it considering it took 4-5 max repels to actually encounter (tried to just encounter pokes and capturing them until Necro, but that proved too inefficient due to Carbink having a low catch rate)

Necrozma was Modest with Best IV in spA, spD, Def... unfortunately it is decent in speed and HP but meh, what you going to do. Guess I'll wait for bottle caps (although you cant use it in battle three so why do i even care really)

Edit: Trying to find a Bagon is painful... that 1% on route 3... why? I pity those who tried to get a salamence early game. This thing would take hours...

It sucks as I've found out that I cannot use a move tutor for my Happiny till near the end of the game! -.-

I haven't used my Master Ball, and probably won't. I kinda keep it as a trophy. Same with the Beast Balls tbh, but i kinda had to use them unfortunately.

You can re-fight it and any other Legendary (not sure about Solgaleo/Lunala) after re-fighting the E4.

I killed it myself so I can SR or Synchronize for natures/IVs.

Finally cleared Melemele by defeating Ilima. It was so easy in comparison to Totem Raticate.

Slowpoke made the day. She basically Yawn'd Gumshoos, then triple Curse for Def buff, then spam Confusion until he got confused and attacked itself. Confusion hurt because he Z-Leer'd lmao. Then she leveled up and switched for Misdreavus against Smeargle. Misdreavus used Confuse Ray and then rekt him with Z-Echoed Voice and he SD with confuse status.

You can re-fight it and any other Legendary (not sure about Solgaleo/Lunala) after re-fighting the E4.

I killed it myself so I can SR or Synchronize for natures/IVs.

Yeah, I know that now, I just didn't back then.