Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nebby is now an esteemed member of my shit list.

Thanks to Lunala, 4/5 of my nuzlocke team was slaughtered in the battle to capture it - including my beloved starter, Pretty Boy the Primarina. I am now dekcuf as my only remaining 'mon is Cole the Torkoal and my next objective is the E4. I must now dig in my PC, sort through all the garbage 'mons that I was unlucky enough to encounter and pick the ones that are salvageable.

Then, Lillie had the nerve to sniggle and giggle in my face about taking care of Lunala after this monster murdered my friends.

Oh, I'll "take care" of Nebby all right, Lillie. Don't you worry about that.

Edited by saisymbolic

Finally got my Rain Dish Morelull's which took half a day to do to get it Hidden Power(Water) as it further stacks while the Rain is out along with it's ability. Viable set for it...

-Giga Drain/Strength Sap

-Thunder Wave(It is sloooow)

-Hidden Power(Water) (Needed for those Fire types as well as the Rain will further stack it after it is casted by someone else.)

-Charge Beam(For better Sp.Attk output as well as needing it for those Fly types and it won't miss while the rain weather is out.

Pikachu#2

-Hidden Power(Water)

-Discharge

-Double Team

-Nasty Plot

Hidden Power(Water) can be boosted in the rain. Discharge to activate Volt abosrber cohorts. Other two are self explanatory. =P Ribombee is going to be used post-game. Now going to breed Crabrawler with Arachen to get it Endeaver as if it doesn't get critted, that's where Endeaver comes in since Anger Point no longer activates with a substitute.

Edited by PuffPuff

Thanks to Lunala, 4/5 of my nuzlocke team was slaughtered in the battle to capture it - including my beloved starter, Pretty Boy the Primarina. I am now dekcuf as my only remaining 'mon is Cole the Torkoal and my next objective is the E4. I must now dig in my PC, sort through all the garbage 'mons that I was unlucky enough to encounter and pick the ones that are salvageable.

Then, Lillie had the nerve to sniggle and giggle in my face about taking care of Lunala after this monster murdered my friends.

Wait, why didn't you just throw the Master Ball at it?

Doesn't Solgaleo/Lunalaa have a really high catch rate? As in, you could throw a Poke Ball at it with full health, and still have a good chance of catching it, and this is no exaggeration.

EDIT: Just checked it, and Solgaleo/Lunalaa's catch rate is 45, which is not as high as thought, but it's still extremely high for a Legendary. Just to have an idea, most Legendaries have a catch rate of 3.

Solgaleo/Lunalaa's catch of 45, which is also the catch rate of Pokemon such as Aipom, Pelliper and Kricketune.

Edited by Water Mage

Doesn't Solgaleo/Lunalaa have a really high catch rate? As in, you could throw a Poke Ball at it with full health, and still have a good chance of catching it, and this is no exaggeration.

Makes sense since Nebby couldn't fight for awhile.

Lillie and Nebby are now my favorite compagnions.

Makes two of us. Lillie is now one of my few utmost favorite characters in the series.

Easier, maybe, but not by much. Slowpoke doesn't evolve until lv. 37. And it's not as easy to level up Pokemon in this game as it was in ORAS. There aren't secret bases with Blissey or anything. The Lucky Egg helps some, but not a whole lot.

Is why I get my Pokemon either from my other version, or from trades.

Edited by PuffPuff

Makes sense since Nebby couldn't fight for awhile.

Almost all story legendaries have had high catch rates since Diamond and Pearl, like 30 or higher, because they were mandatory to fight/catch for the story and they wanted to avoid the frustration that was catching Groudon/Kyogre in a story mandatory battle in RS. The exceptions are Giratina in the Distortion World since it can come back in post game, Ho-oh and Lugia in their new story battles in HGSS (they also come back if knocked out post-game), and Kyogre/Groudon in ORAS (again, they come back).

Edited by Samias

Petit Zygarde -> Larva Zygarde -> Cocoon of Evolution-> Great Zygarde -> Perfectly Ultimately Zygarde

In retrospect, I'm not sure how this is relevant but I typed it anyways.

Almost all story legendaries have had high catch rates since Diamond and Pearl, like 30 or higher, because they were mandatory to fight/catch for the story and they wanted to avoid the frustration that was catching Groudon/Kyogre in a story mandatory battle in RS. The exceptions are Giratina in the Distortion World since it can come back in post game, Ho-oh and Lugia in their new story battles in HGSS (they also come back if knocked out post-game), and Kyogre/Groudon in ORAS (again, they come back).

It helped especially since I wanted an Adamant natured Groudon gotten after 30 resets.

-----

z7g416.jpg
Love it's base 140 Attk. Don't mind using it sometime! :D
It was so easy to raise....and pleasurable!
z3jHGT.jpg1S5Ity.jpg
a8SAXj.jpgsuJrmR.jpg
Yes.
Scald to weaken Physical attackers despite it may seem like a bad idea.
-Scald
-Endeaver
-Ice Hammer
-Crab Hammer
wPXVps.jpgguAmEB.jpg
n0tiWb.jpgy8tDFm.jpg
8ol7qL.jpgRmb28m.jpg
wSIrxs.jpg
Already mentioned. But...
-Hidden Power(Water)
-Thunder Wave
-Charge Beam
-Giga Drain/Strength Sap
lFW7AC.jpg2AyF4B.jpg
BEo7WF.jpgFMzLrR.jpg
Already mentioned last post...
UcZnzw.jpgnfNBIK.jpg
28hWVQ.jpg
This set...
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Zap Cannon
-Flash Cannon
b5gnu2.jpgGDvzoF.jpg
dxPFgS.jpg
-Meditate/Safeguard
-Grass Whistle
-Play Rough
-High Jump Kick
M2gWzQ.jpgprd5zi.jpg
My second one! For other game.
4AfwSj.jpgMM25yH.jpg
fvLJsP.jpgsxcoPC.jpg
2nd one.
rVzB2Q.jpgQps2dG.jpg
UH8syA.jpg0tFsku.jpg
-Mirror Coat(PSI Shield Omega)
-Scald(PK Beam B)
-Leech Life(Hungry HP Sucker)
-Stockpile(Defense Up A)
Others
-Spider Web(Post Game!)(Stop!)
-Blizzard(PK Starstorm)
-Safeguard(PSI Shield)
Sure...it has Water Absorb...too. But it's never a better choice over this one.
a4zLuv.jpgqKEAoq.jpg
KPyVUV.jpg
It's Attk is still good even with no EV's.
FoxSRA.jpgWUN0lQ.jpg
7Ntyez.jpg
Scald to cripple them to make it harder to kill.
vIYuQJ.jpgIX5ajF.jpg
iGRVUY.jpg
Everything. Got it's set awhile ago.
LCRPCX.jpgZR5AQk.jpg
Xz2LrW.jpg
It disobeys me now. -.-
kFIkzO.jpgYX97ib.jpg
Post-Game. Just got to breed Whimscott for Moonblast.
r4fcRF.jpg
Pokemon Moon's time.
0yCHyz.jpg
Pokemon Sun's time!
Only past trial 6 and already this much into it!
nWUc5S.jpg
For other games of the sixth/third gens, hardly jam this much into them. But in this and Gen IV...alot more.
Edited by PuffPuff

Wait, why didn't you just throw the Master Ball at it?

EDIT: Just checked it, and Solgaleo/Lunalaa's catch rate is 45, which is not as high as thought, but it's still extremely high for a Legendary. Just to have an idea, most Legendaries have a catch rate of 3.

Solgaleo/Lunalaa's catch of 45, which is also the catch rate of Pokemon such as Aipom, Pelliper and Kricketune.

Oh, I found out after my team got obliterated. I was scared, and I didn't want to use my Master Ball, so I tossed a Dusk Ball at it. It wiggled once, and I just sat there and cried because I could have prevented all that death.

it's still totally lunala's fault tho

Oh, I found out after my team got obliterated. I was scared, and I didn't want to use my Master Ball, so I tossed a Dusk Ball at it. It wiggled once, and I just sat there and cried because I could have prevented all that death.

it's still totally lunala's fault tho

Wait, you got a Critical Capture? Wow, that REALLY rubs salt in those wounds.

At least Smeargle isn't what ended your run.

The joke is that I lost to Illima's Smeargle.

So in other news the official site's Pokédex (the main one, not the SuMo site) was updated to include every Gen VII Pokémon. Though the only new thing is that we now have official artwork for Cosmoem.

790Cosmoem.png

Edited by Lightchao42

Makes two of us. Lillie is now one of my few utmost favorite characters in the series.

I wish she could just walk with me, like the girl from Pokémon Colloseum. But that probably would make the game too much easier since she would be a walking Pokémon Center (without boxes, shops).

In other news, I messed my own team so I restarted (I was at after the ghost trial). Seriously, what is wrong with Lycanroc midnight form? What the hell is the Midday form is able to learn a exclusive move when it evolves but Midnight get... Counter. Also, why is Midnight not Rock/Dark type? It learns both Bite and Crunch. I know the Midday also learn these moves but Midnight look so much evil so what the hell?

Oh yea, also, what the hell is wrong with the early game options for electric types? Pichu is fine but the bug/electric is so weird, it evolves at like the end of the goddamn game. I'll raise a Jolteon, I won't waste my time with that with a super slow bug/electric.

Speaking of slow, why is there so many slow pokémon in this gen? Even Viravolt is slow.

Edited by Nym

I wish she could just walk with me, like the girl from Pokémon Colloseum. But that probably would make the game too much easier since she would be a walking Pokémon Center (without boxes, shops).

In other news, I messed my own team so I restarted (I was at after the ghost trial). Seriously, what is wrong with Lycanroc midnight form? What the hell is the Midday form is able to learn a exclusive move when it evolves but Midnight get... Counter. Also, why is Midnight not Rock/Dark type? It learns both Bite and Crunch. I know the Midday also learn these moves but Midnight look so much evil so what the hell?

Oh yea, also, what the hell is wrong with the early game options for electric types? Pichu is fine but the bug/electric is so weird, it evolves at like the end of the goddamn game. I'll raise a Jolteon, I won't waste my time with that with a super slow bug/electric.

Speaking of slow, why is there so many slow pokémon in this gen? Even Viravolt is slow.

I get the feeling that Lycanroc was originally going to have only one form, when they decided to add the Midnight one late in development.

It could be why Midnight doesn't stand as out as Midday when it comes to battling.

Speaking of early Electric types, why didn't you go for Magnemite? You can get it really early and it's an excellent Pokemon line when it comes to battle.

And why the Gen VII Pokemon are so slow, I belive it was a misguided and misinformed attemp by Game Freak at trying to make the metagame of Pokemon less dominated by Speed, after they realized how Speed dominated the metagame. But they failed rather miserably.

Or it could be Game Freak's way of saying that hawaiian people are slow runners.

Edited by Water Mage

I get the feeling that Lycanroc was originally going to have only one form, when they decided to add the Midnight one late in development.

It could be why Midnight doesn't stand as out as Midday when it comes to battling.

Speaking of early Electric types, why didn't you go for Magnemite? You can get it really early and it's an excellent Pokemon line when it comes to battle.

And why the Gen VII Pokemon are so slow, I belive it was a misguided and misinformed attemp by Game Freak at trying to make the metagame of Pokemon less dominated by Speed, after they realized how Speed dominated the metagame. But they failed rather miserably.

Or it could be Game Freak's way of saying that hawaiian people are slow runners.

That would explain a lot actually.

Yea, I just caught one since I'm at the school right now but I prefer Jolteon and I'll get Beldum later on for my steel type

This is... strange to say the least.

Idk some pokemon got some really good niches here despite being slow. Things like A-marowak, Araquanid, and Bewear are fairly good pokemon. Not necessarily OU (although marowak may actually get there depending on the Meta) but still fairly decent pokemon that can be used in many teams.

also, the Alola Battle championship was pretty much a disaster for me. I think i managed to remain near the 1500 I started at, but i didn't get much further than that. I think i lost as many as i won (maybe lost more can't remember). Bewear was so useful, but i really need a new lead. I also did not have an answer to Lunala, so there was that... :V

Edited by SlayerX

Is why that Sazzle is one of my top choices. Plus gurl Haxorus.

Edited by PuffPuff

Fishing in this game seems really stupid. Only a few spots can be fished in, and it seems like you don't find anything but pearls, pearl strings, and Magikarp when other Pokemon are supposed to be found as well. Did GameFreak make Magikarp's encounter rate like 99% and the others 1% or something? I've been fishing for awhile and found nothing but Magikarp and a few pearls and pearl strings. >_>

Fishing in this game seems really stupid. Only a few spots can be fished in, and it seems like you don't find anything but pearls, pearl strings, and Magikarp when other Pokemon are supposed to be found as well. Did GameFreak make Magikarp's encounter rate like 99% and the others 1% or something? I've been fishing for awhile and found nothing but Magikarp and a few pearls and pearl strings. >_>

You usually find other pokemon in Bubbling spots, but yeah, it is really annoying how common magikarp is. I don't think there is a way around that