Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

It said they were in my friend list, and none of my other friends were online at the time.

Were you Celestia?

Oh, okay. Yeah, that was me. I have to go for a bit now though, sorry... >_<

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I ever tell anyone how much I hate training baby pokémon in the main story?

This pichu takes forever to evolve, at least I got Nasty Plot but if he doesn't evolve soon, I'll have trouble against Wishiwashi

Strap a Soothe Bell.
It should evolve after wandering around for about 10 min.

I saw you a few times but wouldn't let me trade.

Alright, I guess Pokemon just doesn't want you to get a Mareanie. First the awful luck, now this.

OH ALSO

I got this last night and forgot to post it.

oZAWUlP.jpg

It was hatched, but it wasn't Masuda Method, so my first shiny was full odds.

It was only 19 eggs in too!

lJzctp.jpg
Thank god they can be hatched. I was told by Bulbapedia that shinies can no longer be hatched after Gen V. Just like you could not get any in game shiny legendaries either as that has been prevented since Gen V as it clearly states it at serebii.
Was it hatched with or without a Shiny Charm?!
-----
After a day and a half of sr the game...finally got a perfect IV natured Arceus in Speed and Attk along with Adamant. ;)
Edited by PuffPuff

Was it hatched with or without a Shiny Charm?!

No Shiny Charm and both parents were from my file.

That's actually what I'm going for right now. I was breeding a bunch of Morelulls for a Wonder Trade session, and it just popped up.

Also, you're misreading that info. It's saying things that are hatched will show up correctly colored on the hatching screen.

Edited by Emerson

Did I ever tell anyone how much I hate training baby pokémon in the main story?

This pichu takes forever to evolve, at least I got Nasty Plot but if he doesn't evolve soon, I'll have trouble against Wishiwashi

Things that require happiness to evolve are generally a pain in the ass. They're easier the lower level they start at, however, what I do is that I stick a soothe bell on them, feed them a malasada, and then go grind in a high level area and when they gain like 30 or so levels they evolve. Easiest when the Pokemon in question hatched out of an egg, or is in a luxury ball.

I just stuck my Munchlax in the hot spring isle on Poke Pelago while holding the Soothe Bell and it was max happiness in a day. Golbat took a bit more leveling up after that, but that was because there's only one Soothe Bell. :P

Strap a Soothe Bell.
It should evolve after wandering around for about 10 min.

Things that require happiness to evolve are generally a pain in the ass. They're easier the lower level they start at, however, what I do is that I stick a soothe bell on them, feed them a malasada, and then go grind in a high level area and when they gain like 30 or so levels they evolve. Easiest when the Pokemon in question hatched out of an egg, or is in a luxury ball.

Yea good thing I picked up the item.

Good thing she evolved, she was the only pokémon that could face Totem Wishiwashi (Thunder Wave + Sweet Kiss combo tho)

I'm try to catch that water/poison pokémon, a second tank on my team will not hurt.

Edited by Nym

You mean Mareanie, Nym? I've been trying to get one of those too. lol Emerson was supposed to trade me one, but we can't get it to work.

Yea, I was planning to raise a Wishiwashi but I realized I had no room for a Poison or Steel type. But I also hate Alola Dugtrio and Musdale is much better of a ground type.

I think you need to fish on Route 9, according to Serebii.

Melemele Sea actually, but they only appear as help for Corsola. And even then, Corsola can call other Corsola for help as well. It's not easy to get a Mareanie.

Edited by Anacybele

You mean Mareanie, Nym? I've been trying to get one of those too. lol Emerson was supposed to trade me one, but we can't get it to work.

What problems have you guys been having? I've managed to do online trades with friends, so if you need any help just ask.

I actually found a Mareanie in about five minutes, since the bubbling spot at Melemele Sea resets whenever it says you've entered Route 1 even if you don't leave the sea. The first Corsola I found called a Mareanie immediately.

What problems have you guys been having? I've managed to do online trades with friends, so if you need any help just ask.

Emerson said he saw me online, but it wouldn't let him trade with me. I don't know why, that's all he said.

I actually found a Mareanie in about five minutes, since the bubbling spot at Melemele Sea resets whenever it says you've entered Route 1 even if you don't leave the sea. The first Corsola I found called a Mareanie immediately.

You got extremely lucky. It took me hours and hours to find a Corsola and it called for help three times before it finally summoned anything and when it did, it was another Corsola. Mareanie appear to be very rare for some reason.

Melemele Sea actually, but they only appear as help for Corsola. And even then, Corsola can call other Corsola for help as well. It's not easy to get a Mareanie.

Yea, I find it strange that some Pokémon call other species (a Cubone just called a Kangaskhan).

I find the Corsola and Mareanie case to be the strangest... It's said Mareanie feeds on Corsola's branches! Why would a Corsola call one for help? xP

Presumably the idea is that the Mareanie heard the call for help and came to attack what was assumed to be a Corsola in distress, which is supported by the fact that Mareanie won't attack your Pokemon at first and will only attack the Corsola until it faints.

Edited by AzureSen

Presumably the idea is that the Mareanie heard the call for help and came to attack what was assumed to be a Corsola in distress, which is supported by the fact that Mareanie won't attack your Pokemon at first and will only attack the Corsola until it faints.

Oh, so it's like how Seviper and Zangoose attacked each other in horde battles. That makes sense.

Oh, so it's like how Seviper and Zangoose attacked each other in horde battles. That makes sense.

Yeah. Sableye also appears to attack Carbinks. On the nicer side of thing, Kangaskhans come to assist Cubones (in gen 1 Cubone and Kangaskhan seemed to have been initially designed together), and Hapinny and Chansey appear to take care of baby Pokemon.

UGH. My game either has a glitch or Mareanie is definitely very rare, because I've gone through a dozen Corsola now because it won't summon anything but other Corsola! And that's if the help even shows up. Half the time it doesn't show. I only had one Adrenaline Orb left.

I hate both these Pokemon now. >_<

UGH. My game either has a glitch or Mareanie is definitely very rare, because I've gone through a dozen Corsola now because it won't summon anything but other Corsola! And that's if the help even shows up. Half the time it doesn't show. I only had one Adrenaline Orb left.

I hate both these Pokemon now. >_<

Mareanie only has a 5% chance to show up in SOS battles.

Lol, nope, I won't waste my time with that pokémon. Better that I have a Wishiwashi.

Speaking of which, something I just realized: how did you think the anime will handle Wishiashi's schooling ability when it's not wild (like own by a trainer).

Even if a trainer would carry 6 Wishiwashi, that would not be enough for its schooling form.

Edited by Nym

Lol, nope, I won't waste my time with that pokémon. Better that I have a Wishiwashi.

Speaking of which, something I just realized: how did you think the anime will handle Wishiashi's schooling ability when it's not wild (like own by a trainer).

Even if a trainer would carry 6 Wishiwashi, that would not be enought for its schooling form.

Well, most likely same way the games do it for non-wild Wishiwashi and/or if the battle takes place far from a body of water. Or they might just have them fight individually most of the time and only call others to combine for special occasions.