Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Actually, the Destiny Knot passes down 3 I believe. Having 6ivs passes down another 2. Having 2 4ivs to where both cover all 6 stats is optimal, and at that point you're simply breeding for Natures, assuming you have luck.

Unless they've changed mechanics since Gen 6. In that case please link me to a explanation of the new system.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was just wrong. I guess I had how it exactly worked twisted.

In that case, breeding with 2 for getting a 5 or 6 IV and then breeding those down would still probably be optimal, but unnecessary.

Edited by Emerson

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nym said:

It takes forever to get a Silvally god damn, 4 massages and Type Null is still not ready to evolve.

It stands to reason thought.

Type:Null starts with 0 base happiness, as opposed to Pichu, who also evolve by happiness, but has a base happiness of 70.

Just finished capturing all the UB, thanks to the help of the new team member, Tiny Arceus euhh I mean Silvally

Also first SOS help for a Corsola? Mareanie, that's some RNG right here.

On Sun Jan 22 2017 at 6:00 PM, Nym said:

Also first SOS help for a Corsola? Mareanie, that's some RNG right here.

If Corsola was fished in a Bubble spot, Mareanie is 20% to show up fron SOS. Although only Melemele Sea applies to this, since on other route doesn't spawn Bubbles, meaning Corsola is 1% and Mareanie is 1% from it's SOS.

The best way to grind for specific things in Bubble spots is to save infront of them, fish, and SR if an item or unwanted Pokemon is found.

EDIT: Some news from this morning.

In The Games Department

Pokémon Bank

Nintendo Hong Kong has put out some details about the upcoming Pokémon Bank update, specifically in regards to the Generation 1 transfer. First, transferred Pokémon will likely have at least 3 max IVs. Their nature will be random and there is a chance that the Pokémon will have their Hidden Ability. It will also have a unique GameBoy mark
The National Pokédex will sync up with the games you use with Pokémon Bank, listing the Pokémon you have seen/caught in each game and combining them. It will list the games that you have each Pokémon in. You don't need the Pokémon to be deposited into your Bank in order to register them in the National Pokédex. Finally, it confirms that you can send Battle Points again. Finally, it shows that you can track a variety of stats from your games such as Eggs Hatched, Pokémon Captured etc. through Pokémon Bank, crossreferencing between all 6 games.
No date has been given but we'll provide full details as they come so keep checking back

zVO1bQ0.jpgVzloULo.jpgCBSP8Ee.jpg

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Global Missions

The third Pokémon Sun & Moon Global Mission has been announced. This Global Mission's theme involves trading Pokémon through the Pokémon Global Trade Station. The target is not currently known. This Mission runs from next week, January 31st 2017 04:00 UTC until February 14th 2017 23:59 UTC.

http://www.serebii.net/news/2017/24-January-2017.shtml

Edited by Almerson

27 minutes ago, Dai said:

Anyone figure out how E.V.s work with Pokemon transferred from R/B/Y, yet?

I'm assuming you mean IVs?

I said earlier that they work like Legendaries. They always get 3 perfect IVs. The rest are random.

Assuming you DO means EVs, they will probably be reset since RBY had a VERY high number of EVs per stat.

On that note, every Pokemon transfered ALWAYS has their Hidden Ability. This means No Guard Fissure Machamp can't exist after all. 

Also, any Glitched Mews (Like the one I have) is not going to be transferable. ;(((((

http://serebii.net/news/2017/25-January-2017.shtml

Edited by Almerson

Yeah, "disappointing".

Seriously though, FissueChamp would've been annoying.

No definitive answer from me about EVs, although EVs are very easy to train thanks to Isle Evelup on Poke Pelego.

Edited by Almerson

On 1/19/2017 at 6:11 AM, Nym said:

It takes forever to get a Silvally god damn, 4 massages and Type Null is still not ready to evolve.

Give your Type: Null a memory disk of your choice and RAINBOW POKEBEANS and a bit more love. It'll happen. Poor Type: Null came from a pretty messed up past as a lab experiment. Needs the love! 

Oh man, im new to Pokebank but its pretty wiggy. Ill be having a lot of fun sending pokemon from Yellow to Moon. Oh and the wonder trade shenanigans....

2 hours ago, Almerson said:

Yeah, "disappointing".

No definitive answer from me about EVs, although EVs are very easy to train thanks to Isle Evelup on Poke Pelego.

SOSing is actually pretty quick. Get a pokerus and the power items and you basically have a fully trained poke in less tahn 30 minutes. I have never actually timed it, but it is usually very quick for me... 

Edited by SlayerX

8 hours ago, Almerson said:

Oh, I'd never use it in a serious competitive setting. Only if I wanted to troll my friends.

Edit: According to Serebii, the Effort Values are erased. Very unfortunate, but understandable.

Edited by Dai

Nice now that we can transfer our R/B/Y Pokes now that the bank is finally out! :D

I've thrown complex sets that will definitely make the competing games much more interesting. Pictures of some of them will come soon and it is very awesome that they even get their hidden abilities. Whoops. My bad. Not used to the new changes yet. -.- Erase the other post. Sowwy. x.x

Examples

Chansey

-Seismic Toss

-Mimic

-Reflect

-Light Screen(dropping for Softboiled)

Mewtwo

-Metronome

-Mimic

-Rest

-Calm Mind

Edited by PuffPuff

Just now, PuffPuff said:

Nice now that we can transfer our R/B/Y Pokes now that the bank is finally out! :D

I've thrown complex sets that will definitely make the competing games much more interesting. Pictures of some of them will come soon and it is very awesome that they even get their hidden abilities.

Examples

Just now, PuffPuff said:

Chansey

-Seismic Toss

-Mimic

-Reflect

-Light Screen(dropping for Softboiled)

Mewtwo

-Metronome

-Mimic

-Rest

-Calm Mind

12 hours ago, SlayerX said:

SOSing is actually pretty quick. Get a pokerus and the power items and you basically have a fully trained poke in less tahn 30 minutes. I have never actually timed it, but it is usually very quick for me... 

It may be quicker, but doing 18 Pokemon at a time is seriously amazing. Plus it's automatic, meaning you can set up up before you go to bed, or go play another game.

6 minutes ago, Almerson said:

It may be quicker, but doing 18 Pokemon at a time is seriously amazing. Plus it's automatic, meaning you can set up up before you go to bed, or go play another game.

That is very true. Poke Pelago is something that should just stay. It is so immensly useful. Specially when people have work lifes and other duties to attend to first.

Pokemon has been pretty garbage about retaining useful features, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Poke Pelago gone by the next installment.

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

Pokemon has been pretty garbage about retaining useful features, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Poke Pelago gone by the next installment.

This is very true unfortunately... Although some useful features have managed to live through and become even better (like the IV judge/checker and EV training... Now if only we could get actual values).

Also i just realized power trick araquanid is a thing now :O. 

9 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I'm kinda sad that there's no official National Pokedex, even after Bank's update. I was kinda hoping for more creepy Pokedex entries.

I feel the same way. Hopefully, GameFreak makes another update for the National Pokedex sooner or later. If they don't then it'll be kinda pointless to collect Pokemon that are not Alolan native.  

I completed the Alolan Pokedex a few days ago, btw. 

Edited by Smog

Bred a few Chespins and Treeckos to transfer over to Sun, along with a hidden ability Bagon and a Fletchinder with Pokerus, Swablu, Honedge, Ralts, and some other Pokemon. Found a shiny Bewear somehow.

Looks like the Pokemon company/Nintendo is crackin' down on people that cheat in Pokemon. So far, nearly 6,000 people have been banned for having edited save files and illegal Pokemon. Not sure what the criteria is for that, though.

So apparently the missing Mega Stones will be distributed through events and tournaments according to Serebii.

The first Mega Stones will be Mawilite and Beedrillite who will be distributed as entry gift for an online competition in late February.

Edited by Water Mage