Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

The other thing... Ash going to school and... Aiming to graduate... Like anyone else who goes to school... That's a departure from the norm for Pokémon anime. Is he a transfer student or something?

Inb4 middle school drama. Though seriously, I'm vaguely interested in how they plan on handling that.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah- UB02 Beauty looks uncannily disturbing in an alien way, while as you said UB01 is otherworldly and unrelatable.

Also worth mentioning- apparently, UB01's name (we have UB02-Beauty and UB02-Expansion; therefore, I'm assuming it should be UB01-name) "is a mystery but may have a deep meaning."

Maybe it's Martha.

Also, we'll see "the true strength of Type: Null" in the next CoroCoro.

That sounds very interesting. I'd assume they remove its helm, since it was made to contain its powers. It's also not weird if Type: Nulls is frighteningly powerful, as it was made to match legendary pokémon.

Chances are it becomes a lot quicker and more offensive with the helm off, while it's bulky and slow with it on. I mean, if my theory turns out to be correct.

Ohman, I really love that Midday Rockruff-evo. The Midnight version looks a bit derpy to me, but I definitely want to have sun wolf on my team. <3 I guess I'll have to time his evolution carefully since I'll be playing Moon.

Ooh, I love the day Rockruff evolution! Does this mean Rockruff only evolves once though? Whichever the case, I'm fine with it! That doggy is adorable! The night one looks nice too, but it does kinda creepy me out.

I also agree with the theory that the starters will have branching evolutions too, which would be awesome! I'm still picking Popplio for the mermaid one for now, but I'd still love to see the other evolutions. ^^

And I'm definitely starting to think there's a major connection between the Aether Foundation and the Ultra Beasts. And that Lillie is from the Foundation and probably related to Lusamine. UB-01 looks somewhat like Lillie and UB-02 Beauty is posing like Lusamine and also bears a slight resemblance to her.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe it's Martha.

That sounds very interesting. I'd assume they remove its helm, since it was made to contain its powers. It's also not weird if Type: Nulls is frighteningly powerful, as it was made to match legendary pokémon.

Chances are it becomes a lot quicker and more offensive with the helm off, while it's bulky and slow with it on. I mean, if my theory turns out to be correct.

As for Type: Null, I'm thinking it was made to match Arceus in particular. Could make for a fun fight, and it wouldn't be Pokemon without some ridiculous power creep.

Edited by The DanMan

As for Type: Null, I'm thinking it was made to match Arceus in particular. Could make for a fun fight, and it wouldn't be Pokemon without some ridiculous power creep.

JonTron makes the best reaction clips.

Perhaps. It does have spikes around its throat similar to those of Arceus. Of course, if this messes with the natural order, perhaps that's where Zygarde comes into play.

Man, I just might be swapping out my team a lot, so many Pokemon I really like now! I haven't liked this many new Pokemon since gen 4 (though in that case, there were a few I loved SO much that I didn't swap them out, so I had the same team of six most of the game).

So I guess for how I'll have:

Popplio mermaid evo - Ariel

Mudsdale - Phillippe

Comfey - Moana

Alolan Ninetales - Elsa

Rockruff day evo - Bruno

Pikipek line - Aurora

Alolan Marowak - Elena

Bounsweet line - Tiana

I know I said I might name Alolan Marowak David, but I decided I want to keep to the Disney Princess and related characters theme, and David is from Lilo & Stitch, not a Disney princess film. I still really like Cutiefly too, but as of now I'm undecided on whether to add it here. :P

If Litten gets an alternate evo that I like a lot, I'll get one and name it Raja.

Edited by Anacybele

The other thing... Ash going to school and... Aiming to graduate... Like anyone else who goes to school... That's a departure from the norm for Pokémon anime. Is he a transfer student or something?

Inb4 middle school drama. Though seriously, I'm vaguely interested in how they plan on handling that.

He did avoid school for 20 years. The truancy officers were bound to catch up with him eventually,

And if this is a school anime, I predict that Lillie will be a Tsundere and Kiawe will be the perverted best friend.

Laguragan has got a place on my team (I keep wanting to call it Gurren Lagan- it's got all the syllables there).

Thus, I have:

Rowlet- Hoole/Gylfie (depending on M/F)

Grubbin- G(un)V(olt) (GV is an in-universe nickname for said character)

Alolan Vulpix- Weiss

Rockruff > Night Laguragan- Cornell (haven't played the game, but cool name)

Mudbray- Aspercel

Pancham- Ji (same with Cornell)

He did avoid school for 20 years. The truancy officers were bound to catch up with him eventually,

And if this is a school anime, I predict that Lillie will be a Tsundere and Kiawe will be the perverted best friend.

In the Pokémon Anime World, you don't age until you go to school.

In other words, Ash has been avoiding aging and remaining ten by cutting class in favor of ADVENTURE.

Nah, perverted BFF should be Hau. Kiawe should be a jock always picking on Ash and Sophecles, or whatever he was called.

In the games and manga, people age as normal, unless they're Tate and Liza, who achieved Peter-Pan-hood via their psychic abilities.

now the people complaining about Ash being the MC can stop, because this anime is an ensemble cast

I mean, I see Ash, Kukui, Samson, Kiawe, Jessie, James, Meowth, Lillie, Lana, Sophocles, and Mallow. That's not even counting someone like Hau who I guarantee will be there too.

Ash will probably hardcore share the spotlight.

This is also probably a BW level character reset, but that's a good thing.

Edited by Eneggmar

now the people complaining about Ash being the MC can stop, because this anime is an ensemble cast

I mean, I see Ash, Kukui, Samson, Kiawe, Jessie, James, Meowth, Lillie, Lana, Sophocles, and Mallow. That's not even counting someone like Hau who I guarantee will be there too.

This is also probably a BW level character reset, but that's a good thing.

...Wait, so you want him to lose competence, completely disregarding everything, again?

How is losing intelligence/knowledge/savvy desirable in any way whatsoever? If I forgot almost everything I worked hard to learn so suddenly for no reason, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I did see some theories that an UB might wipe his memory or something to justify it, though, and the plot would be driven by him trying to recover those memories.

...Wait, so you want him to lose competence, completely disregarding everything, again?How is losing intelligence/knowledge/savvy desirable in any way whatsoever? If I forgot almost everything I worked hard to learn so suddenly for no reason, I'd be pretty annoyed.I did see some theories that an UB might wipe his memory or something to justify it, though, and the plot would be driven by him trying to recover those memories.

woah, it's almost like there's a reason Kanto Ash was so well liked

Kalos Ash has literally no personality whatsoever. He's just a battle machine. Ash is more fun to watch when he isn't crushing literally everyone. From Korrina all the way to the first Alain battle, I'm fairly certain Ash never lost once. Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash are equally boring.

Comedy is more important than literally everything else. More comedy = better character. Not hard.

Huh. Gamexplain is treating the notion that Beauty is exclusive to Moon and Expansion is exclusive to Sun as a fact.

Something else that I believe further helps the belief that UB02 has two different forms is the following:

Beauty_s_Legs.png

I circled Beauty's feet because the "heels" look like two tentacles/feelers merged together. We know Expansion has four legs- so we've potentailly got another physical similarity here.

If it turns out Lusamine wears a red hazmat suit at one point... .

I think it's safe to say Mallow will be one of Ash's companions. She was seen with him in the leaked artwork of the starters' final evolutions.

But Ash with a Z-ring and that dance move, I gotta see him trying to do that after he failed at dancing earlier in the season lol (he looked embarrassing trying to replicate Tierno's moves :P). It's strange seeing him in pants that don't completely cover his legs though. But that's because we always saw him in full pants.

I'm intrigued at what this new anime season will be about though, since Alola doesn't have traditional gyms and stuff and people mentioned a school thing earlier.

EDIT:

Comedy is more important than literally everything else. More comedy = better character. Not hard.

Wtf? Where are you getting this? I like some humor as much as the next guy, but that is NOT the most important thing and is not the only thing that makes a good character. A good character has a good personality, good character development, and goes through experiences that we the audience can find relatable. It's what makes a character feel like an actual person instead of a flat piece of cardboard.

Edited by Anacybele

woah, it's almost like there's a reason Kanto Ash was so well liked

Kalos Ash has literally no personality whatsoever. He's just a battle machine. Ash is more fun to watch when he isn't crushing literally everyone. From Korrina all the way to the first Alain battle, I'm fairly certain Ash never lost once. Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash are equally boring.

While being able to spout jokes is nice and all, that's not everything to a character. You have to be relatable, and have development be consistent. Ash suddenly backpedalling doesn't make any sense in a story that has some (incredibly vague) sense of chronology. It would be like N suddenly deciding full blown liberation is the answer post BW.

Kanto Ash had no experience at that point in the chronology. Unova Ash (and Pikachu) had no excuse to be completely n00b, since chronologically he wasn't.

Somehow I didn't notice the resemblance between UB02 Beauty and Lusamine until later, when I saw the to side by side...

Probably because only thing I thought at the time was how its name and looks don't match. Beauty reminds me of this aquatic insect whose name I don't remember (also the shape of the hair is like a cockroach). And due to some personal experience with aquatic insects, it makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Rockruff's evolution is pretty cool though, and I'm liking the theory of alternate forms for starters.

If you don't mind me asking, how does showing Team Rocket and characters we know live in Alola prove that it's an ensemble cast / Ash stops being the sole MC?

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, I just don't follow the logic.

(Granted I don't know how the anime seasons have been usually advertised so maybe I'm just missing something)

In the Pokémon Anime World, you don't age until you go to school.In other words, Ash has been avoiding aging and remaining ten by cutting class in favor of ADVENTURE.Nah, perverted BFF should be Hau. Kiawe should be a jock always picking on Ash and Sophecles, or whatever he was called.In the games and manga, people age as normal, unless they're Tate and Liza, who achieved Peter-Pan-hood via their psychic abilities.

For some reason, now I'm imaginng the anime now being some sort of go-to-school-save-the-world kind of thing.

They go to school by day, and secretely fights Team Skull at night!

Also, here are the bios for the new Ultra Beasts.

They are rather short.

UB-02 Expansion:

"Has a body that's a deadly weapon to match its name."

UB-02 Beauty:

"Just like its name implies, it can use its beauty to charm all Pokémon. Regardless of gender, it can eliminate its opponent's desire to fight."

For some reason, now I'm imaginng the anime now being some sort of go-to-school-save-the-world kind of thing.

They go to school by day, and secretely fights Team Skull at night!

There's something sorta like that in the BW2 arc of Special, though the "go to school" bit is basically an act to look for a twelve year old ex-Plasma.