Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I admit version exclusivity for these two forms doesn't really make sense with the day-night cycle, but I don't mind it since I won't have to worry about accidentally evolving my Rockruff into the wrong form. :P

I hope that mermaid Popplio is the Sun exclusive one too though! I don't want to end up only being able to get it through trade...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, something I keep meaning to ask: how do ya'll pronounce "Lusamine"?

I've been saying it as "lew-suh-meen-ey", but in videos I've been primarily hearing "lew-suh-mien" and "lew-suh-meen".

I just pronounce "Lu-suh-meen-e".

What typing do you guys think Rockruff evos will be?

I think Rock/Dark for Moon and Rock/Normal or Rock/Psychic for Sun.

What make you think of a possible Rock/Psychic? As far as I can remember, Rockruff doesn't seem to show any possible trait regarding this type.

The Wyvern Rider: Well, maybe so both can be dual-typed? The midnight form might gain an advantage by having two types.

But yeah, imo, it wouldn't make sense for the midnight one to NOT be Dark type. I mean, look at it... As for the daytime one, my guess is either pure Rock or Rock/Ground.

Edited by Anacybele

her japanese name is ルザミーネ, which is romanized as "Ruzamīne" so I guess it's pronounced "loo-suh-mee-nay"

Alright then, I know how I will pronounce it then!

Here's the problem with that:

Endings in katakana aren't consistent with exact English equivalents.

Just like セラフィーヌ is "Seraphina" or セレスト is "Celeste".

Since her name is from Balsamine, I assume it's "Lusa-meen".

You remember "Yune" from Radiant Dawn and how they pronounced it "You-neh"? It's ユーヌ "Yuunu" in JP.

Like "Yune" being said like "Dune".

Edited by shadowofchaos

And we see the issues of translating from an inflected to a non-infleceted language first hand.

The last one, like Jasmine or something, just like adding Luce to Mine.

Btw, I've yet to preorder Moon but the reveals nowadays are factoring whether one gets a version or another.

Also, the dog with priority moves seems to be better than the moon dog with counter.

We don't know about stats- Midday may be pretty jack-of-all trades, with Midnight favoring speed and attack (which is what I'm assuming). Or maybe Midday is bulkier than it looks, with middling offenses.

I'm hoping Midnight at least goes that route- Tyranitar exchanged speed for bulk, despite having common weaknesses and being much better at offense than defense. And yeah, I'm assuming Rock/Dark.

For Midday, I honestly think maybe Rock/Normal. It doesn't even look that rocky anymore, with the stone neck brace gone. Ghost immunity for quad fighting weakness- I could see it happen (fighting's a common enough type that you wouldn't want to send it out against something with it either way). Plus, it gets things like STAB facade/return shenanigans.

But we'll find out 9-ish am Eastern time tomorrow (9's when the trailers usually drop on the east coast, right?).

What make you think of a possible Rock/Psychic? As far as I can remember, Rockruff doesn't seem to show any possible trait regarding this type.

The same reason that make me think Solgaleo was going to be everything but Psychic. Idk, I think their eyes feel hypnotic, in both evolutions, so maybe it can be Psychic, but I totally see it being pure Rock or Rock/Normal or something of the likes.

Edit: also, news are coming 6:00 PDT which is 8:00 my time (COT)

Edited by Quintessence

I'm hoping Midday Rockruff evo gets U-Turn and Stealth-Rock. It could be a good lead, combined with Priority.

Assuming it's the speedy one while the Midnight form is the offensive one.

Speaking of which, is Accelrock signature? If not... oh boy Minior's gonna have a field day.

Also rip Talonflame being in OU ever again. Heck, rip anything that's flying type in the higher tiers, since they're normally not very bulky.

Edited by TrueEm

Ugh, why does moon have to get the Rockruff's edgelution? Meanwhile Sun gets a regal, beautiful looking wolf.

Maybe I can convince someone to trade it to me...

Is it the case where Sun is always day and Moon is always night? I know the events take place 12 hours apart, but I'm assuming there are still day/night cycles?

Perhaps they are setting up a Groudon/Kyogre situation with eternal day/night plots

Is it the case where Sun is always day and Moon is always night? I know the events take place 12 hours apart, but I'm assuming there are still day/night cycles?

I assumed the same thing, but Moon's time is actually 12 hours ahead (or behind?). When it's daytime in reality, it's night in-game, and vice versa at night. So it's midnight when it's high noon, and noon when it's midnight.

I'll be free tomorrow when the next trailer hits, so I'll post it here as soon as I can.

Edited by Lightchao42

I assumed the same thing, but Moon's time is actually 12 hours ahead (or behind?). When it's daytime in reality, it's night in-game, and vice versa at night. So it's midnight when it's high noon, and noon when it's midnight.

Thank you for clarifying that.

If the evolutions are tied to day/night like umbreon/espeon, it won't be any worse than waiting until 6-8 pm when the day-night cycle shifts. I can deal with that.

I'm hoping Midday Rockruff evo gets U-Turn and Stealth-Rock. It could be a good lead, combined with Priority.

Assuming it's the speedy one while the Midnight form is the offensive one.

Speaking of which, is Accelrock signature? If not... oh boy Minior's gonna have a field day.

Also rip Talonflame being in OU ever again. Heck, rip anything that's flying type in the higher tiers, since they're normally not very bulky.

Technically they haven't said it is an attack type move, maybe it is a status move. Accelrock seems related to speed, so maybe it increases speed. i don't trust translations anymore

Technically they haven't said it is an attack type move, maybe it is a status move. Accelrock seems related to speed, so maybe it increases speed. i don't trust translations anymore

Serebii says it's priority, and Serebii doesn't typically say it unless it's 100% confirmed.

http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/13-September-2016.shtml

Also we already have Rock Polish we don't need anymore useless moves like that.

Serebii says it's priority, and Serebii doesn't typically say it unless it's 100% confirmed.

http://www.serebii.net/news/2016/13-September-2016.shtml

Also we already have Rock Polish we don't need anymore useless moves like that.

Not that I was doubting about serebii's credibility; it is a reliable source. I was pointing out whether it's an attack or status move.

Moving on, what are the chances of Lunaala surviving Dark and Ghost moves like Pursuit, Knock Off, Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak? Shadow Shield reduces dmg (maybe by 25%?), but will Lunaala actually survive any of these? This comes from the idea that both legends might get access to Cosmic Power and be kind of tanks, specially Solgaleo whom is immune to stat reduction.

Moving on, what are the chances of Lunaala surviving Dark and Ghost moves like Pursuit, Knock Off, Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak? Shadow Shield reduces dmg (maybe by 25%?), but will Lunaala actually survive any of these? This comes from the idea that both legends might get access to Cosmic Power and be kind of tanks, specially Solgaleo whom is immune to stat reduction.

I honestly think Lunaala might be joining Black Kyurem and becoming a non-Ubers box legend. It's typing just sucks.

It looks like a Special Sweeper with little defense (for a Legendary) so it might get stuck in OU or even UU just due to that massive weakness to Dark and Ghost.

Also, Shadow Shield is literally a renamed Mulitscale, although it could have a boost from 50% damage reduction to 75%. It activates only when at full HP, so it makes it a bit easier to set up, but the 4x weakness to Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak ensure it won't last much longer. It'll probably just be good for it's signature Z-Move, assuming it does extra damage or something.

Edited by TrueEm

Yeah, sucks that it's hurt by such commoj threats, but even then, I think it might have a chance by taking out these threats with a fairy, dark, bug or fighting poke and help Lunaala setup afterwards. After all, it has normal and fighting immunity, psychic and poison resistance BUT weak to u-turn. I think it'll be ala Xerneas/Yveltal, with high Sp Attck and strong bulk, and average speed. Solgaleo on the other hand may be more physical poke

Lunalaa had a chance to be super broken just by respect of having good stats from being cover legend and near imposibility for having bad movepool

Typing moveset alone it would get Psycshock. It have signature move confirmed Ghost IIRC

That alone is MUCH higher on movepool than Kyurem B's super expansive physical movepool of Outrage. KB with Ice punch literally 2HKO 4/6 of Weavile Stall

Edited by JSND

Yeah, sucks that it's hurt by such commoj threats, but even then, I think it might have a chance by taking out these threats with a fairy, dark, bug or fighting poke and help Lunaala setup afterwards. After all, it has normal and fighting immunity, psychic and poison resistance BUT weak to u-turn. I think it'll be ala Xerneas/Yveltal, with high Sp Attck and strong bulk, and average speed. Solgaleo on the other hand may be more physical poke

Don't get me wrong, with proper strategy, Lunaala could easily set up and destroy anything in it's path. But it could very easily go the other way, since Knock-Off is extremely common. Plus, if anything has the possibility of both Sucker Punch and Pursuit (And both are commonly run), mind-games ahoy!

It have signature move confirmed Ghost IIRC

While it is confirmed Ghost, I'm telling you, it's a Z-Move! It HAS to be, it's formatted the same way! Same with Solgaleo and Zygarde Complete's moves.

Edited by TrueEm

Its really weakness to Pursuit that hurts

Knock and Sucker can be outplayed. A good pursuit is impossible to outplay

Honestly after Gamefreak created the abomination that is Primal Groudon, i won't be surprised if they are going to design this gen legend to be super broken

Also funny enough Ghost/Psychic is actually outclassed by Dark/Psychic as a typing. Go figure

Edited by JSND

Its really weakness to Pursuit that hurts

Knock and Sucker can be outplayed. A good pursuit is impossible to outplay

Honestly after Gamefreak created the abomination that is Primal Groudon, i won't be surprised if they are going to design this gen legend to be super broken

Also funny enough Ghost/Psychic is actually outclassed by Dark/Psychic as a typing. Go figure

I actually saw posts back in the day about how Primal Groudon could save ubers, due to effectively countering power herb Xerneas (which caused a fair amount of hysteria back when it first became a thing), Kyogre (Groudon is virtually guaranteed to be slower and should be made to be that way, causing its' ability to go into play second and neutralizing anything Kyogre could do to it), and Mega Gengar (it's bulky as heck with very high attack- who in their right mind would send Mega Gengar out against it anyways?).

The one thing that's deserving of the abomination title is Mega Rayquaza- the thing that broke ubers.