Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like absorption that much. I MUCH prefer Beauty

The eyes are a bit off-putting to me, and I don't mean that in the good creepy way, but rather, it looks too human.

They still haven't updated the website by the way, so that flavor text on Serebii is not available there yet. I wonder if they'll reveal something more.

Well, a trailer is better than nothing! I wasn't really expecting anything more than a trailer on the two UB-02s anyway. :P

Since the release is only two months away, I hope we don't get shown too much more before then. I'd like to see some surprises when I play Sun!

Well, a trailer is better than nothing! I wasn't really expecting anything more than a trailer on the two UB-02s anyway. :P

Since the release is only two months away, I hope we don't get shown too much more before then. I'd like to see some surprises when I play Sun!

I agree. They will reveal more about Type: Null and probably a few more Pokémon or regional forms, but so far I believe we know considerably less than before the release of X & Y (right?), which is a good thing.

Its strange that they have revealed ultra beasts at all because they seem like they will be the boss pokemon that the legendaries could never be and will be fairly late game and a rather large plot element

Edited by Mackc2

Its strange that they have revealed ultra beasts at all because they seem like they will be the boss pokemon that the legendaries could never be and will be fairly late game and a rather large plot element

I mean, both forms of UB-02 were shown on Mele Mele Island, fighting against Hala and Tapu Koko. Even if you do revisit the earlier islands later in the game, I can't see those scenes being too late game. They might even end up being your first encounter with the Ultra Beasts in game.

I believe the battles against them will be a mix immunity and things that will be detrimental to the player.

For example, UB-02 Beauty's bio says that it can charm all Pokemon, regardless of gender, so maybe, when fighting UB-02 Beauty,

all of the player's Pokemon will be inflicted with the Infatuation status effect, and even switching out the Pokemon won't heal it.

Ok that sounds actually shit. Pokemon hack games already shows you how shitty Double Team spam is and thats basically UB 02. Somehow i thought UB 02 would become a trainer though

Also Quinty forgot Mold Breaker Thunder Wave. GG

Really? Has no one even thought about Gladion being UB-02 Expansion/Absorbtion? Look at him; the cuts on the clothes, red undershirt... it fits so perfectly!

Well, besides the mouth thing.

Gives me hope that Lusamine might not be UB-02B in Sun, just in Moon.

(Sorry if someone actually did already say something about it, I probably missed it.)

Edited by TrueEm

I mentioned it a few pages back, but got shot down and didn't feel like arguing.

Personally I think it explains his whole shakey hand thing.

Honestly, the name Expansion makes a whole lot more sense than Absorbtion when you think about it. Tbqh, I'm curious about the name change. Sure, http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/expand-dong is a thing, but that's not a good reason to change it.

We'll be making that joke either way.

I said that Gladion would be a different UB, a hybrid between a human and a UB.

... what? Where'd you get that from? I know people have been hypothesising some weird splicing shit with the UBs, but that's just... weird.

Anyways last thing; It's said that UB-01 can shape shift, but never has it been said that UB-02A/E or B could. The name Expansion could explain if someone is UB-02A/E, but nothing explains UB-02B supposedly being Lusamine.

I'm maybe thinking only UB-01 is actually a person, while both UB-02E/A and B just happens to look like they could be. Maybe I'm just being way too hopeful, but hey it's just a theory...

A

Game-Theory-Video-Game-Crossovers-Featur

Edited by TrueEm

... what? Where'd you get that from? I know people have been hypothesising some weird splicing shit with the UBs, but that's just... weird.

I got it from basically nothing besides Gladion and Lusamine possibly being related, Lusamine possibly being a UB, and trying to think of a reason of why he's with Team Skull. It also gives a reason for his hand twitchiness. I called it a crazy theory in my original post for a reason. And by hybrid, I meant child, and probably should've used that.

Edited by Konnor97

I'm just wondering if there's somewhat about connection between Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine due to the three of them have like Blond Hair and Green Eyes if they could really possibly be siblings and they did confirmed that Lillie is Mysterious.

And also, for the Ultra Beasts, it's kinda weird that the three Ultra Beasts weren't listed with the other Pokemon in the category in the official website and second, I do find it that UB-01 is definitely looks alot like Lillie, UB-02: Beauty is definitely resembles to Aether Foundation's Lusamine, and I did find a theory video in YouTube that UB-02: Absorption does have some things resembles to Gladion with the arm spikes and other stuff that I didn't realize that earlier.

But, it's just my thought about the 3 Ultra Beasts could be Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine and Lusamine in one of the trailers does look like she was surprised along with the main protagonist, Hau, and Wicke when they see UB-01 coming out of the portal and Lillie wasn't seen with them in the Aether Foundation, I totally think that this could be like Lillie could have transformed into UB-01 some around the game plot happened and the two UB-02s flying through Hala could be Lusamine and Gladion could have transformed into the two UB-02s before they challenge Topu Koko and Hala happened? And I was wondering if the Ultra Beasts could possibly been mutated with science and technology or an another unbelievable crisis?

Edited by King Marth 64

Really? Has no one even thought about Gladion being UB-02 Expansion/Absorbtion? Look at him; the cuts on the clothes, red undershirt... it fits so perfectly!

(Sorry if someone actually did already say something about it, I probably missed it.)

I think that's because, while a lot of people assumed it at first, it's just that UB-01 and Beauty both look VERY similar to Lillie and Lusamine, while you really have to squint to see Absorption's similarities to Gladion. Keep in mind we may not have seen all the important characters in the game, so there could be someone who looks much more similar to Absorption, while new Ultra Beasts could look more like Gladion.

You could also apply The DanMan's theory and say Lusamine will wear a red hazmat suit which will look similar to Absorption. Maybe I completely misunderstood or misremember that idea, but who knows what we're dealing with here. The list of possibilities could be made very long; I saw someone suggesting that the Ultra Beasts were people in another dimension, and are now coming to "ours" to warn us about something.

Edit: a trip to the Pokémon subreddit revealed that Beauty is probably based on copepods, which are used to control or combat mosquitos, drawing a parallel between the two Ultra Beasts.

Edited by Thane

I hate to kinda derail this a bit, but did anyone look at the promo poster for the anime? There's a Mimikyu that's awfully close to Jesse and James...

*snip*

Oh my... this'll be fun.

As others have said, UB01 and Beauty are basically dead-ringers for Lillie and Lusamine, while the similarities between Gladion and Absorption are much less pronounced. Heck, Beauty and Absorption have similarities of their own (hence the "red hazmat suit theory" Thane mentioned- in the field, Lusamine may wear something red and covering at some point to match Expansion). Edited by The DanMan

You know, maybe Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine have no relation to the Ultra Beasts and the similarities between them are just a red herring.

Anyway here's a theory as to why Type: Null is referred to as such:

4b1.png

Personally, I'm more intrigued that the Spanish name alone uses Code instead of Type.

Although, not sure if that could have any sort of significance in the grand scheme of things...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I just noticed something that reinforces the idea that Ultra Beasts are not Pokemon.

Usually, when a new Pokemon is revealed in a trailer, we can hear it's cry. However, when a Ultra Beast is revealed, there's no cry at all.

Maybe Ultra Beasts won't even have cries?

I just noticed something that reinforces the idea that Ultra Beasts are not Pokemon.

Usually, when a new Pokemon is revealed in a trailer, we can hear it's cry. However, when a Ultra Beast is revealed, there's no cry at all.

Maybe Ultra Beasts won't even have cries?

I wouldn't doubt it. They definitely don't feel like Pokemon. They feel like Etrian Odyssey bosses, actually...