Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Pokémon Bank will update on January 2017 with Sun and Moon compatibility.

The next news will come on October 4th.

So, every two weeks? Nice.

What did the leak say again?

Also, I just realized that Eevee's Z move will make it into an absolute beast in Little Cup.

I'm not on top of it, but it specified a rugby monkey and a werewolf like evolution for Rockruff with it's tail over top of/merged with it's back, with the latter having a sketch bearing a moderate resemblance to Lycanroc's midnight form.

Some stuff from a Pokejungle article two weeks ago:

Pyroar & Zubat before the reveal of Solgaleo & Lunaala

Pikachu covered in a sheet prior to seeing Mimikyu

Image of rock-paper-scissors and innards (?) before Pyukumuku Sandcastle & shovel for Sandygast & Palossand

A skeleton on cloth for Team Skull

The leaker posted pictures of them before said Pokemon were revealed.

Interestingly, they also posted a picture of Aristotle not long before the article was posted... and we've got a very wizened-looking monkey just revealed.

Here's the link: http://pokejungle.net/2016/09/07/chinese-riddler-makes-us-solve-leaks/

Predicts Alolan forms for the following:

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur Voltorb, Electrode,

Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra Staryu, Starmie

Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z Gen II starters

Chinchou, Lanturn Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus Hawlucha

Oh, and his avatar's Colress. People think they've seen him in the latest trailer. Maybe this is backstory for Colress in the re-boot universe?

Edited by The DanMan

Yooooooo!

I kinda like Midday Lyconroc a bit more but Oranguru steals the cake for me. Moon It Is. (I mean, was there ever any doubt?)

Although since it's mentioned that Rockruff shares an evolutionary secret with the starters... and we've seen what it is... could it be...?

ALSO YOU CAN GROOM YOUR POKEMON

And I LOVE the new customization options. Dressing up was really fun in Kalos so it looks like it's gonna be a BLAST here.

And the animation for Pikachu's Z-move is adorable.

I'm squealing.

The 2 Moon exclusive have more personality I think.

Oranguru already looked great, but seeing them being groomed just makes me love them even more. I didn't knew you could looks both dignified and adorable before.

Huh, that was much more than I had expected. I've think I'll go for Pokémon Sun, but damn if that Oranguru didn't look awesome.

I'm just sad we didn't get any more information on the story or Ultra Beasts, but I suppose I wouldn't want to know too much.

Also, I hope the male protagonists get a little more variet in their clothing than what we saw in the trailer; the female counterpart's options seemed a lot more diverse. Speaking of appearances, is it just me, or do the characters sort of look...soulless, with those giant eyes and ever-present smiles? I don't know, it creeped me out a bit when they cut to them in the beauty parlor.

Huh, that was much more than I had expected. I've think I'll go for Pokémon Sun, but damn if that Oranguru didn't look awesome.

I'm just sad we didn't get any more information on the story or Ultra Beasts, but I suppose I wouldn't want to know too much.

Also, I hope the male protagonists get a little more variet in their clothing than what we saw in the trailer; the female counterpart's options seemed a lot more diverse. Speaking of appearances, is it just me, or do the characters sort of look...soulless, with those giant eyes and ever-present smiles? I don't know, it creeped me out a bit when they cut to them in the beauty parlor.

Eh, no more than most customizable protagonists.

What I'm still kinda bummed out on is how they seem to have de-aged- the 5th and 6th gen protagonists were pretty clearly in their teens, while the Sun and Moon ones fall in the cookie-cutter ten year old slot.

And there'll be more info on October 2nd- seem like they're going to be doing stuff every two weeks.

What I'm still kinda bummed out on is how they seem to have de-aged- the 5th and 6th gen protagonists were pretty clearly in their teens, while the Sun and Moon ones fall in the cookie-cutter ten year old slot.

Wait, how can you tell? They all look the same to me.

Eh, no more than most customizable protagonists.

And there'll be more info on October 2nd- seem like they're going to be doing stuff every two weeks.

Actually, It's not that the protagonists are getting shorter or younger, they are just portraying humans sizes more accurately.

In X and Y and ORAS, unless it was a little kid or AZ, all humans were the same size, regardless of age.

Wait, how can you tell? They all look the same to me.

They explicitly said that they wanted to make the 5th gen PCs seem a bit older, and Serena and ORAS May have obvious breasts.

Actually, It's not that the protagonists are getting shorter or younger, they are just portraying humans sizes more accurately.

In X and Y and ORAS, unless it was a little kid or AZ, all humans were the same size, regardless of age.

In regards to both posts: the more realistically scaled parts of X and Y/ORAS the PCs came up to about the neck of adults- we can clearly see our 7th gen PCs come up mid-torso to adults, as the overworld is now realistically proportioned.

After this trailer, I can definitively say that my choice will be Pokémon Moon, probably because Oranguru and Midnight Lyconroc just looks like to be more...memorable, for some reason.

The customization seems to be improved and I just hope that they'll give to the male more option.

Because, seriously, the options for the male in X and Y in this regard weren't something I would call fantastic.

I always thought Kyouhei/Nate, Mei/Rosa, Calme/Calem and Serena looked younger than the Touya/Hilbert and Touko/Hilda.

Nate and Rosa I could see being younger, but Calem and Serena look pretty on par with Hilda and Hilbert to me.

Edited by The DanMan

So does Eevee's Z-Move debunk any new potential Eeveelutions? Thats what it seemed like to me.

It was already debunked- we saw part of it's Pokedex entry, and it showed it surrounded by 8 empty pokeballs (signifying 8 evolutions).

3rd and 5th gen didn't add any new eeveelutions either- seems like and odd-numbered gen thing.

So does Eevee's Z-Move debunk any new potential Eeveelutions? Thats what it seemed like to me.

Actually, new Eeveevolutios for Gen 7 were already debunked months ago, when the Rotom Pokedex was revealed.

EDIT: Ninja'd...or, since it's a Pokemon thread, Greninja'd?

Edited by Water Mage

Actually, new Eeveevolutios for Gen 7 were already debunked months ago, when the Rotom Pokedex was revealed.

Eh, that's more of a Smashboards thing- where they have the stock icons for every fighter ready to use.

I've been thinking about encouraging people to use the ninja class sprite on here.

Anyways, I think I have a new OP title. Think late-60's boybands.

It would be Greninja'd.

But yeah Jedi, what Water Mage and DanMan said. Unless they are trying to be super sneaky about it and have a hidden Eeveelution, but I seriously doubt that. Besides, new Eeveelution tend to get added on the even Gen (though that may be coincidence). HOWEVER, I am not ruling out the possibility of an Alolan Eevee with protean.

Mach Punch is actually a very uncommon move. So that low HP isn't that much of a risk.

That was just one example. I'm pretty sure any reasonably strong STAB move will knock Eevee out. And even if you don't KO it, there are other ways to nullify the stats, like Whirlwind and Haze. The problem is that you can only use the Z-move once per battle, so once your opponent counters it you're stuck with a dead weight on the team. Thanks to team previews you won't even get the element of surprise.

Don't get me wrong, the animation is sweet. However I seriously doubt it has any competitive viability.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention; any 'mon with Prankster and Taunt will effortlessly shut Eevee down.

Edited by Shuuda