Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny because someone just posted screenshot of this era in gamefaqs

tl;dr When Unova starter is leaked people are so salty they tried to prove its fake by using overly complicated method like zooming in photoshop 1000 times until its pixelated or something

Well, it did involve Pignite/Emboar...

Relevant :

watch?v=zi8VTeDHjcM

haha

Reminds me of when Shulk was leaked in Smash 4, and people said it was a Photoshopped Little Mac.

Funnily, someone else was cobbling together a "whait-if" Shulk render that looked surprisingly similar. But that was because the guy was in on the ESRB leak circle, knew someone else in it would probably release it to the world sooner or later, and was going to "create" approximations of the unannounced character's renders to try and conserve hype.

The history of the ESRB leak at times is as thrilling as WWII spy stories.

inb4 we won't fight Lusamine and in return she'll just become UB-02 Beauty

News HYPE

Thoughts for tomorrow's news?

I just want to see the first evolutions of the starters.

Really, I think It's the first time that so much time has passed without said evolutions being shown.

I kinda want plot related stuffs.

I'd really prefer if we had something to work with when hypothesizing about it.

I don't want them to show plot-related stuff, to be honestf: I'm just afraid that they would show too much about the story.

Speaking of the ESRB leak, did the leaker ever get caught by his superiors and fired for what was a breach of contract if I remember correctly, or is that unknown?

On topic, I genuinely hope no plot is shown today, because of the fact we have our baseline.

Speaking of the ESRB leak, did the leaker ever get caught by his superiors and fired for what was a breach of contract if I remember correctly, or is that unknown?

On topic, I genuinely hope no plot is shown today, because of the fact we have our baseline.

Nothing "official" was said, but it was heavily rumored that they dude got fired- as he should've been.

And yeah, we have enough of plot details and story for now. I just want them to expand on the amount of new 'mons.

Nothing "official" was said, but it was heavily rumored that they dude got fired- as he should've been.

And yeah, we have enough of plot details and story for now. I just want them to expand on the amount of new 'mons.

That's good to know, not firing him would have consequences, even if it's just a rumor.

Particularly since Sun and Moon appear to be trying something different, the little we've seen starts the hype, adding more might slow it because less surprise.

I actually rather wish that Pokémon would slow/stop the flow of information for Pokémon Sun and Moon. They've announced 49 brand-new Pokémon (If I'm counting right) (plus all the Zygarde cell/whatever stuff),10 Alola type forms, 3 Ultra Beasts, tonnes of gameplay and plot-related things, a whole slew of NPCs, etc. And there's still new information being released every couple weeks or so. The games are coming out in a little over a month, and I'm wondering how many surprises are going to left in the game by the time we can actually play it.

I'll still be following along with the news because I have obligations that require me to do so, but it's just so much.

I'll still be following along with the news because I have obligations that require me to do so, but it's just so much.

I know how you feel, and I agree to an extent, but it seems as if most games show more and more before their release in an attempt to create buzz and hype among its fans, something Sun & Moon have been very successful in doing, I might add. That doesn't make it better, I know, but I think relatively speaking it hasn't gone too far, but I guess that's subjective.

I'd also like to argue that a lot of the plot is still a big unknown. We do know of the factors that will drive it, but we know very little about which direction it'll take. Who knows, maybe the Aether guys will be straight up good guys and Team Skull will want the legendary Pokémon and Ultra Beasts to rule the world and that'll be the extent of it. I don't believe so for a minute, but it's not like we know enough to just discard the possibility right now.

Welp, I've got to skedaddle, duty calls. I hope there'll be an interesting video to watch when I get back home.

Edited by Thane

Rowlet's evolution makes me think of Edgeworth or something. XD

Also, Mega Evolution is back! I am content.

Wasn't expecting that Ash-Greninja would be like that, though! That's neat!

Edited by Dai

The most perplexing thing is the float stone. New evolutionary stones? Bah, I always hate how stone-evolution 'mons can't naturally learn new moves.

Dartrix is one step away from using a bow and arrow, eh?

Torracat has a fiery pendant around it's neck... looks like it would be a nice belt buckle. Also, Tora is Japanese for tiger.

Brionne is looking even more like a feminine sea demon.

TL;DR Leaks are even more confirmed, people.

Well, the first evolution of the starters was revelead, which is what I wanted: I must say that I like all of 'em, tough Torracat is the one i like the most.

At last, it seems that the Pokemon in the PC will be finally able to do something other than taking "dust" and i'm really happy for that.

Mega-evolutions are back, tough I think It was something we all expected.

Ash-Greninja was truly a nice surprise and I admit that I'm looking forward to use him.

TL;DR Leaks are even more confirmed, people.

Someone won't surely be happy about this

Dartrix:

Dartrix is extremely sensitive to other presences in the area and can detect opponents behind it and throw feathers to strike them without even seeing them. This Pokémon conceals sharp-bladed feathers inside its wings, showing astounding precision as it sends them flying in attack. And it goes beyond propelling its blade quills in simple straight lines—it can even bend these feathers to change their trajectories!

Revealing a certain snobbiness in its personality, Dartrix cares a great deal about its appearance, grooming its feathers in every spare moment. In truth, it’s also a bit of a birdbrain, with a tendency to bungle things up. Once it makes a mistake, it sometimes gets into a desperate struggle to gloss over the situation and ends up making a bigger mess than ever.

At times, this Pokémon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can’t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!

Torracat:

The bell-like object attached at the base of Torracat’s neck is a flame sac, an organ that can produce flames. Torracat’s emotions cause a rise in the organ’s temperature, and when the organ spits flames, it rings with the high, clear sound of a bell. Torracat attacks using the flames emitted from this bell.

Torracat’s mane serves as an excellent sensory organ, and it can sense what’s going on around it—even in the dark! It can also detect the presence of hidden enemies.

Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

Brionne:

Brionne learns its dances by imitating the other members of its colony. It sometimes even learns dances from humans. This Pokémon is a hard worker and pours itself into its efforts until it has memorized each dance. As it dances, Brionne creates balloon after balloon. In battle, it first sends its opponent into disarray with its dancing, and then slaps its balloons into its target, causing the balloons to explode and deal damage.

Brionne can dance in perfect time with others, even if they have only just met. On moonlit nights, you can sometimes see throngs of Brionne dancing as one, in perfect fluidity.

Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it’s feeling sad, this Pokémon doesn’t allow its sorrow to show. It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokémon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.

Ash-Greninja (seriously, why is it called that if Ash doesn't exist in the games???):

Ash-Greninja has powered up thanks to the strength of its bonds with Ash. This is the form Greninja takes when it has gained new power due to the miraculous occurrence known as the bond phenomenon. This can be brought on by the bonds between people and Pokémon. It seems that it has only known to have occurred once—several hundred years ago.

Ash-Greninja's leg strength has been enhanced compared to an ordinary Greninja, making it difficult to see because of the speed at which it can move. It takes its enemies out in a flash! It becomes able to make giant Water Shurikens on its back, and it can throw them in rapid succession.

Greninja that can become Ash-Greninja have an Ability that no Pokémon has ever had before—Battle Bond. The Battle Bond Ability triggers this Pokémon’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint. When the battle ends, the Pokémon returns to its original Greninja form. This form is only for battles where it needs to break the limits!
Edited by Lightchao42

The most perplexing thing is the float stone. New evolutionary stones? Bah, I always hate how stone-evolution 'mons can't naturally learn new moves.

Float Stone is an item that halves the weight of any Pokemon holding it. I believe it's existed for a while.

Float Stone is an item that halves the weight of any Pokemon holding it. I believe it's existed for a while.

Huh.

That's what happens when you put it among evolutionary stones, then- I misinterpret it.

Also, after getting mysteriously deleted the topic poll has been re-established, folks!

Datrix...I love it's pompous personality, and that hair flip!

Brionne is pretty feminine, it does seems like it will evolve into Entermaid. It's adorable as well! It's cheery personality is awesome!

Edited by Water Mage

Datrix...I love it's pompous personality, and that hair flip!

Brionne is pretty feminine, it does seems like it will evolve into Entermaid. It's adorable as well.

So that's the nickname people gave it. From that fake Pokedex leak? Makes me think of metermaid, though.

I'm loving Dartrix. I'm loving it. I'm about to say a very un-masculine, un-me thing... I NEED A PLUSHY!

How did you guys find the trailer? Google wasn't giving me results. >_>

But I like Litten and Popplio's evos! They also do look like they would evolve into the leaked ones, but don't forget they probably have another evolution like Rockruff.

Ash-Greninja is cool, but I won't use it. I don't care for it THAT much.

How did you guys find the trailer? Google wasn't giving me results. >_>

But I like Litten and Popplio's evos! They also do look like they would evolve into the leaked ones, but don't forget they probably have another evolution like Rockruff.

Ash-Greninja is cool, but I won't use it. I don't care for it THAT much.

I got it in my Sub-box on youtube ;)