Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Well, Snorlax is also fairly rare to obtain. Finding one is not the problem since usually they put one per region sleeping to wake up and fight as part of advancing the game. Finding more is the chore. Perhaps they wanted to keep it that way. And even after Munchlax was introducing, it also wasn't easy to find.

No clue on Relicanth.

Well, Relicanth is a living fossil, and all Fossil Pokémons have 87.5% chance of being male.

I'm just thinking about this now, but it makes sense.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at the amount of "omg the wrestler cat is an abomination eww where's my edgy sleek cat"

Liepard. Persian. Espeon. Luxray. Delcatty. So maybe this one specific cat didn't end up completely homogenized? So what? We have enough edgy cats for an entire lifetime. Litten3 should be praised, same with Purugly to an extent. Though Glameow is pretty awful

also Meowth and Purrloin are better bipedal

Edit: Ash-Greninja is great because now the Ash haters can suck it up and acknowledge that he actually matters. I don't like Greninja itself but I'm glad this exists.

Edited by Cykes-dono

lol at the amount of "omg the wrestler cat is an abomination eww where's my edgy sleek cat"

Liepard. Persian. Espeon. Luxray. Delcatty. So maybe this one specific cat didn't end up completely homogenized? So what? We have enough edgy cats for an entire lifetime. Litten3 should be praised, same with Purugly to an extent. Though Glameow is pretty awful

also Meowth and Purrloin are better bipedal

Edit: Ash-Greninja is great because now the Ash haters can suck it up and acknowledge that he actually matters. I don't like Greninja itself but I'm glad this exists.

That's not the problem for me, having a 2 legs cat is nice, such as Meowth like you said.

The problem is that every single fire starter ended up on 2 legs. This is kinda lazy and redundant, in my opinion. Also, do I need to remind you that half of them are Fire/Fighting? I know Litten will end up being Fire/Dark but its final evolution looks like a fighting type.

And another problem is the ''theme'' that the 3 starters share. They did a theme on the gen6 starters and 2 of them end up looking derp.

Edited by Nym

Ash is still irrelevant to me, regardless of how much they try to shove him in my face. After the Diamond and Pearl anime, Ash was dead to me.

Just because we've had a whole bunch of "sleek, edgy cats" over the years doesn't mean we are obligated to like the wrestler cat just because it's different.

lol

also bipedal Purrloin is an abomination

That's not the problem for me, having a 2 legs cat is nice, such as Meowth like you said.

The problem is that every single fire starter ended up on 2 legs. This is kinda lazy and redundant, in my opinion. Also, do I need to remind you that half of them are Fire/Fighting? I know Litten will end up being Fire/Dark but its final evolution looks like a fighting type.

And another problem is the ''theme'' that the 3 starters share. They did a theme on the gen6 starters and 2 of them end up looking derp.

Which two lol

Chesnaught and Delphox look good, and I only dislike Greninja because of the anime.

Two legs is better than four anyway. All bipedal Pokémon are the most popular. Pikachu, Greninja, Meowth, Lucario, Blaziken, Sceptile, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile.

In fact, I guarantee quad Litten would fade quietly into the background while Rowlet's bipedal evolution would be the big hit this generation. People are still futilely holding onto the dream of dual starter evos and it's not going to happen. An actual leak that said that the demo would give Ash-Greninja stated that the starters are the one and only.

also Emboar is the best starter in the whole series so Fire/Fighting is a good thing

[spoiler=type leak of Litten/Alolan Forms]And Litten won't even be Fire/Dark. The leaker basically stated that it's neither Fire/Fighting not Fire/Dark. If it's pure Fire, it's the first since Typhlosion.

The only Alolan forms left according to that leak are Geodude, Ekans, Doduo, and Diglett

Which two lol

Chesnaught and Delphox look good, and I only dislike Greninja because of the anime.

Chesnaught might be okay but Delphox's design does not make it look a wizard.

Two legs is better than four anyway. All bipedal Pokémon are the most popular. Pikachu, Greninja, Meowth, Lucario, Blaziken, Sceptile, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile.

They are not popular because they have 2 legs: it's because of the anime.

Also, according to the 2 months old favorite pokémon pool, Sylveon is 5th, only getting beat by Greninja, Pikachu and Mewtwo.

In fact, I guarantee quad Litten would fade quietly into the background while Rowlet's bipedal evolution would be the big hit this generation. People are still futilely holding onto the dream of dual starter evos and it's not going to happen. An actual leak that said that the demo would give Ash-Greninja stated that the starters are the one and only.

That would be because of the design (being an archer owl), not because of Litten ending on 2 legs or 4.

also Emboar is the best starter in the whole series so Fire/Fighting is a good thing

That's your opinion, not a fact. Also, because your starter is the ''best'' in the series does not justified the lazyness of making the same type for fire starters thrice in a row.

Edited by Nym

773.gif

These Pokémon fan artists are insane. I'm pretty sure they work at superhuman speed.

It's funny how Brionne and Torracat love the petting but Dartrix is like "Don't touch the hair you filthy peasant!"

All bipedal Pokémon are the most popular. Pikachu, Greninja, Meowth, Lucario, Blaziken, Sceptile, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile.

Vulpix, Ninetales, Absol, Samurott, the Eeveevolutions and the Legendary Beast trio are all saying hi.

773.gif

These Pokémon fan artists are insane. I'm pretty sure they work at superhuman speed.

Ain't it cute?

Anyway, still on team Popplio and Moon.

Popplio's just too cute, I refuse to give this thing up. They'd have to wretch it from my cold, dead hands.

It's funny how Brionne and Torracat love the petting but Dartrix is like "Don't touch the hair you filthy peasant!"

Joke identified! Run laugh.exe!

Vulpix, Ninetales, Absol, Samurott, the Eeveevolutions and the Legendary Beast trio are all saying hi.

Vulpix is actually cute though

Absol is edgy lol and is popular for the same reason something like Zoroark is popular

Samurott stands up to attack

lol Eeveelutions, the worst Pokémon in the series

Beasts are fine though

I agree with those saying we need a Fire starter that stays quadrupedal throughout. I'm rather tired of bipedal ones and a cat was a good excuse to make one remain bipedal. Hell, Tepig and Fennekin were good excuses as well being a pig and fox, but NOPE. GF keeps getting unoriginal (even though I do like Delphox).

This is one reason my fan starters include a fire goat that evolves into a ram. The ram is Fire/Psychic and also has some basis on the constellation Aries. (as a matter of fact Flaries is its name).

OBJECTION!

It seems that Mr SimonBlackquill forgot about Garbodor

Garbodor is one of my favorites. Try again.

Edit: also yet again I ask what is wrong with Garbodor. Can people seriously not handle the idea of a garbage monster? Pokémon is not the first nor the last series with a garbage monster.

It's ugly isn't really valid, because ugly is a positive descriptor in Pokémon

Edited by Cykes-dono

Muk is much, much worse than Garbodor. And I like Muk a lot.

And for the record, I like Garbodor too Not a favorite, but I like it.

Edited by TrueEm

Very well.

Farfetch'ed, Quillfish, Stanler, Delibird.

Muk is much, much worse than Garbodor. And I like Muk a lot.

And for the record, I like Garbodor too Not a favorite, but I like it.

I know but his design is trash too.

Do you think we should do a spoiler thread if the demo gets datamined to show the entire pokedex?

Seconded. It would be too hard to keep major spoilers like that out of this thread and I can swallow my pride enough to let another one become the center of the subforum.

Farfetch'ed, Quillfish, Stanler, Delibird.

I can agree on the other three, but I actually like Stantler a lot. I don't even know why, I guess it's just really unique.

I know but his design is trash too.

Eyyyyyyyyyyyy

mWqk4Hu.gif

Seconded. It would be too hard to keep major spoilers like that out of this thread and I can swallow my pride enough to let another one become the center of the subforum.

Agreed. I'll probably spoil myself anyways, but just in case. Edited by TrueEm

Anyway, Torracat's announcement is a perfect opportunity to post this :

On the Bipedal VS Quadrupedal debate... I don' really care.

The evolution makes perfect sense with the full evo leaked. As long as his SpA isn't in the 100 once again, I'll be fine.

OBJECTION!

You spelt Stunfisk wrong.

Actually Gurdurr is the single worst Pokémon ever created.

I'm always the first one jumping to defend Gen V Pokémon design, but that abomination deserves to die in the deepest pit of hell.

It looks like it hitted the wall too many time when it was a kid.

Anyway, Torracat's announcement is a perfect opportunity to post this :

[You spelt Stunfisk wrong.

Actually Gurdurr is the single worst Pokémon ever created.

I'm always the first one jumping to defend Gen V Pokémon design, but that abomination deserves to die in the deepest pit of hell.

It looks like it hitted the wall too many time when it was a kid.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Stunfisk. Why does it exist again?

I give Gurdurr a pass for being a mid-evolution (They're weird pretty often) and for Conkeldurr being really good.

It's design is frickin' dumb though.

Edited by TrueEm