Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can agree on the other three, but I actually like Stantler a lot. I don't even know why, I guess it's just really unique.

Agreed. I'll probably spoil myself anyways, but just in case.

Stantler is in the same vein as Ursaring with me- it's so unmemorable that it's memorable.

Also, completely offtopic, but the past two times you've quoted me it's taken me several minutes to get a notification. SF just acting up?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Stunfisk. Why does it exist again?

I give Gurdurr a pass for being a mid-evolution (They're weird pretty often) and for Conkeldurr being really good.

It's design is frickin' dumb though.

Stunfisk grew on me over time.

Their whole existence is a cruel joke by Arceus (only Pyukyumuku's (or however it's spelled) existence is sadder.) but they are... interresting. They look litterally like bull shit, but they are funny.

I know but his design is trash too.

Well, he is tra-oh, I think I understand what do you mean.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Stunfisk. Why does it exist again?

To remind us that a Ground/Electric type Pokémon exists

Also, completely offtopic, but the past two times you've quoted me it's taken me several minutes to get a notification. SF just acting up?

It's probably better than not getting a notification at all. Seriously, sometimes people would quote me, but SF doesn't gives me a notification about it.

Anyway, to be honest, I don't think that there is something like the worst pokémon designed.

Really, It's all up to one's tastes.

I mean, I hate Tentacruel, but others seems to love it, while I'll love Serperior until I die, but some people aren't really a fan of it.

I know I'm saying the obvious, but It never hurts being reminded of such a thing

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

lol at the amount of "omg the wrestler cat is an abomination eww where's my edgy sleek cat"

Liepard. Persian. Espeon. Luxray. Delcatty. So maybe this one specific cat didn't end up completely homogenized? So what? We have enough edgy cats for an entire lifetime. Litten3 should be praised, same with Purugly to an extent. Though Glameow is pretty awful

There's never enough sleek cats. We need more, more, MORE, MORE!!!

idk, there's a reason I like all of these (except Persian), and I was hoping the theme would continue.

Purugly is alright, if a bit funny looking. I give it a pass because it's not a starter and because it actually looks like a cat

Do you even know what edgy means? I get that when talking about Liepard but calling frickin Delcatty edgy?

Yeah, really designs are all up to tastes... There are several popular Pokemon I strongly dislike/hate (Blaziken, Gardevoir, Greninja, Charizard...). And some not-so-popular Pokemon that I really like (Lopunny, Zebstrika). You're always going to have differing opinions from others...

Also, going back to the Litten final evo topic, I never said its final evo had to be sleek and slim. I wouldn't have minded SOME buffness on a quadrupedal tiger. Just not overly done. In fact, this is what I thought Litten's final form would be if it wasn't witch-like. A rather bulky and tough looking quadrupedal tiger.

Edited by Anacybele

lol at the amount of "omg the wrestler cat is an abomination eww where's my edgy sleek cat"

Liepard. Persian. Espeon. Luxray. Delcatty. So maybe this one specific cat didn't end up completely homogenized? So what? We have enough edgy cats for an entire lifetime. Litten3 should be praised, same with Purugly to an extent. Though Glameow is pretty awful

also Meowth and Purrloin are better bipedal

Edit: Ash-Greninja is great because now the Ash haters can suck it up and acknowledge that he actually matters. I don't like Greninja itself but I'm glad this exists.

I don't want it to be edgy or whatever, I just want it to look like a cat. Cats... do not look like wrestlers. Also, I'm pretty sure wrestlercat qualifies as edgy tbh.

And there's also the fact they went and made a cat starter (rather than just another Pokémon) and made it evolve into... well, that.

Regarding Ash-Geninja: Eh, it's not a plot thing like it was in the XY anime so it doesn't really affect anything, so. I don't like Ash at all, but for those who do more power to them.

It's literally just advertising.

Two legs is better than four anyway. All bipedal Pokémon are the most popular. Pikachu, Greninja, Meowth, Lucario, Blaziken, Sceptile, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile.

...Pikachu is naturally a quadruped, it's just capable of standing on its hind legs. There are quite a few real life quadrupeds that can do that.

In fact, I guarantee quad Litten would fade quietly into the background while Rowlet's bipedal evolution would be the big hit this generation.

Do you have a decently sized and representative sample poll to back up such a claim? Oh wait, that's not actually possible, as such data would be impossible to take because the former doesn't actually exist (yet, at least). What's more, the "guarantee" qualifier is an absolute, when nothing is absolute in statistics.

People are still futilely holding onto the dream of dual starter evos and it's not going to happen. An actual leak that said that the demo would give Ash-Greninja stated that the starters are the one and only.

The reason we're doing this should be pretty obvious, Corocoro teased back in June(?) that the starters and Rockruff have a secret, then revealed Rockruff's to be the form evos.

As for the leak, getting one prediction right does not immediately mean credibility. I don't recall anything on Ash-Greninja in the demo in the Chinese leak, so mind clarifying what leaker this is?

also Emboar is the best starter in the whole series so Fire/Fighting is a good thing

A lot of people will be inclined to disagree with this, me included. This is an opinion, yet you seem to be stating it like it's a fact.

For my personal opinion on Emboar, I firmly believe it is one of the ugliest starters this series has produced.

[spoiler=type leak of Litten/Alolan Forms]

And Litten won't even be Fire/Dark. The leaker basically stated that it's neither Fire/Fighting not Fire/Dark. If it's pure Fire, it's the first since Typhlosion.

Source this leak.

The only Alolan forms left according to that leak are Geodude, Ekans, Doduo, and Diglett

The Chinese Leaker, who thus far has gotten most if not all his predictions right and was at least linked to the source of the leaked starter art, had far more listed than this.

Vulpix is actually cute though

Absol is edgy lol and is popular for the same reason something like Zoroark is popular

Samurott stands up to attack

lol Eeveelutions, the worst Pokémon in the series

Beasts are fine though

These are opinions.

Just because you don't personally like them doesn't change their popularity. Sylveon, for example, ranked fifth in that Japanese poll from a while back.

Garbodor is one of my favorites. Try again.

Edit: also yet again I ask what is wrong with Garbodor. Can people seriously not handle the idea of a garbage monster? Pokémon is not the first nor the last series with a garbage monster.

It's ugly isn't really valid, because ugly is a positive descriptor in Pokémon

I'm not going to try and change your opinion or anything, but what's a positive descriptor for you isn't necessarily a positive descriptor for everyone.

I find Garbodor ugly and dislike it for that, if you like it because it's ugly, then that's you. Not everyone.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

The 2nd stages seem nice, I wonder is the entire game is going to be dumped again since the fire is huge.

I'm hoping there'll be more demo rewards like festival coins so I can dress myself up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So I know we just got news today but what do you think the news is going to be on the 14th? Type Null was hinted to be the primary focus, I can see cutiefly's evo and maybe more mechanics. T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶a̶i̶n̶e̶g̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶G̶i̶f̶f̶c̶a̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶o̶r̶d̶e̶c̶a̶i̶ ̶

My opinion about Emboar is that even if there's more meat than with Pignite, I have some doubt about the quality.

Too much muscles.

Yeah, really designs are all up to tastes... There are several popular Pokemon I strongly dislike/hate (Blaziken, Gardevoir, Greninja, Charizard...). And some not-so-popular Pokemon that I really like (Lopunny, Zebstrika). You're always going to have differing opinions from others...

Also, going back to the Litten final evo topic, I never said its final evo had to be sleek and slim. I wouldn't have minded SOME buffness on a quadrupedal tiger. Just not overly done. In fact, this is what I thought Litten's final form would be if it wasn't witch-like. A rather bulky and tough looking quadrupedal tiger.

Actually, we already have Solgaleo, which is a quadrupedal muscular mon.

​Maybe it's because I didn't loved him as much as Fennekin, but i don't mind this evo that much. Popplio and Rowlett's final evo looks far better, but he dosn't looks that bad.

I rewatched the trailer, and the place where the protagonist got the Mega Stone from Sina and Dexio seems to be the area with the broken walls on the leftmost island. There's a pillar with a symbol very similar to Solgaleo/Pokemon Sun's symbol on it (And this is the Island with the Legendaries on it) and it matches pretty well, assuming the map is like XY's where it's not entirely detailed compared to the actual game.

Hopefully this means it's going to be mid-late to late game, if not after game. I'd hate for the game's difficulty to get completely destroyed like in XYORAS.

Also, since the Z-Ring is indeed used for Mega Evolution as well, I may have been right before in saying that you can only either Mega or use a Z-Move once per battle. Granted, I could easily be wrong (And I kinda hope I am now...) but it's interesting nonetheless.

I think it would've been funny to get both a Z-Ring and Mega Ring/Bracelet.

Last thing before I leave SF for the day I guess. I dunno if this has been posted before now, but this is a recreation of presumably Gladion's Battle Theme. It was in the jpn trailer. I like it a lot, so I decided to put it here I guess.

I don't have the time to go back through a month or so of posts and check for this video so... yeah.

EDIT

I also put another one in there because idk I liked it.

It's not confirmed their battle theme, it just plays during their section of the trailer.

Edited by TrueEm

I like the Gladion one. It doesn't sound very evil though, which supports the idea there might be more to Gladion than some Team Skull goon.

His theme seems to share strains with the Aether Foundation's theme. It's pretty unsubtle that there's more to him than meets the eye.

More news coming October 14th 6:00 PDT. I think it's the same hour we are already receiving the info.

Isn't that Corocoro? Or are we getting more news from Pokemon themselves?

Edited by TrueEm

More news from The Pokemon Company themeselves, according to serebii's edits.

Edit:

14:07: The next release of Pokémon Sun & Moon information will hit on October 14th at 22:00 JST, which is 00:00 AEDT, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT

Edited by Quintessence

More news from The Pokemon Company themeselves, according to serebii's edits.

Edit:

9:00 a.m. EST seems to be their main time.

Honestly, I appreciate the steady stream of positivity and hype- especially since another thing I'm hyped for/a fan of is being met with nitpicks, arguing, negativity, and general anti-hype.

But I'll end this here before I get sidetrack into a sentimental rant.

I think that's a Friday which means I'll actually be at home for once! Yayz! I assumed this was going to be a Coro Coro leak too. lol

EDIT: Yep, my calendar says Friday, woot.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, I'm gonna restart spam for a female too, though only so I can name it Ariel if that mermaid Popplio is the Sun exclusive evolution (I think we'll get split evolutions for the starters like with Rockruff because of the secret thing mentioned awhile ago). :P

I'll accept any sex for my Popplio tbh. If my little boy wants to be pretty, then gosh darnit I'll let him be pretty.

plz have a good nature at least

Still picking Rowlet.

Also, on my ORAS file, I somehow picked both a female Treecko and a female Cyndaquil. Also bred a female Charmander on my Y file to give to my AS file.

9:00 a.m. EST seems to be their main time.

Honestly, I appreciate the steady stream of positivity and hype- especially since another thing I'm hyped for/a fan of is being met with nitpicks, arguing, negativity, and general anti-hype.

But I'll end this here before I get sidetrack into a sentimental rant.

Sorry to have disappointed you, I get easily bored with arguments and people slamming posts to each other :smug:

After all, I just adopt the stoic attitude of SLOWPOKE.

More on topic, I didn't catch that much of the trailer regarding mega evolutions, but how exactly will Mega work with Z-moves? Are they mutually exclusive or not?

More on topic, I didn't catch that much of the trailer regarding mega evolutions, but how exactly will Mega work with Z-moves? Are they mutually exclusive or not?

No information on it's relationship beyond the Z-Ring acting as a Mega Ring. We probably won't know until the game releases or the Demo gets data-mined. ;)

The website doesn't specify either...

[spoiler=The small snipit from Website]

There are two conditions that must be fulfilled for Mega Evolution to occur. First, Trainers must wear a special item called a Key Stone, while Pokémon must hold a specific Mega Stone for their particular species. Second, a Trainer must have a strong bond with his or her Pokémon in order for these two items to resonate with each other.
Mega Evolution can only be triggered once per battle, and deciding which Pokémon to Mega Evolve—and when—can be crucial in deciding the outcome of a battle.

Edited by TrueEm