Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamexplain had two hours with the game. For the first time I can recall, Ash Paulson is the one doing it- compared to Andre being, well, Andre and Derrick popping up more and more as of late.

Anyways, rundown:

-Game looks better visually

-"Use last item" button replaced with a button to immediately access pokeballs

-Alola has a lot of terrain variety and feels alive

-Combat still isn't quite as quick and snappy as 5th gen

-Route and town music is quite good, but Ash wasn't feeling the battle music

-Your first encounter with Team Skull happens very early

That's the gist of things.

Also, Serebii updated with screenshots released alongside preview events. The most interesting one is the inside of Starbu- I mean a Pokemon Center:

pc1.jpg

EDIT: And from another source, no 3D, period:

https://twitter.com/phazon4g/status/786224423971848192

Edited by The DanMan

So I was looking through the screenshots, the overworld seems bigger, especially compared to XYORAS. Those had big overworlds, but SM seems to have a larger one. I guess.

Neat. I also like how the mega stones are locked behind a BP wall.

Something small, but apparently Tackle has had its Base Power reduced from 50 down to 40 according to the preview.

Still better than it's 35 power before Gen V- I remember my reaction when I found out that it was buffed.

No 3D is so lame. I liked it on the 3DS's games. >_>

But if including it might've hindered the game more than helped it, I guess I understand. I'll have to watch GameXplain's two hours with the game when I have more time. :P

Tbh I'm happy they're eliminating the 3D option. It really subtracts much more than what it (supposedly) adds; the game performance is really horrible: slow and laggy, on top of having possible health issues (at least my eyes hurt when I play with the 3D option).

Tbh I'm happy they're eliminating the 3D option. It really subtracts much more than what it (supposedly) adds; the game performance is really horrible: slow and laggy, on top of having possible health issues (at least my eyes hurt when I play with the 3D option).

I never used it just because it's a pain to get right and a drain on battery. Couldn't care less about it, really.

I'm totally fine with no 3D, since the small frame rate drop it gave made me turn it off in the first place. That peeves me so bad.

also the rest of corocoro needs to leak already

I never used it just because it's a pain to get right and a drain on battery. Couldn't care less about it, really.

Oh shoot I forgot the battery issues. At least that's a reason for me to not use it since I mostly play for hours and not for light bursts.

Oh hey, the images have came out finally.

[spoiler=Silvadi]2OHkHKw.jpg

"06:11: When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. It has a special item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item"

Friendship evolution like 99% confirmed.

[spoiler=Jarango and Jararanga]uKYL9ev.jpg

Jarango really hits that awkward middle stage. Jararanga looks good though. If it ain't the pseudo of this gen, it's gonna be like Haxorus.

[spoiler=Other]Gc0LucF.jpg

I think the pink haired person next to Hau at the bottom is Ilmia, the first Trial Captain.

Also Alolan Grimer, like most pokemon with iffy art, has a model that makes it look better.

Edited by Konnor97

Hm, so if Ilima is the first Trial Captain, then that likely makes him the Normal-type Captain, and the one whose trial will have Gumshoos or Alolan Raticate as the Totem Pokemon. At least, I'd assume so. They could always still be something different.

damn it 3ds stop freaking out ive had to type this 3 times now

Everything looks good.

The new trailer should be out in like 7ish hours correct? I'll probably just stay up.

Ooh, we'll get a new trailer, too? I almost wish I hadn't watched the leaks.

But seriously, did Jangmo-o have to become bipedal in later stages? The Fire Starter Syndrome is spreading.

Also, heck yes, Type: Null's evolution still looks awesome.

But seriously, did Jangmo-o have to become bipedal in later stages? The Fire Starter Syndrome is spreading.

Can we have this subsection renamed to Animal Farm?

Can we have this subsection renamed to Animal Farm?

Thinking about it, most pig Pokemon are bipedal, aren't they? Even the pig starter goes from four legs to two...maybe it's intentional?

Also, it seems that the Jangmo-O's has a tribal theme to it.

Edited by Water Mage

Thinking about it, most pig Pokemon are bipedal, aren't they? Even the pig starter goes from four legs to two...maybe it's intentional?

Also, it seems that the Jangmo-O's has a tribal theme to it.

I think Jangmo-o and its evolutionary line are pretty neat, but I swear they are like the most Digimon thing I've seen this generation. XD

(Just my opinion. Again, they still look neat.)

I love Silvadi, though. I hope it has a spread of 100 in every stat, since it's basically discount Arceus. XD I'm probably gonna replace Drampa with it on my team.