Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

God, I love the Cutiefly line.

The Jangmo-o line is pretty good too. Kommo-o is a little overdesigned, but the transition to 3D helped with that a lot.

Silvally has grown on me, and I find its dex description interesting. It's noted that it returns to a wild nature without its helmet, and it's able to smash it at a whim. Yet it will only ever smash its helmet if has a trainer that it trusts That makes me think that it actually knows that hard to control and possibly violent, but without the helmet it's significantly weaker. Looking at it with that in mind, it's trusting the trainer to be able to keep it under control. That's something I find very interesting. Also Silvally grows an extra foot after losing the helmet, and loses 40 pounds. That's pretty darn impressive.

So far my team is: Dartrix, Kommo-o, Silvally, Ribombee, Mimikkyu, and Lycanroc.

40 pounds comming from the Helmet mostly. That guy's head is damn muscled! You don't want to take a Headbutt from it, that's for sure.

​Btw, are there more Pokémon that loses weight on promotion? I can't really think of any right now...

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god I don't even know what pokemon to use. I usually wait for serebii to post the pokemon that appear on specific routes and build my team, almost always based on low manning. So far I'm interested in Bruxish and Misdreavus. I'm also looking at the final evolutions and stat spread of starters. Oh right I was forgetting Drampa.

It might be Rowlet, Misdreavus, Drampa and Bruxish.

Edit: oh and the two HM slaves

Edited by Quintessence

Sup.

Oh teams? So far I have for sure...

Popplio - I like it's design, plus I already have a grass type.

Tsareena - This thing is possibly my favorite new Pokemon right now.

Mudsdale - I also love this thing.

Silvally, assuming it's available in the main story.

Alolan Muk - I like both it's typing and general design.

something

Edit: oh and the two HM slaves

Do we even need HMs? We have PokeRide.

I'd assume that pretty much makes them obsolete. Except maybe Cut and Strength (to our knowledge anyways). Hopefully they make it a better move or something.

Edited by TrueEm

Absol biggest flaw after it got Mega is its outclassed by Base Weavile who is both faster and stronger. Its one of easiest cases where you can spot how much Ice types separates 2 otherwise same pokemon really.

Also i seriously wonder if Silvadi is actually created to fight Arceus instead of UBs lol. What i know is Silvadi can become Mono Flying with guaranteed Physical Moveslot covered

Something interesting I've found in regard to Silvally's name...

"Silvally" is probably meant to be a portmanteau of "silver" and "ally". If you find this hard to believe, you should look at its French and German names: "Silvallié" and "Amigento", respectively. "Allié" is French for "ally, while Amigento comes from "amigo" (Spanish for "friend") and "argentum" (Latin for "silver"). Along with this, the last part of Silvadi probably comes from "buddy". I'm guessing that this friendship motif comes from the fact that Type: Null requires the trust of a trainer to evolve and is fiercely loyal.

(P.S. Silvally's Chinese name means "Silver Partner Fight Beast")

There have been so many new Pokémon I like that I'm having trouble deciding what to use. I haven't even decided on my starter yet. I definitely want to use Silvally, but I'll probably just make up my team as I go along.

Edited by Lightchao42

Also i seriously wonder if Silvadi is actually created to fight Arceus instead of UBs lol. What i know is Silvadi can become Mono Flying with guaranteed Physical Moveslot covered

I doubt it was made to specifically fight Arceus. With how it's phrased on the website, I feel it's more for fighting the UBs.

Yeah i mean it checks out neatly since UBs are also mythological and a threat. For what it worth Arceus isnt exactly what you call a threat

My other headcanon is Marshadow is supposed to be the rival to Jangmo O and is a Dark Fairy

Yeah i mean it checks out neatly since UBs are also mythological and a threat. For what it worth Arceus isnt exactly what you call a threat

My other headcanon is Marshadow is supposed to be the rival to Jangmo O and is a Dark Fairy

I need this.

Was hoping Lunala would be that, but now I'm hoping for Marshadow.

Perhaps the creators of Silvally planed to use the power of Arceus to fight the Ultra Beasts? It would make sense.

Maybe they went overboard? They were trying to copy the power of "God" after all.

Haven't the scientists in the Pokemon learned anything from the scientists of Video Games and Anime? Trying to copy the power of God never ends well. And the world tends to pay the price for that.

My team so far until full pokedex is leaked and I need to restart my team

Rowlet-Laslow/Inigo (Biggest Night Owl)

Rockruff-Koromaru (Persona 3)

Jangmo-o-Scales (\_(ツ)_/¯ creative I know)

Ribombee-Scarf ("You have no other characteristics besides scarf, so until farther notice your name is Scarf"-Boss, Hamatro Abridged

I actually have a question;

What makes Ribombee "special"?

Every* other Gen 7 Pokemon has some unique or cool thing to set it apart from everything else. What does Ribombee have?

I guess Honey Gather? It helps confirm Gen 4 remakes if Honey Trees are back.

And unique typing.

I'm not saying they all have to be super special and unique, but it doesn't even look like it'd have good stats.

*My complaint also technically spreads to Lurantis (although it actually looks like it would have good stats, and has a good design imo. Not saying Ribombee doesn't, I like it too) and Morelull, which isn't even evolved yet (assuming it evolves).

Of course, it could evolve again and make my argument null and void, but that's to be discovered. Or it could actually have good stats. Or some unique movepool that works really well with its stats.

Edited by TrueEm

@TrueEm: regarding HMs idk, they haven't said something officially so I think they still exist. What about Surf or Fly? Cut, Strength, Flash, etc.?

If they make HMs differently then I'll still play with 4 pokemon, I think that's more than needed to play fine.

Absol biggest flaw after it got Mega is its outclassed by Base Weavile who is both faster and stronger. Its one of easiest cases where you can spot how much Ice types separates 2 otherwise same pokemon really.

I wonder if it also learns Earthquake.

@TrueEm: regarding HMs idk, they haven't said something officially so I think they still exist. What about Surf or Fly? Cut, Strength, Flash, etc.?

If they make HMs differently then I'll still play with 4 pokemon, I think that's more than needed to play fine.

I agree on the basis that they need to be available as moves for things to learn. Surf is WAY too good to be abandoned, and Waterfall is too vital for physical water types to be abandoned as well. Assuming they don't get replaced with similarly powerful moves. However, every overworld thing they did could be used just as easily by PokeRide, with some exceptions. The smaller stuff (Cut, Flash, small Rock Smash rocks?) would be kinda weird to do with PokeRide though.

I wonder if it also learns Earthquake.

Everything learns EQ.

For example, Mantine, Tropius and MANTYKE learn EQ via TM.

Edited by TrueEm

Yeah EQ was pretty much the Big 5 "move that many stuff can learn for some fucking reason" which is EQ, Thunderpunch, FireBlast, Blizzard, and Thunder(and their downgrades)

The funny thing is Kyurem can't learn it

I didn't know that Magikarp, Wobbuffet, and the Eeveelutions could learn Earthquake :P:

I'm just imagining Magikarp's splashing making earthquakes and its glorious.

Teams?

Popplio

Type: Null/Alolan Marowak. This depends on if Type: Null is obtainable during the main story

Alolan Vulpix

Grubbin

Rockruff

Jangmo-o

A nice, balanced team. I was going to get Moon, but Lycanroc alone is making me want to get Sun. It's definitely a hard choice.

It can't fly, but it can Bounce, which is the 2nd best thing.

Implying either one is good aside from Fly being a very valuable HM.

EDIT: So Parental Bond is nerfed from 50% to 25%.

Edited by TrueEm