Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I must say I really didn't like the first ones that were revealed; I still don't like Bruxish, Bewear or Drampa, but I think it's progressively gotten better. I love Alolan Ninetales and Raichu, and I can't wait to get my claws on Type: Null, one of my favorite Pokémon designs ever - something I wouldn't have said if it didn't have that awesome backstory.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, it happens to be like that for every generation. No need to feel bad about it or whatever. I wasn't a fan of the designs at first, but they grew on me over time.

With that said, I'm pretty sure the 'mons from the other generations are obtainable in game in some manner. Why let disliking the new 'mons keep you from experiencing the new features, challenges and region when you can still play with the old 'mons? If it's that serious, just use PokeBank or speed through the main game.

That's just my opinion, though.

New pokemon are the main draw for me. New movesets, abilities (sometimes), new stats and new looks. Pokemon games are pretty formulaic so unless there are new features that completely revitalize the gameplay (something in the league of the physical/special split in 4th gen or the new 3D models of 6th gen), playing with old Pokes is just more of the same. I already have games from every other generation to play with those Pokemon. Maybe Sun/Moon will get some new innovating features that make it worthwhile, but as it stands, it's not going to be a Day 1 purchase for me.

So hey, have we gotten word of when the next trailer is? We got it pretty quick after the last one.

There's gonna be some kinda livestream at 8pm JST on the 23rd. No location for it at the moment. There's gonna be some footage plus a Battle Royale thing. Unknown if there'll be anything new though.

New pokemon are the main draw for me. New movesets, abilities (sometimes), new stats and new looks. Pokemon games are pretty formulaic so unless there are new features that completely revitalize the gameplay (something in the league of the physical/special split in 4th gen or the new 3D models of 6th gen), playing with old Pokes is just more of the same. I already have games from every other generation to play with those Pokemon. Maybe Sun/Moon will get some new innovating features that make it worthwhile, but as it stands, it's not going to be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Well, if you're searching for something that's against the usual Pokemon formula and new innovating features, isn't Sun/Moon exactly what you're looking for?

This game won't have any gyms, you will fight creatures aren't Pokemon at all, Pokemon have "limit break" like moves, you can Pokemon in your box train or search for items instead of rotting there, it's very highly implied that HMs are gone and plenty of other new features.

Even with old Pokemon, Sun/Moon feels pretty new and fresh.

We don't know how different the trial captains and kahunas are from gym leaders and Elite Four members, but they seem different enough to me to where it feels fresh, so I agree with Water Mage here.

To me Gen7 looks pretty hype.

My team so far is looking like...

Rowlet's second stage

Leafeon

Lurantis

Chesnaught

Alola Exeggutor

Cradily

---

Tsareena

Morelull(it looks like it'll evolve)

Silvally(grass)

Torterra

I'm still limiting myself to grass types only, and this might be the first time I rotate Pokemon thanks to the new box mechanic.

Well, if you're searching for something that's against the usual Pokemon formula and new innovating features, isn't Sun/Moon exactly what you're looking for?

This game won't have any gyms, you will fight creatures aren't Pokemon at all, Pokemon have "limit break" like moves, you can Pokemon in your box train or search for items instead of rotting there, it's very highly implied that HMs are gone and plenty of other new features.

Even with old Pokemon, Sun/Moon feels pretty new and fresh.

Perhaps. I'm not going to make the claim that the gameplay is stale but it remains to be seen how good the game will be. I'll wait and see, If they have some badass fossil pokes, I may be swayed into getting the game.

I'm still limiting myself to grass types only

You...I like you. I was thinking of making an all grass team (for some game). Mine as of 6th gen was:

Lilligant

Torterra

Trevanant

Tropius

Shiftry

Breloom

It's hard getting type coverage on grass types but I at least enjoy all of the HP recovery strategies. Leech Seed EVERYTHING

Edited by NekoKnight

I actually never made an all Fire team like I wanted to back in XY. I guess I kinda forgot about it. But I should do that this time! So far though, no gen 7 pokes included, even though I do like Salandit. I just like others more right now. So atm, it'll be this.

Rapidash (ace)

Flareon

Infernape

Mega Charizard X (so I have a cool Mega and so I can be like the badass Alain from the anime!)

Houndoom

Pyroar

I used to want Ninetales on this team too, and I still really like it, but it'll feel a bit redundant with Alolan Ninetales on my regular team. I'll still eventually get the normal Ninetales too though.

Edited by Anacybele

If I were to do a Mono-Type run I'd love to do Dark or Ice, but they don't really show up early in every game. Dark can be done sometimes (B2W2 has a good amount of Dark types, and Purrloin extremely early on), but Ice is pretty much impossible.

According to some screenshots, you will be using a Lv.40 Pikachu in the demo, who can use a Z-move. You will also be fighting Pumelia.

It hasn't been released yet though, right? Do we know when it'll be out?

According to some screenshots, you will be using a Lv.40 Pikachu in the demo, who can use a Z-move. You will also be fighting Pumelia.

Dude, spoilers. >_>

And there's no character named Pumelia...

Dude, spoilers. >_>

And there's no character named Pumelia...

The released screenshots are official, and I meant to say Plumeria.

Aaaaand the Demo video is private. That was fast.

Edited by Water Mage

The released screenshots are official, and I meant to say Plumeria.

It's still a spoiler for the demo, which aren't allowed here and are only for the other thread. I didn't want to know what notable characters I'd be fighting. So thanks a lot.

How did someone get gameplay footage and record it when it's not out yet? It can't be from GameXplain since they stated that they couldn't share some details.

Edited by Anacybele

How did someone get gameplay footage and record it when it's not out yet? It can't be from GameXplain since they stated that they couldn't share some details.

The demo and what gamexplain had is not the same.

If I'm not mistaken, GameXplain actually played the game itself, rather than a demo.