Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be cool:

Grass - Dark

Fire - Fairy

Water - Poison

How about:

Grass- Electric

Fire- Fairy

Water- Fighting

I refuse toe believe that the rather in-depth Pokemon +/- rumor from two years ago was completely for naught.

Is anyone getting a little concerned, though? They said "it all comes together', so does that mean we'll be going to the previous six regions? Going to Kanto - Kalos isn't what concerns me, though.

If this is the case, there is the chance this could be the last main series game. (Save for a Diamond and Pearl remake)

Is anyone getting a little concerned, though? They said "it all comes together', so does that mean we'll be going to the previous six regions? Going to Kanto - Kalos isn't what concerns me, though.

If this is the case, there is the chance this could be the last main series game. (Save for a Diamond and Pearl remake)

Er... no.

I'm certain that's not what they mean at all.

Haven't we been able to go to other regions before, though?

And maybe this region is some sort of tropical, tourist getaway where trainers from all regions come together to battle and vacation.

(Pokemon is such a cash cow for Nintendo I don't see them giving up on it anytime soon.)

Nintendo would never end their most profitable cash cow franchise

I think I'll get Pokemon Sol since I got Pokemon Y and I always alternate between the first and second games

I know I shouldn't expect such from a Pokémon game but...I sort of want a good story. I mean, they really tried in Black and White, so maybe they'll give it another shot this time.

Although as long as I don't have to constantly be bothered by a bunch of kids with one character trait for the entire journey, then I'll be fine.

I know I shouldn't expect such from a Pokémon game but...I sort of want a good story. I mean, they really tried in Black and White, so maybe they'll give it another shot this time.

Although as long as I don't have to constantly be bothered by a bunch of kids with one character trait for the entire journey, then I'll be fine.

I do hope so.

Gen 6's was... ... a thing.

I think it still could be gen 6. We never got the third version/sequels that have always come after the main pair this time. I'm not saying it's definitely gen 6, it's just a possibility. We'll have to wait until we hear more.

I never did see those images since I had trouble getting the video to load at first. Seems really nice-looking so far! Right now, I'm choosing Sun because I like the sun a lot. :P

Solrock and Lunatone better get evolutions/Mega evolutions and be exclusive to Sun and Moon respectively! Solrock > Lunatone imo too.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, Team Flare especially was stupid; Sycamore being cool with Lysandre basically declaring he planned to murder everyone was pretty bad. I thought that Black and White's story was decent, though; what was your problem with it?

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the titles introduced with a line among the likeness of "and in 2016 comes the new generation of Pokemon?"

Not to mention this doesn't seem like a remake of a previous title and each standalone set of games counts as its own generation.

It's /less/ plausible to think we're still in Gen 6, I would think.

Edited by Vashiane

I'm optimistic in the new games!

Though, the fact that the games are called Sun and Moon and their accompanying logo thingies kind of remind me of Hoshido and Nohr. Anyone else getting these vibes?

I'm in team Hoshido... Er, Sun!

I'm optimistic in the new games!

Though, the fact that the games are called Sun and Moon and their accompanying logo thingies kind of remind me of Hoshido and Nohr. Anyone else getting these vibes?

I'm in team Hoshido... Er, Sun!

Well, actually, Fates kinda stole the whole two versions thing from Pokemon, so there.

Yeah, Team Flare especially was stupid; Sycamore being cool with Lysandre basically declaring he planned to murder everyone was pretty bad. I thought that Black and White's story was decent, though; what was your problem with it?

The sad part is that they could've still made that thing work; Lysandre being some kind of genius and pessimist leads him to thinking that he knows what's best for the world and tries to change it somehow - I realize that's essentially what Ruby and Sapphire is about, too, but I always got the impression that they tried telling something with Lysandre but just didn't get there (or even came close, but hey).

Black and White is the game I've played the least, but from what I remember the story WAS decent. The characters went through some development and the theme was fitting. I remember not liking Team Plasma one bit though; N seems like he could've been persuaded if the protagonists could talk, it always bothered me how they had a blood KING and SAGES in an organization like that, as well as an underground castle, and Ghetsis' plan just felt...I don't know, too typical?

That being said, it's still the best Pokémon story so I really hope they do something similar this time around; they shouldn't be so afraid of challenging kids, which seems to be what is holding them back. Everyone gets along, no one is in the wrong aside from the guy who's only there to take over the world - it's just so...basic.

Well, actually, Fates kinda stole the whole two versions thing from Pokemon, so there.

That would explain the quality of the story.

Edited by Thane

The sad part is that they could've still made that thing work; Lysandre being some kind of genius and pessimist leads him to thinking that he knows what's best for the world and tries to change it somehow - I realize that's essentially what Ruby and Sapphire is about, too, but I always got the impression that they tried telling something with Lysandre but just didn't get there (or even came close, but hey).

Black and White is the game I've played the least, but from what I remember the story WAS decent. The characters went through some development and the theme was fitting. I remember not liking Team Plasma one bit though; N seems like he could've been persuaded if the protagonists could talk, it always bothered me how they had a blood KING and SAGES in an organization like that, as well as an underground castle, and Ghetsis' plan just felt...I don't know, too typical?

That being said, it's still the best Pokémon story so I really hope they do something similar this time around; they shouldn't be so afraid of challenging kids, which seems to be what is holding them back. Everyone gets along, no one is in the wrong aside from the guy who's only there to take over the world - it's just so...basic.

Your Pokemon did it for you actually. And Plasma are lesser versions of N except did all the dirty work and did nothing ground breaking, they're just misunderstanding children,. I personally loved the story (Maybe because it was the only done right story in Gen 5) and the story made you see more as well as the side you were fighting for. You could actually understand the whole point of N's and Plasma's morals.

Gen 5's my favorite; Meta, story, characters, good Pokemon. Aww yeah.

Also, what's Ghetsis's most favorite keyboard shortcut?

Ctrl+N

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

So this is the FExPokémon crossover now ?

The direct was so short, I was expecting more information about other Pokémon games... But it seems all nice, from the few bits we were given. Somehow, I think another direct is coming to explain the whole Sun/Moon stuff along wwith Pokken and hopefully another Pokémon stuff that's not just Pokémon Picross or whatever. After all there might be plenty of info they might share about other franchises as well, I guess.... Unless it is a Zelda 30th anniversary direct, which would benice by the way.

That would explain the quality of the story.

Actually, I liked that about the story. N and the player are both fighting for their ideals, and, unless those ideals are very bad, there is nothing wrong with that. The end has N learning to accept that different opinions exist, but his opinion was still valid; his only problem was trying to force it on others by stealing Pokemon. Ghetsis, on the other hand, doesn't fight for an ideal, he fights for himself. That is what makes him evil, his self serving nature, his inability to do anything that doesn't benefit him. Basically, Pokemon is against Atlas Shrugged, and even Generation 1 had a better story than Atlas Shrugged. In any case, I won't deny that there were some problems; the drill castle was stupid, and it wasn't really made clear why N is a King; does he have royal blood or something? Honestly if I lived in Unova I would totally be on N's side if only to make Unova a monarchy, but I digress. I also wish that the Sages had battles, but whatever. Overall, though, Black and White had a good story for a kid's game, and I really like its theme.

Actually, I liked that about the story. N and the player are both fighting for their ideals, and, unless those ideals are very bad, there is nothing wrong with that. The end has N learning to accept that different opinions exist, but his opinion was still valid; his only problem was trying to force it on others by stealing Pokemon. Ghetsis, on the other hand, doesn't fight for an ideal, he fights for himself. That is what makes him evil, his self serving nature, his inability to do anything that doesn't benefit him. Basically, Pokemon is against Atlas Shrugged, and even Generation 1 had a better story than Atlas Shrugged. In any case, I won't deny that there were some problems; the drill castle was stupid, and it wasn't really made clear why N is a King; does he have royal blood or something? Honestly if I lived in Unova I would totally be on N's side if only to make Unova a monarchy, but I digress. I also wish that the Sages had battles, but whatever. Overall, though, Black and White had a good story for a kid's game, and I really like its theme.

Oh I definitely agree, and people fighting for different ideals is usually better than someone just wanting to be a villain for the heck of it; I say usually because if one side is obviously in the wrong yet is not treated as such in the narrative, then it just becomes tiring.

What i meant by N being able to be persuaded is that if he had just taken a chill pill after the first battle and grabbed a coffee with the protagonists or something, they could've talked it out - I realize that wouldn't have made for much of a story, and I DO like Black and White's plot, I really do, but I always felt that was a bit weird.

I should probably also take this time to mention that it being for kids is not an excuse for Pokémon not being slightly more challenging for kids; I'm not talking about making it dark or anything (although I suppose the villain wanting to destroy the world is A-ok, huh...), but I mean just doing something to add some depth. Look at Avatar: The Last Airbender, a show aimed at a slightly higher age group but it appeals to so many different kinds of people just because of the sheer quality of the writing and characters.

Oh I definitely agree, and people fighting for different ideals is usually better than someone just wanting to be a villain for the heck of it; I say usually because if one side is obviously in the wrong yet is not treated as such in the narrative, then it just becomes tiring.

What i meant by N being able to be persuaded is that if he had just taken a chill pill after the first battle and grabbed a coffee with the protagonists or something, they could've talked it out - I realize that wouldn't have made for much of a story, and I DO like Black and White's plot, I really do, but I always felt that was a bit weird.

I should probably also take this time to mention that it being for kids is not an excuse for Pokémon not being slightly more challenging for kids; I'm not talking about making it dark or anything (although I suppose the villain wanting to destroy the world is A-ok, huh...), but I mean just doing something to add some depth. Look at Avatar: The Last Airbender, a show aimed at a slightly higher age group but it appeals to so many different kinds of people just because of the sheer quality of the writing and characters.

But Team Plasma isn't obviously in the wrong here. Yes, their rank and file may be hypocrites, but N does bring up legitimate points. I do somewhat agree about N, but he was indoctrinated from an early age by Ghetsis, so that was why it took so much to get him to accept that other viewpoints were legitimate.

It's kind of odd that they showed us almost nothing in this direct, despite the game coming out this year. If those logos and pieces of concept art are most of what they have, I really worry that they're going to rush these games.

Perhaps they want to keep it a surprise for later?