Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Nice to hear the early impressions are good. That Refresh looks like something my inner child will have a bunch of fun with, and getting some new (I think?) examples of the trials was nice. Also very thrilled about the story now.

I am, however, worried about things slowing down during totem and multi battles now since my 3ds isn't exactly new. I hope the lag isn't too noticable.

(Also, gamefaqs be gamefaqs)

Why are they complaining about Sun & Moon?

Seriously though, that first scene made me laugh out loud. "I've already got self-esteem issues, man!"

"Let's get Figy with it! Watch as I Nanab me some berries!"

I admit I wasn't really feeling Team Skull before, but this scene changed that. Puns and humor go a long way!

(I'm surprised how much that short scene helped, but I guess I just needed a small push to go from indifference to liking them)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-order or pick up on release day?

It's the most preordered game in Nintendo's history (with preorders made in the past few weeks getting delayed), so I think it's going to be hard to get either way.

You should make a Weird Al-esque parody of that song with this concept, with or without the blessing of The Lonely Island.

http://pastebin.com/LxnJVcQk

Why did I do this?

Anyone who thinks the GameXplain crew are just a bunch of Nintendo fanboys doesn't know all their opinions.

Like what Andre thinks of Twilight Princess.

On the topic of the review and not Gamefaqs people:

It's a shame it slows down on old 3DS. The game looks legit amazing but lag can be bothersome sometimes (Playing DQ7 3DS has bothered me with lag in ways the PSX version never did). At least the game is turn based so you don't need fast reaction time, and functions fine for singles (most of the game).

Also definitely agree on the characters. Not sure if they'll fully surpass N for me, but I really like what I've seen.

Anyone who thinks the GameXplain crew are just a bunch of Nintendo fanboys doesn't know all their opinions.Like what Andre thinks of Twilight Princess.On the topic of the review and not Gamefaqs people:It's a shame it slows down on old 3DS. The game looks legit amazing but lag can be bothersome sometimes (Playing DQ7 3DS has bothered me with lag in ways the PSX version never did). At least the game is turn based so you don't need fast reaction time, and functions fine for singles (most of the game).Also definitely agree on the characters. Not sure if they'll fully surpass N for me, but I really like what I've seen.

Does it slows down a lot on the old 3DS?

In doubles, SOS battles and Battle Royal, quite a bit, yeah.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember XY and ORAS slowing down a bit on double and horde battles, is it similar?

It never bothered me too much because it wasn't noticeable and there were few of them.

Edited by Water Mage

I did lose interest in Pokemon after the 3rd gen and then got back into it during the 5th, so I wonder how that reflects my experience, but it seems correct. I also missed FR/LG and Emerald though, but they all obviously seemed like games I'd known in and out when I got back into it.

My GameStop is doing a midnight release, but I'm not going to be able to go to it because I have to go teach the next day. Oh well, I doubt I would've gone anyway because none of my friends are going and I hate going out past dark.

If reviews are anything to go by, then the truth remains: odd-numbered Pokemon gens are always the better ones.

I have to disagree. The even-numbered ones have always been better to me. 2>1 4>3 6>5. 7 will probably be the odd one out here that IS better than its predecessor though.

EDIT: Also, posting on this site nowadays is still stupid. -_- I know I made another post here earlier between this and the one where I said people on Gamefaqs were rude, and it never went through even though I hit the post button. And posting in general on here is laggy as hell. I need to ask someone to fix this. I don't get this issue on any other site.

Edited by Anacybele

I have to disagree. The even-numbered ones have always been better to me. 2>1 4>3 6>5. 7 will probably be the odd one out here that IS better than its predecessor though.

EDIT: Also, posting on this site nowadays is still stupid. -_- I know I made another post here earlier between this and the one where I said people on Gamefaqs were rude, and it never went through even though I hit the post button. And posting in general on here is laggy as hell. I need to ask someone to fix this. I don't get this issue on any other site.

I have the same problem as you do actually. I am using google chrome. Presumably the latest version unless self updates were removed. I generally have to click post and then refresh the page. That turns out to be much faster than waiting.

Also i agree, even numbered one can be really good. for example new pokemon designs in Platinum were a lot better than the designs in Gen 5 imo.

I use Firefox, so it definitely has to be a site issue. I have to refresh for the post to go through as well sometimes.

I agree, I think gen 4 had overall the best new Pokemon designs so far, not counting gen 7 because I haven't seen all the designs there yet.

Edited by Anacybele

I use Firefox, so it definitely has to be a site issue. I have to refresh for the post to go through as well sometimes.

I agree, I think gen 4 had overall the best new Pokemon designs so far, not counting gen 7 because I haven't seen all the designs there yet.

Gen 7 has some really good ones simply from what we have seen in serebii and coro coro. Alolan Marowak alone, while only a re-skin is pretty epic.

That comment makes me nervous.

"A lot of it". Not "all" or "most", but "a lot".

You've seen how a lot of Team Skull are goofballs and stuff. A game can have a lot of lighthearted moments counterbalanced with a few serious ones and backstory.

If it's not the best mainline Pokemon story, it's a pretty close second best.

"A lot of it". Not "all" or "most", but "a lot".

You've seen how a lot of Team Skull are goofballs and stuff. A game can have a lot of lighthearted moments counterbalanced with a few serious ones and backstory.

If it's not the best mainline Pokemon story, it's a pretty close second best.

I am now calmer.

Gen 7 has some really good ones simply from what we have seen in serebii and coro coro. Alolan Marowak alone, while only a re-skin is pretty epic.

Well, for me, gen 7 designs have been more or less hit and miss. I do agree we've gotten some awesome ones here though.

So, has anyone else here bought the game for Japanese 3DS? Do you know when we can start playing it?

If memory serves, I could start playing Fire Emblem Fates at around midnight, Japanese time, but when I checked my 3DS last night (technically today) right after midnight European time, it said there were still three more days to go, so I'm a little confused.