Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Just beat Totem Wishiwashi. He went down pretty easily thanks to my two weakest team members: Grimer and Dewpider. Grimer poisoned Wishiwashi and attempted to poison the back up Wishiwashi before going down to Helping Hand!Water Gun. It had lost 3/8 of its health by then when Dewpider came out. Dewpider used Infestation for additional damage and Bubble'd once, and after healing from a rather weak Helping Hand!Water Gun, Wishiwashi was down to 25% health, and so it became a weakling again. Another Bubble plus the poison and Infestation damage knocked it out. The helper Wishiwashi went down soon afterwards thanks to it only having Aqua Ring and Helping Hand.

And here I got Grubbin to level 19 and used my rare candy on it for Charjabug because I heard how tough it was. Like I understand it could be tough, especially if you knocked it low enough for it to summon Alomomola. And I kinda cheesed it.

Team right now:

Beltigre: 19 Jolly Torracat

XX03: 20 Quiet Charjabug

Kiwa Hirsuta: 18 Adamant Crabrawler

Mude: 18 Naive Mudbray

Scuttlebug: 17 Adamant Dewpider

: 15 Quirky Grimer

Ana the name rater is in one of the buildings in Heahea city. I think the first one after the ferry station. Before the apparel shop I believe.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salazzle is annoying. It keeps poisoning everything.

Wishiwashi is very infuriating. It hits incredibly hard. School form is no joke. And it can be healed!

Lurantis is dowright nightmarish! Words cannot describe how hard this battle was for me.

My battle with Wishiwashi was also in the rain (I don't know if it's supposed to or if it was just random). It was a nightmare.

Lurantis is bonkers though. I ended up bulking up my Stufful with X Defend and X Attack before killing it with a Z Move.

and... Castform... was... awful...

I'm really liking how much of a challenge the totems are. Looking forward to Ula'ula now.

My battle with Wishiwashi was also in the rain (I don't know if it's supposed to or if it was just random). It was a nightmare.

Lurantis is bonkers though. I ended up bulking up my Stufful with X Defend and X Attack before killing it with a Z Move.

and... Castform... was... awful...

I'm really liking how much of a challenge the totems are. Looking forward to Ula'ula now.

I'm pretty sure it's always supposed to rain during the Totem Wishiwashi battle.

Of the 3 Akala Totems, Salazzle was the easiest one.

Not to say it is wasn't hard, because it still gave me trouble. Toxic+Venoshock was a bitch.

Venom Drench in that battle pushed me over the limit. Dropping Attack, special attack and speed in one go is nuts.

Luckily for me, it only used Venom Drench once during my battle.

Here's a hint for those that haven't fought the Totems:

Lower their stats. It work miracles on them. It's the one thing they can't recover.

Moves like Growl, Charm and Confide will be very useful!

Edited by Water Mage

Done with one of the postgame questlines; really enjoyed it, albeit too simple for my liking. Time to go to the Battle Tree and see if it'll be any fun or if I'll get sick of grinding stuff with my super slow team.

Oh yeah, does anyone know where you check friendship? I want to know where I stand with my Type: Null.

Luckily for me, it only used Venom Drench once during my battle.

Here's a hint for those that haven't fought the Totems:
Lower their stats. It work miracles on them. It's the one thing they can't recover.
Moves like Growl, Charm and Confide will be very useful!

Someone at Game Freak rubbed their hands together and laughed darkly when they implemented the Castform that shows up after that bird.

Done with one of the postgame questlines; really enjoyed it, albeit too simple for my liking. Time to go to the Battle Tree and see if it'll be any fun or if I'll get sick of grinding stuff with my super slow team.

Oh yeah, does anyone know where you check friendship? I want to know where I stand with my Type: Null.

Someone at Game Freak rubbed their hands together and laughed darkly when they implemented the Castform that shows up after that bird.

Veteran trainer in Konikoni City.

I'm desperately trying to find a Dewpider. I changed my 3DS clock to "daytime"/nighttime, and serebii says the odds are 10% in the grass at Brooklet Hill and 40% surfing.

I have not found a single Dewpider. What's with it?

If you still need one, I think I have one I'm not going to use

I fixed my Mudbray's name accident, so now he's Philippe. ^^ Also has the +def, - sp. def nature, which is good enough! Mudbray and Mudsdale are supposed to have excellent def, so yeah. The low sp. def will make mine very vulnerable to a lot of Water and Grass attacks since those are their weaknesses, but I would try not to put them against Water or Grass types anyway.

Bruno the Rockruff has +sp def, -attack, which I know isn't the best, but come on, a Rock type with high sp. def and speed! You NEVER see this!

Also, I'm surprised a lot of you had trouble beating Hala. He was the only super easy important battle for me so far. My Brionne and Trumbeak wooped him hard (Flit the Trumbeak one-shot Mankey and Makuhita). Arie the Brionne survived the Z-move by a long shot too. I haven't used any Z-moves yet myself either, simply because I don't have crystals I want to use yet (Normal and Fighting? Bleh, no thanks).

Edited by Anacybele

Just finished fighting Olivia and it's off to Aether Paradise. Olivia herself was pretty easy, thanks to my Snorlax knowing Brick Break. It's a shame Rockruff is in storage until tomorrow because I can't evolve it yet, but I don't want to mess around with the 3DS system clock, and the 3DS I'm on doesn't have a Nintendo ID associated with it.

Edited by AzureSen

Oh, oh, okay. Glad you guys told me. I rarely play at night, but there's always a chance that I do and I wouldn't have wanted to end up trying to evolve Rockruff at such a time not knowing it won't. :P

Really? It's rather common encounter while surfing.

It's also a daytime Pokemon, so it might a little harder to find on Moon.

Also, a warning:

The Totem Pokemon of the second island are quite hard.

It's what TvTropes would Wake up Call bosses. Let me put them in order of difficulty:

Salazzle is annoying. It keeps poisoning everything.

Wishiwashi is very infuriating. It hits incredibly hard. School form is no joke. And it can be healed!

Lurantis is dowright nightmarish! Words cannot describe how hard this battle was for me.

That being said, I'm actually enjoying the difficulty! It's rare treat in Pokemon these days.

I had crazy abysmal luck, and I did not get a single encounter while surfing until my break at work. Maybe the cold, rainy weather conditions outside had something to do with it?

Also, Wishiwashi got destroyed. First turn razor leaf from Dartrix knocked it down to just about half health (neutral nature, most powerful party member then at level 25- I've now sidelined it for emergency use only), then got lucky with a crit (thank you, max Amie bonuses) that wiped out both the totem and its backup. And Salazzle has a 4X ground weakness- even with a defense buff, that sounds like perfect bait for Horse.png.

If you still need one, I think I have one I'm not going to use

Thanks, but I got one while at work. And thankfully the second one had a neutral nature (if the game gives me a good nature, I'll take it; but after the nightmare that was trying to get a non-sucky Rowlet nature I'm fine with neutrals).

Anyways, more impressions (just got out of the forced Battle Royale- damn you Hau)

-Characters are a LOT more expressive. Lillie emotes more through facial animations alone than every single actor in the Star Wars prequels.

-I'm loving all the foreshadowing.

-As somebody using the EXP share knowing that it's the Gen V EXP formula, the difficulty feels about "just right" for a Pokemon game. Not terribly challenging, but I've had some close calls (Sina's Glaecon did a near-total party wipe until I realized Trumbeak had rock smash).

-Branching dialogue options are awesome. Trolling the Team Skull Grunts by saying you don't know who they are (even after encountering them three times), calling out the Masked Royal for obviously being Kukui; it's nothing major, but it's nice to actually be able to speak in some fashion in a Pokemon game.

-I'm disappointed Lana didn't do more- I liked what I saw of her character.

Team:

Hoole/Dartrix: A bit overlevelled at 27. Surprisingly pretty balanced- Fake and Gay (the leaker's Dartrix) must have gotten cursed in the speed department.

Trumbeak: Level 22 and a surprise addition to my party. The first pokemon I caught in Moon is likely to stay on my team due to Bagon's infuriating 1% encounter rate and how it will fulfill a different niche from Hoole when fully evolved.

Cornell/Rockruff: Level 22, currently paralleling Arwen/my Petillil from my White replay. Moments of awesome interspersed with moments of suckiness. Hopefully like Arwen he'll be mostly awesome upon evolution.

Visorak/Dewpider: Level 17, my newest addition. She hasn't done much but nail people with Waterium Z Bubblebeam (which is an effective 360 power with it's ability and STAB) and get nailed by a Breackneck Blitz from Hau's Brionne.

Raticate: Level 21. Fat filler who's never defeated a single opponent and only gets sent out in case I need a sacrifice play.

Horse.png/Mudbray: Level 22. Pretty neat, but hasn't had too much time to shine.

Edited by The DanMan

>Marowak evolves at Lv28

>It learns Shadow Bone at Lv27

>doesn't learn any other physical Ghost move

>loses Rock Head except it's the hidden ability

damnit GameFreak you literally just killed all of my hype for this Poke

Edited by Ema Skye

Finally made it to Ula'ula Island, but I'm going back to Akala because I skipped quite a bit of stuff towards the end just so I could come back and explore at my leisure. The game is still almost entirely on rails, although Ula'ula gets a little credit because you can actually explore on your own a little and visit Route 11, once you get through the requisite events when you first get to the island.

Also, unless they've changed it, I'm a little annoyed that you can only use Pikachu's exclusive Z-Move with Volt Tackle, which you can only get through breeding.

Also, unless they've changed it, I'm a little annoyed that you can only use Pikachu's exclusive Z-Move with Volt Tackle, which you can only get through breeding.

There's a Volt Tackle tutor by the Eviolite item.

Dammit, Corsola won't appear so I can beat on it until it calls a Mareanie for help. Ugh. I give up officially. I am using Paulonia the Dewpider as designated Water-type crew member. Now, I'm backtracking all the way to Melemele to tie up any available loose ends and level Paulonia up.

Edited by saisymbolic

Dammit, Corsola won't appear so I can beat on it until it calls a Mareanie for help. Ugh. I give up officially. I am using Paulonia the Dewpider as designated Water-type crew member. Now, I'm backtracking all the way to Melemele to tie up any available loose ends and level Paulonia up.

I actually just got one a little bit ago. I'm close enough to Ditto that I could breed one for you if you'd like, and we can work on a trade. Let me know if you're up for it.

Anyone know how to get down by that beach on Route 3?

Edited by Ema Skye