Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'm at Poni Canyon now. And I must say, Lillie is my favorite character in this game (though I like Hau a lot too). Her development is SO good. She's really well written!

I also really like Hau because of just how damn cheerful and calm he is, even in a serious situation. He's so positive that it makes me feel just as positive! This guy just has all sorts of good vibes.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, why would they get rid of them? They were one of my favorite things from Gen VI, they made breeding and grinding so much more bearable. Why must GameFreak take out stuff we love?

They seem to constantly remove good and bad things from games and add new good and bad things. Although i am glad they have kept a few things like the improved breeding mechanics for IVs and such. I once did it in Gen 4 to try and get a nice milotic... it was a pain and took too long. I hear it is a lot simpler nowadays.

I'm at Poni Canyon now. And I must say, Lillie is my favorite character in this game (though I like Hau a lot too). Her development is SO good. She's really well written!

I also really like Hau because of just how damn cheerful and calm he is, even in a serious situation. He's so positive that it makes me feel just as positive! This guy just has all sorts of good vibes.

[spoiler=dont know if it is spoiler]I really disliked Lillie until the fourth island. She was so defenseless and seemed to always get herself in those situations it annoyed the shit out of me. Glad she had that huge turnaround though.

Yay, I caught an Eevee, it's +Speed, -Defense, I'll have to decide what I want to evolve it into.

Lillie reminds me a bit of me when I was a kid. I only just did the water trial, but from what I've seen so far. She's also blonde with green eyes, like me, too.

+speed and -def sounds like it'd be best as a Jolteon.

I'm also blonde with green (well, hazel, but they're a bit more green than brown) eyes. Though not nearly the same blonde as Lillie. I'm a much darker blonde.

+speed and -def sounds like it'd be best as a Jolteon.

I'm also blonde with green (well, hazel, but they're a bit more green than brown) eyes. Though not nearly the same blonde as Lillie. I'm a much darker blonde.

Jolteon might be good. I'm currently using Magnemite as my Electric type, but it's not set in stone. I'm not sure when I'll get a Thunder Stone.

I'm sort of reddish-blonde/dirty blonde now, but I was pretty much platinum blonde as a kid.

You can get one on the second island at the earliest. I had to ask how to get one myself for my Pikachu.

Am I the only one that's actually using a bunch of the new Pokemon/Alolan forms? I notice other people's teams don't have many at all.

I've played this game and I have some opinions

the new Pokémon are the best batch in the series. unexpected shout outs to bewear and comfey

mimikyu is op. I love it

lillie is a garbage character

wicke is the best character in the series

comfey is the best

too many Pokémon are rare

the level curve is really really bad

trials are fun, Kiawe's the best moment in any Pokémon game

I love the new stoner hikers

bewear

Edited by Voltrash

You can get one on the second island at the earliest. I had to ask how to get one myself for my Pikachu.

Am I the only one that's actually using a bunch of the new Pokemon/Alolan forms? I notice other people's teams don't have many at all.

Ah, just got another Eevee. This one is +Attack, -SpDef. I'm on the second island, now, I'll have to keep an eye out for the Thunder Stone.

My team is mostly Gen I pokes, besides my starter. Most of the new pokes don't really appeal to me, of the ones I've seen so far anyway.

I made a point to only use gen 7 pokemon for my first run through the game, they were fun to use. As for Eevees, +Speed is good for Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon especially, but works for most of them(outside of like, Umbreon), mostly. +Attack is good for Leafeon and Flareon, the others are mostly special attackers.

Any Eevee with +attack should go Flareon. No question there. It'd work for Leafeon too, but Leafeon's best stat is def, so a Leafeon really wants a +def nature more for maximum tankiness (except if it also lowers attack, tho).

A lot of the new Pokemon appeal to me quite a bit. Though those that don't...REALLY don't appeal to me. xP

Edited by Anacybele

people who dislike Pokémon are so close minded typically. like, feel free to not care about it, but actively disliking is really not necessary

meanwhile, I have enough team member ideas to fill four runs with exclusively Alolan Pokémon. Shout outs to the starters, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Lycanroc, Ribombee, Oricorio, Bewear, Palossand, Comfey, Mimikyu, Tsareena, Salazzle, Golisopod, Bruxish, Marowak, Sandslash, Raticate, Togedemaru, and Mudsdale. I'm fine with everyone else, like Lurantis or Araquanid, but they don't typically make much of an impression. I will say Toxapex is pretty ridiculously meanspirited though, and the fact that the game has 20 Legendaries is a little absurd

Pyukumuku is also cool, but lol at using it ingame

Edited by Voltrash

20 legendaries? That IS pretty ridiculous. Though I'm not sure whether to count the Ultra Beasts as legendaries since they may not even be true Pokemon and come from an entirely different dimension rather than Alola or another region.

people who dislike Pokémon are so close minded typically. like, feel free to not care about it, but actively disliking is really not necessary

meanwhile, I have enough team member ideas to fill four runs with exclusively Alolan Pokémon. Shout outs to the starters, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Lycanroc, Ribombee, Oricorio, Bewear, Palossand, Comfey, Mimikyu, Tsareena, Salazzle, Golisopod, Bruxish, Marowak, Sandslash, Raticate, Togedemaru, and Mudsdale. I'm fine with everyone else, like Lurantis or Araquanid, but they don't typically make much of an impression. I will say Toxapex is pretty ridiculously meanspirited though, and the fact that the game has 20 Legendaries is a little absurd

Pyukumuku is also cool, but lol at using it ingame

Like 20 brand new legendaries? Or are you including past legendaries that you can catch? 20 new ones would mean that a quarter of the new pokes are legendaries.

20 legendaries? That IS pretty ridiculous. Though I'm not sure whether to count the Ultra Beasts as legendaries since they may not even be true Pokemon and come from an entirely different dimension rather than Alola or another region.

[spoiler=every legendary so spoilers]Type: Null, Silvally, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, and Marshadow.

And yes, the code states that Type: Null and Silvally are Legendaries. They're listed on the same level as Pokémon like Articuno, Uxie, or Heatran

Edit: @Rezzy, 20 brand new legendaries

Edited by Voltrash

Most of my team was actually Gen 7 only, Decidueye, A-Marowak, Wishiwashi, and Lycanroc. Snorlax being the only non-Gen 7 poke. Wouldnt have used him had it not been an event. I tried to make it a point actually, was very tempted to use alakazam again XD.

Also some pokemon i cant see my self using, like Dugtrio. I cant with that hair. Can we get three hats XD

Most of my team was actually Gen 7 only, Decidueye, A-Marowak, Wishiwashi, and Lycanroc. Snorlax being the only non-Gen 7 poke. Wouldnt have used him had it not been an event. I tried to make it a point actually, was very tempted to use alakazam again XD.

Also some pokemon i cant see my self using, like Dugtrio. I cant with that hair. Can we get three hats XD

When they said that the new Dugtrio's hair was metal, I don't think they meant the headbanging type of metal.

also, i'm fairly certain you didn't understand hau's character if you think that he's living for good vibes or whatever

hau basically has crippling depression because of hala and that's his coping mechanism. the only one who notices before a certain point is gladion, who ends up causing hau to actually grow

[spoiler=every legendary so spoilers]Type: Null, Silvally, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, and Marshadow.

And yes, the code states that Type: Null and Silvally are Legendaries. They're listed on the same level as Pokémon like Articuno, Uxie, or Heatran

Edit: @Rezzy, 20 brand new legendaries

Some of those are part of the same line though. Type: Null evolves into Silvally, for instance. So they're kind of really just one legendary.

EDIT: No, I do understand Hau's character. He seems to know very well that he's in his grandfather's shadow and he definitely is not suffering depression. He just wants to be able to beat Hala and be a kahuna someday.

Edited by Anacybele

they're still legendaries though. being part of the same line does not change how game freak feels they need to be characterized

They're still basically the same Pokemon though. Especially in Type: Null and Silvally's case. The latter is nearly literally just the former sans the crazy helmet.

Oh god so close to done with the army of synchronize abras... just need a rash abra...

Am I insane? This endeavour has taken too much time... Apparently people in wonder trade had the same idea... XD They keep sending abras, and so am I in the hopes they send one with a rash!

Whimsicott has the dubious honor of being the Pokemon on my team to evolve, because I'm stupid and I'd completely skipped the area where you find the Sun Stone on the second island. Rufflet has the dubious honor of being the one with the latest evolution that occurs by level (54, why). At this point my entire team is promoted though.

I have this weird "tradition" of using three Pokemon from the current generation, and three Pokemon from any other generation. So I'm using Decidueye, Rockruff, and Lurantis as my Alola Pokemon, and an Espeon, Braviary, and Whimsicott as the "others". Did a similar thing in the previous games I played: Y had Chesnaught, Talonflame, Aegislash, Vaporeon, Gardevoir, and Altaria; AS had Sceptile, Salamence, Altaria, Aegislash, Swanna, and Jolteon.